Baby with thick neck fluid 3mm

Nmama

Hi All,

I am currently 14 weeks preggy now and just did down syndrome test last week.
They found that my baby have thick neck fluid 3mm and my bloodtest results is not that great either.

Im going for amnio test soon and feel very worried/depressed..

Anyone have similar experience before?

Dun be depressed yet. My LO also diagnosed with thick neck fluid. I went for harmony test and the result turned out to be ok. Oscars is only 95% accurate. Go ahead for another test. Good luck!

Hi Blumiz,

im going straight for Amnio as its more accurate.. but the results will be 3 weeks time, somewhere in April.. wish me luck..

thanks for ur reply..

Hi nnama,

I am in week 14 too and collected Oscar results yesterday. My NT scan results were good but blood results were terrible. Hence I now have an increased risk. Please let me know how your amnio goes, I might need to do that if harmony results are not favorable in 2 weeks time!

Keeping you in my prayers for now!

Hi nnama,

I am in week 14 too and collected Oscar results yesterday. My NT scan results were good but blood results were terrible. Hence I now have an increased risk. Please let me know how your amnio goes, I might need to do that if harmony results are not favorable in 2 weeks time!

Keeping you in my prayers for now!

Hi charmsss,

My amnio is on e 12 march will update u when e results out. Im also gg to chk baby's heart nxt week hope it will be good.. Update me on ur harmony test ok.. Lets pray for each other and be strong :)

Hi, I'm 14 week preg. I got terrible Oscar results too. But received my harmony results after 7 days and everything went well! Have faith in your child!

Hi mummies,

All of u seems to go for harmony test, im wondering should i cos amnio have a 1% risk for miscarriage.. May i know which hospital are u all seeing doc at? Maybe wanna change gynae

Hi, I'm 14 week preg. I got terrible Oscar results too. But received my harmony results after 7 days and everything went well! Have faith in your child!

Good to hear! I hope I have good news to share after 2 weeks too. What was your risk ratio then?

Hi mummies,

All of u seems to go for harmony test, im wondering should i cos amnio have a 1% risk for miscarriage.. May i know which hospital are u all seeing doc at? Maybe wanna change gynae

I'm at gleneagles, with Dr Peter Chew. What's yours?

Good to hear! I hope I have good news to share after 2 weeks too. What was your risk ratio then?

I personally feel Oscar was created to suck money and tears from anxious parents. Had I known Oscar tests produced so many false results, I would have skipped and did Harmony straight. The risk for DS for mums under the age of 30 is actually 1 in 800.

I am 27 and 15 weeks now. The day i received my Oscar results was the day I realized how much being pregnant is real and how much i longed for a child. My T21 was 1:71. I cried myself to sleep for weeks. Doc at TMC suggested amnio, she was all "chop chop" talk, not putting my feelings into consideration. But mum took me to Dr Charles Tan at Mount E seeking for second opinion. Dr Charles mentioned to go for Harmony straight, do not put baby at risk with amnio. Might get quicker results with Amnio, but Harmony needs 2 weeks at least. I've read and heard of miscarriages due to amnio, was too afraid to take the risk. Dr Charles charged me 1k and also threw in some discount as he was also my mum's gynae. The wait was horrible esp during CNY when everyone was in festive mood. But I kept convincing myself not to make a wrong decision simply because I can't wait to know the results. Went to pray, and finally on day 7 received call from clinic that everything was well and I'm expecting a boy.

My advice is to have faith in your child. Trust your instincts! Be positive!

I personally feel Oscar was created to suck money and tears from anxious parents. Had I known Oscar tests produced so many false results, I would have skipped and did Harmony straight. The risk for DS for mums under the age of 30 is actually 1 in 800.

I am 27 and 15 weeks now. The day i received my Oscar results was the day I realized how much being pregnant is real and how much i longed for a child. My T21 was 1:71. I cried myself to sleep for weeks. Doc at TMC suggested amnio, she was all "chop chop" talk, not putting my feelings into consideration. But mum took me to Dr Charles Tan at Mount E seeking for second opinion. Dr Charles mentioned to go for Harmony straight, do not put baby at risk with amnio. Might get quicker results with Amnio, but Harmony needs 2 weeks at least. I've read and heard of miscarriages due to amnio, was too afraid to take the risk. Dr Charles charged me 1k and also threw in some discount as he was also my mum's gynae. The wait was horrible esp during CNY when everyone was in festive mood. But I kept convincing myself not to make a wrong decision simply because I can't wait to know the results. Went to pray, and finally on day 7 received call from clinic that everything was well and I'm expecting a boy.

My advice is to have faith in your child. Trust your instincts! Be positive!
Thanks for sharing ur experience.. I also cried alot..
Ok today im gg to call for 2nd option and consider e harmony test..

Great!! I hope we both get good news and all will be well!!

I am only 31 and am surprised to have a risk ratio of 1:50! And it's just weird that my NT scan came back normal but my blood test was all over the place. My gynae has no explanation at all. Our best bet is the lab made a mistake when doing our test. I am hoping Harmony test will give me some good news.

Before my gynae told me abt oscars & harmony test, i came across so many false negative results frlm oscar test.

So at my 12weeks, my gynae discussed wif me abt the various test to take, & without hesitation i told him i will go Ahead wif the harmony test.

It was in late jan then. I do not want to receive a unfavorable oscar results & then have to take the harmony test to confirm, & end up spoiling my cny mood.

hi mummies..

me and hubby have decided that we stick with amnio.. will be gg next week..

wish me luck! will update again..

im going straight for Amnio test too.. No other options for me as NT fluid was also thick. Waiting for another 2 weeks to be schedule on one. Sad to the max...

im going straight for Amnio test too.. No other options for me as NT fluid was also thick. Waiting for another 2 weeks to be schedule on one. Sad to the max...

Hi milopeng85,

What is ur baby NT measurement? And ur ratio? U seeing which doc?

Mine is NT 3mm and ratio 1:98.. Im turning 30 this year.. Im seeing doc steven in kkh and the genetic counselor call me up to fix appt for amnio next thurs..

I didnt wan the harmony test as i scared if it is positive then i still have to go for amnio so tats y choose the amnio straight away..

Lets update each other!

I didn't do any oscar. dr by seeing the screen suggested stright to cvs/amnio. he says the thickness is about 4.4mm. =( before that tmc did a detailed scanning for me, it says 5.5mm.(WTF). anyway, i am layed with no choice, just go lor... sad super sad...

Not to worry mummy!!
Oscar test is really to frighten 1st time mummy like us....
I miscarriage my 1st 2 pregnancy and when i found out i was pregnant again.. I was so damn scare and imagine my oscar result was 1:3... Doubt anyone as such a lousy result as me lo... My life literally collapse, i was like a zombie... my hubby encouraged me and we decided to take cvs instead of amino as he knows i cant wait for another 4 weeks to do the amino test.. He was so sure he saw the nose bridge of our baby.

On the day we are to go back to check on the cvs result, i told my hubby we have to abort if the baby really come back having ds... Imagine our happiness, when the cvs result return good and my baby has no ds and its normal and having a baby girl.

Therefore dont be down and sad till its confirmed.. Oscar test is really to frighten and suck some of our $$...

Not to worry mummy!!
I miscarriage my 1st 2 pregnancy and when i found out i was pregnant again.. I was so damn scare and imagine my oscar result was 1:3... Doubt anyone as such a lousy result as me lo... My life literally collapse, i was like a zombie... my hubby encouraged me and we decided to take cvs instead of amino as he knows i cant wait for another 4 weeks to do the amino test.. He was so sure he saw the nose bridge of our baby.

On the day we are to go back to check on the cvs result, i told my hubby we have to abort if the baby really come back having ds... Imagine our happiness, when the cvs result return good and my baby has no ds and its normal and having a baby girl.

Therefore dont be down and sad till its confirmed.. Oscar test is really to frighten and suck some of our $$...
I hope like you, we get very good results! Thank you for the hope!

Can anyone share with me their Oscar report? In the combined screen did they key in the measurement of nasal bone? Mine was indicated as unknown. Not sure if that's why my risk is indicated as high.

Not to worry mummy!!

Thank you for positive vibes and support! realli need it :)
Hope we get good results like you..

Can anyone share with me their Oscar report? In the combined screen did they key in the measurement of nasal bone? Mine was indicated as unknown. Not sure if that's why my risk is indicated as high.

They never told me about the nasal bone measurement.

I had bad NT scan result yesterday too.neck fluid 3mm so is 1:13.supose to go harmony test (i m 41 tis yr)after NT scan but due to bad results go straight to CVS.wow was tramatised cos wasnt mentally prepared n i did it an hr later after doc reviewed by results.poke my abdomen twice wif long thin needle.

I had bad NT scan result yesterday too.neck fluid 3mm so is 1:13.supose to go harmony test (i m 41 tis yr)after NT scan but due to bad results go straight to CVS.wow was tramatised cos wasnt mentally prepared n i did it an hr later after doc reviewed by results.poke my abdomen twice wif long thin needle.

hi vivileow,

They did the CVS for u on the same day? that was fast.. when will the results be out?

stay strong!

Am I the only one who's feeling really Kancheong about this issue??? 7 days passed since the harmony test was conducted. Felt like I need to know the results now! But afraid I can't handle the truth.. Gosh..

Hi nmama ya i did it same day.after the sonographer pas de report to doc for review..doc said i nid do CVS n therefore i skip harmony n go for CVS i did it roughly an hr later.i paid xtra $360 for the fast test so tat i cud kno the trisomy 21( wic is the dwn test) n posibly i get it on monday. I paid total $3388! Did it at raffles. CVS $2.9k + nt scan $239 + gynae consultant fee n blood n urine screen $480.

Hi nmama ya i did it same day.after the sonographer pas de report to doc for review..doc said i nid do CVS n therefore i skip harmony n go for CVS i did it roughly an hr later.i paid xtra $360 for the fast test so tat i cud kno the trisomy 21( wic is the dwn test) n posibly i get it on monday. I paid total $3388! Did it at raffles. CVS $2.9k + nt scan $239 + gynae consultant fee n blood n urine screen $480.

Oic.. Im gg for my amnio next week will be doing it in KKH. Total cost is abt $900 but half can claim medisave..

i wish u have good results ya please update us here.. stay positive and be strong!

Am I the only one who's feeling really Kancheong about this issue??? 7 days passed since the harmony test was conducted. Felt like I need to know the results now! But afraid I can't handle the truth.. Gosh..

Hi Charmsss,

Dont worry so much okie.. U have be happy and try to laugh often.. Ur baby need u dear..

Ladies! I got my harmony results back! It's low risk and I am expecting baby girl!!! Praise the lord!

And thanks for all of your prayers!

hi Charmsss,

im sooo happy for you! congrats on ur SG50 babygirl! yippee!!

hope i will have good news like u

Hi all i am 11 weeks preggy with my 2nd one & never go for oscars for both cos no matter what's the results i will give birth to them. :)
Never hear of harmony test b4. Can share with me more wat is harmony test & kkh have?

http://www.ariosadx.com/expecting-parents/faqs/

I believe most hospitals provide such tests, even if they do not, tey will refer you to another doc / clinic.

I think currently no labs in sgp does the 'analysis', so tey hv to send the blood sample to usa lab, so roughly take at least 10days to 2 weeks.

Cost about $1k -$1.5k .

Some mtb do the test to hv a 'piece if mind', so tey will enjoy the rest of the pregnancy if test result is found to be good..

If there is anything negative / unfavourable abt the test result, it allow them to 'faster' decide on next course of action.

Hi all i am 11 weeks preggy with my 2nd one & never go for oscars for both cos no matter what's the results i will give birth to them. :)
Never hear of harmony test b4. Can share with me more wat is harmony test & kkh have?

Hi m1s5y,

Yes KKH do have harmony test and the cost is $1700.. Ur blood sample will be send to US, results will be in 2 weeks.

It can detect T21, T18 & T13..

Hey Nmama, just wondering why didn't you opt for harmony instead? Issit because of the NT thickness thats why doctor didn't recommand? Mine also, nv talk abt harmony.. Was wondering why I wasn't offered.

Charmsss, congraz.... Glad to hear that from you...

I'm going to take OSCAR tmr ...wish me good luck.....hope BB all ok

I'm totally against Oscar now! Made me worried for close to 2 weeks... And finally I got my harmony results, and I'm sick!!!

If you don't mind paying more than will suggest you go for harmony straight. I paid $1284 including GST.

Hey Nmama, just wondering why didn't you opt for harmony instead? Issit because of the NT thickness thats why doctor didn't recommand? Mine also, nv talk abt harmony.. Was wondering why I wasn't offered.

Charmsss, congraz.... Glad to hear that from you...

hi miloPeng85,

my Doc actually recommended me to take the harmony test but after much consideration i still opt for amnio as it is cheaper (harmony $1700).. and also it is very accurate and can detect more chromosome abnormality than the harmony test..

my Doc say if the harmony test results come back positive i still have to go for amnio.. so i tink just do amnio lah more accurate and cheaper.. i already waste $500 on that stupid Oscar test! Lol

Ya Nmama... Thanks for the explaination, I just can't get this clear out of my mind. I will copy paste your explaination to my hub. He also very puzzle why we need to go thru this. You got 2 more days to destination.. I still got 7 days.. sian..

Ya Nmama... Thanks for the explaination, I just can't get this clear out of my mind. I will copy paste your explaination to my hub. He also very puzzle why we need to go thru this. You got 2 more days to destination.. I still got 7 days.. sian..

Lets take this waiting time as a period to be calm and pray for baby..

i hope i can go through the 2 weeks of waiting for e results! i will keep myself bz lah...

actually i feel better after joining this forum :)

Back