IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi daybreak_rose
Thanks for your advise
Yes I did asked Dr Khong why do I need to do laparoscopy, he said this is to check the internal and external of my worm and if there is any cyst he will laser it off at the same time. He explain cyst will poison the baby or cause miscarriage. I got more puzzle becoz my scan result is ok and my husband result not very good. So we ask him can we skip this and go to ivf. He said cannot as this is a must to do and after this laparoscopy then he can give us a plan. And I'm a private patient so this laparoscopy will cause estimated $7,075. I wanna get a good doctor for second opinion but don't know who to approach. May I know what are the preliminary check for ivf? And how u make appt with dr Lau ? Maybe I can call to change doctor
Emk,
Sound very funny. I had all kinds growths inside my womb (endometriosis, polyps, fibroids. .. ) all done by scan before proceeding to do larparascopy by Dr Loh from Thomson. Before that, i was with another normal gynae. He too had ultra sound me and confirmed I had those things but referred me to Dr Loh as I might have fertility issues. I rem he did mention I need key-hole surgery. I tot it should be do the scan 1st to confirm growths and then decide if need to proceed with larparascopy and not the other way round.

Ur Dr is from which hospital?

Emk,
Sound very funny. I had all kinds growths inside my womb (endometriosis, polyps, fibroids. .. ) all done by scan before proceeding to do larparascopy by Dr Loh from Thomson. Before that, i was with another normal gynae. He too had ultra sound me and confirmed I had those things but referred me to Dr Loh as I might have fertility issues. I rem he did mention I need key-hole surgery. I tot it should be do the scan 1st to confirm growths and then decide if need to proceed with larparascopy and not the other way round.

Ur Dr is from which hospital?
Hi littlejo
Is Dr cc khong from kk hospital, yea nothing found on my ultra sound scan. He said usually he can find out more when do laparoscopy. Now he cannot advise us on the plan. Kind of strange

Hi littlejo
Is Dr cc khong from kk hospital, yea nothing found on my ultra sound scan. He said usually he can find out more when do laparoscopy. Now he cannot advise us on the plan. Kind of strange

Hi littlejo r u currently seeing Dr loh at TFC for ivf?

Elizabeth. Most imp dun stress and enjoy your 2ww. I know is hard,i tried hard too.
For what I did during et I have listed on my previous post. I did stay at home but walk around the house. Don't carry heavy thing. I

Hi emk, do check with the doc reason for doing lap & what is he checking? After doing lap, u will need to recover for a few mths before u can proceed to do IVF as it is still an operation. I have a friend who went to KKH and saw Steven Teo who suggested she do lap too and it scare her to max and the reason was to check if she has endometriosis or something like that. In the end she changed doc to Dr Tan and he did not suggest for her to do lap but try naturally for a couple more mths before coming back to decide if she shld do IVF.

Hi hopeful13,
Wow i going to cancel my lap surgery appt, I didn't know it need to rest few months before proceed to ivf because Dr Khong said its only a 15 min surgery and will be on mc for 2-10 days. Thanks for the info

Anyone can help as i done ET. Wat did u do after ET? Anything to take note of the Dos & Don't.

I insert the thing to vaginally den when I pee, saw some white white In the toilet bowl. It is normal.

Elizabeth. Most imp dun stress and enjoy your 2ww. I know is hard,i tried hard too.
For what I did during et I have listed on my previous post. I did stay at home but walk around the house. Don't carry heavy thing. I

I just found it. Thanks juli juli. Grabbing ur baby dust. Ur embroyo was great wat.

Did u go accupuncture?

U know when u insert the medicine to vaginal, den when I go pee after 3 hrs,I saw some white in the toilet bowl. It is normal?
Den I wipe my private part,can see the medicine white colour.

Last edited:
Hi hopeful13,
Wow i going to cancel my lap surgery appt, I didn't know it need to rest few months before proceed to ivf because Dr Khong said its only a 15 min surgery and will be on mc for 2-10 days. Thanks for the info
It's best to seek 2nd opinion. Lap has a risk of developing scars or adhesion on your womb. I did lap before to remove fibroids and had to wait for 6 mths to heal. Of course my lap is to remove fibroid, but I find it a waste of money and make u go through an op if nothing is found. Most of the sisters here do SIS or other scans to check for womb abnormalities first as its not so invasive.

Maybe you want to call and make an appt with your choice of doc directly if you are already a private patient.

I just found it. Thanks juli juli. Grabbing ur baby dust. Ur embroyo was great wat.

Did u go accupuncture?

U know when u insert the medicine to vaginal, den when I go pee after 3 hrs,I saw some white in the toilet bowl. It is normal?
Elizabeth, it's normal. The white stuff is the shell of the insert.

Hi ladies, how do we know if we ovulate well and when to ask for clomid? Have recently done a keyhole op to remove adenomoyo (endometriosis) and on a 6 months injection to stop ovulation, worrying if my ovulation will come back as per norm when the injection stops. The injection is to imitate menopause.

Hi hopeful 13,

Okay. Still have pain after ET in my stomach Where I wake up. Do u all experience this. This pain come after ER.

Hi Elizabeth,
I've experienced some mild pain at the 2 sites near my ovaries during my last fresh cycle after ER. I googled and deduced it may be due to ovaries being engorged during stimulation, and need some time to return to normal size. if the pain bothers you, perhaps you can call the hotline to enquire.

good morning ladies..

Im back to this journey again.. AF came ytd afternoon and i need to take Nor-E for 21 days to regulate my next menses before stimulation.

Can someone advise if I should consider ytd as D1 or today as D1?

good morning ladies..

Im back to this journey again.. AF came ytd afternoon and i need to take Nor-E for 21 days to regulate my next menses before stimulation.

Can someone advise if I should consider ytd as D1 or today as D1?
Shud be ytd if u had a full flow

Hi Elizabeth,
I've experienced some mild pain at the 2 sites near my ovaries during my last fresh cycle after ER. I googled and deduced it may be due to ovaries being engorged during stimulation, and need some time to return to normal size. if the pain bothers you, perhaps you can call the hotline to enquire.

Hi happy peanuts,

Same Also. I laugh inside also pain..bug will affect the embroyo?

Did u go accupuncture?

Hi elizabeth. Embryo only grade 3. The best is grade 5. What grade is your embryo?
I didnot go accupunture,
S
Is normal to see white discharge, dont worry.

Jts.. In case any of you are interested can join this FB page and attend the talk
ImageUploadedByForum1431100001.336846.jpg

Hi littlejo
Hi littlejo please seek second opinion. Lap is not needed always. Even with cyst I proceeded with ivf under dr tan and bfp.

Hi daybreak_rose
Thanks for your advise
Yes I did asked Dr Khong why do I need to do laparoscopy, he said this is to check the internal and external of my worm and if there is any cyst he will laser it off at the same time. He explain cyst will poison the baby or cause miscarriage. I got more puzzle becoz my scan result is ok and my husband result not very good. So we ask him can we skip this and go to ivf. He said cannot as this is a must to do and after this laparoscopy then he can give us a plan. And I'm a private patient so this laparoscopy will cause estimated $7,075. I wanna get a good doctor for second opinion but don't know who to approach. May I know what are the preliminary check for ivf? And how u make appt with dr Lau ? Maybe I can call to change doctor
Sorry for the late response but this is ridiculous.
Usually growths can be seen in u/s. If they are too small to be seen, then they should be too insignificant & should be ignored lor.
I was told ok to proceed ivf despite having a 2cm cyst & 5cm fibroid. Though my fibroid grew to 7.5cm now after bfp, my cyst totally disappeared.
Do a lap just in case cyst will poison the baby?!? Omg.. come on.. He may as well tell u don't cross any road just in case kena knock down by car!

Sorry for the late response but this is ridiculous.
Usually growths can be seen in u/s. If they are too small to be seen, then they should be too insignificant & should be ignored lor.
I was told ok to proceed ivf despite having a 2cm cyst & 5cm fibroid. Though my fibroid grew to 7.5cm now after bfp, my cyst totally disappeared.
Do a lap just in case cyst will poison the baby?!? Omg.. come on.. He may as well tell u don't cross any road just in case kena knock down by car!
U can call kk hotline and specific that u wa dr. Lau. That wa i did. Then frm there the doc will advise u wa u should do. I did a lapscope due to me endo... but it didnt totally clear but doc still go ahead with my ivf.

hi ladies,

I'm in my 2ww. but i having bleeding nw. call kkh ivf but she says e earliest blood test is on nxt mon which my actual blood test is on nxt wed 13 May. Can i go to kkh emergency instead? :'(

Dear Ladies,

I have just returned 300 eggs to Zhu sheng niang niang at toa payoh shuang Lin temple today.

Interested ladies, please feel free to go pray and collect some eggs and may all be blessed with babies soon.

Hi ladies, how do we know if we ovulate well and when to ask for clomid? Have recently done a keyhole op to remove adenomoyo (endometriosis) and on a 6 months injection to stop ovulation, worrying if my ovulation will come back as per norm when the injection stops. The injection is to imitate menopause.
Hi CCTC ovulation will return after the meds wear off I took 3 mth lucrin after lap and after menses ovu returned.

hi ladies,

I'm in my 2ww. but i having bleeding nw. call kkh ivf but she says e earliest blood test is on nxt mon which my actual blood test is on nxt wed 13 May. Can i go to kkh emergency instead? :'([/QUOTE HOW many days past transfer are you in. Why don't u do early bt at any hospital a&e. Suggest raffles or tmc.

Hi,

I done ET last Sat and today should be 7dpt 3dt and had a lots of watery cm, is it normal? I read online and say it might be early sign of pregnancy ..I not too sure..Did anyone's in same boat and have same symptoms ?

Hi hopeful13,
emk, when i first went to see a fertility dr, he recommended that i do a laparascopy to remove my fibroid. i didnt want to and i seek a second opinion from another dr who also suggested laparascopy .he wanted to check if the fibroid is harmless and at the same time check if the fallopian tubes are blocked and from there they would knw what causes my infertility .
during the surgery, he didnt removed anything and said my fibroid is harmless and tubes are not blocked. apart from my small fibroid, they discovered a 5 cm adenomayoma or dunno wat. whc he said can leave it there no prob.
i proceeded with my ivf and my ivf dr said there is no such 5cm thing in my womb. sometimes the surgery scan angle wil make it appear to be big .
so , i am confused too. if scan is enuf to see , why would i need to go through a laparascopy?
however for my case, i am glad that nothing needs to b removed , my recovery was faster and good to know that my tubes are not blocked
this is my laparascopy story. i guess best to ask your dr why he suggested this and that . but most Drs will say a laparascopy allows them to have a pic of what is going on in your womb. a scan is 2 D, whereas a laparascopy allow them to see 3 D

Hi daybreak_rose
Thanks for your advise
EMK,
i didn't do laparoscopy. i only did SIS and found polyps and had them removed. then also hb's sperm analysis, then some blood test to check my hormonal level. those are the preliminary checks i know from kkh.

Ladies, is Dr Matthew Lau from IVF center or from the clinic? or do they share the doctors? Dr Lau did the preliminary review with me, referred me to KKIVF. after that didn't see him, only saw Dr liu from KKIVF but everytime she only ask me did Dr Lau discuss this with you before??? i don't see Dr Lau like he's my neighbour leh...

I'm back fm KK o & g. my bleeding has also stopped when i went hospital. i was tested on urine but e doc can't tel whether is positive or negative coz is too light. so no additional support was given to mi. she said to monitor, if anything cme back again. if nothing, wait for bt.

thanks ladies.

After et still bloated and pain for abt 4 days. ..more.coz of the ER rather than et..just continuation.

Hi mesara,
Hopefully the pain no more tml since is already 4 days since ET. Ca use I go toilet also pain wor. But stomach is super bloated. Ur pain subside how many days.

Hi mesara,
Hopefully the pain no more tml since is already 4 days since ET. Ca use I go toilet also pain wor. But stomach is super bloated. Ur pain subside how many days.
How many eggs u retrieve? U could have mild ohss.. try to take more electrolyte drinks and egg whites

I'm back fm KK o & g. my bleeding has also stopped when i went hospital. i was tested on urine but e doc can't tel whether is positive or negative coz is too light. so no additional support was given to mi. she said to monitor, if anything cme back again. if nothing, wait for bt.

thanks ladies.[/QUOTE

thanks ladies.

Hi, my opinion is tat u should have insisted on more supports. A faint line is likely a positive. Good luck!

How many eggs u retrieve? U could have mild ohss.. try to take more electrolyte drinks and egg whites

20 eggs. Wat is electrolytes drinks?

Cause I thinking if I shld go kkh as I wake up n walk,inside pain but the pain better den yesterday. Thinking of getting the induce pain medicine.

Back