Hi ladies
I'm new here. Started my 1st IVF this month at SGH, under DR Yu.. Have my first inject Centrotide last Thur for 6 days and start my Gonal-F yesterday. Kind of scare have to inject myself. Feeling is bad. My hand trembling a bit. Oh my Gosh..

I had my husband to do it for me. I have no guts to do it on my own.

Hihi! How's it going so far?

I am waiting impatiently to really start everything. Time is passing so slowly!
Hi,

Went for my 2nd scan today. Today is my day 7.. Everything seems quite positive. 5 follicles on each side measuring from 9mm to 11mm. So I have a total of 10 follicles. Hoping that it will continue to grow bigger. My lining is 10mm. Estimated to go for egg retrieval on Wednesday or Thursday. What about u?

Hi,

Went for my 2nd scan today. Today is my day 7.. Everything seems quite positive. 5 follicles on each side measuring from 9mm to 11mm. So I have a total of 10 follicles. Hoping that it will continue to grow bigger. My lining is 10mm. Estimated to go for egg retrieval on Wednesday or Thursday. What about u?

Wooh!
I had my Day 6 scan and I only have 8 follicles! Doctor said it's a slow growth cos my eggs are averaging 6mm to 10mm.
So my retrieval will be on the week of 21 Nov.
Doctor just increased my dosage to 300 iu (gonal f) and orgalutran.
What dosage did your doc prescribe you?

A lot of egg white and chicken breast / fish. At least that's what my doc told me. High-protein diet :)
Thanks dear!
Today day 2 of my jab. I am proud that i did it myself even i am very scare of needle. Haha but i forget to expel the air out.. hope it will not affect anything.

Wooh!
I had my Day 6 scan and I only have 8 follicles! Doctor said it's a slow growth cos my eggs are averaging 6mm to 10mm.
So my retrieval will be on the week of 21 Nov.
Doctor just increased my dosage to 300 iu (gonal f) and orgalutran.
What dosage did your doc prescribe you?
The doc prescribed me 1.75ml per day of Puregon since mensus day 2 and 0.25ml on last Thurs up to today. I'll be going for my scan later to monitor the eggs.

Hi catinthesky,
Yes u can start your ivf cycle in Nov. I was with NUH on short protocol and last did my 3rd failed iui in April. Started ivf cycle the following month.
In your case, assuming if u are with nuh and your period comes this month, u have to call the hosp and inform them u want do ivf. they will arrange a date for u and your hubby for counselling, and u will be on nor-e med on day 18 of your cycle for 10 days. Your next menses should come within 5 days of stopping the nor-e, and the actual ivf stimulation jab will start.
Dun worry, nurses will explain what u need to do.
Ohh btw, have u gone for any ivf briefing organised by nuh? I think they hold the briefing once every 6 weeks which can help understand the whole ivf process better. Can check it with nurse :)

Hi! Can u share with me the costs for every appt? Im with NUH too and currently on my 3rd cycle of IUI. I intend to do IVF so hopefully u can share with me what to expect for all the appts and price-wise? Oh im also under subsidised just in case u might wanna know. Thank you so much! :)

Hi! Can u share with me the costs for every appt? Im with NUH too and currently on my 3rd cycle of IUI. I intend to do IVF so hopefully u can share with me what to expect for all the appts and price-wise? Oh im also under subsidised just in case u might wanna know. Thank you so much! :)
Hello, once you are in the ivf programme, there will be blood tests and regular scans to monitor your follicle & lining growth, once every 2 or 3 days. The injection type and stimulation dosage will be adjusted accordingly. As for the costs, there is no need to pay upfront for these scans and tests, cos they will send u a bill after your ER/ET. The bill size depends on your stimulation dosage, supports like crinone gel. For my case, my first fresh was abt $12k plus in all, but after deducting govt grant and medisave, I didn't have to pay any cash..only need buy additional supports from pharmacy.
Good luck!

Thank u! Baby dust to all of us!
I am beginning to feel the stress and emotional disturb as my IVF is coming to an end soon. Tonight at 11pm will be my trigger shot and the needle is extremely bigger than normal. My egg retrieval will be this friday at 10am and egg transfer will be on Monday. It is so stressful as I am not a pill eater. I have to swallow 4 pills which is a torture for me... Haizz.. I just hope this journey will be a successful journey for me...

Hello, once you are in the ivf programme, there will be blood tests and regular scans to monitor your follicle & lining growth, once every 2 or 3 days. The injection type and stimulation dosage will be adjusted accordingly. As for the costs, there is no need to pay upfront for these scans and tests, cos they will send u a bill after your ER/ET. The bill size depends on your stimulation dosage, supports like crinone gel. For my case, my first fresh was abt $12k plus in all, but after deducting govt grant and medisave, I didn't have to pay any cash..only need buy additional supports from pharmacy.
Good luck!

That's so good! I went for my briefing and found out that I might have to top up 4-5K after govt grant and medisave, because hubby is PR and my medication dosage is high to begin with. :eek:

I am beginning to feel the stress and emotional disturb as my IVF is coming to an end soon. Tonight at 11pm will be my trigger shot and the needle is extremely bigger than normal. My egg retrieval will be this friday at 10am and egg transfer will be on Monday. It is so stressful as I am not a pill eater. I have to swallow 4 pills which is a torture for me... Haizz.. I just hope this journey will be a successful journey for me...

Press on! A few more days and you can put those hateful needles aside, rest and relax and wait for good news!

I really feel IVF moms are so strong and brave to go through everything.

Anyone here had just 1 embryo or 1 blastocyst transferred and got a successful BFP? I just find out that the doc will only transer 1. 1 because she is afraid that I may be pregnant with twins again as I onced conceived twins. My twins are 5 this yr and had no complications. They were born at 38wks+6days. There were conceived via IUI with just 1 attempt. Subsequently year 2013-2015 I tried again with 3 attempts of IUI but all failed. Am just wondering why the doc refused thinks that multiple pregnancy will always be a risk... So anyone here had just 1 blastocyst transferred and successful? i am kinda stressed and worried if it will not be successful cos like any other people, I am not prepared for another failure.

Anyone here had just 1 embryo or 1 blastocyst transferred and got a successful BFP? I just find out that the doc will only transer 1. 1 because she is afraid that I may be pregnant with twins again as I onced conceived twins. My twins are 5 this yr and had no complications. They were born at 38wks+6days. There were conceived via IUI with just 1 attempt. Subsequently year 2013-2015 I tried again with 3 attempts of IUI but all failed. Am just wondering why the doc refused thinks that multiple pregnancy will always be a risk... So anyone here had just 1 blastocyst transferred and successful? i am kinda stressed and worried if it will not be successful cos like any other people, I am not prepared for another failure.
Hi adlina, for my first cycle I also had one blast transferred and BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks. But my blast was only 'okay grade' according to my dr. If u have a good quality one, one is all that is needed. Ultimately, you can always request for 2 but it is your decision. All the best!

Hi adlina, for my first cycle I also had one blast transferred and BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks. But my blast was only 'okay grade' according to my dr. If u have a good quality one, one is all that is needed. Ultimately, you can always request for 2 but it is your decision. All the best!
Hi Vk85, did the doc mentioned why only 1 was transferred? Which doc was you with? So wats your status now? Still trying for a second time?

Hi Vk85, did the doc mentioned why only 1 was transferred? Which doc was you with? So wats your status now? Still trying for a second time?
Mine was Dr Sadhana from KKH. She also quoted multiple pregnancy and that I am young (30) plus I have high risk of Gestational Diabetes and it was also my first IVF.
Now I am towards the end of my 2ww after my second fresh cycle, transferred two beautiful 3-day embryos at SGH under Dr Yu Su Ling. I think once failure is experienced, the risks seem minimal.

It is going to be my last scan tomorrow before trigger! My follicles range between 10 - 15 mm.
My estimated day of retrieval is either Sat, Sun or Mon.
Sun means surcharge of $800 o_O

One is all it takes, if all goes well insya allah. :) I am not sure about my doctor if she is keen to transfer two, because like you, I am quite insecure about having only one blastocyst.

One is all it takes, if all goes well insya allah. :) I am not sure about my doctor if she is keen to transfer two, because like you, I am quite insecure about having only one blastocyst.
When will you be going for your egg retrieval? How's your progress for now?

Mine was Dr Sadhana from KKH. She also quoted multiple pregnancy and that I am young (30) plus I have high risk of Gestational Diabetes and it was also my first IVF.
Now I am towards the end of my 2ww after my second fresh cycle, transferred two beautiful 3-day embryos at SGH under Dr Yu Su Ling. I think once failure is experienced, the risks seem minimal.
Seems like Dr Sadhana prefers to transfer only 1.. Me too with Dr Sadhana and I have a fellow friend who is under her also transferred just 1. Sadly, the IVF failed too for her.

Seems like Dr Sadhana prefers to transfer only 1.. Me too with Dr Sadhana and I have a fellow friend who is under her also transferred just 1. Sadly, the IVF failed too for her.
yeah I think she is quite conservative. She gave me very low dosage during my stims to prevent OHSS and only increased towards the last 2 days when my follices were not growing. In SGH I have increased dosage + growth factor and it really helped increase my egg yield. But at the end of the day, its trial and error cuz SGH only increased the dosage cuz the lesser one didn't work at KKH.

If you are really not comfortable you can request 2 I guess. In the end I only had 1 blast left at day 5 so end of discussion for me haha.

I transferred only 1 blast for my natural fet, at 10 weeks now. Mine was according to embryologist a "very good" grade. Was and still with NUH. I think docs will always advise to transfer only 1 embryo becos of risk of complications from twin pregnancy. I am 35 this year btw, not too old but not young either to conceive.
For my first fresh, I transferred 1 day 3 embryo but bfn. For my next one, I will likely go for 2 since age will be catching up.

I transferred only 1 blast for my natural fet, at 10 weeks now. Mine was according to embryologist a "very good" grade. Was and still with NUH. I think docs will always advise to transfer only 1 embryo becos of risk of complications from twin pregnancy. I am 35 this year btw, not too old but not young either to conceive.
For my first fresh, I transferred 1 day 3 embryo but bfn. For my next one, I will likely go for 2 since age will be catching up.
Hey..could you kindly share wats the protocol & timeline for natural FET?

Maybe you can try to convince her that this could be your last pregnancy...then maybe, just maybe she might be willing to transfer 2...

Wat does natural FET means? So 1 blastocyst can actually works? were you comfortable when the doc decided to put only 1?

were you ladies given orgalutran first for 5 days and then start stims after? my second ultrasound to see how the eggs are doing is tomorrow at day 6 stims and i dont know what to expect or when will ER be... please share your experiences :)

Last edited:
were you ladies given orgalutran first for 5 days and then start stims after? my second ultrasound to see how the eggs are doing is tomorrow at day 6 stims and i dont know what to expect or when will ER be... please share your experiences :)
hi grace yes I was goven Orgalutron for first 4 days. then after that just puregon everyday and growth factor every 3 days then towards the end of stims (CD 11 onwards i think..cant recall exactly) I was told to add in Orgalutron again.

Orgalutron is to prevent ovulation and puregon to grow thr follicles. there is no exact date but ER shd ve ard CD 14-16 but mostly based on the sizes of the follicles. They need them to reach at least 14 and above I think.

hi grace yes I was goven Orgalutron for first 4 days. then after that just puregon everyday and growth factor every 3 days then towards the end of stims (CD 11 onwards i think..cant recall exactly) I was told to add in Orgalutron again.

Orgalutron is to prevent ovulation and puregon to grow thr follicles. there is no exact date but ER shd ve ard CD 14-16 but mostly based on the sizes of the follicles. They need them to reach at least 14 and above I think.

thanks so much for your insights! really helpful :)

I was given Puregon only for 5 days then on the 6th day onwrds was given Puregon + orgalutron for another 5 days.. My ER is tmrw at 10am..

Hey..could you kindly share wats the protocol & timeline for natural FET?
Natural fet is for those with regular menstrual cycle, i.e will ovulate. I thought my cycle was quite regular one, so after my failed fresh, doc asked me try for natural fet.

When menses came, I called CHR (Nuh) and they will tell me to go to the clinic on my 10th day of cycle. Thereafter need to be at clinic almost daily to monitor follicle growth to see if I ovulated or not, and also blood test to check hormone level. When doc could no longer see follicle in ovary, it means ovulation has taken place. Mine ovulated on day 14. So 5 days later, that is on cycle day 20, I transferred 1 blast which was thawed a day before transfer.
In this whole natural fet process, there's no need take any medication or injection, so it was absolutely natural, which I feel blessed to have it worked for me.

Wat does natural FET means? So 1 blastocyst can actually works? were you comfortable when the doc decided to put only 1?
Hello, it means a frozen embryo transfer cycle with no medication, no injection at all. All through daily monitoring from 10th day of menstrual cycle onwards to see when ovulation takes place. ET will then be carried out 3 to 5 days after ovulation. Hmm I didn't feel anything physically when doc transferred only 1. it's ultimately your decision whether to put 1 or 2 before they do the actual transfer.
Yeah, I would say 1 blast worked for me. I think there are many others who also bfped with just one blast. Having said that, if I were any older or were unsuccessful in more than one previous attempts, i will definitely transfer more than 1 embryo to increase my chances.

Natural fet is for those with regular menstrual cycle, i.e will ovulate. I thought my cycle was quite regular one, so after my failed fresh, doc asked me try for natural fet.

When menses came, I called CHR (Nuh) and they will tell me to go to the clinic on my 10th day of cycle. Thereafter need to be at clinic almost daily to monitor follicle growth to see if I ovulated or not, and also blood test to check hormone level. When doc could no longer see follicle in ovary, it means ovulation has taken place. Mine ovulated on day 14. So 5 days later, that is on cycle day 20, I transferred 1 blast which was thawed a day before transfer.
In this whole natural fet process, there's no need take any medication or injection, so it was absolutely natural, which I feel blessed to have it worked for me.
I did iui last time on natural ovulation so i was thinking maybe fet can natural too but dr chew ask me go on medicated fet nw..maybe coz of my polyp removal..he needs me to maintain a thin lining .then he's also going on leave so he wants to plan it as such to do trf when back fr leave..

I was given Puregon only for 5 days then on the 6th day onwrds was given Puregon + orgalutron for another 5 days.. My ER is tmrw at 10am..

ALL the best for today dear! let us know how was it... i went to ultrasound today too and eggs are still small..biggest is only 12.5mm and dr said she wants to see at least 17mm..so need to stim more (i was looking forward to no more needles :( ) and hopefully ER next wednesday.

hi i also ovulate regulary , does that mean i can skip injections? i am scare of them

Hi all does the scan of the injection give u mc?

Scanning days depend on the hospital.
Mount E allows for scanning to be done in the evenings after work.
So I do not need to take time off.
I do hear about KKH doing follicle scanning in the mornings only. You will definitely need time off then.

hi i also ovulate regulary , does that mean i can skip injections? i am scare of them

You need to yield a number of eggs, probably around 10 to 20 (not sure about the numbers) in order to do ivf. Those with low ovarian reserve who only produce 2 - 3 eggs after injections, will still have their egg retrieval as per protocol.
You need the injections to stimulate the ovaries to produce more than 1 egg (as how you usually ovulate naturally).

ALL the best for today dear! let us know how was it... i went to ultrasound today too and eggs are still small..biggest is only 12.5mm and dr said she wants to see at least 17mm..so need to stim more (i was looking forward to no more needles :( ) and hopefully ER next wednesday.

Hi Grace, I went through ER today. Was supposed to go for ER at 10am but ended up waiting till 12.10pm and everything was over very fast. I woke up at 1pm. The procedure was painless and didnt feel anything at all until I was awake then I felt slight cramp. But seems now, I began to feel severe cramps and had some difficulty walking at times. Felt like mensus cramp but of a higher grade. Ok, you'll be surprised if I tell you that they extracted 32 eggs from me! Yes, that is extremely a lot. And sadly, I'm having OHSS with swollen ovary. So doctor needs to monitor again. The egg transfer can only be carried out unless my OHSS subside by this Monday. Currently, I'm given medication to subside the OHSS.

Hi Grace, I went through ER today. Was supposed to go for ER at 10am but ended up waiting till 12.10pm and everything was over very fast. I woke up at 1pm. The procedure was painless and didnt feel anything at all until I was awake then I felt slight cramp. But seems now, I began to feel severe cramps and had some difficulty walking at times. Felt like mensus cramp but of a higher grade. Ok, you'll be surprised if I tell you that they extracted 32 eggs from me! Yes, that is extremely a lot. And sadly, I'm having OHSS with swollen ovary. So doctor needs to monitor again. The egg transfer can only be carried out unless my OHSS subside by this Monday. Currently, I'm given medication to subside the OHSS.

Did you suddenly get ohss after your trigger (cos my doc told that can happen)? or all along your doc has been warning u that u were running the risk of ohss?

Back