Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

THE Two...lol..I like it...like movie name...Tks...

Egg whites...more...to help in recovering faster...i swear by it...take care n rest well ya...

Oil based progesterone jab daily?
Endure n hang on ya...is good for a cozy lining bed for ur embiess...
Yup yup, will stock up on egg whites and more protein-based stuff ... The bloating is getting worse ... but no pain yet, so will keep monitoring if any symptoms set in

And yeah, that jab that @Mermaid2015 kena also ... @Mermaid2015! Hope you don't have to get that this time round! Now thinking if I shd go to my usual GP or go to the nearest one hmm

Thanks everybardie!!!!!

Yup yup, will stock up on egg whites and more protein-based stuff ... The bloating is getting worse ... but no pain yet, so will keep monitoring if any symptoms set in

And yeah, that jab that @Mermaid2015 kena also ... @Mermaid2015! Hope you don't have to get that this time round! Now thinking if I shd go to my usual GP or go to the nearest one hmm

Thanks everybardie!!!!!
If you decide to go to NUH everyday like I did, everyone will know you by name. It's kinda cool, like a celebrity, hahahaha

Thanks everybardie!!!!!
I am doing the jab. If your trigger shot is not hcg you need to have the jabs. I will go nuh if I can, maybe not the few days after et since it's slightly far from my place. But if I send my hubby to work I am already half way there. And gp charge 25 to 30 per shot. At least those I called. Can save some cost going in too haha.
Anyone know if it is advisable to drive after et?

Last edited:
I am doing the jab. If your trigger shot is not hcg you need to have the jabs. I will go nuh if I can, maybe not the few days after et since it's slightly far from my place. But if I send my hubby to work I am already half way there. And gp charge 25 to 30 per shot. At least those I called. Can save some cost going in too haha.
Anyone know if it is advisable to drive after et?

Seriously??...charging 25 per jab minimum...:eek:
Easily few hundred bucks jus to jab by gp...:confused:

How come leh?fate brings u together....:D
Let me guess...is she a short hair gal with colored fringe?....:rolleyes:
I guess... Haha... We sat beside each other at chr on our 2nd scan. Both without hubby so we chatted away. Short hair.. Yes. Can't remember about the fringe. She is from Indonesia, is here just for this. pretty lady and always wear vey nice. U might have seen her in pre op room.

Devastating call at 3+pm...im really speechless alr for wat I hav gone through n still need to go through...

24 retrieved, 16 mature, 11 fertilised on day1
7 good grades on day2..embryologist was pretty confident can freeze at least 4
Today I somehow felt something not right,jus can't calm myself down the whole day plus late call....true enuf...wat a crashing call...only left 2 good grade ones to go into freezing on day3....

Feel really hopeless..almost meaning I need to plan for next fresh alr...I really wish to go back to work alr....:(

Hugs babe! its ok, all you need is 1 embryo. dont stress yourself ok!

Tok to it in ur heart...nothing much we can do other than pray hard n hav faith...Yupz...is THE One liao....it can divide n become THE Two...

Are u feeling better?Hang on ya...the bloatedness will normally go off in 3-7days time....
Ya lor. Hope it can hear me! :)

Still very bloated. But today feels more like gastric, so diff type of sensitive. Shd be over soon!

Ya lor. Hope it can hear me! :)

Still very bloated. But today feels more like gastric, so diff type of sensitive. Shd be over soon!

Do a 千里传音...:D
Observely closely k...coz my pain last round started from gastrics pain...this round also has it but mild one...so shld not b a problem as long as it remains bearable...it will go off together with the bloatedness coz they r buddies...:rolleyes: coming at an interval, pulling or cramping type of feeling?

Today resting at the ward now. Put in my one and the only one golden egg. The good embryo arrested, make our decision easier. We have decided to transfer 1. But was worry about if the other one can make it to freeze or thaw. Now just need to concentrate on this precious one.

Woohoo!2ww begins!!...go grab more baby dust from the other thread!n pupo ya...rest well...:D

Last edited:
Dear 姐妹们

Have been feeling down and emotional these few days. The smallest things can drive me mad (eg. I horned rudely at road hogs); and the meaningless action put me to tears (eg. an email which I was not copied).

Am I going crazy or it's due to NorE, which I shall finish my last dosage tmr?

I have also been putting on weight way too fast. Since NorE Day 1 till Day 16, I have gained close to 3kg!

Yest was no good too. Got call from Women's Clinic asking me to collect prescription for infection. Dr picked up some virus from the recent biopsy.

Aiyo... the better me, please return quickly. I miss you! :(

Dear 姐妹们

Have been feeling down and emotional these few days. The smallest things can drive me mad (eg. I horned rudely at road hogs); and the meaningless action put me to tears (eg. an email which I was not copied).

I have also been putting on weight way too fast. Since NorE Day 1 till Day 16, I have gained close to 3kg!

Yest was no good too. Got call from Women's Clinic asking me to collect prescription for infection. Dr picked up some virus from the recent biopsy.

Aiyo....calm calm....seems tt nore is creating alot of stirrup in u...try to control it?think of things tt will make u happy...else filter...

R u asked to do some tests?y a biopsy...think from another perspective, is good to find out earlier than not knowing n putting ur baby or pregnancy at risk bcoz of the infection...noe it now n cure it right n fast...u will b ready soon to welcome the embie....

Do a 千里传音...:D
Observely closely k...coz my pain last round started from gastrics pain...this round also has it but mild one...so shld not b a problem as long as it remains bearable...it will go off together with the bloatedness coz they r buddies...:rolleyes: coming at an interval, pulling or cramping type of feeling?
More the pulling type ... not really interval ba, will feel it only if I move ... like if i take a deep breath :eek:

Did the progesterone jab just now, don't know if it's because the doc's good or my threshold for pain has gone up / all the pain receptors are too tired from the tummy bloating ... I didn't feel a thing when she warned me it'll be painful o_O She told me needle in liao, I was like "huh, ok" ... then tell me she'll slowly inject the oil in cos too fast will be painful .. but I didn't know it was done until she started throwing things away

Dear 姐妹们

Heh yeah today was super unreasonable :( We're really crazy people

Arranged for dates the next couple days so hopefully the good food and company will make me feel better. But hor, I got no appetite :(

Today resting at the ward now. Put in my one and the only one golden egg. The good embryo arrested, make our decision easier. We have decided to transfer 1. But was worry about if the other one can make it to freeze or thaw. Now just need to concentrate on this precious one.
Thats THE ONE.
Started your 2WW...do slow walk, apparently my friend told me slow walk better than bed rest. Eat well and zen during these 2 weeks ;)

Dear 姐妹们

You used to be very bubbly in the thread, chin up and come back ;)

Try to stay calm and cheerful, the weight gained is small matter, do more exercise later. Stay focus on what you are suppose to do and hang in there :)

加油!

More the pulling type ... not really interval ba, will feel it only if I move ... like if i take a deep breath :eek:

Did the progesterone jab just now, don't know if it's because the doc's good or my threshold for pain has gone up / all the pain receptors are too tired from the tummy bloating ... I didn't feel a thing when she warned me it'll be painful o_O She told me needle in liao, I was like "huh, ok" ... then tell me she'll slowly inject the oil in cos too fast will be painful .. but I didn't know it was done until she started throwing things away

Ah...then tt's fine if not at an interval n when u move...no space inside liao ma...squeezing n pressing against one another...esp when u move....

I trial test every now n then to counter check...I move into the most comfortable position n remains motionless,frozen...for mayb 15min then i will pass the test if no pain observed in tt position...then i resume activities...lolzzz
coz if even at a position im most comfortable with yet the pain is coming n coming irregardless of any positions...i will b extra watchful...hee....(pls dun laugh at my silly acts)

Good mah...is always good not to feel painful...dun care the reason,not pain is the best...lolzzzz....:D

Last edited:
Thank you my dear, time flies when doing the jab and before I know it, it's ER day, then to the days that is beyond our control. Let's keep our head high and positive! No one else can can do it for you except for yourself :)

Dun forget the almighty hubby...hehehe....:p

Anyone on the jab pervogaris this cycle? Can't rem who but someone had this on top of gonal F and it seems that yielded quite a number of good embryos? Does prof Wong prescribe this??

Any reasons y adding salt to isotonic drinks?we r not perspiring badly,y do we need to replenish or add on to the sodium intake?:D....
HMM. After ur question I went to search. If there's water retention, one should reduce salt intake. Not the other way round!

Anyone on the jab pervogaris this cycle? Can't rem who but someone had this on top of gonal F and it seems that yielded quite a number of good embryos? Does prof Wong prescribe this??
Prof prescribed for me but I don't know the result yet as will i will do ER tmr. I think mimidestiny too. Will let you know later! ;)

HMM. After ur question I went to search. If there's water retention, one should reduce salt intake. Not the other way round!

Patients with ohss are recommended to increase their salt intake to replenish their overly low salt/sodium level in their blood.

http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

"Decreased sodium or hyponatremia is a sign of severe OHSS and often results in the patient feeling sick and lethargic. This sign is found when your physician performs a blood test measuring serum sodium. The combination of low sodium and low intravascular volume is somewhat of a paradox and is also accompanied by low potassium (hypokalemia)."

Last edited:
Any reasons y adding salt to isotonic drinks?we r not perspiring badly,y do we need to replenish or add on to the sodium intake?:D....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/definition/con-20031445

"Hyponatremia is a condition that occurs when the level of sodium in your blood is abnormally low. Sodium is an electrolyte, and it helps regulate the amount of water that's in and around your cells."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyponatremia/basics/symptoms/con-20031445

"Hyponatremia signs and symptoms may include:
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Loss of energy and fatigue
  • Restlessness and irritability
  • Muscle weakness, spasms or cramps
  • Seizures
  • Coma"

I didn't know about the importance of salt until I read in some history that robbing the enemyarmy's salt supply caused their soldiers to suffer serious health problem and lose the war.

Last edited:

Back