(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Hi MTB,

As I enter the 2nd Trimester, can I ask if there is any food / fruits that we should take or avoid? I had craving for rock melon today and there were mixed reports that rockmelon should not be eaten. Nowadays, I check what I can eat / not online before buying them. Getting a bit paranoid.

*hugs*

Will feel more emo during pregnancy, that's normal. Bringing up a kid in sg is expensive though. If financially ok then quit, don't make rash decisions.

Thanks dear. I think hubby can manage but at the same time i dunno what kind of expenses when baby comes along. Cannot imagine. :s

Hi all, expecting my number 2 in Dec 15. Edd moved from 20 to 23 Dec. Wif Dr Poon King Fu, who also delivered my boy in Feb 13. Will b delivering at Mount A again, coz we like e environment there :)

Thanks dear. I think hubby can manage but at the same time i dunno what kind of expenses when baby comes along. Cannot imagine. :s

There's "cheap" way of bringing up kids and "expensive" way lar. I became freelance WAHM soon after my #1 was born, income is like quarter of my income last time... I save on the childcare fees and eating out. Clothes go for hand-me-downs and I only buy things when necessary, can manage. My friend keeps complaining that she wants to quit her job and be SAHM but can't afford cos she's a compulsive shopper, every day go restaurant and every year must go overseas few times... Of course cannot afford lor. Lol!

Just got my Harmony results today. Heard that for gender accuracy is 98%. Today I was told by nurse low risk and i'm expecting baby girl. I was guessing if it's baby boy since i didnt have any morning sickness. Haha.

Congratulations!!! My ms still lingering around... :(

Nope. I am with Prof Han How Chuan of KKH. I am an avid supporter of public healthcare :)
Hi momo mum . I'm with prof han also . How U find him ? To me he is nice , but very busy . He will not talk much but very direct to the point .
What vit he prescript to U ?

So far for T1 he gave B6 and folic. For T2 onwards he gave Obimin and Calcium. Dont know when must start DHA.

He is ok lah. Docs usually dont say much if there is nothing wrong with our pregnancy. But i will chit chat with him on other stuff. He is quite funny.

Anyone of you here monitor your weight? I noticed I have not increased much weight..now I'm in week 14.. is it normal?

Hi mummies,

Can anyone advise on the total bill for natural delivery at kkh with dr John tee? Am seeing my gynae now at mount e novena but thinking to change to a gynae at kkh as it will be cheaper during delivery. Seen from moh website that kkh a1 wards are 5k+ as compared to mount e novena 8k plus.

and also if anyone knows that I can stick to my gynae but deliver at Kkh? Will she come to kkh for delivery? My gynae now is Wendy teo from mount e novena.

I'm a first time mummy so am not sure abt these.. >.< thanks in advance!

Hi mummies,

Can anyone advise on the total bill for natural delivery at kkh with dr John tee? Am seeing my gynae now at mount e novena but thinking to change to a gynae at kkh as it will be cheaper during delivery. Seen from moh website that kkh a1 wards are 5k+ as compared to mount e novena 8k plus.

and also if anyone knows that I can stick to my gynae but deliver at Kkh? Will she come to kkh for delivery? My gynae now is Wendy teo from mount e novena.

I am not sure if that's possible but I am also considering the same.
Btw how's Wendy Teo? I am changing to her next month as my gynae will be on leave during edd.

Hi mummies,

Most gynae are ok with delivery at KKH or Mount A, just check with them.

Anyone of you here monitor your weight? I noticed I have not increased much weight..now I'm in week 14.. is it normal?

Hi, as long as your bb is growing. That is okie. I am also week 14 now and only gain 0.3 kg. But last scan shows bb is growing. Dr said is it fine as long as bb is growing. Dun worry.

Hi, preggie too. EDD 12th dec. Im doing sales walk a lot. Feel like runnning out of stamina and alwiz hungry n cant eat a lot. Im taking obimin but whenever i take i tend to vomit it out. Is there other stuff that u guys take to boost ur stamina?

@Bernice Goh she delivers at Mt A too, you might want to call the clinic and ask about KKH.

@Lynnie0803 only seen her twice but so far so good, very patient and assuring. Both times I didn't have to wait to see her - arrived right on time and ushered straight in after registration. We love that.

@Lynnie0803 ya she's very patient. Am quite comfortable with her. Would not like to change gynae but as the savings if delivered at kkh will be 3k cheaper which seems quite a lot. I think gotta check with kkh more on their delivery packages first cause I've seen in other thread that if we want to choose gynae at kkh will be considered private patient over there and the cost is abt the same as at private hospital. Quite confused abt their delivery package. >.<

@Lynnie0803 ya she's very patient. Am quite comfortable with her. Would not like to change gynae but as the savings if delivered at kkh will be 3k cheaper which seems quite a lot. I think gotta check with kkh more on their delivery packages first cause I've seen in other thread that if we want to choose gynae at kkh will be considered private patient over there and the cost is abt the same as at private hospital. Quite confused abt their delivery package. >.<
Hi Bernice, yes my current gynae also told me that if going for private gynae at KKH , the price is more of less the same as private elsewhere. I think Moh published rates are not private gynae rates.

I did mine last Tuesday. And results are out this morning. My Gynae called me as early as 7.45am just to inform me I'm low risk! Agonising wait though cos Oscar results weren't good..

Harmony test should be more accurate right? You can relax now that the result indicates the risk is low.

Hi all, any one done any test for trisomy 13/18 as well? I just got my results (done in France) and my risk factor is relatively high compared to Europeans. Doctor says it might have to be adjusted relative to me being Asian and told me she wouldn't be worried. But I'm still :/. So would like to check with other Singaporean ladies if your doctor has given any advice on the risk factor that you can share. Thanks in advance!

I am 13weeks+ and not sure if it's my tummy (cos' im big) or baby bump showing. Anyone already seeing baby bump? ;)

My bump showed up last week around week9-10. Maybe because this is my #2 pregnancy & thus more obvious?
Ironically, I haven't been eating well due to MS and should I feel relieved that bump is growing..?

Back