(2014/09) September 2014

Hi sweetmadness, how old is your #1? wow you are still BF! thumbs up!! so are you intending to stop soon? I heard once preggy try not to BF coz will take away the nutrients from the baby in tummy.

#1 is 15 months old and I have even trying to wean him off since 11-12 months old :/ My gynae also adviced me to wean him off but #1 really loves latching.

My plan was to breastfeed for just a year then prep my body for the next pregnancy because I didn't menstruate at all while breastfeeding! But he refuses to wean until now.

So to get my ovulation cycle back I tried to leave him at my parent's place a few times a week in the daytime to try to "re-activate" my ovulation. I read that sudden cut down of breastfeeding hormones would help and I guess it worked :D

For constipation, try prune juice. S&W organic prune juice works for me, but I take that only every 2 or 3 days coz the effect is quite strong on me. I'll need immediate access to a clean toilet within 3 hours of drinking a cup.

You can easily get this from NTUC.

For constipation, try prune juice. S&W organic prune juice works for me, but I take that only every 2 or 3 days coz the effect is quite strong on me. I'll need immediate access to a clean toilet within 3 hours of drinking a cup.

You can easily get this from NTUC.

Yeah prune juice is a good way to combat constipation. My gynae recommends that too. I don't like it so I usually pinch my nose and gulp it down as fast as I can!

eeeee.... i dun like Prune juice too...
If there is a Facegroup pls add me... easier to chat with a face. haa...
tmr I gg to test again... hope the line is darker!! pray pray

#1 is 15 months old and I have even trying to wean him off since 11-12 months old :/ My gynae also adviced me to wean him off but #1 really loves latching.

My plan was to breastfeed for just a year then prep my body for the next pregnancy because I didn't menstruate at all while breastfeeding! But he refuses to wean until now.

So to get my ovulation cycle back I tried to leave him at my parent's place a few times a week in the daytime to try to "re-activate" my ovulation. I read that sudden cut down of breastfeeding hormones would help and I guess it worked :D
Kudos to you for bf for 15mths! ahem... dun bluff.... you put your boy with mum and make no. 2 right? hahaaa...

Kudos to you for bf for 15mths! ahem... dun bluff.... you put your boy with mum and make no. 2 right? hahaaa...

Hahaha! #2 was actually made with #1 right there :p

We were in NYC on holiday in December and I suddenly spotted ovulation signs so #2 was made in the hotel room while #1 was asleep hehehe

Oh yes!! I didn't realize that being pregnant now means we can't eat pineapple tarts for cny this year!! It will be the first cny that I can't have pineapple tarts
Hannor... remember to avoid Yu Sheng too coz they are raw vege and most contain raw salmon... Relatives will be wondering why I am avoid these and I can't say the reason.

Hmm I think a few pineapple tarts should be alright especially since the pineapples are cooked. But if not comfortable eating them then it's better to avoid so there won't be any guilt after :)
hmm... ya hor... forgot it's cooked. maybe less "impact". I shall sneak a bit. hehehee..

Hi sweetmadness, how old is your #1? wow you are still BF! thumbs up!! so are you intending to stop soon? I heard once preggy try not to BF coz will take away the nutrients from the baby in tummy.

I BF till 18 months. Would have continued but gynae advised me to stop as BF has a natural womb tightening effect which should be avoided since I'm doing IVF.

Nutrient wise perfectly fine for your tummy one don't worry

I BF till 18 months. Would have continued but gynae advised me to stop as BF has a natural womb tightening effect which should be avoided since I'm doing IVF.

Nutrient wise perfectly fine for your tummy one don't worry

Did you pump or latch? If latch, how did you manage to wean the LO?

I'm fully latching and #1 doesn't want to stop latching. He'll scream, cry out horribly and keep pulling my top if I try to stop him from latching.

My other mummy friends who pumped have easily weaned their LOs from breast milk but those of us who latch are having trouble weaning.

eeeee.... i dun like Prune juice too...
If there is a Facegroup pls add me... easier to chat with a face. haa...
tmr I gg to test again... hope the line is darker!! pray pray

I've just created a secret Facebook group for us! Let me know your fb emails (either msg here in the thread or PM) and I'll add all of you into the group :)

Did you pump or latch? If latch, how did you manage to wean the LO?

I'm fully latching and #1 doesn't want to stop latching. He'll scream, cry out horribly and keep pulling my top if I try to stop him from latching.

My other mummy friends who pumped have easily weaned their LOs from breast milk but those of us who latch are having trouble weaning.

I latched. Stopped pumping since 12 months and was BF only morning & night till 18 months. My boy had the same reaction and it was heart wrenching to watch. I happened to have document my weaning process on my blog (http://thelittlethings.sg/tag/weaning/) so feel free to go read. Haven't been updating cuz was busy but the daily weaning struggles were documented. Took a total of 10 days. Frankly I thought it will take longer but after the 1st few days the boy knew.

Since then he will still sometimes come to me and say "nai nai" and even request to see & knead my breasts. Nothing sexual about it. He just wanted to cuddle against me.

Your hubby must first and foremost support you. Cuz he will have to deal with your kid while you stay out of the bedroom. It will be hard. But it is definitely do-able.

Of course, aim for a time when there're no major changes going on; not sick or anything. And then plan for 2 weeks of struggling with ur kid and deprived sleep.

And oh, I sent you a PM to add me to facebook group.

Last edited:

My other mummy friends who pumped have easily weaned their LOs from breast milk but those of us who latch are having trouble weaning.[/quote]

Sweetmadness,

I weaned off my #1 when she was 3.5 yrs old. Although its relatively easier than weaning off an 18th mth old (e.g. she understands, no tantrums, more self control) she still misses my boobs and wanna hold on to it even if shes not drinking anymore. Its getting better but on and off she would still request to hold on to my breasts when we co sleep on occasions. I guess ur #1 is also emotionally attached to ur breasts.

Added! Let me know if u don't get any notification! It's my first time trying out :)

i got your invite in my email, thanks! but can't seem to access the group from fb unless i click on the link in my email... i think you can make it closed instead of secret?

i got your invite in my email, thanks! but can't seem to access the group from fb unless i click on the link in my email... i think you can make it closed instead of secret?

It has to be a secret group unless everyone in the group is ok with "announcing" their pregnancy to their Facebook friends. A closed group will be available for all fb friends to see whereas a secret group is only seen to all who were invited and joined. So usually all edd groups are secret.

All groups can be accessed from Facebook under the groups tab even in the mobile app. You have to click the group tab to see all the groups you are in :)

Sweetmadness,

I weaned off my #1 when she was 3.5 yrs old. Although its relatively easier than weaning off an 18th mth old (e.g. she understands, no tantrums, more self control) she still misses my boobs and wanna hold on to it even if shes not drinking anymore. Its getting better but on and off she would still request to hold on to my breasts when we co sleep on occasions. I guess ur #1 is also emotionally attached to ur breasts.

#1 is only 15 months old so it's tough for him to really understand when I refuse to let him latch and the tantrums are huge. He will hit & pinch himself in addition to screaming so I usually end up giving in. He's been fully latching throughout 15 months so he's extremely attached. Guess I have to try different ways & means of weaning as gently as possible.

You can continue BF if it's not affecting your pregnancy. By the second trimester your milk will dry up and your kid will realize there's no more milk. Can be a natural process too

You can continue BF if it's not affecting your pregnancy. By the second trimester your milk will dry up and your kid will realize there's no more milk. Can be a natural process too

That's my wish too! Natural weaning.. But some of my friends continued to have abundant supply of milk throughout pregnancy and ended up tandem nursing both the newborn and toddler.

Also #1 loves to just suckle without drinking so my worst fear is having my milk dry up and my kid still suckling without minding that there's no milk :/

Well, I'll just take it slowly and see how it goes :)

Sweetmadness,

Thank you for the add.
Ya take your time to wean him off. 15 mths is indeed difficult. I was actually sad when I had to wean off my girl but no choice, she was already 3.5 yo and her dentist had been nagging me to wean off since 24mths. As long as it doesnt affect ur pregnancy, I guess it shd be fine.

Hi all! congratulations to mummies and daddies in this thread!

I just went to a random gynae at kkh, did a scan, no blood test and Dr saw 2 spots! :oops: possibly twins! Hubby and I are over the moon! But doc says to go back for another scan in about 2 weeks time to confirm if we are having twins (as one may be a fibroid). It doesn't matter if we have one or two cos its our first and we have been trying for sometime. Oh my EDD is 9 sept and cant wait for next visit ( which will be 6 week plus) cos Dr says to expect to see heartbeat or smthg along that line. Currently am just feeling much more tired then usual, dizziness but no morning sickness and slight bloatedness.

I just went to a random gynae at kkh, did a scan, no blood test and Dr saw 2 spots! :oops: possibly twins! Hubby and I are over the moon! But doc says to go back for another scan in about 2 weeks time to confirm if we are having twins (as one may be a fibroid). It doesn't matter if we have one or two cos its our first and we have been trying for sometime. Oh my EDD is 9 sept and cant wait for next visit ( which will be 6 week plus) cos Dr says to expect to see heartbeat or smthg along that line. Currently am just feeling much more tired then usual, dizziness but no morning sickness and slight bloatedness.

Congrats to you and hubby! :D

Congratulations chocolate foundatain and welcome to the group

Im down with sore throat and nose congestion, and now heartburn. Any mommies started having MS already?

Wow! Was surprised to see one with Sep 2014 baby. I only found out this week, had a m/c last year. So kinda of worried. Going to see a gynea on monday to confirm that its healthy and all.

Is there anyone with an aversion to plain water?

I just can't take plain water. I used to guzzle it down all the time but now, each time I take plain water, I end up throwing everything up.

I'm now taking plain water with some sweetened drinks added to it. Now, my choice of drink is Sprite.

But I'm scared of gestational diabetes. Didn't have it with my two older girls but now I'm 36 years old, so the risks are greater.

Is there anyone with an aversion to plain water?

I just can't take plain water. I used to guzzle it down all the time but now, each time I take plain water, I end up throwing everything up.

I'm now taking plain water with some sweetened drinks added to it. Now, my choice of drink is Sprite.

But I'm scared of gestational diabetes. Didn't have it with my two older girls but now I'm 36 years old, so the risks are greater.

Telly,

I dont hv aversion yet. In fact im a little worried as I dont feel much MS yet and im still spotting. Having MS wud make me feel a little more at ease.

Not everyone gets MS so don't worry if it doesn't hit you. In my first pregnancy I had gushes of blood & blood clots and then spotting for almost 2 months in first trimester.

Call your gynae see if you can go for a scan to check cause of spotting. Might also collect a vaginal swab for culture test to check for bacteria. I did this a couple of times during the first trimester - each time I had sudden flow of blood.

Not everyone gets MS so don't worry if it doesn't hit you. In my first pregnancy I had gushes of blood & blood clots and then spotting for almost 2 months in first trimester.

Call your gynae see if you can go for a scan to check cause of spotting. Might also collect a vaginal swab for culture test to check for bacteria. I did this a couple of times during the first trimester - each time I had sudden flow of blood.

Thanks for the info. I had the same situation for my first pregnancy as well. Gushes of blood, hospitalisation and 6 mths of bedrest. I already saw my gynae last Wednesday and she said its threatened miscarriage. Im repeating bloodtest on wed to make sure my hcg levels increase remarkably. I also did urine test and negative for infection.

Thanks for the info. I had the same situation for my first pregnancy as well. Gushes of blood, hospitalisation and 6 mths of bedrest. I already saw my gynae last Wednesday and she said its threatened miscarriage. Im repeating bloodtest on wed to make sure my hcg levels increase remarkably. I also did urine test and negative for infection.

Hoping all turns out well for you.

Really hoping everything will turn out well for you! In the mean time, rest as much as possible!

Telly,

I dont hv aversion yet. In fact im a little worried as I dont feel much MS yet and im still spotting. Having MS wud make me feel a little more at ease.

Sapwol,

For me, part of my misery stems from the fact that I have bad morning sickness and yet, I still had 2 miscarriages. Despite the bad MS. So, I suppose it's different for different people. I'll only feel a little bit less miserable after this Saturday's appointment with my gynae when I see my baby's heartbeat.

---

Anyway. How's everyone feeling? I'm feeling so tired today. Woke up to vomit in the middle of the night. Then cannot sleep again. Sigh.

I'm just tired. Hungry but no appetite. Read that the loss of appetite could be due to increased progesterone. So now just making sure I take my vits & protein and water.

Are you still taking your folic acid? I've stopped taking it as it causes me to throw up every single thing I eat.

My husband wants me to see my GP and get MC but I don't think it's fair to my pupils. I'm a teacher taking a graduating class. Once this pregnancy is confirmed viable, I will inform my bosses cos there's no way I can see them thru their major exams at the end of this year. There'll be major reshuffling and I don't think some of my colleagues would be pleased.

It's never easy Telly. And u have to decide what you would like to do re: your workplace. Do keep in mind that the MS should go away (hopefully). So if you inform your workplace now, could be a case of reshuffling now but you can be there at the critical time for the class?

Back