Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Dear Superwoman. I had the same issue. Blood tests revealed that I was a Thalassemia Minor. Luckily hubby's blood tests for Thalassemia were negative. I know the waiting can be very painful. I will pray that your hubby does not have it. Have faith!

Superwoman...yup in my tww now.. everyday do nothing but eat n sleep... going to be fat fat...haha....

Dun worry k.. everything will be fine.. when ur hubby going for bt?

Hi pantieileen, u said that u had swollen and dialated tubes. Does that refer to hydrosalpinx? Is it one side or both sides? Can TCM cure this condition?

Yup hydrosalpinx, my cyst was on my left ovary and Fallopian tube. TCM can't treat this. Apparently TCM can only treat if the blockage is at the middle or end part nearer to uterus. Near to ovary no hope. As good as useless so in my case, I had it removed after I did extensive research. Must 600% check after PC Wong suggest. Thought I could not feel like woman again and once removed cannot attach back. It's not like I tied it. Or I should listen to Prof Yam and Dr Sadhana (KKH) and leave it alone.

Until today, my left ovary is still attached to my large intestines. Dr Fong couldn't detach it and he feared I would lose my entire left ovary, so left it there. And during IVF stimulation, although left ovary was producing lesser and smaller eggs, not as productive as right ovary and couldn't hang lower than the right, PC Wong still managed to obtain some eggs from the left.

Yup hydrosalpinx, my cyst was on my left ovary and Fallopian tube. TCM can't treat this. Apparently TCM can only treat if the blockage is at the middle or end part nearer to uterus. Near to ovary no hope. As good as useless so in my case, I had it removed after I did extensive research. Must 600% check after PC Wong suggest. Thought I could not feel like woman again and once removed cannot attach back. It's not like I tied it. Or I should listen to Prof Yam and Dr Sadhana (KKH) and leave it alone.

Until today, my left ovary is still attached to my large intestines. Dr Fong couldn't detach it and he feared I would lose my entire left ovary, so left it there. And during IVF stimulation, although left ovary was producing lesser and smaller eggs, not as productive as right ovary and couldn't hang lower than the right, PC Wong still managed to obtain some eggs from the left.
I have hydro on both tubes... I'm not sure abt the position and I am lost on what to do.. Prof only suggest removing both tubes... Can I ask, what was the size of the swelling u had?

Fallopian tube measuring 7cm long, mildly dilated near fimbrial end up to 0.8cm in diameter. Fimbrial end was dilated.
Sections confirmed presence of non-inflamed tube dilated at fimbrial end. Mild fibrosis present, no granulomas are seen. features compatible with hydrosalpinx.

Also removed a cervical polyp, benign non-dysplastic polyp composer of glands that display secretory activity and a stromal component that show edema, spindly appearing cells, blood vessels and mild inflammation. No endocervical fibrous stroma seen. Polyp most likely derived from lower uterine segment.

Before my op, I told Prof and Dr to check every spare part, anything can replace new parts replace on the spot if not removed if deemed cancerous since I'm already under GA.

I believed u must have done HSG right? Got a CD? Can U tell where is the clog? Nearer to ovary or uterus or middle?

Last edited:
Hi miraclez, Maomi shared w me previously that she ate durian during the time of implantation. She also warned not to overeat cos can be heaty.... Drink more water to clear the sore throat :)

Fallopian tube measuring 7cm long, mildly dilated near fimbrial end up to 0.8cm in diameter. Fimbrial end was dilated.
Sections confirmed presence of non-inflamed tube dilated at fimbrial end. Mild fibrosis present, no granulomas are seen. features compatible with hydrosalpinx.

Also removed a cervical polyp, benign non-dysplastic polyp composer of glands that display secretory activity and a stromal component that show edema, spindly appearing cells, blood vessels and mild inflammation. No endocervical fibrous stroma seen. Polyp most likely derived from lower uterine segment.

Before my op, I told Prof and Dr to check every spare part, anything can replace new parts replace on the spot if not removed if deemed cancerous since I'm already under GA.

I believed u must have done HSG right? Got a CD? Can U tell where is the clog? Nearer to ovary or uterus or middle?
Hi pantieileen,
My HSG test was done last year and result is fine. When I wanted to start Ivf this year, prof suspect block so i went fora ultrasound scan. Report only say:

Internal structure: tubular space, cystic and interconnecting positive in the wall
Diagnosis : hydrosalpinx (likely)
Other comments: stuck to the left posterior wall of the uterus.

I do not have a cd of my detailed scan. All I have is the description above. Not sure on the position of the clog based on report... If I didnt interpret wrongly, its the end of the tube, closer to uterus..

Hi again, yr tcm told u tat blockage at the middle of Fallopian tube aNd nearer to uterus can be treated? My tcm say no guarantee though, but I'm trying.

Hi ladies, I have been a silent reader of this thread. Failed my 1st fresh wif Prof last june..now waiting for my aug AF to come before i can start my nor-e. IVF really has messed up my cycle..longer cycle now..Planning to start my 2nd fresh this sept cycle..hope to have cycle buddies around..

Welcome Anie & Miric..i also have both blocked tubes, grossly swollen due endo. Did lap to clip both tubes since their condition were bad. IVF is also the only way for me too.:(

Seeing dr zhao frm raffles to do acupuncture to prepare for next "battle" but currently shes away on MC. Seeing dr ou temporarily. Going to see her tmr. Wonder if shes good? Anyone seeing dr ou?

Superwoman, I pray & hope ur hb is not a carrier..have faith allrite..take care..

Hello Syrian welcome and good luck for your upcoming appointment with Prof.

Rest of the ladies - have a good week ahead.

Miraclez - Don't overdo the durians if its not working for you :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you dear. Did you implant 1 or 2 embies?

Welcome Anie, Syrian and Miric!

Superwoman, have faith okay? I hope your DH (Superwoman's) is tested negative. I didnt realise that thlssmia is quite common. My DH is a thlssmia minor, but luckily I am not a carrier. Sara, one of the forumers here, and her DH are both carriers. So they are having a difficult journey now.

Syrian: My first fresh cycle is in Sept. We can be cycle buddies!!! ;)

Maomi: Take care okay?

Pantieileen: Just to confirm, you did acupuncture everyday before ER? Wow! :)

cheeka - coming up very soon! Exciting! Is this your first? (sorry if you've already told us before).

Pantieileen: Just to confirm, you did acupuncture everyday before ER? Wow! :)

Ya i did everyday, 30min daily 1-2weeks before egg retrieval, paused for 1day (egg retrieval op) then continue daily until embryo implantation.
Actually the moment i started the jabs to stimulate ovulation

Morning Ladies...

CMR.. thanks..I transferred 2 embbies... you back to work today? hope everything is fine at work...

Welcome Syrian...

Ladies - I just read on another thread that some ladies who gotten a BFP have been taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. Has anyone here had any experience with it?

Miraclez - yup back to work today. Only my boss knows that I went for IVF - just told the rest that it was a procedure so didn't have any uncomfortable moments :) Will be seeing Prof for review this Fri. Take care of yourself dear!

CMR,I am taking that even before IVF, but no news. No harm taking to supplement. I personally think that all boils down to the quality of egg and also the condition of the womb and many other factors.

Hope - so true! Do check back in after your apt with Prof - let me know how it goes - hopefully u get a slot soon for your FET :)

Hope - ya came on Sat (day 3 after BFN) :( still have occasional cries but otherwise I am much better than last week.

@CMR : Go for a short holiday. You'll feel better. I went to Tokyo for a shopping spree after my IVF in May, went to temples there to pray. Sort of forgotten all the pains of IVF by the time i started eating sashimi, tempura and steak daily.

Welcome Syrian and thanks for the encouragement ladies.. Now I can only hope that my hub is not a carrier. Hope everything is fine for Sara too.

CMR: Yes, it's coming soon. It's my first IVF cycle. Quite scared actually... :oops: I know what to expect, but knowing and feeling it is totally two different thing.
~big hugs~ try not to dwell on failures yah... Let us all move forward! Stand up after we fall... Personally, I have set a "goal". If I tried 3 fresh cycles and they all fail, then perhaps I am fated not to have my own children. But it doesn't and will not stop me from adopting children, maybe those less fortunate ones, or volunteer in children homes or sunday school, or even one day, set up an orphanage or schools for the less privileged. (Hahahhah.... so ambitious of me).
Regarding blackmores, I tried before. But my stomach cant take it. Will feel bloated and want to vomit after taking it. If you want to try, remember to eat right after a full meal!

Cheeka and pantieileen - Thank you so much ladies. I've taken about 6 weeks off work for retrieval and my FET so need to be kinder to my colleagues who have backed me up. yes onward and forward :) have a great day ladies.

Good Morning Everyone!!! :D Today is going to be a Good Day!

Superwoman, let us know your DH's blood test result okay once it's out. There's nothing we can do now but have faith and pray a lot...

CMR, wow! 6 weeks off! So nice to have so many days of leave! So... when are you going back to work?

HI Cheeka - already back at work since Monday so cant take time off to go for a break although I want to :)

Hi sisters, need some help... if my cycle of IVF is in Nov, when should i start taking Nor-e?
btw, for information, Prof is on leave on the following dates:

6/9 - 8/9,
11/10 - 20/10 and
10/11 - 24/11

HI tsf - they started me on Nor-e 2 months before. but I know it has differed for a few sisters on this thread. THanks so much for giving us the heads up on Prof's leave. Useful info!

Tsf..you need to start taking nor-e on cd 18.. n depend on how long prof prescribe u with.. during ur next appt with prof u let him know u hope that ur cycle is done when he is around.. then he will calculate for you. . I did that too..=)

Tsf..you need to start taking nor-e on cd 18.. n depend on how long prof prescribe u with.. during ur next appt with prof u let him know u hope that ur cycle is done when he is around.. then he will calculate for you. . I did that too..=)
So the medication should start day 18 of oct cycle right??

Hi miraclez,

Sorry I'm confused right now. Another better way to ask is eg. If 1st jab start in nov means it is regarded as Nov cycle?

Hi CMR and all, good evening!
Went out the whole day and find it hard to update via iPhone. Just seen Prof today, natural FET in September, transfer shd be end Sept if all goes well.

Tsf, have they given u the NorE already? If so, can call CHR to check w the nurses for instruction.
Based on my cycle, my stim began in July, 9th July to be exact. I took my NorE on cd18 of my June cycle, which was on the 26th. Here's the breakdown for ur reference. May not be the same but thought it will give u an overview of what is going to happen.

26 June - started NorE for 9 days ( Duration differs from individual)
4 July - last day on NorE ( not too sure abt this, but it seems like Prof sees us 5 days later after last NorE) , so my appointment to see him was on 9th.
9 July - see Prof for scan and blood test. All clear, started Gonal F
Stimulation w Gonal-F.... Add on Cetrotide to prevent ovulation and continue w Gonal F, last to administer Suprefact to trigger and be ready for egg retrieval 3 days later.
22 July - egg retrieval
29 July - egg transfer
7 Aug - BT

Hi hopemiracle and miraclez! Great help thanks!! I'm given nor-e two mths ago... Can't start in aug cos CHR have closure so will do another scan in sept before determining whether to start fresh cycle or nt. will need to start nor-e this mth : )

Hello Ladies

Found this thread while google for FET and felt lot of warms shared among all ladies after reading it. I am a failed IVF with Prof PC Wong in Jan 2013. Tested that I was pregnant but lost the embryos on my 2nd blood test. Doc said it is a biochemical pregnancy. It is big disappointment to my husband & myself.

As i have frozen 2 embryos, I have decided to try my luck again. Today is my Day 7 of taking mercilon and i am also taking chinese herb + doing acupuncture with Dr Zou since last year. Do anyone have anything to share on FET?

*high five* Cheeka!
Just hope I have ovulating cycle and the lining is good :)

Welcome orange-tigger :)
Glad u have rested enough and taken the courage to try again... Jia you! Embbies waiting to be united :)
I just failed my fresh... Currently taking a break from IVF-drilling before i try again next month. If u have gone through the threads, basically I think most sisters here go for acupuncture, take Brazil nuts, eat egg white, drink immunocal, eat durian etc etc...I have not gone thru FET, so won't be able to share abt it. Or maybe u would like to drop by the general thread where there are sistas from KK, TFC... That may help too.
when is ur embryo transfer? Aug?

Hope - go for it!! Sept is next month! Glad he gave you the slot next month and not so much later. Mine will probably be medicated since my ovulation dates aren't regular. Did he give you nor-e or not?

Good morning ladies! Rise & shine!

Cheeka & Hope: Yay! We are gonna be cycle buddies in sept cycle. But im worried tat my aug AF might be delayed. Supposed to call CHR to start nor-e once my aug AF comes. But up till now no news. My normal cycle usually ard 28 days but my previous cycle took 35 days. IVF really has messed up my cycle. Do u gals encounter this?

Hope: thanks for the info abt nor-e.. Very informative esp for those like me trying nor-e for the 1st time..

Tsf: thanks for the info on Prof's AL..btw hows ur progress going on? Wat did prof suggest abt ur tubes? My blockage was nearer to the ovaries & tubes condition are bad. I agreed tat tcm will take very very long & no guarantee. Tats y i went for lap since i cant wait any longer. My amh is low due to endo. Low for my age as well..:(

Abt blacksmore conceive well pills..confirm cant eat on empty stomach. I took it before leaving for work and throughout my journey to work in the mrt, felt so nauseous & stomach queasy..terrible feeling..luckily didnt vomit in mrt..

Btw i went to see Dr Ou frm raffles since Dr Zhao on mc last mon. Found tat Dr Ou not bad. Although she seems stern but overall ok. Said my blood circulation no good..anyone kena this before?

Morning Morning!
Wonderful... this thread is alive again *happy happy*

CMR, Sept cycle but cos it is natural FET, everything is v dependent on my body. Though I always have regular cycle, I hope the stim last month has not made it go haywire ... No Nor-E given. Nor-E is prob given only for fresh when Prof 'primes' the cycle, so that he can determine when to start stim and also regulate the growth of the follicles. So not required for FET.
Keep us posted about your next FET after ur appt on Fri...hehe, maybe you can also join the Sept buddying :)

Syrian, dun mention. That is the purpose of sharing on forum. I was also quite lost but the sisters here helped enlighten along the way. But no worries, cos Prof and the CHR nurses will guide u step by step. Just ask them questions if unsure. One thing v impt is u must track ur own calendar for appointment for scans and bloodtest... that one no one can help lia :p
U mean after ur fresh cycle your immediate mensus becomes longer or since ur fresh cycle, your mensus becomes longer? I see many had this same issue from another thread for the immediate mensus, very likely due to hormones in the body which takes time to clear. Both CMR and I started AF about 3 days after we stopped all support...for me, I v garang la... I had some beer w my friends on National Day, not sure if that cools my body and thus AF flows... this is not scientific, so dun take my word

Summary: September cycle buddies so far - Cheeka, Orange-Tigger, maybe Syrian & Hope!

Cheerz!

Yes this thread is finally alive!! Nor-e was also given to me under medicated FET protocol so I guess natural FET is different. Good luck to all sisters going through FET in Sep :)

Back