IVF/ICSI Support Group

Day 5- just started on orgalutran. Did anybody feel the way I do? Feel like I have constipation when I do not... Tummy so big can't even Zip up my largest pants comfortably.. Thirsty... Fatigue

Day 5- just started on orgalutran. Did anybody feel the way I do? Feel like I have constipation when I do not... Tummy so big can't even Zip up my largest pants comfortably.. Thirsty... Fatigue
I kind of felt the same as u. But that was when I had to jab orgalutron + puregon. No constipation, just thirsty, fatigue & no appetite in the evening. Can't buckle my belt after lunch. Tummy bloated. But I had mild OHSS...

I think I have bad news to share.
Last night at 6dp2dt, I had some brown discharge (from crinone insert) then followed by brown staining (ard thumb size stain on pad) and light brown staining whenever I wiped (apologies for tmi).
This morn, I woke and sat up and felt a flow gushed down (like during menses) and saw dark red bleed on my pad (palm size).
I'm not sure if this is the start of my early menses or irritation from crinone insert. I had cramps (menses like, on and off too)
My beta is on 25/9. Last menses on 21/8. My cycle can range from 28-40 days but on avg, it's mostly ard 33-34 days.
Now is dark red to red staining whenever I wiped.
Felt super emo since last night
It's too early for your menses to report right?

Hi to all sisters, can anyone explain the process of ivf as I was thinking if I can swork during the month that I starting on my IVF. If working, how do you manage?

Claps!!! Congrats dearie!!
Do share your meal plan and what were your experiences in 2ww.. So we can grab some great tips!!

@babyluck Actually I am more relax for this cycle. I went to work during 2WW as the last time I stayed at home during 2WW, I kept thinking negatively and crying unnecessarily. So this time I changed the plan and fill my time with work instead. My work is not so stressful so I guess its ok.

Food wise, I eat whatever I feel like eating except I avoid cold fruits ie. Watermelon, papaya, pineapple... cut down on some spicy food.. and increase vegetable and heart/liver thingy cos I know I am anaemic.

Hi to all sisters, can anyone explain the process of ivf as I was thinking if I can swork during the month that I starting on my IVF. If working, how do you manage?

Ok I was very frustrated during the process because the information came in drips and draps. My workplace is very strict on leave policy so it was difficult. Not their fault because of the nature of the work we do. Anyways, this is my experience with KKH.

- Wait time from the date you decide to do IVF to the actual IVF cycle is 3 months wait.
- Suggest you do your blood test once you decide to go for IVF. Otherwise, you can do it after the counselling session.
- The counselling takes place in the month before your IVF cycle. You have to take one morning off. If I'm not wrong, the counselling takes place only in the mornings.
- On the month you are scheduled to do your IVF, you will have to wait for your AF to come. Call KK once AF is here in full flow, not spotting. They will fix the scan for you on day 2 or day 3. They seem to count according to hours. Mine came at 9pm on a Wednesday and I counted it as day 1 and the next morning I called them and asked if I should go for a scan. They said it's still counted as day 1, and arranged for me to go in on day 3 instead. You should be prepared to take one morning off. The scans only take place in the mornings on weekdays.
- After the scan, you will start injecting yourself (if you are on the antagonist cycle like me). The next scan is fixed on the 7th day of injections, also in the morning (which is different from what they said during the counselling, which is that you have to return for scan every 2 - 3 days... I took morning leave for nothing :'( )
- If your eggs are mature enough, they may trigger you on day 9 and extract on day 10. If not, you have to increase the dosage and continue injecting until the follicles are mature. Latest date of extraction, on the average, appears to be day 14 - but I do see on the blogs that many people seem to exceed those time span too. My timing here is just based on the usual cases and what the nurses tell me. believe, if you need to inject yourself further, you would need to go back more frequently for scans to check the size of your follicles.
- Once you go through extraction, you will be given hospitalisation leave for 17 days including day of extraction.

In summary, you may have to take leave on these days:-

- 1 morning for counselling in the month before your cycle.
- 1 morning on the 2nd or 3rd day of your mensus.
- 1 morning on the 7th day of the injections (not 7th day of mensus ho)
- Any of the mornings on which you have to go back for further scans until extraction takes place.
- 17 days after extraction.

The difficulty is in determining when the 17 days start, and that is what my workplace is a little frustrated about... but nothing we can do about it. In the end, I just told them I will take annual leave from day 10 of the injections onwards (since that's the earliest possible date of extraction) till 17 days after the day 14 of injections (the latest possible date of extraction). Not sure if you get me. If your boss and work can accommodate, actually easier to just take time off between the day 10 of the injections till you are pronounced ready for extraction by doctor.

Hope this helps.

I kind of felt the same as u. But that was when I had to jab orgalutron + puregon. No constipation, just thirsty, fatigue & no appetite in the evening. Can't buckle my belt after lunch. Tummy bloated. But I had mild OHSS...

Thanks! I am not alone! Wished I could find a cycle buddy here :(

Tha
The reviews are every 2-3 days usually closer to the target date. I remember I had to go in almost every other day so they can check on follicle growth. That usually stops when your follicles reach target size. So they won't ask you to come in so early after you start jabbing. Your body needs time to react to the jabs.

They'll give you hospitalization leave of 17 days. Its not mc because most companies have more Hosp leaves than medical leaves anyways.

Yea thanks... I am just very stressed I think... haha...

Sad news!! Confirmed plus chop, I dun even have an embryo :( Appt fixed to see Dr on the review of my cycle.

Btw I need adv from sisters here, what shld I do & eat to recover from the cycle?? Any tonic or anything I shld take for this 2 weeks??

Many thanks in advance.

For myself, I did not tell my colleagues or bosses. I took morning leaves on days i need to do scan. Usually the scan take place on alternate days. So during the 2 weeks of injection n scanning, I was busy taking morning leave. On day of ER and ET I took MC. And was back at work next day after ET.

Hi there! Anybody can tell be how much is FET in KKH when no government co-fund? How much medisave of own we can use? Thank q in advance.
I just failed my this round fresh transfer. Full flow this morning. Next plan to draft for FET.

I take Coq10 and prenatal vitamins from iherb too! :) I also bought royal jelly bee pollen and took it every morning and conception tea all from iherb. Apart from that, I do weekly acupuncture and occasional full body massage for blood flow. Also took walnuts and brazil nuts for afternoon snack (also from iherb, haha). In addition too all these, I make sure I have vegetables and fruits (especially berries) in my diet. Also have avocado and salmon regularly.

Tomorrow is my BT so I will let you know how it goes. Hehe...

@koirc Good LUCK for ur BT

koirc, I must learn from you! this is a lot of hard work you've put in, hope your effort pays off and everything goes smoothly, rainbow baby coming soon :)

hi sisters. done blood test liao! :) I went in too early, haha- pushed forward from 21 sept. The value is only 16.4 today. Need to go in actual BT day to repeat. Must hit 250 to confirm positive.

Because it's too early is it? But I thought if double digit is positive? Anyway, hope it will continue doubling and go high high high! :)

hi sisters. done blood test liao! :) I went in too early, haha- pushed forward from 21 sept. The value is only 16.4 today. Need to go in actual BT day to repeat. Must hit 250 to confirm positive.

2 digits seems some chance! Keep affirming that it will shot up!! All the best sis!!

If u take it that it x2 everyday, by next mon will be more than 250. So don't worry.

Hello!!

Im about to embark on a frozen cycle soon. Can you share wif me the procedures if you know of?
Thanks dear!

I just did one.

Are you doing medicated or non-medicated?
Mine is non-medicated so I monitor my Ovulation. Dr will also do about 2 scans - 1 after your period to measure the dominant follicle. The 2nd scan may be the one to check the size again if you are ovulating.
If yours is a day 2 embryo like mine, the FET will take place 2 days after ovulation.
For me, Dr gave me progesterone injection on the morning of FET and then crinone. I continued crinone for about 3 weeks.

Still warded at KKH.
Bleeding didn't lessen despite the additional oral support.
Just passed out a big chunk of many blood clots together. Somewhat taken aback.
Sometimes, I do have 1-2 blood clots with my normal menstrual cycle but nvr see so many at one time...

Still warded at KKH.
Sometimes, I do have 1-2 blood clots with my normal menstrual cycle but nvr see so many at one time...

Sorry that you are going thru this. Did the Dr confirm the cause so that they can give you treatment accordingly? UTI? I've read that progesterone inserts can cause UTI. Which kind of progesterone are you on? Hope that you'll get better soon.

Still warded at KKH.

Oh no, take care! Did they say why you have many blood clots?

Scroll through the previous post to get a rough initial idea then the susters here can help answer more specific questions

hi ladies,

new to this group. can share more detials? cost for IVF (can use medisave) & what are the procedure.

TIA

Agree with @ron8129. You can google on kkh and nuh website for funding and medisave payment info.

You may wish to google some overseas website such as http://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytreatments/ss/ivf_treatment.htm to get a general idea of the procedures.

Hello sisters!

Just received call from hospital. It's a BFP!!! :D

They refused to disclose the hcg reading citing that they are not allowed to disclose to patients anymore. I am happy I have crossed one hurdle... Gotta wait another two weeks to cross the next one!

Baby dust to those waiting for BT and those embarking on the cycle!

Hello sisters!

They refused to disclose the hcg reading citing that they are not allowed to disclose to patients anymore. I am happy I have crossed one hurdle... Gotta wait another two weeks to cross the next one!

congratulations!!! :)

Koric, can I check how much is the overall cash outlay for your 4th cycle? I understand that for 4th cycle, we do not have any more co-funding. Can we still use medisave if our total previous cycles do not hit the max $15K ?
I think I have spent around $13-14K in total. I cannot remember. Let me go back and tabulate and give you the amount. I only remember the last payment was almost $10K.

Hello sisters!

Congrats! :)

Hello sisters!

Congrats!! Gonna grab some baby dust...

my gyne from TMC, comment that KKH cheaper

Oh it's because if you go to govt hospitals, you'll enjoy the subsidy. I think it's 6.3k (sorry earlier had thought it's 8k) for first timer. But if you go to private hospitals then you don't enjoy the subsidy but can still use 6k from medisave.

But overall, the different hospitals have different charges/protocols as well.

Last edited:

Hello sisters!

Congrats! Feel so happy for you!

Back