Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Veraine, take care and good luck with ER tmr!

Also, BTW, i also feel my tummy has grown a lot. I have not measured myself in years so I don't have any statistics. :) last weekend I arranged a whole week of baggy clothes so I don't have to think every morning what to wear to work. Still, can only barely fit in them...

Also, BTW, i also feel my tummy has grown a lot. I have not measured myself in years so I don't have any statistics. :) last weekend I arranged a whole week of baggy clothes so I don't have to think every morning what to wear to work. Still, can only barely fit in them...
Yeah.. Been digging out clothes that I've not worn for some time heh. Hope ur just slightly bloated!

When's your ER scheduled?

@happybb2015 has a good case for this....she strategizes it....:)
Mummy turning 40 soon n not many snowbabies liao....a smart plan ahead...
MonkeyChick....good memory ya :)

@Dreamscometrue
Yes, i planned ahead before i see prof, i have 2 snowies waiting for me, naturally Prof has suggested that i do the FET next. I told Prof that i am turnung 40 this coming Sep, if i want to utilise the gov co-funding, i wish to do fresh. Prof totallt agreed with me, he is a very understanding man and encouraging. He told me not to give up easily, do fresh this cycle.

I am just worried that i may not in time to do the fresh, menses yet to report. You have to give yourself enough time, otherwise under lot of stress in such circumstances.

Has anyone of u received late call from embryologist?I kinda rem I received once after lunch last round....coz I still haven received the call today....past 2 days pretty timely ard 9+....
Something mus b wrong today...:(...aiyo... i really dislike this waiting ah...o_O

Has anyone of u received late call from embryologist?I kinda rem I received once after lunch last round....coz I still haven received the call today....past 2 days pretty timely ard 9+....
Something mus b wrong today...:(...aiyo... i really dislike this waiting ah...o_O

Yes I received my call on day3 at 4pm. I was very gancheong n keep staring at my hp. Our pressure sure very high when waiting for embryologist's calls!

Last edited:
Yes I received my call on day3 at 4pm. I was very gancheong n keep staring at my hp. Heart pressure very high for those days!

Ok Ok...as long as there r then I will jus wait patiently...ya man...coz past 2 days ard 9+ called...only today...difficult not to let imagination run wild....:D...all kinds of thots flashing....lol....:rolleyes::p

though i rem my last fresh,one of the days was after lunch hrs...but still huh...my heart bi pok bi pok...n my mum called a few times instead...diaoz...made me gancheong a few times...

I am not sure, therefore I am asking here :)

As far I din hear anything as well...:rolleyes:...if u r planning for ard tt period...mayb call nurse will b better, coz they can giv u exact dates...this journey huh...1 day or even 1 hr can b a rd block....mus clear all these rd blocks....:D

Last round, i didnt received call from embrologist on the 3rd day after ER. The first 2 days were on time around 9am+ in the morning.
just wait for a while...could be busy if there are many ER and ET today....

MonkeyChick....good memory ya :)

@Dreamscometrue
Yes, i planned ahead before i see prof, i have 2 snowies waiting for me, naturally Prof has suggested that i do the FET next. I told Prof that i am turnung 40 this coming Sep, if i want to utilise the gov co-funding, i wish to do fresh. Prof totallt agreed with me, he is a very understanding man and encouraging. He told me not to give up easily, do fresh this cycle.

I am just worried that i may not in time to do the fresh, menses yet to report. You have to give yourself enough time, otherwise under lot of stress in such circumstances.
Will this be your second fresh? He calculated for me, likely will be able to do in sept

There was once they called at 3pm plus.. I waited till....

Devastating call at 3+pm...im really speechless alr for wat I hav gone through n still need to go through...

24 retrieved, 16 mature, 11 fertilised on day1
7 good grades on day2..embryologist was pretty confident can freeze at least 4
Today I somehow felt something not right,jus can't calm myself down the whole day plus late call....true enuf...wat a crashing call...only left 2 good grade ones to go into freezing on day3....

Feel really hopeless..almost meaning I need to plan for next fresh alr...I really wish to go back to work alr....:(

Devastating call at 3+pm...im really speechless alr for wat I hav gone through n still need to go through...

Today I somehow felt something not right,jus can't calm myself down the whole day plus late call....true enuf...wat a crashing call...only left 2 good grade ones to go into freezing on day3....

Feel really hopeless..almost meaning I need to plan for next fresh alr...I really wish to go back to work alr....:(
Hey girl don't be.. These 2 are the ones. They will not disappoint you and you need to prep your body and soul to receive them. Keep your spirits high. I really love it about you. 一定,肯定,决定是了

Oh ya nurse Jillian say when they say satisfactory grade is consider jin good liow, moreover yours is good grade lagi best. I super have faith in your embies.

I am sorry to hear about this. It hasn't been a smooth journey but we shall stay strong for our goal of the journey.
I am not much better than you. Out of the 26 follicles they only managed to retrieved 7, 5 mature and 2 fertilized. I was shocked by the stat as I didn't expect only 7 eggs let alone fertilization rate. I changed my mind to do et this month despite the risk of ohss. I certainly hope this is a right decision.

Totally understand how you feel.. I also feel very hopeful on day 2.. Until they old me half of mine stop growing after day 3.. Sometimes I wonder whether it will be better if they just call on day 3 and not everyday

Hey girl don't be.. These 2 are the ones. They will not disappoint you and you need to prep your body and soul to receive them. Keep your spirits high. I really love it about you. 一定,肯定,决定是了

Oh ya nurse Jillian say when they say satisfactory grade is consider jin good liow, moreover yours is good grade lagi best. I super have faith in your embies.

Tq queby for the encouragement....I realized my embie babies love to bring me for roller coaster rides...in real life, no matter wat,I will run away, run for life whenever someone asked me for roller coaster rides...my embie babies wan me to try roller coaster feelings...they din noe their kiasee mummy is faint hearted...this dive down ouch,hurts..

Ya, I will prep my body n soul to receive these 2...golden or nt, I still luv them...but really need to prep 1 step ahead...my mummy besides me when I received the call.. she also told me these 2 r the ones alr...as a 过来人, I prefer to hope that they r the golden ones yet prep they r not(to shield my fragile heart from devastation)

Hugz! Be positive ya? Every embbie is a chance! Believe!!

Hugz! Be positive ya? Every embbie is a chance! Believe!!

Yupz...I need to ya...jus like how I put 100% trust n faith in Prof...n believe 200% in him...I'm safe this round after ER....

I will believe in these 2 precious ones,hav faith...

Tks alot ladies for reminding....actually coming to this stage, I really hav nothing much to lose alr...every move fwd is a bonus alr...if I think like this, I can tread on bravely...

Yupz...I need to ya...jus like how I put 100% trust n faith in Prof...n believe 200% in him...I'm safe this round after ER....

I will believe in these 2 precious ones,hav faith...

Tks alot ladies for reminding....actually coming to this stage, I really hav nothing much to lose alr...every move fwd is a bonus alr...if I think like this, I can tread on bravely...
You just needa one to succeed! And u have 2! Focus on the prize ie the bb, not the process. Fight on!

I am sorry to hear about this. It hasn't been a smooth journey but we shall stay strong for our goal of the journey.
I am not much better than you. Out of the 26 follicles they only managed to retrieved 7, 5 mature and 2 fertilized. I was shocked by the stat as I didn't expect only 7 eggs let alone fertilization rate. I changed my mind to do et this month despite the risk of ohss. I certainly hope this is a right decision.

If u hav decided,jus charge for the next hurdle bah...we will mentally stand by u...jus b ultra ultra cautious n vigilant...

Hmmmm...also 2...lucky n golden 2?...go for it...

@veraine,
How r u feeling?Playing hp on bed huh?
Discharged liao?
Yup just left, charged to Star Vista have dinner. Super hungry.

Cramping and pretty heavy spotting.. But was told as long as it's not the drip drip, profuse type of bleeding it's ok heh..And more bloated aiyoh. So I'm dragging my feet now heh.

Saw yours and @sj123 's posts.. Those two shall be THE Two :)

I retrieved 7 eggs.. So now we wait

And cos no hcg shot, I got to get doc to inject progesterone everyday until BT :(

Oh and my silly veins. That IV drip thing. :(

I kena poked 3 times on the left, all failed. Poked right side in e end, and the moment reached resting area it was taken out because it was swelling up, think the vein ran away again.

MonkeyChick...dearie...i can feel you. I have mentioned many times, we only need one for a healthy baby or 2 for twins happiness babies. This is the 2 that you can focus on, fighting with your lovely embbies....

I am sure Prof shared with you on the risk of OHSS, I have friend who went to fresh ET even though she has 50+ follicles before ER. I cant remembered how many being retrieved but a good number of embbies. She proceed with ET even though risk of OHSS and she was prefectly fine.
Its up to individual. Hopefully you are not so bloated and less cramp today.
Take care

Your 2 embies are the fittest of all, and will give you the hope you are hanging on to. Don't get disheartened!!

Cramping and pretty heavy spotting.. But was told as long as it's not the drip drip, profuse type of bleeding it's ok heh..And more bloated aiyoh. So I'm dragging my feet now heh.

And cos no hcg shot, I got to get doc to inject progesterone everyday until BT :(
Do rest more and drink more water. Hopefully your spotting stop tonight. Take care ya

I am sure Prof shared with you on the risk of OHSS, I have friend who went to fresh ET even though she has 50+ follicles before ER. I cant remembered how many being retrieved but a good number of embbies. She proceed with ET even though risk of OHSS and she was prefectly fine.
Its up to individual. Hopefully you are not so bloated and less cramp today.
Take care

Thanks! That's comforting. I have been reading about that online which I shouldnt. It just make me more worry for something that might not happened.

Thanks! That's comforting. I have been reading about that online which I shouldnt. It just make me more worry for something that might not happened.

I read the brochure that NUH gave me. Looks like the percentage of severe OHSS is quite small. I do know others that have gotten it, and know that it is very painful. But there is also the risk of freeze/thaw that could threaten the embies, too. The fact that you are feeling better now is a good sign.

Veraine, glad to hear the ER went well. Last time I had to get progesterone shots every day, too. It was a big hassle. Adding to the list of sacrifices we make!

Now take care and rest well!

Last edited:

THE Two...lol..I like it...like movie name...Tks...

Egg whites...more...to help in recovering faster...i swear by it...take care n rest well ya...

Oil based progesterone jab daily?
Endure n hang on ya...is good for a cozy lining bed for ur embiess...

Back