IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dear ladies, I did my ET (D2) today. Had 10 grade 4 embryos. As it's my first IVF, was actually confused & at a loss when Dr asked me if I want to do the transfer at D5 iso D2. He recommended wait till D5 for 1 embryo transfer. Didn't take up his recommendations & did 2 embryo transfer at D2 Anyway. Hope I made the right decision.... any ladies posted the same options & Whats your choice?
I had the same choice and I chose day 2 too:). Since I was already there legs wide open mite as well have my babies in me then come back empty keep worrying for 2 more days thinking if they will survive haha...Won't be able to take it la. So I went ahead. If hospital called me to say I have a choice then I mite have considered day 5. I read day 2 also good success and if our babies can grow in lab then y not better grow in mummy tummy right. We give them delicious food nutrients and love that lab can't give haha. Keep talking to embbies gal....will be bfp:D

I had the same choice and I chose day 2 too:). Since I was already there legs wide open mite as well have my babies in me then come back empty keep worrying for 2 more days thinking if they will survive haha...Won't be able to take it la. So I went ahead. If hospital called me to say I have a choice then I mite have considered day 5. I read day 2 also good success and if our babies can grow in lab then y not better grow in mummy tummy right. We give them delicious food nutrients and love that lab can't give haha. Keep talking to embbies gal....will be bfp:D
Hi Mesara yes! If they had called I might have gone for D5, like you said I'm already there & Dr said D5 might not have any to freeze.... So went for D2 & hoped for the best! Did u transfer 2 or 1 embryo? First time took the progesterone via vagina, felt like all the dissolved medication flow out after I woke up from my nap. Worried if my body absorbed any progesterone at all after all that discharge! :/

Hi Mesara yes! If they had called I might have gone for D5, like you said I'm already there & Dr said D5 might not have any to freeze.... So went for D2 & hoped for the best! Did u transfer 2 or 1 embryo? First time took the progesterone via vagina, felt like all the dissolved medication flow out after I woke up from my nap. Worried if my body absorbed any progesterone at all after all that discharge! :/
I transferred 2. How abt you? Pergoveris is stim jab like gonal f and puregon. Wat was yrs?

I just failed my cycle after my ER.. its really hard for me to move on.. i was given 2wks hl after ER .. since its a failure i can go bk to work anytime after i recover from pain. But im still emotional with the outcome n cant seem to get bk to the normal me.. how u overcome it?

I just failed my cycle after my ER.. its really hard for me to move on.. i was given 2wks hl after ER .. since its a failure i can go bk to work anytime after i recover from pain. But im still emotional with the outcome n cant seem to get bk to the normal me.. how u overcome it?

Take your time. There is a very cliché saying in the ivf forums that we should be hoping for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Yet when the worst arrives, it cuts so deeply and painfully it feels like it will never heal.

It will.

But in your own time. Cry. Mourn. Eat ice cream. Gym it out. Sleep it over. Do whatever you need. And come in to this forum to rant anonymously. Speak and share the pain because only the ivfers who have gone through this pain will understand.

It's not just a failed cycle, it sometimes feel like we have failed every thing in life - as a woman to not even be able to have a chance to conceive after going thru the most advanced procedure available to date and fail.

Your hubby may go thru the same mourning process but it's still different. Come here and share you pain with the sisters here - we really know what you are going through and a really really supportive lot.

Ranting here wont make the pain go away. It wont make the quiet night crying any less. It wont make talking about next steps any easier. But it will let you know you are not alone in this journey and there is hope to rise again and be the strong woman you are.

Know that there is no right or wrong answer on what to do next. But the gentler way forward to first to be kind to your soul and self, and your inner strength will guide you to your next journey.

I am very sorry your cycle failed and I (and i am sure everyonr here feels the same) wished it was better news. Hugs. Take care. You are not alone.

Take your time. There is a very cliché saying in the ivf forums that we should be hoping for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Yet when the worst arrives, it cuts so deeply and painfully it feels like it will never heal.

It will.

But in your own time. Cry. Mourn. Eat ice cream. Gym it out. Sleep it over. Do whatever you need. And come in to this forum to rant anonymously. Speak and share the pain because only the ivfers who have gone through this pain will understand.

It's not just a failed cycle, it sometimes feel like we have failed every thing in life - as a woman to not even be able to have a chance to conceive after going thru the most advanced procedure available to date and fail.

Your hubby may go thru the same mourning process but it's still different. Come here and share you pain with the sisters here - we really know what you are going through and a really really supportive lot.

Ranting here wont make the pain go away. It wont make the quiet night crying any less. It wont make talking about next steps any easier. But it will let you know you are not alone in this journey and there is hope to rise again and be the strong woman you are.

Know that there is no right or wrong answer on what to do next. But the gentler way forward to first to be kind to your soul and self, and your inner strength will guide you to your next journey.

I am very sorry your cycle failed and I (and i am sure everyonr here feels the same) wished it was better news. Hugs. Take care. You are not alone.
Very well said! All I can add on is we all feel your pain some way or other.. there is no good way outta it but take ur HL to do what makes u happy and put urself in an emotionally better place. Cuz right now it feels terrible but every morning u wake up u will feel slightly better than the day before. And u will get there eventually cuz ur stronger than u think u are.

Sweet lady, dun give up! I also jus failed my #fresh 2.. Was sad also.. Trying to tell myself to stay strong.. So i eat ice-cream.. Do things dat will make me feel better.. Will b gg for review in june to see when is e my Fet can b done. I believe as long as we dun give up, at e end of the day, we will still be able to bfp..

Hi ladies! Looking for cycle buddies!
Just had my ER yesterday.
Going for D3 on Tuesday...

This is my 3rd fresh...
I Am exactly the same with you. My 1st fresh and waiting for the call tmr morning. Been a rough day for me as I am having stomach upset from the antibiotics.. Good luck!

Hi there,u are not alone. Its painful no doubt,in 1 way or another.

Do somethg that you like to defocus yr attention first. Pick up yrself,gather strength,get up n move forward with other things in life eg do something u like eg eating yr favourite food,doing yr fav things during yr hl leave. For me, besides this fav thgs, i choose a shorter hl leave n went back to work to defocus. Also colleague dunno i went ivf so i no need to explain e failure. Give yrself a break first. When u are more ready,think of what went wrong n what to do if u like to try again.

Jiayou!

Last edited:
Are u on probiotics? Take a high strength one
They didn't prescribe leh! Horrible night too. Remember to ask for yours. Also they kind of cock up on a Saturday to dispense the meds to me as most pharm was closed, I was suppose to discharge 3pm but waited till 5pm cos they forgot to give me 2 of the supports. Now awaiting for the call..

They didn't prescribe leh! Horrible night too. Remember to ask for yours. Also they kind of cock up on a Saturday to dispense the meds to me as most pharm was closed, I was suppose to discharge 3pm but waited till 5pm cos they forgot to give me 2 of the supports. Now awaiting for the call..
They won't prescibe one.. u can buy yourself at any pharmacy or health food store

They won't prescibe one.. u can buy yourself at any pharmacy or health food store
They should 1 stop service ctr right, the abdominal pains akin to food poisoning kind of pain..

Thank u, called chr nurse already awaiting for their call.

Also I received the call already 5 out of 9 fertilized. Grade 2. Wat numbers are usually good for number of eggs fertilized ?

They should 1 stop service ctr right, the abdominal pains akin to food poisoning kind of pain..

Thank u, called chr nurse already awaiting for their call.

Also I received the call already 5 out of 9 fertilized. Grade 2. Wat numbers are usually good for number of eggs fertilized ?

I'm with Kkh, guess they don't call up.
Who are you with?

5 fertilized is good! Can have some frozen too.. :)

Hi ladies...
I'm starting my 2nd fresh cycle this month.
Starting with a heavy heart.
All the best to you. I totally feel you as a 1st timer. It's very grueling going thru tests and scans and the injections then come the ER and the supports. Then ET. We just have to endure and be hopeful. Never go thru, then we will never know if we will have bfp. Stay strong n healthy n be positive all the time

Hi ladies, i consulted my Dr on my 1st day of menses scan & hubby's SA. For me, she said my 27 nos. of follicles is good for some1 of my age (sigh. I will be 39 real soon). Then she asked me to remind her that my ivf protocol will be Day 5. May I know what is this day 5 thingy?

Hi ladies, i consulted my Dr on my 1st day of menses scan & hubby's SA. For me, she said my 27 nos. of follicles is good for some1 of my age (sigh. I will be 39 real soon). Then she asked me to remind her that my ivf protocol will be Day 5. May I know what is this day 5 thingy?
Read up blastocyst embryo transfer. Sounds like yr doc is referring to this. And yes good follicular count at 39. Good luck.

27 no is a lot!
I never able harvest more than 10.

D5 blastocyst is usually preferred esp with large number of follicles..

Jia you!

Thanks ron8129 & faith-bb. The Dr gave me good news & also bad news for my hb. She said I m a good candidate for ivf. But my hb's sa results not good. She has prescribed him with nearly $300 of 'medication' lor. Asked him to take another sa 1 month later. My counselling is on next wk. 1st appt over at care is end June...

Thanks ron8129 & faith-bb. The Dr gave me good news & also bad news for my hb. She said I m a good candidate for ivf. But my hb's sa results not good. She has prescribed him with nearly $300 of 'medication' lor. Asked him to take another sa 1 month later. My counselling is on next wk. 1st appt over at care is end June...
I suppose can request for icsi, which the option taken whenever it's male factor issue or the no of follicles retrieved not a lot.

Ask your hub take more oysters and vit E. Helps...

Hi, anyone seeing TCM @ Raffles Hospital? I rem one of the famous Dr is Dr Zhou... or Zh... something. Can anyone enlighten me?

Old Aunty,
You have seen either one of them?

I heard Dr Jin Jin hua not bad but she only work Monday, wed n Friday , 9-5.30pm.

Initially wanted to go see her but timing cannot match

Hi, anyone seeing TCM @ Raffles Hospital? I rem one of the famous Dr is Dr Zhou... or Zh... something. Can anyone enlighten me?

Old Aunty,
You have seen either one of them?
yes i have seen both of them, dr zhao seems more popular but i prefer dr jin, less painful. Dr zhao wil insert the needles further in . but maybe like that more effective? haaha.. i dunno . i now go to Dr Zou at amk also very painful. more painful than Dr zhao. but so much cheaper , so i tolerate hee...

yes i have seen both of them, dr zhao seems more popular but i prefer dr jin, less painful. Dr zhao wil insert the needles further in . but maybe like that more effective? haaha.. i dunno . i now go to Dr Zou at amk also very painful. more painful than Dr zhao. but so much cheaper , so i tolerate hee...
Dr Zou not exactly painful but at times can feel the "Suan" sensation when she poke.

Now going to see her doing accu aft ET. To help with blood circulation and to improve implantation

Actually my experience is that accu is suppose to be relaxing and not very pain. At most a bit of small prick sensation when needle go in and plus slight suan suan. If it is pain, u have to tell the physician.... the physician will readjust the needle until is not pain. By right is relaxing until can sleep type then is correct.

Back