Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

Hi ladies,

I'm here! Had a tired day and going for dinner soon, so I'll join u guys tomolo....

Koalarie,

Give you my share of 'JIA YOU' too! You can make it.

hi koalarie
perserve on...we will support you.

can always email me if u need someone to talk
happy.gif

each and every mommy faces different set of problems when bb comes..but am sure we will feel happy whenever our bb smiles at u....

Thanks, ladies. My gynae too spoke to me when I saw her yesterday...

at least my mil has faced how powerful XT is.... she was so cranky yesterday afternoon at MIL's place while I came back home rest n to visit gynae. MIL had to carry her whole afternoon though SIL tried to help.. but XT didn't like SIL's way of carry n cried.. so ended MIL couldn't do anything...

She said she couldn't handle XT twice to me.. n my hb informed her tat in tat case'd ask my mom.. yet, after speaking 2 my sil, think she's a bit kou si xin fei.. I dun want later my mom really quit the job n then my mil dun want to let go XT.

Wonder y all in laws like tat...

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.. really nd one.. but somehow dun dare 2 make phone calls to friends as everyone is working n dun want to disturb others with my prob.

Koalarie, dont worry, u will go thru think phase. Like what u told me think positively. At least now yr hubby is sort of convince that yr mum can take care better... and plus yr MIL got so much health issue herself, its better she take care of herself first. =) We all stay at Sengkang/ Ponggol area, so if u need our ears we can meet somewhere and then chit chat and forget our woes. hehe.

U see, currently there are 6 of us living in my MIL place. My hubby took the smallest room coz he knew he's gonna move out once we got married... and the room is really v small.. with al his things around, there's only a "L" shape walking space for us. Not even enough to put the playpen in let alone BB's stuff.... Space is really a issue. My MIL once suggested to put the BB's playpen in the living room but I strongly disagree on that coz my BIL has a dog and his cage is also in the living room. I cannot convince myself to let my BB sleep next to a dog.

Hi Koalarie,

Don't worry to call yr frens if u just need someone to talk to... I'm sure they will understand. Any mummies would understand how it feels like during the intial stage after delivery.

I'm also 'supporting' u fm far far away.... take care ok?

Kaolarie
Jia You! You can always post here and we are always here to 'listen' ... My bb also very 'powerful'. My mum used to be a babysitter and she has never met any bb as 'powerful' as my boy. Hahaha ... my mum says that now she has to be 'tortured' by her own grandson ...

paranoidmummy,
thx. Tot of placing bb zzz'g with u two?

Used 2 let bb to zzz in cot but too difficult to take care of her n place her on our bed instead.

Really thx to all of u.

Didn't expect tix sort of blues on me... Nv tot I can't handle stress. Stress at work was nothing n in fact i found challenging working more than 24hours and being activated to fly ard every now and then.. but taking care of bb... really sweat.

Can't wait for XT to b 3months old.. but by then, I'd b back 2 work.

Mikel,
frm ur say'g ... i guess our bbs nowadays take too many good nutrients when they re in our stomachs n when they re born n so they re really SMART in torturing us n getting things they want.

I'm so happy 2day.. my parents re flying back 2nite.

BTW any of u n ur bbs find the weather nowadays really dry??? XT n my nose are super sensitive n she breathed heavily n brought her to see Dr Tan tix morning. A pity can't see the muscus. But definitely dry for both of us.

Dear all, me need help. EDD in late Aug and now last min, my MIL cannot take leave to help me so I need to find a gd confinement lady to help me during day time. Perhaps come in the morning and leave at night. I dun need them to stay in. Prepare my meals and take care of BB and me. Anyone got any to recommend me? prefer the CL to stay in sengkang area... easier for her.. pls email me at [email protected] with the contacts and rate. Thanks.

morning mummies! me back full-time in office. so sian. miss my boy!

koalarie, me also quarrelled (a lot!) w hubby during first 2 mths. all cos of bb. he also said he working but i not. hear already even more fed up.
but u've been v brave already, come so far. so hang in there!!!
just come this thread and 'download' ur troubles! we are all listening...

Caymom, Cay's DOB?
happy.gif

Phoebesmum & Stephenniris, gals' name & DOB?
Tattybear, email address?

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>Mummies' Nick</TD><TD>Kids' Name</TD><TD>Kids' DOB</TD><TD>Kids' Age</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>anissa</TD><TD>Clarence</TD><TD>22/08/05</TD><TD>9m 07d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains </TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>apricot</TD><TD>Aston </TD><TD>19/04/03</TD><TD>3y 01m 10d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>beluga</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>06/12/05</TD><TD>5m 23d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>WFHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>caymom</TD><TD>Cay</TD><TD>01/05/05</TD><TD>1y 00m 28d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>chiart</TD><TD>Javier</TD><TD>03/12/04</TD><TD>1y 05m 26d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Fiona (funkychick)</TD><TD>Joshua</TD><TD>03/12/04</TD><TD>1y 05m 26d</TD><TD>Buangkok Link</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>7</TD><TD>flolai (mashimaro771)</TD><TD>Zavier Tan</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>1y 00m 08d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>8</TD><TD>ilim</TD><TD>Keagan</TD><TD>21/02/06</TD><TD>3m 08d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>9</TD><TD>jadonmum</TD><TD>Jadon</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>6m 25d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10</TD><TD>Jan06Mum</TD><TD>Glenna</TD><TD>05/01/06</TD><TD>4m 24d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11</TD><TD>Jas</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>~ 15/07/06 ~</TD><TD>counting down</TD><TD>Sengkang East Way</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12</TD><TD>Jen</TD><TD>Jeannieve</TD><TD>11/12/04</TD><TD>1y 05m 18d</TD><TD>Anchovale Rd</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>13</TD><TD>kiami</TD><TD>Aeron</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>11m 18d</TD><TD>Anchovale Rd</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>14</TD><TD>Koalarie (evonlimsy)</TD><TD>Xuan Ting</TD><TD>11/04/06</TD><TD>1m 18d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>15</TD><TD>lauran</TD><TD>Yu Ping</TD><TD>21/08/03</TD><TD>2y 09m 08d</TD><TD>Compassvale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Yu An</TD><TD>21/07/05</TD><TD>10m 08d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>16</TD><TD>linda</TD><TD>Dawn</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>1y 00m 09d</TD><TD>Punggol Central</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>17</TD><TD>linsaw</TD><TD>Denzil</TD><TD>31/08/05</TD><TD>8m 28d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>mikel</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>14/01/06</TD><TD>4m 15d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>Temp SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>19</TD><TD>mooon</TD><TD>Aeden</TD><TD>26/09/05</TD><TD>8m 03d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>20</TD><TD>MTDT </TD><TD>Zavier </TD><TD>~ 07/07/06 ~</TD><TD>counting down</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>21</TD><TD>mum05</TD><TD>Girl-private</TD><TD>01/01/05</TD><TD>1y 04m 28d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>Freelance</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>22</TD><TD>newss</TD><TD>Keith</TD><TD>22/04/04</TD><TD>2y 01m 07d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>23</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">phoebesmum</font></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/01/06</TD><TD>4m 28d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Dr</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>paranoidmummy</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>~ 16/07/06 ~</TD><TD>counting down</TD><TD>Anchovale Rd</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>samval</TD><TD>Valerie </TD><TD>26/10/01</TD><TD>4y 07m 03d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Kimberly </TD><TD>08/07/05</TD><TD>10m 21d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>serene (soffie)</TD><TD>Brandon</TD><TD>07/01/06</TD><TD>4m 22d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>sharon (gracemum)</TD><TD>Sabrina</TD><TD>20/09/05</TD><TD>8m 09d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>28</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">stephenniris</font></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>5m 28d</TD><TD>Punggol Central</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>tanlengleng</TD><TD>Athena</TD><TD>22/05/04</TD><TD>2y 00m 07d</TD><TD>Compassvale Rd</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Besper</TD><TD>21/12/05</TD><TD>5m 08d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>30</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">tattybear</font></TD><TD>Raphael</TD><TD>16/10/05</TD><TD>7m 13d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>Temp SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>taurus76</TD><TD>Le Xuan</TD><TD>01/03/06</TD><TD>2m 28d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>violet_blaze</TD><TD>Yi Xuan</TD><TD>24/07/02</TD><TD>3y 10m 05d</TD><TD>Compassvale Walk</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Feng Kai</TD><TD>09/02/06</TD><TD>3m 20d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>Wendy (cpj)</TD><TD>Joshua</TD><TD>01/03/04</TD><TD>2y 02m 28d</TD><TD>Compassvale Street</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Jerome</TD><TD>06/03/06</TD><TD>2m 23d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>34</TD><TD>yvonne (geoks)</TD><TD>Hunter</TD><TD>24/01/05</TD><TD>1y 04m 05d</TD><TD>Fernvale Link</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

If u wish to join the list, pls send ur details to me:
- Mummy Nick
- Kid's Name
- Kid's Gender
- Kid's DOB
- Blk No &amp; Street Name (Only Street Name will be published)
- Job
- Email address
- MSN address

Hi morning ladies....

had not been feeling too well recently, so seldom come online. How's everything?

beluga,
so who's taking care of you bb now?
happy.gif
happy working!

linda, u feeling better?? me was sick last week too.... flu bug

my mum is looking after my boy but it's siong. i take 1 day at a time first....

beluga
ya, was recovering now...thanks! my hb passed the flu n cough to me and my baby too, poor girl...she's still having running nose n cough leh, had been eating very little these few days!
sad.gif

Is your mum staying with you?

ilim,
yes. I used 2 travel ard since was working in ministry of foreign affairs n thus require me to fly ard to support sgp embassies and occasionally delegations.

But quit the job in april last year after see no improvement frm the team i was with. the boss simply expoited us.. i was practically doing every single IT support n always got activated over weekends or public holidays when systems were down n could not get the main support. There was also times where I got to fly over to tix place in short time twice juz becoz of users there complain of systems prob n my boss couldn't handle him. Sigh.

Yet, think those days were really fun.. esp travelling ard. After work overseas, I enjoyed going ard myself. =p

Mrs Chng,
Think TMC has such daytime confinement service. Heard from my thread mommies.. u may want to call parentcraft n find out? Or some agencies on newspapers?

beluga,
thx. Hate 2 argue tix such small thing with him. Wish we could survive tix. Now, the whole hse is so damn messy though got PTM to help up on Sat.

I ve the urge to give up my chinchillas too.. feel bad tat i couldn't've much time to play with them n if alone at home, I can't go play else their fur will stick to my clothes n if XT cries, I need to attend immediately to XT. Dunno how..

Linda,
Take care lor.

Me n XT ve really sensitive noses that she was feeling uncomfortable while i found my nose super dry.. Thank goodness it rained over the weekend n the air is much better.

koalarie,
messy house: i learnt to accept a house that's reasonably clean and not to expect a spick and span home. mess is a fact of life for me now. heh. i just try to pick up whenever i can. sometimes bo chup, zzz more impt!

Linda.
Hope you get well soon. Take care.
I also down with sore throat last week,and then my ger also down with fever last 2 days also, think due to teething.

beluga.

Ya . Who's taking care of BB ??

Sharon, koalarie
Thanks!

beluga, koalarie
me too, house had been very messy ever since my baby is born...hahaha! guess it's quite normal lah, been trying my best to keep the house as neat as possible but sometimes also bo chup lah...

hi everyone
good afternoon. bad monday...tiring and sleepy
sad.gif

hi beluga
nice meeting u last thur
happy.gif

hi linda
do take good care. guess these days the virus are stronger? the last i fell sick, it lasted for around 3 weeks!

hi koalarie
bet your parents are back already. good to have extra help
do post in the forum for anything..or email to me
happy.gif

talking about cleanliness of the house, sigh, always a bother with this. i also try as much as possible to clean the house..but sometimes also don bother hehe..

so tired...my boy depleted my energy over the weekend

sharon,
my mum's taking care of my boy. but i go back during lunch. only 2nd day but v tired liao. argh. wonder how long i can tahan...

joleena,
could have chatted more but my boy was making noise lah... hope u feel better today!!!

Beluga,

WOW! Sooo good ! still can go back to see your BB, your working place is it very near to your Mum house?? haha i also can see my ger thro wedcam..

beluga
wow...your work plc so near your mum's plc huh? hahaha..so good, still can go back during lunch!!

hi mummies,
Have a nice day!
happy.gif

hello mommies
good morning. hope today will be a better day for everyone
happy.gif

beluga
itz okie...no worries..we can always chat more in the forum..or organise a gathering? hehe...
am better already
happy.gif
thanks
so envious of you...still can go back during lunch hour to see your boy

this morning when i left, suddenly have the urge to be a SAHM haha..and keep my boy company

joleena
me got the same feeling every morning leh..hehehe! had been hinting my hubby i wana stay at home but seems like quite tough leh... sigh
sad.gif

sharon, linda, joleena,
ya quite near office about $7 cab ride away... tiring... but worth it!

i everyday thinking of being SAHM.... hehe same same

Hi, beluga, linda, joleena

I wondering the gathering @ pungool, is it still on or not ?
because is only 4 of us liao. Hope got more mommy to join in
happy.gif

Joleena,
Shoes will reached on sat but i can't go poshies house because i'm working on sat. Poshies will pass all shoes to another mommy., then i will meet her @ pasir ris
sad.gif

wow $7 cab ride away? hehe...so u are planning to do that everyday?

sharon,
wow reached on sat
happy.gif
am so happy about that...cant wait to see the shoes.
oh meet in pasir ris? thanks so much for your help to collect the shoes.

for the gathering, hmm..am not sure either. maybe the timing is rather early? or meet for tea?

Joleena,
yap. my parents re back n so definitely felt way better n secure. brought my gal 2 mom's place in noon time n they took care of XT while hb n I went do some grocery shopping n after that, came back 2 mom's place n rested. Throughtout, my mom took care of XT.

Somehow, juz felt tat XT b much better taken care by my mom than mil. But really dun want to hurt mil. Today, will let hb ask mil again (Heehee.. me place XT over to mil's place again 2day.. so see whether she really can dahan.. dun want later I ask my mom take care n she nagged to others that I dun let her take care of XT)

Re: Messy house
Really can't dahan leh. I can't stand dust.. ahhh.. n my chins re shedding fur like free like tat..

Re: Gathering
I wish to join in.. but really no confident bringing her so far.. currently only downstairs my block walk walk alone. Dun think hb want to join in... he's too shy to meet up. =p

Re: Motherhood Exhibition
Any of u going 2morrow???? 2morrow starting leh.. Me felt like going.. but muz find excuse 2 ask mil 2 take care of XT.. dun think bringing XT to tix place is good esp there may b lots of ppl.

But if any of u go... pls share what u see or what's value for $ there at exhibition.. k?? Mayb go on Sun after placing XT with my mom.

Re: SAHM
Unless strike Toto 1st prize, dun think I got the luxury 2 b one. Living on only one earnings is really hard especially in a society of nowadays. Oil prices still increasing n transportation price hike was halted recently but may go up yet again.

Belgua,
u so on.. travel like tat to see bb... so good... i was thinking if XT becomes weekend bb n being taken care by my mom, how I should go to ensure she doesn't forget me.. I stay in SK n work in Raffles place while my mom in Jurong area.

Re: Tongue white white
Any of u noe excatly how to remove or clean the white white thing on the tongue?

I clean XT's tongue every time bathing but still got.. n my friend, mom n mil all said muz remove as tix covers the taste bud of the milk n so bb doesn't drink more milk.

True or not??

Kaolarie
Did you use glycerin to clean it? It's sold in pharmacies, must be 100% pure glycerin. Just dap a little on a gauze and rub on your bb's tongue few times.

So many mummies want to be SAHM??? I can't wait to go back to work though I will definitely miss my boy. I'm not those who can be housewife and stay at home to cook, clean and look after bb.

beluga
$7 daily, to/fro also not cheap leh...hahaha!

mikel
so how's your interview?
but i think most of us wana be SAHM, cos after going back to work, really find that we had only little time for our babies. Sometimes need to stay late, sometimes feel very tired after a long day at work, not much energy left for them liao! Will feel very guilty one leh....
crazy.gif

mikel, not everyone cld hv e best of both worlds leh.
Take me for an example, I'm not one who can stay at home whole day juz looking after a kid, cook for her n such but I dun hv a MIL &amp; my mum is too old liao(she's almost 70yrs old, give her a break lah lolz), so I hv no choice but to sacrifice alot of my work juz to tend to her. Plus, I'm one who wld prefer my own style and wldn't like to clash wif anyone on this. Though my sis will come help to look after her when I hv work but I feel paiseh always asking her, so I'm now cutting down my work again.
However, no regrets on this though it means lesser income on my part but during those times when she's not well &amp; was cranky, weaning off "B" and dur those difficult teething period, both my husband &amp; I felt that there juz wont be anyone who cld give e same amt of love/care/patience to her no matter how close e person is in relation to us or how much that person loves children, it's juz different...

I juz happend to chance upon another thread y/day and saw wat 2 mommies had posted which I tot to share here as they reflect quite well on my tots
happy.gif
:
~ I am reading this new published book "Raising Babies - Should children under 3 goes to nursery" which u can get it at Kinokuniya. Apparantly the recent research has found not to send your children to nursery until they r 3 or much later when they are ready for group setting. Babies/toddlers need a one to one care/attention as it is very important that they have a secure &amp; consistent environment and most importantly, the caretaker must love the child &amp; provide positive reponses whenever the child needs it. Mum been the caretaker is the best, followed by a childminder i.e. nanny, family member, etc who will love the child. the most important thing for the child (below 3) to learn is emotive skills (this will help them to have lesser behavioursal problems). Once they have that, they can pick up cognative &amp; literacy skills very fast when they attend pre-school. Group setting environment is only beneficial for children after 3.
For mums who have sent the kids to infant centre, you may want to check on the staff if they respond to your baby's cries immediately &amp; how your baby go through the day. it may be different from how they report to you. Staff turnover rate is also something to watch out.

~ hi, well, i m a SAHM too. I personally thk tat if mother can take care of their kids will be veri great. Taking care of children, must find someone who loves the children veri much. Of coz mother will love their children veri much. So mother to take care is the best choice. Everything we spend, we have to measure whether it is neccessary. Try to cut dwn unnecessary expenses. I did try to hire a maid, and change 3 maids, none is capable of taking care of kids. Nanny is a gd choice too. But veri difficult to find one who is gd.

juz sharing my tots, hehehe
happy.gif

on the topic of SAHM...
currently i'm getting to experience what it feels like!
Its an emotionally and physically demanding 24 hour job!
I don't feel so tired even when i'm at WORK.

My day starts when my baby wakes. And when he's is sleepin, i've gotta do the thousand and one things in the house, prepare his food, wash the dirty clothings, pack and clean the house just to make sure he has a clean environment to play.
I also realised that i've little time to myself. sometimes no time to go toliet too! (Big biz i mean hehe :p) and shower time is a hush hush affair for me now in the day, i can be in the bath room for 1/2 an hr usually! haha

my baby demands me of my time 24 hours a day. unlike work, you can switch off if you are lucky after you leave the office!

But all these 'suffering' are rewarded with my baby's smile, and when he's growing well and healthy everyday and also, i feel emotionally very happy to spend time with him.
i'm also less cranky to hubby! haha

i hope i can spend time with him too once i get a better job with stable hours.

I salute to all SAHM now. you are the greatest!!!

tattybear,
right. Excatly... I too salute the SAHMs. Really not easy task.

the only enjoyable thing i always look 4ward is when XT "talks" to me or smiles when I talk to her.

Mikel,
tix glycerin is safe on bb? How often do we ve to clean the tongue?

aLthough I haven got Bb yet, but I wish to share on being SAHM.

I decided to quit my job because when I first learnt that I was preg I was at risk of threaten abortion.. and my boss was not tat understanding towards mummies... hence I quited thinking that I could look for part time or temp jobs, but i tried for a few mths, nobody seems to be interested in hiring me. Eventually I gave up.

Staying at home now really kinds of bored me, sometimes I hope that my BB faster come out so that he will acc me. My hubby is not always at home coz he had to work extra since I am not working. Sometimes I get depressed and thought I am useless and was a burden to him... when no $$ I dare not even ask from him.

Even up to now, with house, reno, furnishing and BB coming together, I get stressed up w $ get cannot do anything to help. I still feel not v good but dare not talk to him abt it, coz i dun wan him to worry. For now, I can only post online to let u gers know my feelings.

As for after delivery, I will still have to be SAHM until my boy is 18 mths to put him into chldcare. Infant care is too ex and I not really trust the caregives, like what other mums share no one loves the BB more than the mother. Have to continue to worry abt finances and also if i am still "employable" by the time my boy is 18mths... haiz..

Joleena,
ya, me planning to chiong back everyday. dunno how long i can 'tong'! but i guess i'll get used to it...

Koalarie,
me also scared my boy forget me. but i tell myself that while i'm away, my boy learns independence. and i try to talk to him and spend time w him after work.

linda,
ya, each day spend about 15-16 on cab fare, depends on driver! haha!

mum05,
seems that book is pro what i think is called 'attachment parenting'. some ang mohs believe in letting bbs 'cry it out' so that they learn to soothe themselves. me, i cant stand bb crying. so heartbreaking. me pro attachment parenting. EQ is impt. once EQ is mastered, the rest comes easy...

Re: SAHM
it's a 24/7 job. but i prefer it cos to me, the rewards are tremendous. sometimes my job quite yucky. not so satisfying but wat to do, for the $...

Jen,
ur girl loves the pool huh? hehe, so cutie!

paranoidmummy,
ya, i also dun like the part about asking hubby for $. i like to have earning power.
dont get depressed. think there are some data entry things u can do from home. i see these in the papers. mayb u can try? then earn a bit of $, dun feel so bad. me will try that if i decide to be SAHM... keke
but i think u should not worry about not being 'employable' after 18mths. if u have the will, there will b a way. just enjoy your time w BB first, other things later then say. at least that is what i intend to do if i become SAHM...

paranoidmummy,
don't lose heart. its tbe biggest sacrifice a
mother can do to your child as a SAHM.

if stayin at home bores you, one recommendation is to read up on educational materials on baby development.
This way you will be ready mentally and emotionally by the time your baby arrives.

and also maybe can take up some partime course of your interest?

SAHM:
I really enjoy being a SAHM, i can see my boy learn new things everyday n it always surprise me to see tht he can do this n tht... but it's tiring though cos it's 24/7 n i do get bored at times so i'll bring him go gai gai lor...

koalarie
U can get those glycerin sticks from MT A or KK but MT A r cheaper it's $0.45 per pkt n there's 3 sticks in it.

koalarie
Yup, can get it from the pharmacy at Mt A. I find tht using the sticks is better it's thinner not like our finger so thick hahaha...

Hi,

I'm a WAHM staying in Rivervale Drive.
HOpe to know more mummies around my area. I have a boy(4y.o) and a girl(1y.o).

Cheers!
Mandy

dear mummies,
was at CP yest. they having this Winnie the Pooh event there.
and there's live shows featuring Pooh n friends.
bring your toddlers there!
happy.gif

Linda
No news yet ...
kao_frustrated.gif

Kaolarie
It's safe for babies. I didn't use sticks, I just use my little finger when he is younger. Now I use index finger.

Wah ... Winnie the Pooh ... I like leh but my boy too young to appreciate ...

FurLover
kao_welcome.gif

Back