IVF/ICSI Support Group

This is what happens after a 2dt, aka, what I really hope is happening right now!

T
~ 1dpt ..Embryo is growing and developing

~ 2dpt ..Embryo is growing and developing

~ 3dpt… Embryo is now a blastocyst

~ 4dpt….Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day

~ 5dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining

~6dpt.. Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining

~ 7dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining

~ 8dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells

~ 9dpt…Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood

~ 10dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops

~ 11dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops

~ 12dpt…HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

~ Beta Day

Shiro ger....so will they take all to blast or keep some at D2 frost. After my D2 transfer I don't knw if they will freeze remaining at D2 or culture to blast then freeze....didn't ask also. Kk did normal ivf on 5 eggies...they know hubby morph not good wonder why they didn't icsi all. Else might have note frosties. It's embryologist call is it.

It depends on Dr's discussion with patient. Recommendation differs from individual, depending on no. of embryos. In any case, they have to get your consensus before they do anything. If the doc or the embryologist din mention about culturing further, then most likely they will freeze the D2 embryos.

Most of the ppl choose kkh because of cost and also the skill of dr. THH and a few of experience dr always managed to retrieve all eggs in your ovaries even if it's difficult. The system however is not so ideal as in U don't get to see your main dr till ER n ET. If I am not wrong SGH need to pay in advance n they reimburse U later. Kkh n NUH no need to pay upfront. Choose a dr U trust n feel comfortable with. All dr have their pros n cons.
Oic. I haven't been told of the cost as I haven't been to the counselling yet. Hmm. Actually when the polyclinic Dr asked me which hospital (kkh, nuh & sgh) do I want to get referral for. I only thot of which is more convenient for me as there r days when I hv to rely on public transport as hb won't be free. Then I stay in west & work in central...
Yah. The Dr that I m consulting now is the Dr that will attend to me @ care...

Oic. I haven't been told of the cost as I haven't been to the counselling yet. Hmm. Actually when the polyclinic Dr asked me which hospital (kkh, nuh & sgh) do I want to get referral for. I only thot of which is more convenient for me as there r days when I hv to rely on public transport as hb won't be free. Then I stay in west & work in central...
Yah. The Dr that I m consulting now is the Dr that will attend to me @ care...
cherying, do not worry. u need not pay anything in advance when u do ivf in sgh. u only pay when needed.
Dr Yu from Sgh is very good.the nurses are great too.

Huh tot by right everyone will have implantation right?

There are ladies who bleed/not bleed having a bfp.
For me, I bled a week before my BT for both ivf cycles. The 1st was bfn & 2nd was bfp.
Bleeding before BT can mean anything. Guess u will only know whether it's implantation bleeding (or just ivf hormones response) after BT.

Hi,

My case, I was refer by Polyclinic to KKH and they ask me whether I have any prefer gynae, I say No. Then, the nurse only sent me to see Dr Matthew Lau, under his consultation, firstly, I done blood test for Rubella virus and anti-mullerian hormone, Ultrasound pelvis, semen analysis ( hubby ). Lastly, Hysterosalpingography (HSG), blood test for HIV, Syphillis screen for treponema pallidum antibody(CMIA), Hep B antigen and Hep C antibody for both me and my husband. Then, he recommended me first try IUI then IVF and refer me to KKIVF.
After that, my whole IUI process, I did not see Dr Matthew Lau until egg retrieval day (IVF), he is the Doc in-charge of my infertility case so, he is the doc to perform Egg transfer for me too. And for your case, maybe you need to check with KKIVF for the same doc
I went through same thing as your description. Just that I couldn't be sure what tests were done. Lol. Doctor ask me to do I just do. Urs was one time SA test only? Reviewing my hubby's results, Dr Lau immediately recommend ivf don't do iui. Not suitable. So he did ur ER and ET... I can probably expect the same. Now I'm left with waiting for ET...

Hi can I check how many eggs extracted consider ok? Coz my third scan only show 9 follicles and slower growth on cd 10..
I think 10 eggs are good. Good number for fertilization and also not too many and make u sick and get OHSS... But my 20 eggs maybe poor quality and hence only left with 4. I don't know abt other statistics. They embryologist will call u soon n update you abt the eggs. :)

There are ladies who bleed/not bleed having a bfp.
For me, I bled a week before my BT for both ivf cycles. The 1st was bfn & 2nd was bfp.
Bleeding before BT can mean anything. Guess u will only know whether it's implantation bleeding (or just ivf hormones response) after BT.

Hi...dun really get u. Sorry.

My grp of fren who done IVF and physco me go n test n using P test kit. Then when I just test, is nothing. Hai....my review is 22 May.

When I test tat time,not my first pee....I am trying not to think negative

Hi gals,

I'm new here. I am currently seeing a private gynae and have tried IUI twice and SO plus natural once.
If all SO-IUI fails, I might have to go for IVF. May I know if I change to government hospital, will getting a referral letter from Polyclinic be cheaper? In fact I know some of the names of the docs in KKH and SGH.

My grp of fren who done IVF and physco me go n test n using P test kit. Then when I just test, is nothing. Hai....my review is 22 May.

When I test tat time,not my first pee....I am trying not to think negative
It's too early to test. U still have 9 days to go before your review. If u really want to test, probably next week is better.

Quite a number of us in tww...think flinstone and me bt on 19 may. Elizabeth and Haapygoh on 22 may...any others next week....

This tww so slow....i started working but take off on days I don't feel too good. Wishing all ladies the very best to BFP. Jia you!!!

Quite a number of us in tww...think flinstone and me bt on 19 may. Elizabeth and Haapygoh on 22 may...any others next week....

This tww so slow....i started working but take off on days I don't feel too good. Wishing all ladies the very best to BFP. Jia you!!!
Mesara,

Yes, u and me have same BT on 19May...I'm utilise full HL and staying home...agreed with you the 2WW is killing...trying not to think too much...but I have no symptoms...I know there's good and bad...trying to relax..I wishing all of us get BFP. Gambateh !!

Mesara,

Yes, u and me have same BT on 19May...I'm utilise full HL and staying home...agreed with you the 2WW is killing...trying not to think too much...but I have no symptoms...I know there's good and bad...trying to relax..I wishing all of us get BFP. Gambateh !!
Yessd. ..dread the wait but have to. Will u poas??? U did a day 2 or day 3 transfer gal. Me 11dpt 2dt.

Yessd. ..dread the wait but have to. Will u poas??? U did a day 2 or day 3 transfer gal. Me 11dpt 2dt.
Me 11dpt 2dt too
I actually tested yesterday 10dpt..but BFN..I know is too early to test, if I really got implantation spotting on 8dpt..that's my last HPT at home...cannot resist so...

Hi juli juli, I'm in my 2 ww now. May I ask if u experience light brown excretion nearing the BT? I often see the stain on my panty liner whenever I go toilet. I also have it during my non ivf times

Last edited:
Hi all :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 281
Hi girls if u happen to get faint line like mine, dont panic . Mine appear after the time limit which in fact I thought could be evaporation line. poas 10 past transfer.

question: mine's frozen cycle... ET yesterday... D2 transfer. so on yesterday is considered as D2 or D3 of embryo development? embryologist downgraded the quality of my embryos coz not splitting into 5/6/8 cells... sigh... chances not high...

question: mine's frozen cycle... ET yesterday... D2 transfer. so on yesterday is considered as D2 or D3 of embryo development? embryologist downgraded the quality of my embryos coz not splitting into 5/6/8 cells... sigh... chances not high...

It's considered D3. An embryo has 5 to 8 cells only on day 3. It has 2 to 4 cells on day 2.

I read that thawed embryos are a bit slower in growth, as they take time to wake up. Your embabies will grow to nice 8 cells in your womb :)

Last edited:
Hi girls if u happen to get faint line like mine, dont panic . Mine appear after the time limit which in fact I thought could be evaporation line. poas 10 past transfer.
Hey gal have u done bt yet. Is yrs 2 day transfer. The lines r very clear. Congrats and all the best.

It's considered D3. An embryo has 5 to 8 cells only on day 3. It has 2 to 4 cells on day 2.

I read that thawed embryos are a bit slower in growth, as they take time to wake up. Your embabies will grow to nice 8 cells in your womb :)
Thanks day_dreaming. *cross fingers...

Congrats Hurrybaby!!! Sprinkle us some baby dust!!!

Hi mesara,

Yup. At least I am not alone.

Catching baby dust from one another .

Hi

I got the faint line too and it consider early preggie and when i test again on the day of bt the line get darker.... congrats n rest well.

Hi

I got the faint line too and it consider early preggie and when i test again on the day of bt the line get darker.... congrats n rest well.
When did yr first faint line occur gals...how many dpo?? Congrats to both. Fatefully when is your scan?

Back