Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Gigi - I starts taking chinese herbs since last year. Pros - I hardly fall sick and feel my immune system is strong. I do believe the herb does help me in achieving 4 blastocyst and able to do 5-days transfer for my IVF. Cons - I have friends who fall sick after taking herb as their body finds it is too heaty. Also, it is a heavy investment.

Syrian - Thanks for sharing with me on your thought. Great mind think alike. I have decided to do acupuncture after ET too.

Straw 1 - Welcome You can wear slipper at home (especially your floor is marble) and wear sock when you are sleeping. This will protect your leg. This advice is taught when I consult my TCM. It is important to keep our feet warm at all times.

Orange , Hope, CMR, Cheeka: Thanks for the support ladies. Miracles do happen. I was at wits end and thought all doors were closed on me. But then lord closed the window but opened his doors for me. So thankful.

Superwoman: I was suspected alpha thalassemia trait. So they asked hubby BT n he also suspect alpha thalessemia trait. So I went for detailed BT and confirmed no thalassemia. I don't knw abt minor. Sorry. But be hopeful. If hubby clear u can straightaway go with ivf. Will pray for u.

Sara .. No worries. If hub is all clear then easier for us. But if he's not, then I will go for the detailed test too.

Welcome straw1.. I have cold hands and feet too easily and after taking tcm, my condition has improved a lot. Here's my recipe for the longan red date tea:

Water - 1ltr
Red dates - 20 pcs (or more it's up to you but do soak them first)
Longan - 10 pcs (it's Heaty in nature so don't put too much)

Boil the water first, then add in the red dates and simmer for 10 mins. Then add in longans and rock sugar or black sugar (according to taste) and simmer for 20-30 mins. You can add in wolf berries or dang sheng (bu qi) too.

Last edited:
Orange,,, I started wearing sock in office today, I think I looked weird coz my collegues asking me over and over, but don't need to bother, just keep wearing hahaha

Superwoman thanks for ypur recipe. Which tcm you are with and how long you take tcm until you see the improvement.

After blood test, how many days normally nuh call us if there ia any problem with the result?

Morning.....
Maomi n Hope.. I'm okie... bt next Monday.. so difficult to read n type on hp.. so has been coming not so often lately.. glad that this thread had become so active n we have a few sistas starting cycle soon.. Jiayou sistas!

straw 1 - I have one colleague who wear glove as she feel the office aircon is very cold. We do tease her at times. Now we are used to her wearing jacket, glove and socks. I think your colleagues need time to get over it. Hahaha.... :D

Gigi - PC Wong do not encourage his patient to take herbs after ET. His concern is the herb will affect the embryo as he is unaware the actual ingredient. I did take herb after my ET (but no acupuncture) on my 1st IVF. For the coming FET, I will continue to take herb (just keep 2 hours apart for western and chinese medicine) and do acupuncture. But PC Wong allows patient to acupuncture if you want. I am visiting Dr. Zou located at AMK. So it depends where you stay and check with the rest of the sisters which TCM are they seeing? Find a good TCM which is located near to your house. Because you may need to do acupuncture twice a week. :cool:

Morning everyone! It is Friday again...
Miraclez... nice to hear from you...Yeah, it is hard to reply using phone. Enjoy ur weekend!

straw1, what blood test do u mean? For my initial blood tests before IVF started, I will only know during the following visit w Prof. When are u seeing Prof?

Straw1 I'm seeing Dr Su at Bt Batok. The most significant improvements will be reduced menstrual cramps and body is warmer after a couple of months. If you are living in the west, you can consult her though her waiting time is really long especially on weekends. She doesn't do acupuncture though..

Miraclez.. Stay zen :)

Miracle, yes for initial blood test, I read some sister got a call from nurse when they found something with the test. My next appt will be on 12 sept, they arranged a blood test and hsg before seeing prof

Superwoman, bt batok too far from me. I stay at north, still looking for a good tcm, anyway thanks for your info.

Hi straw1, ok. Maybe if there is something amiss, they will prob inform the patient. But if everything ok, they wont call.
A Orange-Tigger suggested, u can try Dr Zou at AMK, but note that she has many patients, so the wait can be long, weekend is worse I think. Been there once on Sunday post ET, I waited for more than 1 hr...

Gigi, *high five*, my dh's morph also less than 1% :rolleyes:

Maomi, how are you? Hope everything is going well with your twinnie? Any interesting updates to share with us? Like.... morning sickness... bigger boobs... horny husband.... :p

Syrian, do you go acupuncture? I think it helps to regulate the menses...

Straw1, welcome!

Regarding herbs, it is expensive indeed!!! It's like $50 a week! That'ss $200 a month! Havent included the acupuncture! If I am pregnant, the little fella better be filial after all the heavy investment! Hehehehhehe...... :D

Btw, sista, any of you drink immunocal? I bought a box, but havent started. I heard it's yucky.... any advice how and when to drink?

Straw1.. I'm staying in the northeast :) though far but I know many from another forum who BFP after consulting her. I know one who travel from Bedok to see her. Dr Zou at AMK is well known too but I think she's more into acupuncture and she s very knowledgeable in treatment for those undergoing IVF. There's another well known TCM at AMK known as Dr Wu. For north area, I know there's one near my parents' place in Woodlands but not well known though this lady sinseh does acupuncture and my hub went to visit her for morphology issue.

Hope and superwoman I heard abt dr zou too. Maybe I should for wait 4 my blood test result before seeing her. Right now I am seeing makuang tcm nearby my house but I don't feel confidence with her. She does not really telling me anything. My DH also have morphology issue and she presicribed a medicine for kidney health.

In TCM, kidney is the key to healthy troops. Can get your hub to eat more nuts like walnuts, sunflower seed etc. Dr Su doesn't really have any remedy to improve the troops but she said sufficient rest is critical for men.

Straw1.. I'm staying in the northeast :) though far but I know many from another forum who BFP after consulting her. I know one who travel from Bedok to see her. Dr Zou at AMK is well known too but I think she's more into acupuncture and she s very knowledgeable in treatment for those undergoing IVF. There's another well known TCM at AMK known as Dr Wu. For north area, I know there's one near my parents' place in Woodlands but not well known though this lady sinseh does acupuncture and my hub went to visit her for morphology issue.
@ superwoman am lost now sorry whom are you talking about? which one people travel to see ?

Thanks superwoman.
Dh morphology is one thing. But to me make my uterus warm is very important befove embarking ivf, scared embryo can not stick since I have mild adenomyosis and prof said there is nothing he can do abt that.

Cheeka, i tried immunocal with milo/horlicks. Still quite ok.
Maomi mentioned about almond powder which can get from NTUC, I haven tried, think it is good too.
I have problem mixing the powder, so I use my drinking bottle to shake up the mixture of immunocal and milo/horlick.,But still, I will see clumps of it in my mixture.
Btw, u must mix with cooled water cos hot water will damage the protein.

straw1, yeah, will be good to go after the blood test result esp like ur AMH level... at least Dr Zou will know ur condition and give recommendation. But Dr Zou acu is not specific, think some sisters mentioned that before. Her acu points are general, I heard some TCM physician will acu based on ur health condition. So u may one to consider this point. I was w Dr Zou for my fresh, planning to switch to somewhere in the east cos I hate the jam back home via CTE, esp after office hour.

Oh Cheeka, I drank Immunocal only after egg retrieval until my BT is out. Supposingly it will help with OHSS and also supplement the protein required during the 2ww, so I do it only after ER.

Oh not specific ya... I prefer who can do acu more specific since everyone condition is different. How about raffles tcm, I read some sister went ther. Are they specific?

Hi Gigi .. I'm referring to Dr Su. I had issues coupled with my hub's low morph (<1%) so she advised me to go for lap and then subsequently queue for IVF. I guess the least I can do is to keep my womb in good condition with TCM.

Straw1.. I had fibroids, cysts on left or right ovary and during laparoscopy, Dr discovered I had adenomyosis. As for adenomyosis, the tissue usually occurs within the uterus lining, dr can't remove them entirely. Do avoid cold foods and drinks (iced water, green tea etc) as they are known to cause fibroids and adenomyosis. I personally avoid chicken due to the hormonal injections (unless its kumpung chicken) after my lap.

Hi ladies..its Friday! Finally! Wah this thread is moving so fast! Cant catch up!

Welcome Straw..agreed wif wat Orange said. Must keep feet warm at all times according to tcm. I have also started to wear socks to bed..small changes here & there, juz for future bb sake..

Mesara..congrats! very glad tat u & hb manage to go thro this hurdle successfully..thank God..juz continue to have faith in Him..we are all strong ladies rite? As long we persevere & hope, im sure He will eventually answer our prayers..

Tsf..did u ask prof y ur tubes are blocked? I recalled tat u dun have any conditions eg endo tat may cause hydrosalphinx. Den how come the other side get blocked so fast? Juz in a matter of a month? If time is on ur side, i guess u can continue wif tcm. Tcm might work but will take longer time..all the best for ur scan next mth..have faith k..

Cheeka..im currently seeing dr zhao frm raffles to prepare for next round. I think its good as my menses is not as crampy as last time. My blood circulation no good so mayb tats y i always feel lethargic..used to see dr zhou frm amk but gave up as the waiting time too long..cant tahan esp after long day at work..

Hope..ok oklah..i will learn to relax k..stress is bad..but sometimes cant help feeling a bit stress liao..realy hope tat we can be cycle buddies next mth..u, me, cheeka & who else did i miss? Already lost track..aiyoh..:eek:

Welcome all the new sisters on this thread! My appointment with Prof went really well and he laughed quite hard when I told him I got his leave days from the forum! :D

He also said my embryo that I implanted was a very good grade - 12 cell and very active so he was quite confident it would work but it didn't :( well - onward and forward I guess. Next try will be in Nov so fingers crossed that it all goes well and this time they have given me the green light to transfer 2! Something to look forward to now :)

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!

TGIF... thanks for the advice yesterday.. Managed to call SGH and they say my previous test results ll be accessible by the doc via a common medical portal as mentioned by one of the sis too.. If the doc needs more info, he can request to my previous doc via the portal too.. I hope it's right..! Hoping to make the first visit more fruitful... :oops: If all goes well, any idea what's the waiting time to start a cycle ?

In the meantime, would like some advice on TCM and accu.. I visited Dr Zou earlier this year but stopped ever since due to the long waiting times and location.. I live in the east and work in the west.. Any suggestions for good TCM in either of these locations ?? ;)

Jiayou everyone !

Syrian, I am starting my cycle next month. Today my evil witch came hence will start Nor-e on the Day 18.

CMR, thats something to look forward too! Happy for you! :)

fuztweet, me same. Stay in the east and work in the west. So I choose Raffles TCM Dr Zhao but she currently on Medical leave till mid Sept. I quite like Raffles TCM cos shorter waiting time and more centralised...but more ex too.

I started seeing Dr Zhu Ping at Hua Mei Acupuncture in Bukit Merah. Is ok so far but she doesn't speak much english and I don't speak much mandarin. Haha :D

Not exactly cheap but extremely convenient cos it's just across my block! :)

Oh not specific ya... I prefer who can do acu more specific since everyone condition is different. How about raffles tcm, I read some sister went ther. Are they specific?

Straw..to me, raffles acu is more specific. On ur 1st consultation, dr zhao will ask abt ur history & any health problems. Den she will do acu on specific points on body. So customised..She seems to know where my pain areas are. She will touch2 den said here pain? When i say yes, she will poke..very diff frm dr zhou frm amk where her points are the same for every pt..but be prepared coz she used soo soo many needles..theres 1 on the head as well..

U can also try dr ou frm raffles. Im temporary seeing her since dr zhao on mc. Before she starts my acu, she could tell tat i have not been sleeping enough. I had the deepest nap of my life immediately after she poked me..i guess she chosed the points tat put me to sleep. So shiok lah..but she didnt use tat many needles on me though...

CMR..glad tat ur appmt wif prof went well..u told him abt knowing his AL in forum? Haha..if he knows tat we, his patients are all sharing our experiences wif him here, he confirm will be shocked! We even created a thread under his name !! :D

Btw did prof said y u failed? He told me the same thing when i went for my review post failed fresh. He said mine was compacted embryo & v gd quality. He thought it will make it but somehow it didnt implant. Told me he cant give me any explanation to why it failed. Some things just cannot be explained. Some pple wif not-so-good quality embryo do make it while others dun..age-wise, some pple who are much older do make it while the younger ones dun..Juz tat sometimes things happen for a reason & dun lose hope. Everyone tried their best already. The rest is up to God..was so touched when he said tat..so comforting to the heart tat i almost teared..at least hes more passionate compared to dr anu..

CMR..good to know tat u r moving on & trying again in nov..transfering 2 is a good no..all the best for ur next cycle!!

Fuztweet..i also stay in the east & work in the west..tats y i chose raffles too..same as bb_blues..u can try raffles..its great experience but kinda ex lah..

Bb_blues..gd to know tat u starting nor-e soon..another addition to our sept buddy-ing..;) Hope i can join u gals too..

Thanks sister for all the advise.. let's jia you together to bfp.

Syrian, ouchh got a needle on the head? Does raffles tcm also do moxibustion?

Hmm.. Ya, I saw on the website that it's rather ex for 5 accu sessions.. Does raffles reccommend accu once or twice a week ? Do they prescribe daily meds as well ? Dun mind giving it a try.. It's my 3rd fresh... Didn't try TCM on the earlier 2... :(

Morning girls
I d like to make a poll..
What are the main reasons That brought you to PC Wong? I mean we have choice no? So why him? I guess i want to convince myself i can trust him - he s So discreet i barely can make an opinion
Thanks girls

Hi ladies..its Friday! Finally! Wah this thread is moving so fast! Cant catch up!

Welcome Straw..agreed wif wat Orange said. Must keep feet warm at all times according to tcm. I have also started to wear socks to bed..small changes here & there, juz for future bb sake..

Mesara..congrats! very glad tat u & hb manage to go thro this hurdle successfully..thank God..juz continue to have faith in Him..we are all strong ladies rite? As long we persevere & hope, im sure He will eventually answer our prayers..

Tsf..did u ask prof y ur tubes are blocked? I recalled tat u dun have any conditions eg endo tat may cause hydrosalphinx. Den how come the other side get blocked so fast? Juz in a matter of a month? If time is on ur side, i guess u can continue wif tcm. Tcm might work but will take longer time..all the best for ur scan next mth..have faith k..

Cheeka..im currently seeing dr zhao frm raffles to prepare for next round. I think its good as my menses is not as crampy as last time. My blood circulation no good so mayb tats y i always feel lethargic..used to see dr zhou frm amk but gave up as the waiting time too long..cant tahan esp after long day at work..

Hope..ok oklah..i will learn to relax k..stress is bad..but sometimes cant help feeling a bit stress liao..realy hope tat we can be cycle buddies next mth..u, me, cheeka & who else did i miss? Already lost track..aiyoh..:eek:
Hi, ya, right side blocked within a month... Very puzzling and no explanation given... Will shoot for Ivf if my scan next mth did not worsen... Wonder if this is a good choice to make... Cos it's lower successful rate n higher chance of miscarriage...

Hi ladies..juz an update, my menses juz came :p so can call CHR on mon to start my nor-e..my cycle is shorter this time round, only 26 days.. I didnt even know tat menses already start..usually i will have bad pre-menstrual cramping but didnt feel it this time round..must be the effect of tcm & acu..

Straw..yesh u didnt see it wrongly..theres 1 on the head!! But not painful lah..not sure if raffles do moxibustion though. Btw wats moxibustion? Wat is it for?

Fuztweet..the frequency of acu & meds depend on ur body condition. For me, they recommend once a week. But like tat, my package will finish v fast liao..so far i only went acu 3x ..I was given meds to take during my last menses. To take for 5 days for my menstrual cramps frm endo. I also got med to improve my blood circulation. But this is optional, was given a choice on whether to take or not..i think u shd give tcm a try. I also didnt try on my 1st fresh. Trying this time round to see if theres any difference..

Gigi..i went to prof coz of few reasons..hes popular among the sistas here. Have attended his talks abt ivf & stuffs..Besides i work in nuh so its easier for me to go for scans & appmt without having to take leave..can also chk my BT results without having to wait till next appmt etc..no doubt hes stern but u can ask him any questions tat u have..he will answer all ur questions. I feel tat hes sincere in helping us all through this difficult stage in our life..initially i do feel tat he display this authorative air in him & i was kinda scared to create conversation wif him..but things got better eventually..hes a nice guy lah no worries, we are all in good hands..:)

Tsf..tats so strange, no explanation..yup the fluid is toxic & may affect implantation if it does leak to the uterus..i understand ur worries..been thro it b4. I think if time is at ur side, u might want to try tcm for few months & see if things get better..btw juz a precaution, if u do continue wif ivf & if they see fluid in ur womb, they might abandon the ET.. i had tat scare during my last ivf when they found fluid in my womb juz days before my ER. Was so worried tat my lap for hydorsalphix failed. Luckily it resolved by itself..did u do hsg to find out where exactly is the blockage? All the best for ur scan next mth..

To other ladies..enjoy ur weekends..

Superwoman, did dr remove some of the tissue during lap? I read adeno can affect implantation sucess, but prof said no. My dh said I am over worried over my condition and he always console me by saying whatever meant for us when time is come, it will be ours.

Gigi, I choose prof because I read a lot of good review and recomendation for him, then I went to his seminar to see how he is, and we decide to see him. he is stern and initially scared asking him question but whenever I ask him a question, he answer it wiihout hesitation and I satisfied with his answer. Compare to previous doctors I saw, some of then not sure of the answer and some of them does not really look into my case and just follow stamdard procedure, my sense telling me that I can trust him.
My sister once said all the doctor study the same book, what make them difference is their experience and based on prof profile, I think he really has a lot of experience. Gigi, believe in your sense and follow your heart and choose the dr that you arr most comfortable with this journey.

Syrian, may I know your case? Sorry if you hv informed us before, I couldn't find it.
Because I have a cold stomach, poor blood circulation but heatty at the other body part. I read that moxibustion can help to warm to stomach effevtively. It is just like burning an incense on our acu point on the stomach, but its some kind of herb.

Gigi - i have chosen PC Wong as he is one of the popular IVF doctors who is highly recommended in the ivf forum. Some sisters did comment he looks stern but I personally feel he is an experienced and knowledgeable doctor. At my current FET, PC Wong will be using an injection medicine - decapeptyl on my Day 14, which my TCM is clueless about this medicine. But after googling in the internet, she told me that this medicine is developed in 2010 (consider new) and will help to increase the success rate for FET. That make him special as he will use different new or old medicine to help you increasing in your success rate.

Also, i remembered my first impression of him is - this doctor has attained a high level of professionalism as it is hard to find a doctor who wear bow tie to meet his patient. :p Lastly, it take two hands to clap and I always believe to break a person stern look is to give him a sincere smile and let him know/feel you trust him.

Straw1 my dr could only remove some but not all of it cos it might cause scarring in the uterus. she didn't tell me about adeno affecting implantation though. Prof saw my lap discharge summary and he didn't mention anything too so don't worry took much yeah.

Gigi I was to go to KKH for the IVF but was advised to try naturally for some time. I was too impatient and after some research, Prof Wong came highly recommended. Most importantly, he does the scans himself and though stern, his utmost concern is the patients' health. That was why he advised me to go for IUI instead of jumping into IVF straight as he didn't want my body to go through the stress. And the thing that impressed me the most? He courteously opened the door for us when sending us out after the consultation. For those who have done much research on IVF specialists in sg, magic hand #1 goes to Dr SF Loh. And Prof Wong is known as magic hand #2 so I know we are all in safe hands.

Superwoman, that is a relief, ya maybe I worried too much. This ttc really give me a lot of stress.
Is your dh blood test result ok? I hopeyou are good to go for iui.

Straw1 .. Thankfully my DH's blood results turn out fine. I'm just curious that the parameters for the blood test which I took at KKH was normal so not sure why the results turn out differently at NUH.

Straw1 I know the whole ttc-ing process takes a toll on all of us and I wish no woman will ever have to go through it. Nevertheless, we have to be positive in our mindset as it will influence the outcome of ART procedures..

Hi straw..maybe u can call up raffles & ask if they do moxibustion. Seems interesting though.
Btw I am previously known as Caramel but this upgrading of smf somehow changed my username..
A brief intro abt myself..I have endo. Ttc-ing for almost 4 years now..Went thro laparotomy in 2006 for my extensive endo & laparoscopy last feb to tie my tubes due to hydrosalphinx & clear any remaining endo. Ivf is my only hope now:(Due to both surgeries & endo, my amh is affected greatly. Its low for my age group. Failed my first fresh ivf last june with only one embryo. Extracted only 2 eggs but somehow only 1 got fertilised. But sadly, it did not implant. Planned to go thro 2nd fresh this sept cycle. Tried tcm this time round but they found tat my blood circulation no gd. I really hope tat tcm can help improve my condition so tat i will have better chance next round..*keeping my fingers crossed*

Yup i definitely agreed tat this ttc-ing journey is no doubt v stressful. I also have my fair share of heartaches & tears..How i wish all of us here can become mothers easily juz like the others. But in reality, we are the chosen ones to go thro this journey full of uncertainties..i believe we are stronger. We are all here for one another rite ladies? So lets cheer one another on..hopefully our prayers will be answered one day..

Have a lovely week ahead ladies!

gigi - you are in good hands with Prof. I asked myself this question after seeing him for the first time. Usually I am quite shameless and will bombard doctors with many questions but with Prof I felt intimidated but when he started diagnosing and explaining protocol around why I need to go for a frozen cycle vs fresh and that my health was his main concern, I was touched. He was also the only gynae out of 4 who said he will give me a shot with IVF and work together with my blood team in TTSH. He was in constant communication with the team in TTSH throughout my retrieval and implantation and not many doctors will do that (considering his crazy schedules). So to me he is definitely an angel sent from above to help me with my journey through this. Even though my FET was BFN this round, he reassured me, told me to continue and not give up and said lets work a bit more aggressively on the second try - for me that's what its all about - the willingness to try and support your patient :)

Syrian - thanks dear. Yes something to look forward to for the next cycle :) He laughed loudly when I said we all know of his leave. Beneath that stern face I think he does have a good sense of humour!

Hi gigi,

Before I started ttcing officially after 4 yrs of marriage, I made appointment to see KK gynae, did blood test, scan etc at that time already. Actually, I wanted that gynae to move us ahead but he told us to try naturally for another 3-4 months. So he prob found no problem la... but then in one of the months I had some bleeding during ovulatory period, no choice, went to pte gynae to have a quick fix and i left KKH (i had a cervical polyp). Did IUI under pte gynae for a few rounds and she recommended IVF. I was then advised to seek second opinion and just nice, a friend of mine recommended Prof and just nice, government reviewed the IVF grant.... I thank God for His Grace and provision! (IVF is v expensive :()

Saw Prof and related my history to him and told him frankly that he is my second opinion. After knowing the history, he was certain IVF is for us and here we are! I rem I felt v comfortable with his consult. I did not ask much questions but he just had everything planned out nicely, knowing that I was moving houses etc. So we attended the private IVF talk in April and after I shifted houses, we started IVF in July.

I personally think his CHR team plays a part too in making the IVF journey smoother and easier. Very supportive team and most important reassuring in handling me.

Though I stay in the east,I am glad I have chosen NUH despite the distance :)

Syrian - Dun worry, taking chinese herb and acupuncture will definitely help in the blood circulation.

Miraclez - Good luck and lot of bb dust for u.

CMR - I wonder if PC Wong will able to identify us if he happens to read this forum. Hahaha...

Syrian - Dun worry, taking chinese herb and acupuncture will definitely help in the blood circulation.

Miraclez - Good luck and lot of bb dust for u.

CMR - I wonder if PC Wong will able to identify us if he happens to read this forum. Hahaha...
HAHA hopefully not - but its all good things about him what...if anythign it should motivate him more! HAHA :D

Back