IVF/ICSI Support Group

This is very true... My concept initially is if I do 1 fresh and 1 FET with the same batch of eggs and still fail, maybe the egg quality was not good in the first place becos I haven't tiao my body enough with diet and TCM? Then perhaps it's good to harvest a new round of eggs...?

The only problem is HL lah. First try usually the boss will be accommodating. Think if I need to do 2nd fresh or more, will need to go back to work during 2ww. I know some of the girls here did that and don't find it an issue.

Towkayneo and bunny33 like alumni coming back to visit and advise the 学妹们。lol.
I've taken full HL for 3 rounds Liao until my coll all suspect something not right.. Lol

My boss has been very supportive this round. But probably cos he's not familiar with success rates.

But whatever, this ivf thing is my priority. If really have to heck the job or the boss or pass up on promotion, so be it bah.
Yeah my boss also supportive during the first fresh.. Second fresh she ask I still need to go see doc how many more times.. Haha.. That was during the stim phase. 3rd round was medicated FET so not so frequent monitoring so she still ok.
When comes to the HL after ET so far she's ok, never ask me to go back during HL. And I Guess my company will never ask us to go back during HL

Yeah my boss also supportive during the first fresh.. Second fresh she ask I still need to go see doc how many more times.. Haha.. That was during the stim phase. 3rd round was medicated FET so not so frequent monitoring so she still ok.
When comes to the HL after ET so far she's ok, never ask me to go back during HL. And I Guess my company will never ask us to go back during HL
I was also very open with some of my closer colleagues and boss that I'm going for ivf. And that it may take more than 1 round. I don't care if they pity me or whatsoever, so long they don't bug me during this period. At most change jobs after I get my baby.

I still have a report to be done in the midst of my 2ww to come. >.<

I was also very open with some of my closer colleagues and boss that I'm going for ivf. And that it may take more than 1 round. I don't care if they pity me or whatsoever, so long they don't bug me during this period. At most change jobs after I get my baby.

I still have a report to be done in the midst of my 2ww to come. >.<
I'm not that open la.. But when they ask I don't know what excuse to give to take such Long HL.. Not good at telling lies :p

I also never ask hahaha...but I have only 8 so rather worried about the outcome.
For my last FET, I thawed blast 5 too out of 10 frozen embryos, 4 made it to Day 5, was able to transfer 2 best (1 good blast and 1 early blast) but remaining 2 not good enough to freeze. Now singleton baby due soon :)
Have faith and focus on what you can do to prepare for ET. Jia you!

I'm not that open la.. But when they ask I don't know what excuse to give to take such Long HL.. Not good at telling lies :p

Hi ladies ... I wanted to tell lie at the beginning .. I m doing 2nd cycle in July. Last year , I failed my 1st cycle ... Very sad ..

Now job market no good, Even I tell my boss I go for IVF, wan try for baby .. He is quite supportive too, just that my job need to delegate properly . If really need, they wan me answer Whatsspp or call

Hi ladies ... I wanted to tell lie at the beginning .. I m doing 2nd cycle in July. Last year , I failed my 1st cycle ... Very sad ..

Now job market no good, Even I tell my boss I go for IVF, wan try for baby .. He is quite supportive too, just that my job need to delegate properly . If really need, they wan me answer Whatsspp or call

My sup n boss quite understanding.. Few days b4 er we had a meeting.. My sup ask my workload ok? If too much she can take off some.. She aso told my colleague not to let me carry heavy files.. Den my boss say they most concern is my health.. I hear le i feel very touch

My sup n boss quite understanding.. Few days b4 er we had a meeting.. My sup ask my workload ok? If too much she can take off some.. She aso told my colleague not to let me carry heavy files.. Den my boss say they most concern is my health.. I hear le i feel very touch
Then ur ladies very lucky .
My male boss also good to me, but sometimes business first.
This 2nd cycle I really facing a lot of challenges , worry about work, money, my hubby need duty travel during my cycle ...

My male boss spread my news for my colleagues ... So no choice I need to be honest to them.

Lucky they r very good. Help me cover my monthly reports ..

And 1st Aug I changing to new job agency, and I scare they didn't pay me HL , because MoM stated need service 3 months then entitle HL..

I told myself " be positive ", but sometime it is quite hard

I just had the egg transfer today! Transferred one blastocyst. However, had tummy ache and had to poop 2 hours after the transfer. Am pretty worried now. Would it affect?
Babe, don't worry or stress yourself out. The womb and rectum are different & separate areas and should not affect. Keep well hydrated, eat healthy, rest well and stay positive! Jia you!

Babe, don't worry or stress yourself out. The womb and rectum are different & separate areas and should not affect. Keep well hydrated, eat healthy, rest well and stay positive! Jia you!

Thank you! Was worried about the straining hehe. Thanks

Same here. Thus far my boss quite supportive as it is my first round. Don't dare to imagine subsequent cycles how she will react. When I told her after ER, I will be on HL for 19 days, she asked 'why need so long?' I have heard of some ladies going back to work during HL but I think I will take the full HL to properly rest as I tend to get stressed up at work.

Wondering for ER, must the follicles be 18 mm before doc gives trigger shot? Usually after trigger shot, would follicles become much bigger?

Its gd to have supportif colleagues and bosses.Unlike my colleagues...All kepocy....After failed fresh 1st cycle....no empathy at all...what dey gif me was stares wich tells like aiyo go for ivf yet fail that kinda lookkk.....some even sugest this suggest that....nw goin for 2nd cycle soon dun knw what dey gona say if fail also...And if pass sure say sometin also...pple mouth just canot shut and mind their own business

Last edited:
Same here. Thus far my boss quite supportive as it is my first round. Don't dare to imagine subsequent cycles how she will react. When I told her after ER, I will be on HL for 19 days, she asked 'why need so long?' I have heard of some ladies going back to work during HL but I think I will take the full HL to properly rest as I tend to get stressed up at work.

Wondering for ER, must the follicles be 18 mm before doc gives trigger shot? Usually after trigger shot, would follicles become much bigger?

I also thought bout it durin 1st cycle. Bt end up didnt succeed. So I tot to myself heck it. 2nd cycle Jz as per normal go work do my stuff. Prob tk extra care. I knw my boss would prob b ok bt I feel paiseh to kp taking. I haven reali disclosed to my partner colleague though cz I knw she will b so kpo!

I also thought bout it durin 1st cycle. Bt end up didnt succeed. So I tot to myself heck it. 2nd cycle Jz as per normal go work do my stuff. Prob tk extra care. I knw my boss would prob b ok bt I feel paiseh to kp taking. I haven reali disclosed to my partner colleague though cz I knw she will b so kpo!
Tink when im goin for my 2nd fresh cycle im gona haf that kind of dun care attitude.....Hl dun take full.Go to work.So dun tink too much care too much that may results like the first...

@hajar

Don't bother too much about what they think or say. Not many people can understand what we are going thru. I know my colleagues will be talking behind my back too but at this point I can't be bothered. I have more things to worry about... Like size of my follicles! What to eat during TWW etc. :)

People need to be educated about fertility issues. It's a modern-day problem perhaps from pollution, from the food we eat, from marrying late cause we are more educated now. And it is not our fault. Not like we can control or are not proactive. It's like being sick, no one chooses to be it. They should have the same empathy for us. In fact, we have taken a big step out to try to resolve our problem. It takes courage to have to face so much needles and Kenna prod down there so many times. Those people who understand, are true friends. Those who judge, are just not worth our time. So as long as we've done our worth during the off-cycle days, perhaps we should all hold our heads high. Hospitalization leave was planned into remuneration package cos it's unforeseeable and part of our remuneration. Why they make us feel so bad about using our own money??

@hajar

Don't bother too much about what they think or say. Not many people can understand what we are going thru. I know my colleagues will be talking behind my back too but at this point I can't be bothered. I have more things to worry about... Like size of my follicles! What to eat during TWW etc. :)
So damn true!!!! Afterall we are chasing our miracle...When we go all the way for what we aim for other dun matter anymore....Thanks for the comfort words...

@hajar

So damn true!!!! Afterall we are chasing our miracle...When we go all the way for what we aim for other dun matter anymore....Thanks for the comfort words...
People need to be educated about fertility issues. It's a modern-day problem perhaps from pollution, from the food we eat, from marrying late cause we are more educated now. And it is not our fault. Not like we can control or are not proactive. It's like being sick, no one chooses to be it. They should have the same empathy for us. In fact, we have taken a big step out to try to resolve our problem. It takes courage to have to face so much needles and Kenna prod down there so many times. Those people who understand, are true friends. Those who judge, are just not worth our time. So as long as we've done our worth during the off-cycle days, perhaps we should all hold our heads high. Hospitalization leave was planned into remuneration package cos it's unforeseeable and part of our remuneration. Why they make us feel so bad about using our own money??
so totaly true!!!! Sometimes i wish garment sd make fertily tour or tv shows on such....So public more aware that many are sorting treatment just for miracle...And those who loves to abuse and throw babies sd educate and tour even more....hmphhhhhh...

so totaly true!!!! Sometimes i wish garment sd make fertily tour or tv shows on such....So public more aware that many are sorting treatment just for miracle...And those who loves to abuse and throw babies sd educate and tour even more....hmphhhhhh...
And I wish our govt can remove the capping and let us use at least 80% of our medisave to pay for treatment instead of cash! We are very much covered by insurance plans so there is really no need to keep so much idle funds under our names but not able to touch it! Angry:(

Its gd to have supportif colleagues and bosses.Unlike my colleagues...All kepocy....After failed fresh 1st cycle....no empathy at all...what dey gif me was stares wich tells like aiyo go for ivf yet fail that kinda lookkk.....some even sugest this suggest that....nw goin for 2nd cycle soon dun knw what dey gona say if fail also...And if pass sure say sometin also...pple mouth just canot shut and mind their own business
Ya.. I also worry they kaypo n talk none stop. If I preg, they also jealous I going take 4 months maternity Leave. If I fail, they will say they help me cover my duty, work extra n I can't give any good result...

Lets us all not worried about too much of what those ppl say behind us. They will never understand us what we are going through. We have a bigger business to do here :) Jiayou sisters!!

Hi Ladies... Im back here ranting about my Doctor once again.... This time round if my ET fail.. im seriously gg to change him away... By the way... I am with KKH

Just some background, I fail my ET in June and was instructed to see my doctor in July before they can give me the next step again.... If some of the ladies may be aware off, I have raise this qns if I should have a change in doctor as my doctor seems to be always not v sure of what is going on whenever he see me.... I understand that im ONE of the patient he see and it don't make me any special to remember me ... but I expect the least that he should read the last record of me before he even see me...~

Yesterday when I see him he was like ....
"So are you pregnant"
"So the last FET u didn't get pregnant right"
"When is the last FET..."
"Ok schedule you for medical ET"

For me isn't this all in my record.... didn't the doctor even know that my ET did not success that why im here to see him for the next step.... This is not even the 1st time this has happen... the last time he schedule me for a blood test and told me to do it after my next menses... so I went to see him and he was like " u didn't do the blood test? Don't have result "... so I was telling him "I though u say do it the next menses if my menses didn't come im suppose to see you on XX/XX/XX , my menses didn't come so im here to see you".... and he go "oh ya""

So to make my $107 worth it... I went ahead to ask him some question....
"Can I transfer 2 embryo this round ? "
"I hear from IVF center that there is a BT to check on the status of the babies health" (This qns because me n DH are thalassemia carrier, we need to test for the baby health)
"If we are success with Twins, if need to do chorionic villus sampling.. and one baby is tested to be a major and the other is ok... is the doctor able to help us take away the major baby without affecting the healthy baby"

DOCTOR REPLY :
"2 embryo can... just be prepare in case twins"
" I didn't hear before there is this blood test before..."
"For this I don't know , this one you can ask the Staff nurse at IVF ... this one is profess Dr do.. not ME"

This has really trigger me to really change my doctor.... But I cant do it now.....
Im starting the medicine to induce my menses and after that will be at KKIVF center to be reviewed by the doctor there which they are really friendly and can assist me a lot on my enquires.... and the only time I will see the doctor will only for the procedure.... If I decide to change now, I got to be reviewed by the new doctor before I can do anything.... So I can only accept that I do not make a change now....

- Do you think my experience / the way the do handle thing is reasonable? Or im expecting too much
- If I didn't success my ET this round and want to change a Doctor for my IVF.... Any doctor to recommend ?

Hi all,

just wana check if anyone of u changed doc after ur failed IVF @ KKH? How is the process of doing it and does KKH allows that?
~
Hi .. referring to your qns and my latest post...
I have ask the nurse before about the changes of doctor.... it can be done....
Just got to check with the central appointment hotline on your prefer doctor availability ...

Why do you want to change?

~
Hi .. referring to your qns and my latest post...
I have ask the nurse before about the changes of doctor.... it can be done....
Just got to check with the central appointment hotline on your prefer doctor availability ...

Why do you want to change?

Hihi,

Thanks for your reply. Well this is my 2nd failed IVF. For the first, it was done by lady Dr.S. and during my second try, she was on leave during the ER & ET, so ended done by Dr. JC (i have no choice!)). Actually initially I supposed to see Dr, THH, but cos I feel awkward with guy doc so i change to lady...now I am thinking if I had made a wrong decision and wasted so much time :(
So you mean we can just change doc through the nurse?

Hihi,

Thanks for your reply. Well this is my 2nd failed IVF. For the first, it was done by lady Dr.S. and during my second try, she was on leave during the ER & ET, so ended done by Dr. JC (i have no choice!)). Actually initially I supposed to see Dr, THH, but cos I feel awkward with guy doc so i change to lady...now I am thinking if I had made a wrong decision and wasted so much time :(
So you mean we can just change doc through the nurse?
Can, you can just change docs through the nurse, but I think if I am not wrong, you need to pay a one-time fee for the change.

- Do you think my experience / the way the do handle thing is reasonable? Or im expecting too much
- If I didn't success my ET this round and want to change a Doctor for my IVF.... Any doctor to recommend ?

I think I would be pissed if I have the same experience as you. Well, Tan Heng Hao is quite popular and many of us are his die-hard fans...so what do you think? *wink*

I think I would be pissed if I have the same experience as you. Well, Tan Heng Hao is quite popular and many of us are his die-hard fans...so what do you think? *wink*

Hi,

yeah when i did my ER, i saw many done by THH, he looks so friendly & nice. Then inside my heart I was like Haiz.... haha

Btw, anyone did change to Dr. THH and how's his response? I mean how he will treat a transfer case? And I always read good reviews of him, so is his skill of ER & ET really superb that guaranteed success rate most of the time?

Sigh sad. Didn't get to do my acupuncture before my transfer. Some more made an empty trip. Just because this uncle who tends the phone has been eating snake since yesterday! Grrr...

Same here. I would also react the same way. Tan Heng Hao is nice but I recall having to queue for consultations with him. I'm not sure if the ivf is also scheduled according to his schedule too. I also came to him cause a fren's younger sis got twins through him.

Btw, anyone did change to Dr. THH and how's his response? I mean how he will treat a transfer case? And I always read good reviews of him, so is his skill of ER & ET really superb that guaranteed success rate most of the time?
Actually there is no such thing as guarantee in ivf coz the success rate depends on many many factors such as age, quality of embryo, lining etc. Plainly said, the doctors are just there to facilitate the transfer and as well as offer us professional advice. It so happened that there are many "reported" cases here who succeeded under Dr THH, but it does not mean that the other doctors are not competent. IMO, it is important that you find a doctor whom you are comfortable with and can provide some answers to the questions posed in medical perspective. Personal experience also varies due to different expectation aka while i have good experience with this dr, it does not necessary mean that you will concur with me. So have to exercise your own judgement liao.

Hi Ladies... Im back here ranting about my Doctor once again.... This time round if my ET fail.. im seriously gg to change him away... By the way... I am with KKH

Just some background, I fail my ET in June and was instructed to see my doctor in July before they can give me the next step again.... If some of the ladies may be aware off, I have raise this qns if I should have a change in doctor as my doctor seems to be always not v sure of what is going on whenever he see me.... I understand that im ONE of the patient he see and it don't make me any special to remember me ... but I expect the least that he should read the last record of me before he even see me...~

Yesterday when I see him he was like ....
"So are you pregnant"
"So the last FET u didn't get pregnant right"
"When is the last FET..."
"Ok schedule you for medical ET"

For me isn't this all in my record.... didn't the doctor even know that my ET did not success that why im here to see him for the next step.... This is not even the 1st time this has happen... the last time he schedule me for a blood test and told me to do it after my next menses... so I went to see him and he was like " u didn't do the blood test? Don't have result "... so I was telling him "I though u say do it the next menses if my menses didn't come im suppose to see you on XX/XX/XX , my menses didn't come so im here to see you".... and he go "oh ya""

So to make my $107 worth it... I went ahead to ask him some question....
"Can I transfer 2 embryo this round ? "
"I hear from IVF center that there is a BT to check on the status of the babies health" (This qns because me n DH are thalassemia carrier, we need to test for the baby health)
"If we are success with Twins, if need to do chorionic villus sampling.. and one baby is tested to be a major and the other is ok... is the doctor able to help us take away the major baby without affecting the healthy baby"

DOCTOR REPLY :
"2 embryo can... just be prepare in case twins"
" I didn't hear before there is this blood test before..."
"For this I don't know , this one you can ask the Staff nurse at IVF ... this one is profess Dr do.. not ME"

This has really trigger me to really change my doctor.... But I cant do it now.....
Im starting the medicine to induce my menses and after that will be at KKIVF center to be reviewed by the doctor there which they are really friendly and can assist me a lot on my enquires.... and the only time I will see the doctor will only for the procedure.... If I decide to change now, I got to be reviewed by the new doctor before I can do anything.... So I can only accept that I do not make a change now....

Hi, are u on the private queue or public queue? Mind sharing which dr u r referring to? most of us here are with dr THH, and we find him nice and friendly. I just failed my first cycle with him though but I think it's my stim dosage a bit low and also maybe just my bad luck this round. Will be seeing him for review next mth.

The doctors in kk private side only dr S, Dr Matt Lau, dr Jc and Dr THH right. There are success stories w The other doctors too..as shared in this forum. I have a friends friend who had twins with Dr jc.

Jiayou together!

Back