IVF/ICSI Support Group

But can you choose to abandon the PGD test and just transfer the 2 embryos if they have not reached 5th day?

i already paid for the pgd, but i'm considering this too.. did some research and alot of sites say that if your embbies don't make it to blast, they probably won't make it anyway? so i'm still thinking!! any thoughts??

i already paid for the pgd, but i'm considering this too.. did some research and alot of sites say that if your embbies don't make it to blast, they probably won't make it anyway? so i'm still thinking!! any thoughts??

Well, true, it seems like those embyros who made it to blasts eventually say hello to the world..personally I believe in blasts too though both my early blasts are of day 4 material :p Since you have already paid for the PGD, I think why not go along with it. For all you know, they are the ONES..actually why cant they do the PGD when they are of Day 2? then you know straightaway they are good or not so good.

One good thing about PGD (yes, I am shallow), is you know the gender straightaway :p

Oh if didn't make it for the PDG can they refund? It's a lot of money right?

My first fresh was 2 day 5, second fresh 1 day 4 both bfn. FET 2 day 5 BFP but end up mc.. So it's really your luck!

Oh if didn't make it for the PDG can they refund? It's a lot of money right?

My first fresh was 2 day 5, second fresh 1 day 4 both bfn. FET 2 day 5 BFP but end up mc.. So it's really your luck!

no haha no refund already. cos the kit is ordered specially from overseas. which is why we paid for it in cash upfront.

how does the dr decide for u whether day 4 or 5? or isit based on their schedule? so tong ku i need to wait until monday.. really a test of patience!

Well, true, it seems like those embyros who made it to blasts eventually say hello to the world..personally I believe in blasts too though both my early blasts are of day 4 material :p Since you have already paid for the PGD, I think why not go along with it. For all you know, they are the ONES..actually why cant they do the PGD when they are of Day 2? then you know straightaway they are good or not so good.

One good thing about PGD (yes, I am shallow), is you know the gender straightaway :p

so did u manage to bfp with ur day 4 early blasts?

cos day 2 only got 2-4 cells. if remove one cell for testing, the whole embryo will cui! haha too traumatising for the embryo to just lose one cell at such an early stage.

anyway, they won't tell us the gender one leh.. haha it's illegal in singapore. unless u do pgd overseas, then u can even choose the gender u want if u have enough blasts to choose from.

how does the dr decide for u whether day 4 or 5? or isit based on their schedule? so tong ku i need to wait until monday.. really a test of patience!
In my case, if the embryologist perceive that the embryo is not progressing as expected on D4, they would call me down for the transfer immediately. That's why when i was to transfer blast, they would ask to standby on D4 too.

In my case, if the embryologist perceive that the embryo is not progressing as expected on D4, they would call me down for the transfer immediately. That's why when i was to transfer blast, they would ask to standby on D4 too.

thanks shiro_ger. did they explain why they do this?? is it because they think the embryo can survive better in womb conditions? or because they are afraid the patient very disappointed if got nothing to transfer? can already imagine an ivf cycle cancelled cos nth to transfer.. really utterly sian max.

no haha no refund already. cos the kit is ordered specially from overseas. which is why we paid for it in cash upfront.

Then can u use it for next cycle if touch wood u need another cycle?

It was decided by the embryologist I guess. Second round I only had 4-5 embryos so they decided to transfer at day 4 as day 3 was a Sunday.. End up only 3 survived, transferred one and they blast the remaining 2 before freeze

thanks shiro_ger. did they explain why they do this?? is it because they think the embryo can survive better in womb conditions?
Yes, it's with the belief that the embryo might develop better in the womb. Actually D4 embryo doesn't necessary mean it is a bad quality one. Sometimes it is just a tad slower in development. My D4 embryo is now my 6mo baby. So dun panic if any of you had to transfer on D4.

Then can u use it for next cycle if touch wood u need another cycle?

It was decided by the embryologist I guess. Second round I only had 4-5 embryos so they decided to transfer at day 4 as day 3 was a Sunday.. End up only 3 survived, transferred one and they blast the remaining 2 before freeze

hmm according to the nurse, the kit must be used within 6 mnths. got expiry date. i got it start of may. if needa wait 2 more mnths for next ivf cycle.. not sure if got time. my cycles are about 35 days long haha. i'll ask, but for now, still hoping my two MAKE IT TO TEST and PASS THE TEST!

hmm according to the nurse, the kit must be used within 6 mnths. got expiry date. i got it start of may. if needa wait 2 more mnths for next ivf cycle.. not sure if got time. my cycles are about 35 days long haha. i'll ask, but for now, still hoping my two MAKE IT TO TEST and PASS THE TEST!
Yeah! Keep your spirits high! Now work on building your lining to welcome the 2 :)

Yeah! Keep your spirits high! Now work on building your lining to welcome the 2 :)

@Dreamscometrue if i'm not wrong, u are also with prof at nuh right? did u have to use multiple support? cos i'm on 3 diff support and need to insert a total of 5 times a day, each time a few pills. and did u get an ovidrel jab after ur ER? i am still wondering why i got ovidrel? already trigger and retrieve what.. the nurse administered to me after the dr left, so i didn't get a chance to ask the dr..

If u have to pay 10k for just pgd testing them might as well do et for that 2 embryos. Pgd or not is that 2 embryo only so might as well put it in. unless u have medical condition that will affect the child then better to do pgd n not risk mc or other issue later in birth.

Pgd cannot do day 2. Can do day 3 but there is this argument that day 3 may not be as accurate as blast result.

so did u manage to bfp with ur day 4 early blasts?

cos day 2 only got 2-4 cells. if remove one cell for testing, the whole embryo will cui! haha too traumatising for the embryo to just lose one cell at such an early stage.

anyway, they won't tell us the gender one leh.. haha it's illegal in singapore. unless u do pgd overseas, then u can even choose the gender u want if u have enough blasts to choose from.
Yup, my 1st Day 4 early blast is my 2 plus year old son and the 2nd Day 4 early blast will be saying "hello world" end of next month. Oh ya ya, forgot about it.

I saw in one of the FB page yesterday that one of the ladies did PGD overseas and she is currently pregnant with twins girls wor.

@Dreamscometrue if i'm not wrong, u are also with prof at nuh right? did u have to use multiple support? cos i'm on 3 diff support and need to insert a total of 5 times a day, each time a few pills. and did u get an ovidrel jab after ur ER? i am still wondering why i got ovidrel? already trigger and retrieve what.. the nurse administered to me after the dr left, so i didn't get a chance to ask the dr..
When trigger with suprefact will need a lot of support. Ovidrel is a hcg which will trick the body to think its preg and hence will support the preg better. When trigger with suprefact I got the ovidrel shot. When triggered with ovidrel I think I didn't get the shot after OR

Ya, they called me on Day 4 morning and asked me to quickly come down within an hour for the transfer. Imagine quickly applying for urgent leave, hopping on the taxi and gulping water on the way...

Does KKH also monitor the progress of embryos and call patient back for transfer if not likely to make it to blast?

I asked doc and he told me they don't do it cos it's like baking cake open and close the oven will affect the bake. But I did overhear the nurse calling someone to come back for transfer on the same day which sounds like short notice. Plus that patient no need to fast woh just don't eat anything from then.

Does KKH also monitor the progress of embryos and call patient back for transfer if not likely to make it to blast?

I asked doc and he told me they don't do it cos it's like baking cake open and close the oven will affect the bake. But I did overhear the nurse calling someone to come back for transfer on the same day which sounds like short notice. Plus that patient no need to fast woh just don't eat anything from then.
Yup, KKH will only call you when the embryos are ready for transfer, be it Day 3 or Day 4...so if you don't hear from them till Day 5, it's like good news lor.
Ya, ET doesn't need to fast. Just drink lotsa of water to pump up the bladder and open your legs wide.

I forgot to ask thh is he going blast all or jus choose afew to blast

I was previously under dr Sadhana. She was aware that I wanted to try blast and i highlight to her that kkh don't call patient for updates and what if my embryos are dying. So I suggested to come in for et on day 4 and if embryos are doing well I will go home n wait another day. She agreed to my request.

Maybe you will discuss with him with your legs wide open and a full bladder on the day of your transfer. If you decided on blast, you need to come back on another day

I already went tat day n he already ask me to blast but i nv discuss wif him wif my leg wide open.. Cos he came him i was sitting there he jus tell me no et today

Thanks TKN and Bunny33! Sounds like they do monitor but don't want to commit. So no news means minimally got one to proceed. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope all of us 'graduate' like both of you real soon!

Wah I also never ask blast how many.

Today when nurse called, I had planned to ask how many embryos left, but as usual, I was distracted, trying to listen to the timing and jot down... My nickname in uni used to be Dory. >.<

Maybe too early to ask also.

Thanks TKN and Bunny33! Sounds like they do monitor but don't want to commit. So no news means minimally got one to proceed. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope all of us 'graduate' like both of you real soon!
Ehh...Mommy Bunny graduated liaos lor!

Ya ya, no news means good news in KKH context. so just relax and fill your womb with positivity!

Wah I also never ask blast how many.

Today when nurse called, I had planned to ask how many embryos left, but as usual, I was distracted, trying to listen to the timing and jot down... My nickname in uni used to be Dory. >.<

Maybe too early to ask also.
ya ya...you ask the nurse also no use, she has no info one..she will say check with the embryologist on that day.

Thanks babe, you have been most assuring! :)
Ya, don't think so much, just do it!

I used to think what should I do with the 5 frozen, blast 3 and keep the remaining 2 in the freezer to play safe. THH knocked sense into me, he said what's the point of testing which embryo can make it to the finishing line using your womb? Waste time, waste money. End of the day, we want to bring home a baby, not see how many embryos are left in the freezer. So I just blast all to see which are the warriors. If all cannot make it, then restart lo. At least don't go through hope and disappointment over 2 weeks.

Ya, don't think so much, just do it!

I used to think what should I do with the 5 frozen, blast 3 and keep the remaining 2 in the freezer to play safe. THH knocked sense into me, he said what's the point of testing which embryo can make it to the finishing line using your womb? Waste time, waste money. End of the day, we want to bring home a baby, not see how many embryos are left in the freezer. So I just blast all to see which are the warriors. If all cannot make it, then restart lo. At least don't go through hope and disappointment over 2 weeks.
This is very true... My concept initially is if I do 1 fresh and 1 FET with the same batch of eggs and still fail, maybe the egg quality was not good in the first place becos I haven't tiao my body enough with diet and TCM? Then perhaps it's good to harvest a new round of eggs...?

The only problem is HL lah. First try usually the boss will be accommodating. Think if I need to do 2nd fresh or more, will need to go back to work during 2ww. I know some of the girls here did that and don't find it an issue.

Towkayneo and bunny33 like alumni coming back to visit and advise the 学妹们。lol.

Back