(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

has any mummies buy clothes from mothercare b4?? what are the pricing like?? I am running out of outfits to wear.. whatever i have b4 pregnancy are more or less not wearable and the shocking news is my maternity skirt is getting tight too :( so hubby advised i buy more dresses instead as dresses can accommodate the bump more

I got mine from this shop at habourfront. http://www.modern-maternity.com/

Website is not updated. The shop has a lot of designs.

I guess the daddies are starting to feel the excitement. My hubby said he wants our girl to wear Jordan (the basketball player) t-shirt... :eek:... I had to tell him our girl is can only go for pinkish stuff like hello kitty.... no basketball player, football player, batman, star wars etc...... Lol....

By the way, is the baby hyperstore at kaki bukit worth going compared to baby fair? I am kinna lazy, wanting to get most stuff from Mothercare but I heard their stuff is more expensive....

I am not too sure about what is available at Mothercare... but if you re there to see the stroller, you can really consider the baby hyperstore. They have one and a half level (?) full of strollers for you to choose and try from. Beside stroller, the rest of the items are kind of limited... Can go and look at the baby cot, a few of the design are really very nice... Other baby stuff quite limited...

Having same issues with the clothes. My bottoms can't fit anymore. Dress is a good option. Easier to wear and no need to think about coordinating with tops. I bought a few dresses from jump eat cry (online) / spring maternity / perfect mum (tanjong pagar)

I like the dresses from perfect mum, but designs are pretty limited though.

I'm still wearing some of my existing dresses that are empire cut.. can still squeeze in. Lol.

Any more recommendations for maternity clothes at low prices?

Hi Mummies,

I did my 24th weeks scan today and my Gynae said I'm gaining too much weight. I gained about 6kg so far. Gynae also said my baby size is abit big and advised me to do diabetic test on next visit due to my family historical background.

Anyone has came across the same problem? I told my Gynae that I feel hunger every 2 hours and he said is due to my gastric and gave me gastric meds to reduce the hunger. Am asked to cut down on carbo as well.

Kindly share your experience. Thanks! :)

Hi Mummies,

I did my 24th weeks scan today and my Gynae said I'm gaining too much weight. I gained about 6kg so far. Gynae also said my baby size is abit big and advised me to do diabetic test on next visit due to my family historical background.

Anyone has came across the same problem? I told my Gynae that I feel hunger every 2 hours and he said is due to my gastric and gave me gastric meds to reduce the hunger. Am asked to cut down on carbo as well.

I am gaining about the same weight as you and same as you, I feel hungry every 2 hrs. But my gynea didn't say anything. What is the weight or size of your bb?

Having same issues with the clothes. My bottoms can't fit anymore. Dress is a good option. Easier to wear and no need to think about coordinating with tops. I bought a few dresses from jump eat cry (online) / spring maternity / perfect mum (tanjong pagar)

I like the dresses from perfect mum, but designs are pretty limited though.

I'm still wearing some of my existing dresses that are empire cut.. can still squeeze in. Lol.

Any more recommendations for maternity clothes at low prices?
I got mine from H&M and new look. All under $20 and comfortable. They have loser clothing and even during third trimester still can wear.

To me no ot buying too expensive ones as u won't be wearing it post pregnancy unless planning another child ahha

Hi Mummies,

I am at 23 weeks and have gained 9 kg. Gynae never said I am over weight. Seems to me your 6kg gain at week 24 seems reasonable

I am at 23 weeks and have gained 9 kg. Gynae never said I am over weight. Seems to me your 6kg gain at week 24 seems reasonable

Hi Lynnie Mummy,

How heavy is your baby? Mine is about 800g at today's scan. My Gynae said slightly above 700g is the healthy range. Mine is much above.

think have to see her body weight in the first place before getting pregnant, height also play a part. I'm those average height of 158 so i think it wont be good for me to put on too much weight either.

think have to see her body weight in the first place before getting pregnant, height also play a part. I'm those average height of 158 so i think it wont be good for me to put on too much weight either.
Yah, it is ex but quite comfortable. Plus hard to me to go shopping too long and it's next to my office. So it is convenient for me.

next to your office ??? which brand ?? united square?

if you belong to those petite size lady then too much weight will stress your back . Maybe thats why your gynae thinks you put on too much ? <--------sorry . this is meant for Rach Tan

Hi Mummies,

My weight before pregnancy was about 65kg. As of yesterday my weight is 71kg so put on about 6kg so far. My Gynae's concern is I put on 4kg since last scan in July. So literally is put on 1kg per week. And becox my parents both are diabetic hence he is concern that I would get it too.

I was told to cut down on my carbo intake. Now I try not to take supper which I usually have a full meal like noodles. Now I eat biscuits with Horlicks or 1 slice of wholemeal bread with Horlicks.

May I check how many meals does Mummies here take per day? Is it advisable to take 3 full meals & 3 small meals/snacks in between the full meals?

Thanks!! :)

Hi Mummy,

I was about 65kg before pregnancy. Now I'm 71kg as of yesterday Gynae's visit.

Do you know how much is the healthy weight to put on for the full pregnancy?

Thanks! :)

Hi Mummy,

I was about 65kg before pregnancy. Now I'm 71kg as of yesterday Gynae's visit.

Do you know how much is the healthy weight to put on for the full pregnancy?

actually i also don know what's the healthy weight to put on. and i think this is to each individual's body. Some lost weight at the start of pregnancy due to lost of appetite (thats me..lost 4 kg cause went thru op too) so as of my last check up in Jul, i've only put back on the weight i lost. im in my week 22 now.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_pregnancy-weight-gain-what-to-expect_1466.bc

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain

hope these can help you. :D

Hi Mummy Faith,

So how do you handle your every 2 hrs hunger? Did you take full meal or snacks?

0.453kg per week. But also depend on your current weight.

Total weight gain for bmi more than 30 should be around 7kg to 12kg for the whole pregnancy

Hi Mummy Faith,

So how do you handle your every 2 hrs hunger? Did you take full meal or snacks?

I tried to take fruits first... but always feel hungry after that and will take biscuits or bread. But I understand how you feel, whenever I feel hungry, I can actually eat a lot of unhealthy food and snacks.... and sometimes it can't really keep my satisfied

I tried to take fruits first... but always feel hungry after that and will take biscuits or bread. But I understand how you feel, whenever I feel hungry, I can actually eat a lot of unhealthy food and snacks.... and sometimes it can't really keep my satisfied
Try to drink milk whichever type you prefer. It can increase your water in take and reduce 脚肿吧

okok pray hard for you!! Hopefully is a good news! I hate waiting game.. so totally can feel u.. actually I'm also quite nervous and worried coz tested 2 times (4 days apart) the line is still so faint.. >.<

By the way I have created a FB group for DEC 2015 mommy, let me know if want to join ok! Just search for December SG50 babies or post your email address yah! :)

Hi bennyqiqi, can you please add me in the FB group for DEC 2015. My email address is [email protected].

Is there any WA chatgroup that I can join too?

TIA

Hi Mummies,

Hi Rach, I'm at 22 weeks. Was 48kg before pregnancy, now 60kg. my gynae said everything is fine. Its natural to feel hungry frequently in the day. He suggested to consume only healthful food like fruits, vegetables and meat. Not fatty oily junk food. I always like to drink milk/milo at night, reduce hunger.

However, pregnancy weight gain also depends on BMI before pregnancy.

• If your BMI is less than 18.5: Gain 12-18kg
  • If your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9: Gain 11-15kg
  • If your BMI is 25 to 29.9: Gain 7-11kg
  • If your BMI is 30 or greater: Gain 5-9kg
When I was at KK (subsidized scheme) doctor asked me to go do diabete test, because my grandfather has diabetes. But when I changed to Dr Phua SM, he said the routine urine test good enough because it is able to check sugar level.

Last edited:
Hi Rach, I'm at 22 weeks. Was 48kg before pregnancy, now 60kg. my gynae said everything is fine. Its natural to feel hungry frequently in the day. He suggested to consume only healthful food like fruits, vegetables and meat. Not fatty oily junk food. I always like to drink milk/milo at night, reduce hunger.

However, pregnancy weight gain also depends on BMI before pregnancy.

• If your BMI is less than 18.5: Gain 12-18kg
  • If your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9: Gain 11-15kg
  • If your BMI is 25 to 29.9: Gain 7-11kg
  • If your BMI is 30 or greater: Gain 5-9kg
When I was at KK (subsidized scheme) doctor asked me to go do diabete test, because my grandfather has diabetes. But when I changed to Dr Phua SM, he said the routine urine test good enough because it is able to check sugar level.

Dr phua is from kk too?

Hi all, did any of your detailed scan showed that the baby is quite big for its gestational age? My scan estimated the baby to be around 450 gram and doctor said that's big for week 21, and should the baby continue to grow at the pace I should keep an open mind to the c-sect option. Also all the measurements are above the 50th percentile, with some close to 95th percentile. :eek:

Hi Mummies,

I'm at week 21 and same thing, gynae said baby weighs above average and suggested I do a diabetic test nearer to week 30, even though I have no family history. She told me to stop snacking as well :/

Hi all, did any of your detailed scan showed that the baby is quite big for its gestational age? My scan estimated the baby to be around 450 gram and doctor said that's big for week 21, and should the baby continue to grow at the pace I should keep an open mind to the c-sect option. Also all the measurements are above the 50th percentile, with some close to 95th percentile. :eek:
My baby is also around 400grams when I did my scan at week 21 but she never say baby is big. She said is within normal range.

Mine was done at wk20 detailed scan and baby was abt 380g, gynae also told me not to eat so much McDonald's, ice cream n durians. Lol. He said if not by then very hard to give birth if baby too big. but I still eat as per normal, only no more durians.

@Lynnie0803 apart from weight, all the measurements were also way high in the range, that's why my gynae was quite concerned.
@Bernice Goh lol it's tough isn't it. Especially when I have meals with family or friends they will wave off my attempt to eat moderately and insist I "eat more! eat more! you need to get plenty of nutrients for the baby!".

@Lynnie0803 apart from weight, all the measurements were also way high in the range, that's why my gynae was quite concerned.
@Bernice Goh lol it's tough isn't it. Especially when I have meals with family or friends they will wave off my attempt to eat moderately and insist I "eat more! eat more! you need to get plenty of nutrients for the baby!".
Tell them baby too small. No need so much food de. That what I always told my wife too.

I'm at 22 wks now, baby estimated 468g. Gynae said gd weight leh, nv say big. Only issue was her spine tip is near e skin surface so he said it mite pose probs nx time but may also b no issue. Din hap to my boy so juz hope she will grow up fine. If always kena back or leg pain, cham for her when she becomes a mother herself...

Mine was done at wk20 detailed scan and baby was abt 380g, gynae also told me not to eat so much McDonald's, ice cream n durians. Lol. He said if not by then very hard to give birth if baby too big. but I still eat as per normal, only no more durians.

do not eat durians!!! they are known to be very 'bu' and will cause baby to grow very big. i am a fanatic durian lover but because of my baby i 'ren' ..telling myself i can always eat as much as i wan after my girl is out . and also durian is very high in sugar

i had my detailed scan at week 20...the lady who did the scan never say what is the weight of my baby.. but everything else is normal . need to wait till this sat for my monthly visit with my gynae then will know the weight.

Just had my monthly check on Tuesday... 24 weeks, baby 600g... Doc says all good... still gotta make sure he is active... having activity at least once... his kick is getting stronger and stronger!!!! even daddy also say so...

wanted to ask the nurse about the antenatal classes when she gave us the financial counselling... (kinda scary to have the nurse telling you what to pack for the hospital bag, how to identify when to report to hospital etc for fear of baby early welcome... ) but totally forgotten about it (asked once, but nurse say will tell us before session ends)... nurse keep emphasizing that SGH is very into breast feeding... end up nothing on the class, but a video on breastfeeding... haha...

anyway... happy valentines' day to all! (it's the chinese valentine's today!) ^^

Back