SUPPORT GROUP - INFERTILTY

hi Dorothy,
When u say that your husband's SA has improved to 9%, which area are you refering to? Reason being my husband's morphology is at a low 4%. Meaning, he only has 4% of "normal" sperms. They have a medical term for it - severe teratozoospermia. Anyone heard of it?

Hi Findingmiki & VQ, Thanks, it means alot & thanks for contributing regularly to this thread.

Jade, welcome to this thread. Yes, we're journeying together in this difficult TTC path. What we're trying to achieve here is not pregnancy but comfort and encouragement in each other that if it is meant to happen, it'll happen and if it isn't then we'll lean on each other to get through each month, re-emerging stronger. Surely, we are entitled to wallow in our disappointment but we must constantly remind ourselves that conceiving is not the be all and end all in our lives and that there are other people and greater reasons to live. Just gotta re-align our priorities from time to time. There are also other methods of creating a family unit, if we're ready, of course.

And yes, most of us in here have hubbies with some issues there as well. If we're strong, we have help our hubbies along and vice versa, right? The main thing is to have good communication with our spouses so that we can sort our thoughts & feelings with them anytime we need. It is, afterall, part of being married, right? For better or for worse...

BTW, anyone going for the Sexual Wellness talk on 3 Feb organised by Channel Newsasia? I won't be able to make it but wd love to. Don't think it'll be anything new we haven't heard or tried before though....

Anyway, it's the 1st day of work & school for the new year so I'd better let you all get back to work. Have a fab week ahead!

Soulutions

Hi all,

I have a problem my mensus is irregular ok ... and lately my mensus is come ....but is very little and this is the 3rd week liao i still encouter bit bit bleeding everyday .... why is it like this? anyone can help me?

Dear Qingqing

I think you're having hormonal problems like me. Do you feel dizzy? Prob low blood - are you taking iron pills? You might want to start.

Meantime, make an appt with your gynae to see to the problem as tests may need to be done.

Take care,
Soulutions

Yes, qing qing... I agree with soulutions.. Do see a doctor as fast as you could.

The bit bit of bleeding everyday is due to the bulky uterus. The reason for bulky uterus is due to the inability to ovulate and thus did not have menses. The bit bit of bleeding is 'cause the blood linning is so thick that it starts to shed bit by bit..

These are symptons of hormonal problems.. potentially PCOS.

I was like you.. I delayed my treatment as i was frightened and i landed up in a deeper shit. So do it as early as you can. I am still having PCOS but the shit has been cleared after 2 years of medications.

Fear not.. 1 in 5 woman would have hormonal problems. We just need to know how to treat this .. using diet as well as medications.. The problem is not big.. just needed medical attention.

Fear not .. okay.. We are all here for you.

Take care of u..
happy.gif
many hugs

Clarifications :
When i say "I was like you.. "

I meant.. my symptoms are the same as yours. Only that this continues for 6 months to 9 months before i did something about it..

ya my thyroid doc suspect i have PCOS ... i am being schedule on 16 Feb to do a scan in KK .... is kinda long
sad.gif
and they will only take my blood test when i am having my 2nd day of mensus and 21 day .... now how to calculate?
sad.gif
so worried cos my thyroid doc give green light for me to conceive but Now .... got pcos how to get preggie
sad.gif

Hi Ladies,

Mind if I join in this thread? Am looking for support tiding thru this trial period. Had 2 m/c in a year (2006)... Wish v much to move on, but find it tough...taking 1 day at a time now. Found to have chromosome issues in me...not sure if i should continue to ttc...hope 2007 will bring about hope and fulfillment of my heart desire to be a mommy..

Happy New Year to all
happy.gif

Welcome to our support group Applemuffin,

In here, we remind each other that TTC is important but there are other important elements in our lives, too, and we encourage each other to look at what we have and not what we don't have...

If I were you, I'd seek to sort myself out before thinking of TTC as I would not want my child to suffer any disabilities, etc... Rule #1 of being a parent; to protect your offspring.

I've been TTC-ing for 7 yrs now and we've created our family unit by adopting our beautiful baby girl in Sep 05. We're still TTC-ing but the pressure has eased. We've now moved from primary infertility to secondary.

Take one day at a time, get your condition looked at and then TTC when you get the green light.

We hope to see you here more!

: ) soulutions

thanks soulutions. i hope to get green light soon. guess time is the best healer for all situation. am learning to be patient..
happy.gif

thanks for the encouragement.
happy.gif
will swing by as often as i can...

ya think the only thing we can do is to relax be happy .... nature take it course ..... and oso to get ourself healthy ....

Hi all,

Yes, I agree with Solutions and all.......

Though I am not yet successful, I guess that having a child cannot be really planned for........it is this thing called destiny......we cannot control destiny......

We must learn to cherish and make good use of what we have now and not be despondent by what we do not have......it is easier done than said.....

At least, we still have hubbies with us......if have children it is a big bonus and gift from God.........if fated dun have, then, since we are living, we must make ourselves happy by focusing on what we have and not what we do not have right???? Just sharing some thoughts.........

Hi all,

Yes, I agree with Solutions and all.......

Though I am not yet successful, I guess that having a child cannot be really planned for........it is this thing called destiny......we cannot control destiny......

We must learn to cherish and make good use of what we have now and not be despondent by what we do not have......it is easier done than said.....

At least, we still have hubbies with us......if have children it is a big bonus and gift from God.........if fated dun have, then, since we are living, we must make ourselves happy by focusing on what we have and not what we do not have right???? Just sharing some thoughts.........

wishing all of us all the best cos if our last menses is about the same time within next few days could be our peak..so work hard and pray hard that it will be a good news for us for the start of the new year!!!

do take care n eat your folic.. me faithfully on folic since aug 05... ha ha.. actually 6 mths prior to been pregnant is enough.. ...

oops, stopped folic since m/c in nov 06. should start again...thanks toy collector for reminding
happy.gif

am in happy mood today cos its fri...time to R&R..
planning to start exercising too..lose some weight to be mei nu again...hee

Hi qing qing.. folic acid is like vit .. so you can still take..

Hi all and especially to qing qing, I was having so much trouble with PCOS, atypical hyperplasia, went thru cycles of IUI and SO-IUI.. almost IVF this time. The brown staining that i noticed had not been AF. The symptoms that i experienced which i tot was also not AF. On the day when I felt so disappointed, sad and wanted to go for IVF, I finally did a test to ensure that there is no mistake before I start injection for IVF. I tested postive.

Saw a glimpse of light. Both my chinese and western doctors said that my hormones are really low... and i need lots of rest. I don't know whether I would be able to pull thru this, but to me .. knowing that it is positive.. is really good. Thus keep moving.. I would not have moved so far without all of your support.. I will continue to move and take care.. and i really hope it will turn out well..

Hi Findingmiki, CONGRATS!!!!!

just stay positive!!!!! u start the ball rolling for this thread!!!! wow!!! what a pleasant way to start 2007!!!!!

just continue to update us for your "little one" progress!!!! more to come!!!!

actually, my Hubby's SA result veri bad one.... less than 1% normal. most of his swimmers r abnormal.... until last yr, we did another SA with Dr Loh from KKH... result was 9% which is normal according to Dr Loh....

these few days were very eventful for me!!!! going to school with my gal(pri 1)... seeing her how she enjoyed herself.... it's so fulfilling....

Hi all,

Came across this forum while browsing thru sgmotherhood. been tryin to conceive, somehow, i know for my case would be tough as i dun my menses... it can oni come once a yr or less at times. Any of u have this prob?

hi hi horray!! Good news for the new year!!

i am so happy to hear that findingmiki is pregnant!!! it will be an exciting 9 months but i know u will treasure it...u know when i first pregnant i was so stressed at work n sooo worried i will lose baby, baby not well etc...and even after delivering i cant sleep for so many days n was robbed of the joy of been a mother initially cos the pd said baby has only 1 line across both palms (bilateral simian crease)and told us to be prepared it might be a down baby... but after 2 wks after deliviering i decided to release to the LORD and told myself i prayed so hard to be a mummy n no matter what my son is, i will love him with all my heart ...but praise THE lORD!! my son turns out to be normal but the wait for a few mths to see he developed normally was killing me then..

most prob findingmiki u will be a aug mtb... how many wks now? do rest rest rest

dorothy..your gal is so big already..and nice to hear she enjoys school/..i thou usually they cry on 1st day.....every time i see little gals i wish they are mine can tie their hair can dress them up...

calyx, maybe a suggestion to see a dr..i have mine every few mths n found out i have PCOS... it can be treated n u can still conceive..

Findingmiki - A BIG FAT CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! I'm so so happy for you! Thanks for sharing! This is just fabulous news! Pls start taking your folic acid as this is when the little one needs it most, at the start. Make sure you take care of yourself, lots of rest & positive, happy thoughts.

Calyx, welcome to this support group. Toy Collector's right, do get yourself checked out and start going on treatment asap. In the meantime, just focus on sorting yourself out cos that's the most immediate & impt thing to do.

I hope everyone had a good weekend - hv a great week ahead & Findingmiki, U TAKE GREAT CARE OF YOURSELF, SISTA!

cheers,
Soulutions

hi hi everyone,
me super super sian... going back to work!!!

tomorrow my gal will be alone in school... veri exciting... toy-collector, sept mtb started already leh... how!!!

yesi saw that tooo but i not yet have the chance to sign up yet... ha ha..sooon soon my turn okie..

Dorothy, back to work tomorrow..it tough to get started ..i face that on last thu..just wish i can sleep longer how nice!

have a gd week ahead!!

findingmiki the terms u use i dunno what is it care to explain? I am very green..... things like what is IUI what is so-IUI what is IVF what is AF?

Hi Dorothy, i am inspired by your story about conceiving your bb gal. U see, my hubby also low morphology, 3% normal only and although some people say it takes just 1 spermie so still got hope, but i still find it so hard to believe. Ur story brought me hope. Can u also share how your hubby morphology improved to 9%? Thats a good jump! How did he do it? TCM? Pills? Special diet? Can share?

toy collector,

Thank u. There are so many Gynae around and i jus dunno who and where to start from? i m at a lost. Furthermore my Hubby has high blood pressure. does it affect his Sperm counT?

Hello Calyx

i used to see Ann tan when she was at sgh but she moved to set up a pte practise at Mt E. not sure about her charges now. It really depends on your budget. maybe for a start maybe u can get a referral from polyclinic to kk or sgh to see a gynae, then u will be a subsidised pt.. But if u think that u can afford and prefer to choose a senior consultant then u just check in the web of kk or sgh and choose the senior con. Cos as a pte patient, all the blood test etc are pte rate and can be quite a lot of $$ if long term treatment is required. I think over here they do have discussion on the drs..so u can read their feedback.. some of my friends prefer christian/ catholic gynae cos of their belief but for me i prefer a lady gynae but in the end i was delivered by a male one cos Ann Tan left. I am seeing Dr Tan Hak Koon at sgh, he's ok but i still feel very shy when i see him....

i really do not know if hbp affect sperm count...It's reallly gd to see a gynae earlier and they can advise what to do.

do take care. it took me a while to bring my hubby to see a gynae initially but it takes 2 hads to clap so he has to take leave to see her a few times with me.

toy collector,

i hv the same feelings as u.. i feel shy to c male dr too...hahaha... i c Dr Yu Su Ling, snr con at SGH. she's very patient...

yes i heard about her but i heard she is very serious lady.. are u still seeing her? Dr Tan Hak Koon is very friendly but i just feel strange seeing a male.. even though a nurse is there too.. i was told that male gynae more strength during delivery n more gentle....

actually 1 thing i dun like about govt hosp is the wait...

of cos they hv to be serious... Dr Yu is ok.. i feel comfortable seeing her... she's patient n always smiling...

yes still seeing Dr Yu. i hv stop all my infertility treatments... so its like i want a check up or pap smear test then i will c her...

i alway hv to wait at least 1.5 hrs to c her...

hi maplebabies, for years my husband's SA is always less than 1%.. when last year, the result came out 9%, we were shocked. my gyane too...

he only take vit e... actually, i think the holy communion should be our answer( hope i dont make u unease).

yest n today, on UL as gal fever so cant go school n student care....

yesterday, my gal asked my mum why she got2 babies(me n my bro). my mum told her that because she ate a lot that y got 2 babies...

so yesterf=day, my galkept bugging me to eat a lot so that i can have babies... i think she badly needs company.... sigh....

Hi Toy,

Thank u for ur advise. so if i go poly clinic i jus tell them i 1 2 see doc for fertility reasons huh? i dunno how the govt polyclinic works leh.. toy, u have any bb yet urself?

Hi Dorothy, i see, thanks for sharing. No u didnt make me unease but i do feel guilty. You two are really blessed children of God. For us, have to have more faith and seek Him more. :p Thanks for sharing!

Hi sisters, thank you for all your blessings.

I am really keeping my fingers crossed. Spotting is coming on and off. Given MC to rest for 10 days.. That's why did not login as frequent.. as need to lie down most times..

Today felt better.. no worries..
No matter what happens.. it shows that there is hope for all of us.. Thus sisters, do fight on.. i am too .
happy.gif

qing qing:
no worries about being green... all of us started green.. :p all sisters here helped to educate each other
happy.gif

IUI - Intrauterine insemination(IUI) is process whereby sperm are artificially placed in the uterus. Oral medications such as clomid is used to induce ovulation. Once the egg matures i.e. around size of 17mm - 20 mm , the doctor would give you an injection to release the egg from the ovaries. THis would prepare you for IUI. Your husband will be asked to prepare his sperm. They would process the sperm, remove the not so good ones and give the current ones more motility. Once the sperm is ready ( usually about 2 hours), the sperm is then transferred into your uterus thru an equipment which the doctor uses.
So-IUI - is SUPER-IUI if i am not wrong. Injectibles are used instead of oral medications. If one respond well, one can get more than 1 egg, thus increasing the chances of pregnancy.

IVF -In vitro fertilization is a technique in which egg cells are fertilized by sperm outside the woman's womb. IVF is a major treatment in infertility when other methods of achieving conception have failed. Injectibles are used and many eggs are produced in order for them to be extracted and fertilised outside. The embryo is then transplanted back to the womb.

AF - stands for Aunty flow. This i also just learnt recently..

Hope the above helps.

Replies to some of the discussion above.

Dear toycollector - it should be 4+ weeks.. have not discussed the EDD with doc as yet.. as both of us more worried about the spotting.

Dear Soulutions - yup.. taking folic acid diligently. A sincere thank you to you for maintaining this thread.. I am really glad to be in this thread..

Dear hopefulgal - the reason i shared is to encourage everyone of us here.
happy.gif
I am glad it gives you a glimpse of light too
happy.gif

Dear dorothy - thank you too. Will try to update. Now just keep fingers crossed.
happy.gif

When i had thought it is not possible, our sisters had pushed me on. I am very grateful. Thank you

VQ, i actually thou that Dr YU serious= fierce...seems like she is a nice lady .. never see her b4.. next time when i go for check up will peep peep see if i can see how she looks.

Calyx..hello i think actually the polyclinic cant really treat u regarding fertility issues but with their referral u can be a subsidised patient at govt hosp.... u just tell them u have irregular menses and want to know if u are ovulating..but do prepared that u might have to wait some time b4 u get an appt date at govt hosp cos govt hosp usually packed with appts...so some of us might take short cut by calling the govt hosp n choose to be pte patients to get the earliest date to see a gynae..

i have a child n he going 4 soon but still praying hard for a 2nd miracle to happen..

findingmiki.. take 1 step at a time... rest rest rest!!! will keep u n baby in prayers.

just to share a heartache that myself and also those with secondary infertility face.

few days ago my boy told me he very "poor thing" coz it's just him and his hamsters. said he's alone with no baby brother.

sighhh...such words from him really tears my heart. i can sense he really wanted a sibling. my boy meant the world to me and as a mother, i would give him my all...but this is one of the things that is kinda beyond my control and understanding. i guess i just have to be patient and press on...and i really must say i find comfort in this thread at times like this ;)

findingmiki, congrats and thanks for sharing your good news...it gave everyone here hope. i feel that i'm a step closer to deciding on IUI. i'll be enquiring with my gynae when i see him on thursday.

btw, was this pregnancy conceived naturally or via IUI? anyway take care and rest well.

hey findingmiki!
Big hugs and congratulation!
Don't worry! You'll be fine. Muz be positive ok?

Hi all,

Need help! I have irregular menses before married. And got no courage to see a doctor until now. Any recommedation on gynae?

cranberry,

just go for it.. c a gynae nw... when u talk abt no courage, u r referring to? if u r uncomfortable to c a male dr then go for a female dr...

Finding Miki,

A big congrats to you!!!

Did you conceive naturally? U take care okay? Indeed miracles do happen especially when one least expect it to be..........

I hope that everyone in this thread will also receive the baby miracles some day........have more faith and trust in the lord!!!!

As long as we keep trying, I am sure if it is meant to be, we will be able to start a family.........

Cheers!

Hi Joan and Tub,

I conceive via So-IUI. I am a PCOS patient and my hubby had low SA. According to doc, we are actually lucky as during the time of So-IUi, i only had 1 egg that is matured while the other one is too small. And usually given the dosage, I should have 4 or more eggs. Thus, lucky.
But now .. keeping fingers crossed as Doc seems to be saying that I am having low hormones (quite common for PCOS patients).. and i am having bad coughing as well.. thus really hope... I can pull thru this..
happy.gif

Cranberry,

Pls consult a gynae asap & get your menses sorted out before trying to conceive. It might take anytime between a month to a year, who knows.. just stay focused on getting it right before TTC-ing, otherwise you may be frustrated too early in the process. And stress whilst TTC-ing is not something you need to experience until you've sorted yourself out.

soulutions

wow findingmiki! u are very fortunate to be able to strike it right with SOIUI! This shows that you have lots of blessings and thus will be fine. Have a good nine months ahead and don't stop coming here to spread your baby dust! smile and be positive. at least the first barrier is conquered!
happy.gif

Finding Miki,

Wow........cheers to you as well!!

Sure you will have a smooth nine mths ahead........luck is really on your side.....since you strike, you will be blessed to carry the baby to full term!!!

Cheers!

WEn

i nearly teared when i read what your son said.. my son only asked for food or toys but never a sibling cos he sees it as a competitior to his things.. but poor boy, every night before he sleeps i make him say a prayer for a mei mei. some times he asked me how come so long still no mei mei.. sometimes he can be very sweet and kiss my tummy n said hello mei mei....

Findingmiki.. i am also waiting waiting for my turn to come... but iui is still not what i wanted if i have a choice... but let see how it goes...do take care!!!

Back