Adlina, you may want to try drinking the non-carbonated 100plus? the nurses recommended that for me to drink 2 litres a day to prevent OHSS and it worked. just keep chugging it down and peeing it out. All the best!

I did iui last time on natural ovulation so i was thinking maybe fet can natural too but dr chew ask me go on medicated fet nw..maybe coz of my polyp removal..he needs me to maintain a thin lining .then he's also going on leave so he wants to plan it as such to do trf when back fr leave..
I see, Dr chew is an experienced doc, so you are in good hands. I think for medicated, there is no need to go down daily to clinic to scan, right?
Good luck in your fet soon!

hi i also ovulate regulary , does that mean i can skip injections? i am scare of them
Have you gone through at least 1 ivf cycle (ER)? u need to go through injections in your fresh first to stimulate follicle growth to yield a good number of eggs for ER.

If you are not doing fresh transfer, then u can skip injections in natural fet next cycle with frozen embryos. But ultimately do hear what doc would advise first.

Hi Grace, I went through ER today. Was supposed to go for ER at 10am but ended up waiting till 12.10pm and everything was over very fast. I woke up at 1pm. The procedure was painless and didnt feel anything at all until I was awake then I felt slight cramp. But seems now, I began to feel severe cramps and had some difficulty walking at times. Felt like mensus cramp but of a higher grade. Ok, you'll be surprised if I tell you that they extracted 32 eggs from me! Yes, that is extremely a lot. And sadly, I'm having OHSS with swollen ovary. So doctor needs to monitor again. The egg transfer can only be carried out unless my OHSS subside by this Monday. Currently, I'm given medication to subside the OHSS.
That's a great number of eggs! For my fresh, I got 17 eggs and doc said I was at risk of OHSS too. But I still went ahead with the ET 3 days later, after the pain subsided with drinking 100 plus. kind of regretted doing fresh transfer after that, as I felt my body wasn't ready for another "op" so fast. True enough, I didn't bfped in that cycle..just sharing.
All the best and may u achieve many blasts!

I see, Dr chew is an experienced doc, so you are in good hands. I think for medicated, there is no need to go down daily to clinic to scan, right?
Good luck in your fet soon!
No need..im seeing him on 5th dec but the day i saw him was post ER review i was having my menses so he say good can calculate when to remove my polyp n fet in jan..he's going on leave in end dec till mid jan so he needs to prolong my medication a bit

That's a great number of eggs! For my fresh, I got 17 eggs and doc said I was at risk of OHSS too. But I still went ahead with the ET 3 days later, after the pain subsided with drinking 100 plus. kind of regretted doing fresh transfer after that, as I felt my body wasn't ready for another "op" so fast. True enough, I didn't bfped in that cycle..just sharing.
All the best and may u achieve many blasts!
How many blast or embryos did you transfer? I'm supposed to go tmrw for further test. They might transfer blast on Wed.. So do you suggest I should proceed or wait?

Did you suddenly get ohss after your trigger (cos my doc told that can happen)? or all along your doc has been warning u that u were running the risk of ohss?
I only had it a day before the trigger. I am hoping that this OHSS will be ok soon...

Adlina, you may want to try drinking the non-carbonated 100plus? the nurses recommended that for me to drink 2 litres a day to prevent OHSS and it worked. just keep chugging it down and peeing it out. All the best!
okies I'll try.. I hope it will subside soon... The nurses told me to not drink cold drinks especially with ice and no carbonated drinks. She also told me to cut down liquid.. So i've been drinking less these few days. I really hope everything goes well..

How many blast or embryos did you transfer? I'm supposed to go tmrw for further test. They might transfer blast on Wed.. So do you suggest I should proceed or wait?
I transferred one 3-day embryo in my first fresh cos if to wait for blast, it would fall on a Sunday and they didn't do transfer on Sundays. I bfn that cycle..For my FET, I transferred 1 blast and got my long awaited bfp.
Hmm.. I know is hard to have to wait for next cycle to transfer, so it depends on how ready u are. There are many ladies here who transferred 1 blast in fresh and succeeded. For myself, I will wait and give my body more time to prepare.

I transferred one 3-day embryo in my first fresh cos if to wait for blast, it would fall on a Sunday and they didn't do transfer on Sundays. I bfn that cycle..For my FET, I transferred 1 blast and got my long awaited bfp.
Hmm.. I know is hard to have to wait for next cycle to transfer, so it depends on how ready u are. There are many ladies here who transferred 1 blast in fresh and succeeded. For myself, I will wait and give my body more time to prepare.
Ah I see... I m gg for my test later and see what the doc got to say... Will update you ladies.. Pray that everything goes well for me..

Hi everyone i went for my 1st egg scanning after my 11 days of jab.. dr suspect i might have ohss as my egg are big.. tmr going for another scan to confirm. If high chance of ohss then i got to freeze the embroys and do ivf the next cycle..
Sob sob

Ah I see... I m gg for my test later and see what the doc got to say... Will update you ladies.. Pray that everything goes well for me..

praying for you! did you feel nauseous this entire time? and did you have bad diarrhea? i did my trigger last night and egg retrieval tomorrow, your 32 are awesome keep us updated!!
when they did my scan yesterday they saw 24++ eggs,, and i feel so sick and diarrhea up til yesterday they triggered and i feel alot better today. they also said after retrieval have to monitor if OHSS need to skip this cycle..

Hi all, going through my first IVF in November as well.

Went for my first consultation on Saturday after 4 days of injections and Dr also said that I am running the risk of getting OHSS. Which means I might have to freeze my embryos after ER and do FET 2 months later. Was kinda sad when he said that because I was already quite focused on doing both ER and ET this cycle. We asked the nurse and she said the clinic success rate for fresh cycle is 30% and success rate for FET is 35%.

Going for my second scan tmr and hopefully everything will be ok!

praying for you! did you feel nauseous this entire time? and did you have bad diarrhea? i did my trigger last night and egg retrieval tomorrow, your 32 are awesome keep us updated!!
when they did my scan yesterday they saw 24++ eggs,, and i feel so sick and diarrhea up til yesterday they triggered and i feel alot better today. they also said after retrieval have to monitor if OHSS need to skip this cycle..

Hi, I was supposed to go for my transfer on Monday.. But the doc didnt want to transfer 2 embryos. out of 32, 7 fertilized + 4 more developing. Out of the 7, 3 of which were good grades will the other 4 were progressing very well. And since my OHSS was still on a high side, the doc suggested that I do a blast transfer tomorrow (Wed). They were afraid if 2 embryos transfer, i may get pregnant with twins and that is very risky for me as I gave birth to my twins via c-sect. The chances for having twins is also higher because my 1st pair were conceived with just 1st attempt of IUI.

Hi, I was supposed to go for my transfer on Monday.. But the doc didnt want to transfer 2 embryos. out of 32, 7 fertilized + 4 more developing. Out of the 7, 3 of which were good grades will the other 4 were progressing very well. And since my OHSS was still on a high side, the doc suggested that I do a blast transfer tomorrow (Wed). They were afraid if 2 embryos transfer, i may get pregnant with twins and that is very risky for me as I gave birth to my twins via c-sect. The chances for having twins is also higher because my 1st pair were conceived with just 1st attempt of IUI.

All it takes is one! may He ease our affairs!

Hi Ladies,

I started 2nd cycle ytd, my 1st ended up in an ectopic... I am with SGH any sisters here with SGH too...

okies I'll try.. I hope it will subside soon... The nurses told me to not drink cold drinks especially with ice and no carbonated drinks. She also told me to cut down liquid.. So i've been drinking less these few days. I really hope everything goes well..
I had ohss too. Like you, it was higher intensity if cramping with inability to walk most of the time. I was drinking a lot of 100plus and ensure milk although I felt really bloated.. however it did help. My ohss subsided after 8 days or so after ER..

I just had my first scan yesterday and my gynae said my lining is ready for FET! I'm so excited and anxious at the same time :)

I had ohss too. Like you, it was higher intensity if cramping with inability to walk most of the time. I was drinking a lot of 100plus and ensure milk although I felt really bloated.. however it did help. My ohss subsided after 8 days or so after ER..

I just had my first scan yesterday and my gynae said my lining is ready for FET! I'm so excited and anxious at the same time :)

Glad that my OHSS subside. Had 1 blastocyst transferred just now. everything seems well. No symptoms or cramping yet. Just sitting down and hoping for the best

All it takes is one! may He ease our affairs!
Hi dear, had your transfer today? I had mine today. The doc transferred 1 blast out of 10 blastocyst. In that 10, 4 were very good and has fully blast while the other 6 is still developing. For now, I am just hoping for the best.

Hi dear, had your transfer today? I had mine today. The doc transferred 1 blast out of 10 blastocyst. In that 10, 4 were very good and has fully blast while the other 6 is still developing. For now, I am just hoping for the best.
Hi adlina,
May I know why didn't you trf 2 blast? Thanks

Hi adlina,
May I know why didn't you trf 2 blast? Thanks
I wanted to but the doc was not keen. She said that looking at my embryos development chances of pregnancy is high. But it all depends because according to them what they commented was just according to what they see under the microscope. They are afraid that if 2 were transferred, I may end up with another pair of twins which will be a high risk for me. 1stly because, my first pregnancy was conceived via IUI and it was only 1 attempt. With that 1st attempt I was pregnant with twins. So they are afraid if this time put 2, the chances of getting twins is higher. 2ndly, I gave birth my twins through C-Sect which will result in thinning the wound inside. So they do no want to take the risk. I insisted at first, but they still said better not take the chance. So right now, I am praying hard that this blastocyst will be a success. Till now, I have no symptoms yet.

I wanted to but the doc was not keen. She said that looking at my embryos development chances of pregnancy is high. But it all depends because according to them what they commented was just according to what they see under the microscope. They are afraid that if 2 were transferred, I may end up with another pair of twins which will be a high risk for me. 1stly because, my first pregnancy was conceived via IUI and it was only 1 attempt. With that 1st attempt I was pregnant with twins. So they are afraid if this time put 2, the chances of getting twins is higher. 2ndly, I gave birth my twins through C-Sect which will result in thinning the wound inside. So they do no want to take the risk. I insisted at first, but they still said better not take the chance. So right now, I am praying hard that this blastocyst will be a success. Till now, I have no symptoms yet.

dear does blast means its 5 days embryo? i'm going for my egg transfer consultation tomorrow which means it's at day 3.. but i heard day 5 is higher success rate but it falls on a sunday so i dont think KK does sunday transfer. now can only pray embryos growing well..
hows your OHSS all better now?

Oh no wonder... good luck and baby dust to you :)

dear does blast means its 5 days embryo? i'm going for my egg transfer consultation tomorrow which means it's at day 3.. but i heard day 5 is higher success rate but it falls on a sunday so i dont think KK does sunday transfer. now can only pray embryos growing well..
Yup.. Blast is Day 5 embryo where the cells have already split and waiting to be hatch. My OHSS was much better. Before the transfer, the nurses did scanning first to see whether is there any excessive fluid. All the best to you.. Do keep us updated ok

Yep I had my day-2 transfer yesterday.
Transferred two 4-cell. :)
And froze the rest.
Not sure what are the do's and don'ts of post embryo transfer. cos I dont think i can stay cooped up at home like this!

There are mixed reviews about this. Some fertility centres do day 2-transfer/day-3 transfer because the embryologists believe that the embryos survive better in natural environment. Some do day-5 blastocyst transfer because they grow well in the lab, therefore they should also thrive well in the uterus. So, it really depends. No transfer is better than the other I believe. :)

All the best for your transfer!

There are mixed reviews about this. Some fertility centres do day 2-transfer/day-3 transfer because the embryologists believe that the embryos survive better in natural environment. Some do day-5 blastocyst transfer because they grow well in the lab, therefore they should also thrive well in the uterus. So, it really depends. No transfer is better than the other I believe. :)

All the best for your transfer!
hi dear! thanks!! so glad to meet sisters that are on the same boat as me, i dont feel so blind doing all this. WAH congrats on your transfer! did you request to have 2 transferred or dr recommend? i'm planning to just let dr decide for me. are you doing any bedrest? i plan to bedrest 1 day and do normal activities so wont go insane..

Yup.. Blast is Day 5 embryo where the cells have already split and waiting to be hatch. My OHSS was much better. Before the transfer, the nurses did scanning first to see whether is there any excessive fluid. All the best to you.. Do keep us updated ok
good to hear your ohss is better! they gave me 8 day course of tabs to make sure i wont kena the OHSS too and so far so good! will update you after i meet dr tomorrow at 9am :D

good to hear your ohss is better! they gave me 8 day course of tabs to make sure i wont kena the OHSS too and so far so good! will update you after i meet dr tomorrow at 9am :D
Yes, I was given that too... 8days tablet. All the best to you

Yep I had my day-2 transfer yesterday.
Transferred two 4-cell. :)
And froze the rest.
Not sure what are the do's and don'ts of post embryo transfer. cos I dont think i can stay cooped up at home like this!
Me too... Had a bedrest ystrdy and my whole body start to ache. Did you have any symptoms after the transfer. Up to today, I have yet to feel anything except extremely bloated. Quite nervous actually since the doc transferred only 1.

Me too... Had a bedrest ystrdy and my whole body start to ache. Did you have any symptoms after the transfer. Up to today, I have yet to feel anything except extremely bloated. Quite nervous actually since the doc transferred only 1.

No symptoms yet for me...could be too early! what medication did your doc prescribe you? i'm on utrogestan and progynova. not sure which is causing me to burp a lot and get nauseous.

hi dear! thanks!! so glad to meet sisters that are on the same boat as me, i dont feel so blind doing all this. WAH congrats on your transfer! did you request to have 2 transferred or dr recommend? i'm planning to just let dr decide for me. are you doing any bedrest? i plan to bedrest 1 day and do normal activities so wont go insane..

Yep doc recommended me to put in 2 embies.
I only had bedrest on the first day.
Was already up and about on second day. took my mind off whether it is going to be positive or not.

We can get through this!

Thanks HavingHope... So which stage are you at now?
I'm waiting for my cycle schedule in Dec. Hoping my menses to report on 18 or 19 Dec so that I can proceed with the first scan to start the injection. Praying hard to complete everything by CNY

No symptoms yet for me...could be too early! what medication did your doc prescribe you? i'm on utrogestan and progynova. not sure which is causing me to burp a lot and get nauseous.
The doc didnt prescribe any except folic acids and Crinone gel which I have to insert to my VV morning and night for 18 days till the day of pregnancy test. Up to today I feel extremely bloated.

The doc didnt prescribe any except folic acids and Crinone gel which I have to insert to my VV morning and night for 18 days till the day of pregnancy test. Up to today I feel extremely bloated.

You tried drinking 3L of water? i take water and ajwa dates. can help with the bloating, i think.

Back