Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/definition/con-20031445

"Hyponatremia is a condition that occurs when the level of sodium in your blood is abnormally low. Sodium is an electrolyte, and it helps regulate the amount of water that's in and around your cells."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/symptoms/con-20031445

"Hyponatremia signs and symptoms may include:
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Loss of energy and fatigue
  • Restlessness and irritability
  • Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps
  • Seizures
  • Coma"

I didn't know about the importance of salt until I read in some history that robbing the enemyarmy's salt supply caused their soldiers to suffer serious health problem and lose the war.
How like that?! Salt or no salt?! LOL

I think i'll go without first haha

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/definition/con-20031445

"Hyponatremia is a condition that occurs when the level of sodium in your blood is abnormally low. Sodium is an electrolyte, and it helps regulate the amount of water that's in and around your cells."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/symptoms/con-20031445

"Hyponatremia signs and symptoms may include:
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Loss of energy and fatigue
  • Restlessness and irritability
  • Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps
  • Seizures
  • Coma"

I didn't know about the importance of salt until I read in some history that robbing the enemyarmy's salt supply caused their soldiers to suffer serious health problem and lose the war.

Yeah man...sodium is very impt one...so if u r athlete or on very heavy n regular exercise regime..hav to watch n ensure replenishment of sodium...moderately though...:D

How like that?! Salt or no salt?! LOL

I think i'll go without first haha

I will go for no...hee...:D...coz my thot is i din lose sodium badly through ER...post ER im not losing any badly also...n im taking my daily sodium intake via my meals...too much sodium is not good...hi protein is alr a strain to our kidneys(but it really works!!! as per prof's advice)..add on more or high sodium...poor kidneys...i feel tt lotsa water(regulate n not water parade style) is really good enuf n visit restroom also...

Indv choice la...own comfort level...

I resume back to normal meals alr...no more hi proteins...byes byes egg whitesssss.....:p

Yes sometimes the more we read online, the more we get confused :p

For me, I just took 100plus and more salty food than usual on ER and 2 days after ER. 3 days then I stop.

Yeah man...tt's really very true...the more we read the more confusing....

N worse part...we read something different tt we din do,we wanna quickly follow...coz very scare miss out something or precious tip....so u noe y i ask y salt ya...lolzzz!!!!....in case i miss out precious tip...lolzz....:oops::oops:

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your encouragement! Tonight will go for big dinner and try to sleep early. But knowing me and my weak nerves I probably won't be able to sleep before a big day like this...anyway gotta march ahead. Let us and our embies keep fighting together!

I can't stop laughing when I saw this leh....lolzzz...coz sounds like tmr u r marrying off...n tonite is spinster/bachelorette nite...ur adrenaline is hi.... lolzz

Yeah man...tt's really very true...the more we read the more confusing....

N worse part...we read something different tt we din do,we wanna quickly follow...coz very scare miss out something or precious tip....so u noe y i ask ya...lolzzz!!!!....in case i miss out precious tip...lolzz....:oops::oops:

Hey thanks to you and other ladies for sharing prof's replies to your questions this thread so far. It helps me learn a lot! Just follow NUH doctors and nurses' instructions to save us from getting confused.

Last edited:
That's not very high.. I started with 225 for 4 days.. Subsequently increased to 300
I briefly asked prof whether it will be the same dosage this time round.. He says he's gg to increase.. How much higher can it goes??

In UK and USA, the ladies are often given 450 to 600 dosage daily by their IVF doctors if you read their forums.

Thanks for the infor! Did prof tell u why he prescribe pervogaris? Is this your first ivf cycle?

How abt @mimidestiny?
This is my first cycle and I was given bec dr say my E2 level is low and it will help in the growth and quality of the eggs. There's aldy 150iu of gonal F in pergoveris, and I was also on 75iu and subsequently increased to 150iu of gonal F. So technically I was given a 225iu and 300iu gonal F in the cycle.

Haha I knew there were a couple of posts I forgot to reply to.

ET on Monday, IF my lone survivor fight fight fight till the end!

I have confidence in your embaby. In our natural cycles, our ovary will identify only the best quality 1-2 eggs to groom to maturation. I believe your ovaries have found that egg to be the best and have been focusing all their resources and nutrients on her/him to produce the best fighter embaby.

Last edited:
This is my first cycle and I was given bec dr say my E2 level is low and it will help in the growth and quality of the eggs. There's aldy 150iu of gonal F in pergoveris, and I was also on 75iu and subsequently increased to 150iu of gonal F. So technically I was given a 225iu and 300iu gonal F in the cycle.
How low was ur E2? The nurses did say mine also kind of low.. But they nv give me pergo.. Maybe they will give me pergo for my next cycle?

Hey thanks to you and other ladies for sharing prof's replies to your questions this thread so far. It helps me learn a lot! Just follow NUH doctors and nurses' instructions to save us from getting confused.

Tks to u n ladies too...I realized I learnt much more here than by digesting all the different articles...most imptly...emotional support n morale booster....:D....

I can't stop laughing when I saw this leh....lolzzz...coz sounds like tmr u r marrying off...n tonite is spinster/bachelorette nite...ur adrenaline is hi.... lolzz
I am more nervous than day of wedding! At least wedding day I know the guy I am marrying. For this I have no idea the outcome. Plus due to NUH being closed on Sunday, mimidestiny and I won't know how many mature and how many fertilized until Monday. What torture!

I am more nervous than day of wedding! At least wedding day I know the guy I am marrying. For this I have no idea the outcome. Plus due to NUH being closed on Sunday, mimidestiny and I won't know how many mature and how many fertilized until Monday. What torture!

That's so true! Wedding feels less stressful now as compared to IVF, which is a world of UNKNOWNS and UNCERTAINTIES o_O

Im thinking if bcoz im pcos n hence hav egg quality issues, I may ask for pergoveris...but guess is unlikely for me alr...coz there's 150gonalf in pergoveris...my dosage cannt go pass 112.5iu else way overstim...:(

Dear 姐妹们

Have been feeling down and emotional these few days. The smallest things can drive me mad (eg. I horned rudely at road hogs); and the meaningless action put me to tears (eg. an email which I was not copied).

Am I going crazy or it's due to NorE, which I shall finish my last dosage tmr?

I have also been putting on weight way too fast. Since NorE Day 1 till Day 16, I have gained close to 3kg!

Yest was no good too. Got call from Women's Clinic asking me to collect prescription for infection. Dr picked up some virus from the recent biopsy.

Aiyo... the better me, please return quickly. I miss you! :(

Yes we all had suffered from split personality disorder while we were on the hormone drugs.

Weekend is here! Go out and do whatever things that make yourself feel relaxed. Watch some funny shows and have hysterical laughs over them:D I find laughing helps to relieve my bad mood.

I agree with Monkeychick that it is better for any virus to be detected early so that it will not affect our ET success rate.

And no more evil nor E after today! :)

Last edited:
Thanks, 姐妹们。Am feeling much better letting out my nonsensical frustrations.:)

I will remind myself to relax and take things easy. Tell myself to 呼... 吸... 呼... 吸... machiam Qigong master. :p

I will credit my weight gain to my fatty fish meals which is turning me into a whale. Plus those after meal avocado platter....:oops:

And blame the naughty NorE for the rest of the unusual me... :D

加油吧, 姐妹们。
Gambeteh!
Fighting!

Last edited:
The lady I met, she has 8 eggs retrieved, 4 mature and 2 fertilized. Excellent embryo quality till transfer. It can be due to her fixed number of afc since d1 of stimming till the end.
Here's her diet. Not sure it makes a difference. a big jug of protein powder and avocado milk daily. N took 3 packs of immunocal daily as well after she heard about it.

Last edited:
The lady I met, she has 8 eggs retrieved, 4 mature and 2 fertilized. Excellent embryo quality till transfer. It can be due to her fixed number of afc since d1 of stimming till the end.
Here's her diet. Not sure it makes a difference. a big jug of protein powder and avocado milk daily. N took 3 packs of immunocal daily as well after she heard about it.
She's in her 2ww now?

I duno if it's bcoz of her afc or diet...but I noe tt u made another fren along the way on this journey liao...happy for u... :D

I do a comparison between my 2 fresh...I do see a pretty good improvement...

last was all arrested n left with 4 satisfactory grades...this round was 7 good grades,left 2 good grades...the rest of the 5 din arrest actually,they were still growing but fragmentations so not to go for freezing

Somehow I feel is the E2 level..coz first round E2 was at 36k on trigger...this time 20+k on trigger...almost similar number of follies...30-33follies...online there's some articles mentioning tt E2 increase rate has an impact on egg quality...n is also true tt E2 level has a r/s with afc...

Im definite is not proteins coz expert said no..is only meant for ohss risks...so we r left with immunocal n avocado...Hehehaha....I got take avocado this round,only once a week...

Avocado!!!!im coming!!!.......lolzzz

That's not very high.. I started with 225 for 4 days.. Subsequently increased to 300
I briefly asked prof whether it will be the same dosage this time round.. He says he's gg to increase.. How much higher can it goes??
If you are given pervogaris, there is an amount of gonal f inside I think 50, and max a day if I can remember 450, my dosage same as you 300 but was given cetrotide & pervogaris and it did helped to support the growth. However my dosage were not by Prof but by Dr Anu, cos upon seeing the follicles didn't grow well the nurse had to call me back to get the extra jabs.

last was all arrested n left with 4 satisfactory grades...this round was 7 good grades,left 2 good grades...the rest of the 5 din arrest actually,they were still growing but fragmentations so not to go for freezing

Somehow I feel is the E2 level..coz first round E2 was at 36k on trigger...this time 20+k on trigger...almost similar number of follies...30-33follies...online there's some articles mentioning tt E2 increase rate has an impact on egg quality...n is also true tt E2 level has a r/s with afc...

Im definite is not proteins coz expert said no..is only meant for ohss risks...so we r left with immunocal n avocado...Hehehaha....I got take avocado this round,only once a week...

@MonkeyChick

Am also taking avocado this round. But more kiasu - start avocado when I started NorE. 2 avocados per week.

Hopefully on right track.... :p

I ate avocado and apply daily last round. Going to do the same for coming cycle plus lots of egg white.
Glad that you have said bye bye to egg white, i really feel scared to eat them daily even though i love eggs ;)

If you are given pervogaris, there is an amount of gonal f inside I think 50, and max a day if I can remember 450, my dosage same as you 300 but was given cetrotide & pervogaris and it did helped to support the growth. However my dosage were not by Prof but by Dr Anu, cos upon seeing the follicles didn't grow well the nurse had to call me back to get the extra jabs.

Oh...so the gonalf with pervo can vary?

U happen to rem how much u got them at?
Iherb also selling...jus wanna check the pricing then decide shld I buy online or jus make a trip down....:)
I bought 300grams at $16.20...the stall call Seeds of joy. My friend bought the brazil nuts for me at JEM, but i dont know where is the stall/shop located. Fyi....happy shopping ;)

I ate avocado and apply daily last round. Going to do the same for coming cycle plus lots of egg white.
Glad that you have said bye bye to egg white, i really feel scared to eat them daily even though i love eggs ;)

I love eggs alot as well...but this mth really alot alot...lolzzz...watever recipes i can find alr try liao...steam,boil,poach,stirfry,panfry...omelette,sunny side up with extra whitessss, scramble....

I will take a break from eggs...hee...resume to normal intake next week bah...

Yes, I read online pergo has a combi of gonal F + LH, for individuals with low LH? And it's much more ex.. Some webby says it has similar contents as menopur but menopur is much cheaper. Anyone on menopur?
Cetrotide is to suppress ovulation so that the follies can grow big together without early ovulation

I bought 300grams at $16.20...the stall call Seeds of joy. My friend bought the brazil nuts for me at JEM, but i dont know where is the stall/shop located. Fyi....happy shopping ;)
I saw a small stall selling nuts just outside NTUC at jem. Saw roasted Brazil nuts too but can't rem the price

Back