(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@jemyhee

Same here. I was able to eat more the past few days then suddenly today the nausea etc is back again with a vengeance. Hope I can start eating normally soon

Zzzzz. . Morning sickness becomes dinner sickness... vomit out food after dinner and it has been two days... only fruits like oranges, strawberries, peach and grapes makes me feel better.. zzzz.... bored!!

Zzzzz. . Morning sickness becomes dinner sickness... vomit out food after dinner and it has been two days... only fruits like oranges, strawberries, peach and grapes makes me feel better.. zzzz.... bored!!
Same here too! Fruits somehow makes me feel better.. and always puking out dinner. its been 7 weeks of constant puking.. can't wait till I get my appetite back. Hope we start to feel better soon..

~Medela Breast Pumps, Baby-booster seat & Pre-loved & New Maternity Wear Clearance Sale~

Hi mommies & mommies-to-be,
Sorry to intrude!
Congratulations on your pregnancy & upcoming bundle of joy! We are not planning for more kids & I am selling my Medela pumps & clearing wardrobe space:

1) Medela breast pumps (PISA and mini-electric plus) – all local sets
Please PM me for photos.
Pump in style advance (PISA): A complete set of items for PISA. Also comes with a cooler bag & blue ice pack.
This is about 2 years old, in excellent condition and went through regular servicing just a year ago. The adaptor is also a brand new one from the official Mums & Babes Medela service center. Includes an AA battery operated travel adaptor. The new model shields are unused.
Freebies: 2 extra (older model) shields, one extra set of new valves with membranes, an extra (brand new) light weight Medela adaptor & a valve brush.
Others: 2 new pieces of membranes, 4 sets of used 180ml Medela bottles & lids.
For hygiene reasons, I would recommend that you get new Medela bottles, teats, and change the tubing for the motor (these can be purchased in places like Robinsons/Mums & Babes, Metro).
Selling for $220

Mini-electric plus
Includes the motor, tubing, power adaptor.
Selling for $80

2) On-the-go baby booster seat
Self inflating full size booster seat & very suitable for places where you can’t find a high chair, especially when overseas. It is compact & light weight & comes with an adjustable safety belt with T-restraint. Suitable from 9-36 months.
See sample photo at:
http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/learning-curve-the-first-years-the-go-booster-seat/
·Self inflating full size booster seat.
·Ideal for traveling and for parents on the go.
·Adjustable safety belt with T-restraint.
·Compact, lightweight and easy to use.
·Carry handle for versatility.
·Suitable from 9-36m.
Selling for $20

3) Pre-loved (& some brand new) very chic maternity clothes at clearance prices
• All items are between S$5-20 each
• Almost all are in excellent condition (9/10 or 10/10), with some totally unworn. Most have been worn a max of 3-4 times each.
• Items are in free sizes, & suitable for an S-L preggy frame (50+kg to 70kg). Most dresses come with adjustable shoulder straps & tiebacks to suit most heights & waistlines (30+inches to 40+ inches).
For the link on DRESSES, see:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150633712283987.413736.650743986&type=3&l=12520d97f4
For the link on TOPS, see: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150636012903987.414104.650743986&type=3&l=70134a223c
(Please click on individual dresses/tops to see latest availability)

Please send me a private message via SMHF or Facebook if you need additional information or to purchase the items.
Small items would be delivered via regular postal mail, but please arrange for self collect for the Medela pumps or booster seat.
Thanks mommies, and congrats once again! :)
Is the medela mini electric plus still available and ex-stock available.
Where the collection point

Hi mummies, just came back from my gynae appointment n I realize he has yet to put me on prenatal vitamins. He says it's not necessary (except for folic acid) till the second trimester when the placenta forms (around 13-14 weeks). Any mums also wasn't on vitamins till much later? And which brand were u all given?

Hi mummies, just came back from my gynae appointment n I realize he has yet to put me on prenatal vitamins. He says it's not necessary (except for folic acid) till the second trimester when the placenta forms (around 13-14 weeks). Any mums also wasn't on vitamins till much later? And which brand were u all given?
I also not on any vits. juz folic acid n duphaston (but once finish can stop). tink he will only give vits in 2nd trim.
so will be the next visit to him..

Me too.. only on folic acid.. im 13weeks now.. shall see if he will give me during the next visit too..

hi mommies
do you experience any insomnia at night? I have difficulties falling to sleep at night. the frequent trips to bathroom making it worst.

and when should we engage confinement lady? it is my 14.5w today.

lastly, any SAHM? I myself is a SAHM...

hi mommies
do you experience any insomnia at night? I have difficulties falling to sleep at night. the frequent trips to bathroom making it worst.

I tink u have to start to find now le. heard alot confinement ladies are being book le...

hi mommies

Hi babybear33, I do have difficulty sleeping. Both falling asleep and staying asleep.. mainly due to bad nausea / heartburn and frequently wake up to go to the toilet. I'm at week 12 and in the midst of engaging CL. I would suggest to find one soon as many CL are booked months in advanced. Alternatively if u really can't manage to book a good recommended one maybe can try agency? I heard it is pretty hassle free.

Hi all Mums to be!
Just became a member. am really excited as it is my 1st pregnancy, EDD keep getting earlier after each scan. Was on 28th Oct but now change to 24th Oct. At 11 weeks now. Baby is now 5cm

i was on multi vitamins only, initially on DHA but doc told me to start only on 2nd trimester. but some pple start eating already so what is what, who is right? for Folate, my gynae told since i am taking multi vitamins which has folate, no need folate pills. although i am approaching 12 weeks, i just started taking folate pills as well as i heard there is no over dosage for folate. just to be more kiasu...

i just completed my oscar scan. results only to come after a week later. baby must lie on its back then can do the measurements. haha... at first scan, baby was sleeping facing us so the sonographer cannot get the measurements and have to ask me to go walk about n come back 20 mins later. when we are back, this time baby turned and she can do all the measurements. but i find it really expensive leh.. $300 over dollars. but the scan took only 10 mins. the lab oso drew 4 tubes of blood from me. faints. i very long time nv give so much blood away...

i noticed this year of horse is really a baby boom year as i heard many people around me that got pregnant =).
i have also heard a few stories from my friends/colleagues' whoever that has a miscarriage and i think sometimes this kind of thing also depends on luck and health. bcos sometimes u bleed, or u feel pain, nothing's wrong while other stories i heard say baby no more... so it is really very worrying.
just last week i had abit of spotting. my colleague told me her sister got spotting and ended up having a miscarriage. after i heard this i rush to visit a gynae to check. baby's fine.
then yesterday at 6am, i woke up to pee, and i see a 'puddle' of clear watery discharge on my panties, i freaked out. called my husband up and went to gynae. did the ultrasound. baby's fine.

all these 'happenings' really freak me out and i keep paying money to go to gynae to check.. SIGH. so far, every visit to gynae is about $150-$200. plus the Oscar+FA scan package with TMC and blood test, this 2 month expenditures already hit 1k odd. Government give that 6K very fast will cover all of these..

stoneystoney/natalietotally
yes! my friend just asked me abt it and also asked me to book IMMEDIATELY. freaks me out... I am still nua-ing thinking its early. haha... i'll do it by this week.
ya, I think if I can't get the recommended ones, I will go for the agencies ones. hope they are good.

I just don't like lying in bed can't sleep. i'm worried that i'll disturbed my hubby but I get so frustrated everytime. now I try not to nap in the afternoon but still useless at night. and heartburn also another culprit! I hate it!

happymom2510, every scan is so assuring and excited right? I share the same thought as you, but don't worry so much, our bb will be fine.

I'm also keen to join the FB group... how to do that? My FB knowledge is very limited haha!

Today I signed up (by phone) for maternity tour on 8 May at 4pm at the new Mount E Novena Hospital.
My gynae said it's a very new nice hospital (because I told gynae I am interested to check out the new hospital and asked if he can go there to perform C-sect which he said yes can be arranged) however I need to consider that their nurses are new and maybe not so well trained yet. But I also think because it's a new facility the nurses may provide good service. The hospital only has single bedder wards and I asked the price, they didn't tell me much over the phone saying when I come for the tour I will get all information - the package for 3 nights stay for elective c-sect with epidural is $5,348 inclusive operation theatre fee and GST and some other things. For natural delivery the package starts from $3,673 inclusive GST for 1 night stay. My #1 was born in TMC and #1 was hospitalized for a week last year due to HFMD, TMC is ok but I find their rooms very dark (not enough sunlight) and the whole place is very noisy like market until 9pm everyday. Too many maternity rooms I think resulting in lots of visitors who like to group together in the corridor and talk very loudly. I can recall a doctor stepped out of one of the rooms and told a group to lower their volume. My friends who recently stayed also feedback when you request for your baby to come from the nursery it takes a long time and the nurses reply they are very busy because there are so many babies, yet they don't allow you to pick up the baby yourself from the nursery. These are the only cons I believe and the horrible parking, otherwise it is a good hospital also.

Anyone keen to join me on 8 May to the tour? They only do tours on Tues and Thurs at 4pm.

stoneystoney/natalietotally
yes! my friend just asked me abt it and also asked me to book IMMEDIATELY. freaks me out... I am still nua-ing thinking its early. haha... i'll do it by this week.
ya, I think if I can't get the recommended ones, I will go for the agencies ones. hope they are good.

I just don't like lying in bed can't sleep. i'm worried that i'll disturbed my hubby but I get so frustrated everytime. now I try not to nap in the afternoon but still useless at night. and heartburn also another culprit! I hate it!

happymom2510, every scan is so assuring and excited right? I share the same thought as you, but don't worry so much, our bb will be fine.

babybear33, yes I would recommend you book your CL early also... this is Horse year. I booked mine already but haven't paid deposit (same aunty who did for my #1), then she called me and said if I'm keen to place a deposit with her already as she has another enquiry now. From my #1 experience, I booked at my 5th month and couldn't get any of the recommended good ones, but luckily I found this aunty who turned out to be very nice.

Hi all Mums to be!
Just became a member. am really excited as it is my 1st pregnancy, EDD keep getting earlier after each scan. Was on 28th Oct but now change to 24th Oct. At 11 weeks now. Baby is now 5cm

i was on multi vitamins only, initially on DHA but doc told me to start only on 2nd trimester. but some pple start eating already so what is what, who is right? for Folate, my gynae told since i am taking multi vitamins which has folate, no need folate pills. although i am approaching 12 weeks, i just started taking folate pills as well as i heard there is no over dosage for folate. just to be more kiasu...

i just completed my oscar scan. results only to come after a week later. baby must lie on its back then can do the measurements. haha... at first scan, baby was sleeping facing us so the sonographer cannot get the measurements and have to ask me to go walk about n come back 20 mins later. when we are back, this time baby turned and she can do all the measurements. but i find it really expensive leh.. $300 over dollars. but the scan took only 10 mins. the lab oso drew 4 tubes of blood from me. faints. i very long time nv give so much blood away...

i noticed this year of horse is really a baby boom year as i heard many people around me that got pregnant =).
i have also heard a few stories from my friends/colleagues' whoever that has a miscarriage and i think sometimes this kind of thing also depends on luck and health. bcos sometimes u bleed, or u feel pain, nothing's wrong while other stories i heard say baby no more... so it is really very worrying.
just last week i had abit of spotting. my colleague told me her sister got spotting and ended up having a miscarriage. after i heard this i rush to visit a gynae to check. baby's fine.
then yesterday at 6am, i woke up to pee, and i see a 'puddle' of clear watery discharge on my panties, i freaked out. called my husband up and went to gynae. did the ultrasound. baby's fine.

all these 'happenings' really freak me out and i keep paying money to go to gynae to check.. SIGH. so far, every visit to gynae is about $150-$200. plus the Oscar+FA scan package with TMC and blood test, this 2 month expenditures already hit 1k odd. Government give that 6K very fast will cover all of these..

Hey! I am a TMC mummy to be too! Am at 12 week this week! Just went for the OSCAR scan on wed and the result is out earlier. Positive results and do not need to do further more tests! Am thanksful!

Enjoy your pregnancy! :)

Hi mommies! I'm expecting my 1st baby and on my 13 weeks now.. Edd should be around 18th Oct :)
Nice to meet you all :))

babybear33, yes I would recommend you book your CL early also... this is Horse year. I booked mine already but haven't paid deposit (same aunty who did for my #1), then she called me and said if I'm keen to place a deposit with her already as she has another enquiry now. From my #1 experience, I booked at my 5th month and couldn't get any of the recommended good ones, but luckily I found this aunty who turned out to be very nice.

that's very nice of your confinement lady!
I tried to call 1 CL last Friday but she is out of town, say will call me back on 15th. but I have got some other contacts as back up so I will call them up later. keeping fingers crossed!!

I'm also keen to join the FB group... how to do that? My FB knowledge is very limited haha!

Today I signed up (by phone) for maternity tour on 8 May at 4pm at the new Mount E Novena Hospital.
My gynae said it's a very new nice hospital (because I told gynae I am interested to check out the new hospital and asked if he can go there to perform C-sect which he said yes can be arranged) however I need to consider that their nurses are new and maybe not so well trained yet. But I also think because it's a new facility the nurses may provide good service. The hospital only has single bedder wards and I asked the price, they didn't tell me much over the phone saying when I come for the tour I will get all information - the package for 3 nights stay for elective c-sect with epidural is $5,348 inclusive operation theatre fee and GST and some other things. For natural delivery the package starts from $3,673 inclusive GST for 1 night stay. My #1 was born in TMC and #1 was hospitalized for a week last year due to HFMD, TMC is ok but I find their rooms very dark (not enough sunlight) and the whole place is very noisy like market until 9pm everyday. Too many maternity rooms I think resulting in lots of visitors who like to group together in the corridor and talk very loudly. I can recall a doctor stepped out of one of the rooms and told a group to lower their volume. My friends who recently stayed also feedback when you request for your baby to come from the nursery it takes a long time and the nurses reply they are very busy because there are so many babies, yet they don't allow you to pick up the baby yourself from the nursery. These are the only cons I believe and the horrible parking, otherwise it is a good hospital also.

Anyone keen to join me on 8 May to the tour? They only do tours on Tues and Thurs at 4pm.

I have been to Mount E novena hospital tour and sampled their confinement food during 1 of the seminar last month. I would say that their rooms are rather good and bright. they are new too! and their confinement food is nice.

from the leaflets i was given, Single room starts from $3060. it comes with lodging and meals 1 family member, parking for 1 vehicle for entire stay, a pair of 2hr parking coupons, welcome mini bar and a mother & baby gift set. and Junior suite starts from $7280 which includes lodging and meals 2 family members, parking for 2 vehicles for entire stay, a pair of 2hr parking coupons, welcome mini bar (1 set/day), light refreshments for visitors in the evenings and a mother & baby gift set.

I would not have comment on their nurses as I was there for the seminar and tour.

do let us know your feedback once you are back!

that's very nice of your confinement lady!
I tried to call 1 CL last Friday but she is out of town, say will call me back on 15th. but I have got some other contacts as back up so I will call them up later. keeping fingers crossed!!
Good luck babybear, and thanks for sharing your info on Mount E Novena.

Have done my Oscar... although result is low risk but the ratio still considered ummm... now gotta decide between Harmony or Amnio. What would most mummies choose? Harmony only measures Trisomy 21 while Amnio will measure the same 3 trisomies as Oscar ( I think so that's what gynae explained to me )

Starting this Friday: http://www.babymarket.com.sg/star-buys.html

I have been to Mount E novena hospital tour and sampled their confinement food during 1 of the seminar last month. I would say that their rooms are rather good and bright. they are new too! and their confinement food is nice.

from the leaflets i was given, Single room starts from $3060. it comes with lodging and meals 1 family member, parking for 1 vehicle for entire stay, a pair of 2hr parking coupons, welcome mini bar and a mother & baby gift set. and Junior suite starts from $7280 which includes lodging and meals 2 family members, parking for 2 vehicles for entire stay, a pair of 2hr parking coupons, welcome mini bar (1 set/day), light refreshments for visitors in the evenings and a mother & baby gift set.

I would not have comment on their nurses as I was there for the seminar and tour.

do let us know your feedback once you are back!

Babybear, sorry 1 question - can I ask you how's the room toilet and shower room? Did they say how many maternity rooms there are in total? I thought I read somewhere its 12 rooms and 20 nursery spaces but can't remember where I read it.

Hi dustygritty,

Please help to add me to FB group. I had sent you the friend request :)
I am expecting my #2 and my EDD is 8 Oct.

Went for routine check up with gynae today, Dr. mentioned change in edd from early oct become end september. So I'm 16week 1day today!

During scan, Tried very hard to see inbetween legs, I think should be girl since nothing protrude out. Gut feeling also tell me it's girl. Dr don't want to confirm gender as the view isn't very clear. Think got to wait for next month detail scan then confirm le. Had booked with Mt.A (cheaper) although going to deliver in TMC.

Was down with flu last week, lasted about 8days. So somehow worried about the little one inside me. Felt comforting after hearing the strong heartbeat and very excited to see my baby bouncing during the scan.

Went for routine check up with gynae today, Dr. mentioned change in edd from early oct become end september. So I'm 16week 1day today!

During scan, Tried very hard to see inbetween legs, I think should be girl since nothing protrude out. Gut feeling also tell me it's girl. Dr don't want to confirm gender as the view isn't very clear. Think got to wait for next month detail scan then confirm le. Had booked with Mt.A (cheaper) although going to deliver in TMC.

Was down with flu last week, lasted about 8days. So somehow worried about the little one inside me. Felt comforting after hearing the strong heartbeat and very excited to see my baby bouncing during the scan.
Wow! Last week i went for checkup the Dr also didnt really manage to see the gender of my baby as baby doesnt wanna cooperate. But Dr say 90% shld be a girl~ i was also sick before the checkup, also worried abt baby. Luckily everything was ok for her and hearing the strong heartbeat, i was relieved. Im also going for the detailed scan next mth mid.

Babybear, sorry 1 question - can I ask you how's the room toilet and shower room? Did they say how many maternity rooms there are in total? I thought I read somewhere its 12 rooms and 20 nursery spaces but can't remember where I read it.

toilet and shower room is big. the hospital is rather new so don't worry. there are 206 single rooms, 37 deluxe rooms and 11 suites. this is shown on the file that was given to us.

I can't remember the number of nursery places...

wah! 16w 1d... me too, as I progress, the EDD getting nearer and nearer.
I am going to see gynae this sat! hope to know the gender! hehehe

our immune system are rather weak during pregnancy. do keep hydrated and take good care!

Good luck babybear, and thanks for sharing your info on Mount E Novena.

Have done my Oscar... although result is low risk but the ratio still considered ummm... now gotta decide between Harmony or Amnio. What would most mummies choose? Harmony only measures Trisomy 21 while Amnio will measure the same 3 trisomies as Oscar ( I think so that's what gynae explained to me )

Starting this Friday: http://www.babymarket.com.sg/star-buys.html
I still have not got any confinement lady!! they are all booked! argggg.....

I am going to the bb fair this weekend. but not sure what to buy. seem like it is still very early....

Hi all, just wondering if any of you are burping a lot during the pregnancy? I'm on my 13weeks now and burping a lot, like really a loooottt..
Was it because my stomach has a lot of gas? Any food/drink to avoid? Thanks for the advice!

Hi Mummies,

Last Wednesday I just went for my routine check up at 14 weeks 6 days. Also didn't manage to see anything yet.. Can't confirm the gender. Doctor advised me to go back on my 18th week which is end of this mth. Started feeling getting more & more excited for me..

My EDD is 2 Oct.. But I think most probably will be 1-2 weeks earlier..

Babybear, thank you for the answer about the hospital, much appreciated! Continue to try hard to find a CL but beware also of all the "good recommendations" on this forum for CLs. Are you delivering in TMC? They also have a service of introducing nannies... agents could be a good option as if a CL is not good, can change person. I'm also going to baby fair on Friday with a friend who's due in June... she got things to buy lar, for me I eyeing the cot and infant car seat (gave away everything belonging to my #1), but clothes cannot get because don't know gender.

Maruta, I'm week 12+ now but earlier month I was burping a lot also.. now not so bad or maybe I'm used to it!!

Still waiting for the metal taste in my mouth to go off....

Wondering is it becos I ate too much, baby growing fast then edd become earlier. Since MS subside, I've been feeling hungry so often, had gained 3-4kg already. Supper almost everyday! Hope that I can control my appetite abit otherwise hard to slim down after birth...

Hi all, just wondering if any of you are burping a lot during the pregnancy? I'm on my 13weeks now and burping a lot, like really a loooottt..
Was it because my stomach has a lot of gas? Any food/drink to avoid? Thanks for the advice!

I think all thanks to the change of hormones, gas filled up my tummy too, our digest systems slows down especially in 1st trimester when our body still not use to it. I didn't avoid any food just those too liang food, fruits, drinks don't take too often. During 1st tri I burped alot and very loud... I usually can control but cannot during preg...

agaga, I'm on the other side of the pasture.... I'm hoping to gain weight, my weight is the same as before pregnancy, never increase even now at week 12 still I am super underweight, my #1 pregnancy increased very fast. Wondering if I should be concerned about it. My supper habit just started... 3:00am kind of timing will wake up eat curry noodles... hopefully help my weight.

Does anyone here know or read up more about cord blood storage? I am thinking if it's worth it to keep cord blood for #2 also.

@my#2

My 1st baby gain 15kg but luckily slim down in 6mths time, 2nd baby gain 12kg after 1yr plus then start to regain the weight. Now only 16weeks already 4kg... I can't imagine how much this round!

Haha, really, bald also frustrating, full of hair also pek chek!!

Regards to the cord blood, did you actually store for your #1 ??

agaga, my #1 gain 16kg, baby was only a pathetic 2.6kg.... took me a long time to reduce my belly, I went to london weight management to help in the end. My #1 didn't have much hair, now I hope #2 got hair, but looking at me and my hubby, difficult to hope for much hair lol!!!

Ya #1 I did the cord blood banking.

agaga, I'm on the other side of the pasture.... I'm hoping to gain weight, my weight is the same as before pregnancy, never increase even now at week 12 still I am super underweight, my #1 pregnancy increased very fast. Wondering if I should be concerned about it. My supper habit just started... 3:00am kind of timing will wake up eat curry noodles... hopefully help my weight.

Does anyone here know or read up more about cord blood storage? I am thinking if it's worth it to keep cord blood for #2 also.

Hi, I actually store cord blood for my 1st baby under Cordlife. Now also thinking if I should store for the 2nd? My friend who just have birth told me that's not necessary. Can be used to all child hence only keep 1 will do, is it true? Any feedback from other mummies?

Not too sure on 'just keep 1 baby cord blood will do'

Read somewhere that, some disease, own cord blood also can save himself.

So I guess I won't spend such money. I start considering this cos I decided to tie-tube after this birth. But after thinking, my older generation also never keep cord blood so I'll forgo this.

agaga, my #1 gain 16kg, baby was only a pathetic 2.6kg.... took me a long time to reduce my belly, I went to london weight management to help in the end.
Hubby agree to spend on my slimming course if can't slim down this time.. cos I keep saying sure hard this round as getting older.

How much u spend at LWM? Got to eat as per their "prescribed" meal ??

agaga, I bought a package for 6 sessions for $3K+ in 2010, can't remember exact amount.... my friend bought a trial at a roadshow for $10 before. They will promote some milk shake thing but I didn't buy it. I just went in for the hot slimming therapy and it actually worked well for my belly. They wrap you up like zhi bao ji and after 20 mins they unwrap you, inside the wrap really a lot of body fluid comes out. Then next few days wah I see my belly very chio! Slimmer and the skin looks better. I don't have fat issues in other areas so mainly concentrated on my belly.

Regarding the cord blood, for my #1 i asked gynae for advise, that time he said with medicine always advancing, we don't know how useful the blood can become 1 day, so if money is not a issue, then can save the blood for a few years and after that see if wanna continue saving for decades. For #2, money becomes something to consider and also whether #1 blood can also be used for #2 in case of anything then it becomes redundant to keep #2 cord blood.

What is the cost for the storing of cord blood? I rem it pretty expensive right? I did sign up for the first born incentive at tmc.. then they mentioned about the cord blood..

What is the cost for the storing of cord blood? I rem it pretty expensive right? I did sign up for the first born incentive at tmc.. then they mentioned about the cord blood..

Hi, if I'm not wrong is $3k plus for 10 years or u can opt directly for 20 years at $5k plus. U can use credit card to go by installment up to 36 months. I go for 10 years first then will decide if want to continue another 10 years. By the way, I choose Cordlife.

For cord blood storage, I personally won't recommend private cord banking. This is because your baby will not be able to use his or her own cord blood should it come down with any disease such as leukemia etc because it means that his/her blood cells are already contaminated. You can check out public cord blood banking websites and they will give u the information on that. In fact in Europe, private cord blood banking is banned. There are always promises with stem cell renewal or transplants for diseases but ask anyone in the research line n they will tell u we are way far from nearing such a cure. You are better off donating it to the public banks and by doing that should your child have any need for cord blood they will donate it to u on priority compared to if u store yours privately. Just my two cents worth :)

Last edited:

Maruta, I am also a victim of hormones changes that resulted in lotsa burping... terrible feeling coupled with indigestion/heartburn. :(
I am in 15w now so I think the burping are getting lesser. but I heard this will restart in 3rd trimester. maybe experienced mothers can verify?

agaga/my#2, I gained only ~1.5kg at this stage. personally I do not hope to gain too much weight as i'm pretty hard to slim down type. as long as bb is growing healthy inside me, I really hope I can don't gain so much weight. :)
during my first trimester, I ate a lot. always hungry. but as I entered into second trimester, hunger pangs seems to go away. instead, like my#2, I also indulge in supper! hahaha.... other than that I just eat normally.

my#2, I just managed to book a CL last evening! phew! verbally confirmed on phone and I am waiting for her to text me her account# to transfer deposit. I am with Mount E. ya, I also heard agencies ones are not that good, so I asked my friends for some recommendations. luckily I got 1... hopefully everything goes smoothly!
I am also going to baby fair this Friday! excited!!! I am aiming to buy cot, breast pump, bb wipes, washing detergents and steriliser. looks like they have great deals there! super KS hor? hahaha.... clothes also cannot buy coz don't know the gender. as this is the first time I am going to bb fair, i'm afraid that it is really crowded!!!

I have a question on the delivery rooms at hospitals. I went to Mount E Novena hospital and their delivery room looks like a bigger version of single room (IMO). is all the rest of the hospital the same? I was under the impression that it will be like an operation theatre. *Confused*

Back