IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi All sisters...thanks for the well wishes...

Mrs tann, ginger and santhiya......

I was also anxious during my2ww........what i did was i used HPT on my 10th day....and I see faint positive...most of ppl said...faint positive means positive...so in this sense...i would be extremely careful in my action and moves...........also on the food that i eat...........also...if u face spotting light bleeding....u can go down to kkh for injection for extra support....during my last cycle last yr i experienced this.....i regreted not insisting on staying in hospital etc...in the end i lost it.........
Sometimes they will also do early BT for you if few days difference..........
Sisters...dont delay in any actions that can save our bbs.....
Wished all sisters all the very best of luck.......God bless all of us .............

Hi jwe

Hi jasbran, this is my 2nd attempt. Im doing accupunture with dr zou after the first failed fet. I'm with dr foong in gleneagles. Is your scan date on day 14 or earlier? When is your estimated et?
Hi xxhazel_nutxx, I will only know the et date after my wed scan as need to check is the lining thck enough and if smoothly then be the following week.

Hi, anyone sure whether can we take ensure milk(in fact contain folic acid) with ivf prescribe 5mg folic acid plus 3 table of progyNOVA together every morning as I heard tat overdose of folic acid is not good for us. Please help

hi budian13, you are lucky that you get extra injection as my first fresh et din get any extra support even though i rush dwn to d 24hr O&G and my second fet din get to injection but extra medi from dr Matthew lau.

Hi, anyone sure whether can we take ensure milk(in fact contain folic acid) with ivf prescribe 5mg folic acid plus 3 table of progyNOVA together every morning as I heard tat overdose of folic acid is not good for us. Please help
Hi Jasbran,

I am taking ensure every morning during my 2ww, some sisters advise alternate day due to heatiness and on top of that i took conceive well gold which I think it contains folic acid as well ..... as far as I know...excess folic would be pass off as waste.....
think the folic in ensure is not that much..... as for progyNOVA it acts as a thickening of lining supplement.......
Hoped it helps..............

I'm very stressed on my this third fet as cos of this and I quit my current job(financially stressed) to fully rest to get double assurance. At times would scare that it will not succeed and cried..... Really so stressed and glad that at least I found this website and get to share with everyone here. Let's all work hard!

hi budian13, you are lucky that you get extra injection as my first fresh et din get any extra support even though i rush dwn to d 24hr O&G and my second fet din get to injection but extra medi from dr Matthew lau.

Yah.....but then...in the end...they also can't do much...the thing is they knew i was bleeding but they dont advise me to be hospitalized and monitor.......this is one thing i regreted...
that's why i tink why they are not supportive of giving us extra jabs..........sighh...

I'm very stressed on my this third fet as cos of this and I quit my current job(financially stressed) to fully rest to get double assurance. At times would scare that it will not succeed and cried..... Really so stressed and glad that at least I found this website and get to share with everyone here. Let's all work hard!

Hi Jasbran.....

Stress is a very negative factor during our cycle.........so..........try to relax okay...........
Just to share.....actually during my 2 ww.......and on day 5-6 which is the start of implantation ...my dad passed away..........that whole week I was really upset cos of my dad's demise and tired bcos of the things we need to do during a wake.......I even thought there's no more chance.............my hubby and mum was so afraid.....that I might overtired myself............But i didnt think much about it..................... I leave it to God....

Thanks God for leading the path............
So.....please also..........relax your mind...........and have a calm heart..............God have it's reason for everything........he will plan for you.............
Don't cry .........be strong............. okay............

Hey hey!

I'm back after MIA-ing for a while. My AF reported and finally I've started on the natural cycle IVF. Today is day 4 of taking Letrozole. Hopefully egg(s) will be growing nicely. When I went to scan on friday at CD2, I'm quite disappointed that I've only 2 foliciles on my left and nothing on my right. Seems like i'm really running out of eggs. Hopefully when I go back to scan on CD6, there'll be at least some beautifully growing foliciles. Right now, I just feel very HOT. As if having hot flushes, but it's not in flushes. Just HOT HOT HOT.

So for those who want to IVF, go ASAP. Don't delay!!!

Yah.....but then...in the end...they also can't do much...the thing is they knew i was bleeding but they dont advise me to be hospitalized and monitor.......this is one thing i regreted...
that's why i tink why they are not supportive of giving us extra jabs..........sighh...
Hi budian, yah tey not supportive enough but at least this time round they give you. thanks for the previos info as in fact I was going to buy the conveive well gold last sat as unit having 21% off but when I ask the pharmacy assistant and she don't suggest as I have already taken folic acid 5mg and should not exceed that mean I can take all together

Hi Jasbran.....

Stress is a very negative factor during our cycle.........so..........try to relax okay...........
Just to share.....actually during my 2 ww.......and on day 5-6 which is the start of implantation ...my dad passed away..........that whole week I was really upset cos of my dad's demise and tired bcos of the things we need to do during a wake.......I even thought there's no more chance.............my hubby and mum was so afraid.....that I might overtired myself............But i didnt think much about it..................... I leave it to God....

Thanks God for leading the path............
So.....please also..........relax your mind...........and have a calm heart..............God have it's reason for everything........he will plan for you.............
Don't cry .........be strong............. okay............
hi budian, sorry to hear that........I can't help to cried and have negative thinking as this is my third attempt and I have 5 frozen et and dr lau suggest to unfreeze all and choose the best 2 for the et so if this time failed and we have to redo a new cycle. I have do a lot of extreme thing............ just need god help to help give us one. I can't have a baby naturally as I have a etopic pregnancy before and one side tube has been removed and the other side tube is stucked........ My hubby twin bro wife also just give birth to a baby girl and we both loved kids so much.......

Hi budian13, what did you take and prepare for your 2ww? I will go buy the Blackmore conceive well gold later to prepare for my upcoming 2ww. Did you take longan red date tea also?

hi budian, sorry to hear that........I can't help to cried and have negative thinking as this is my third attempt and I have 5 frozen et and dr lau suggest to unfreeze all and choose the best 2 for the et so if this time failed and we have to redo a new cycle. I have do a lot of extreme thing............ just need god help to help give us one. I can't have a baby naturally as I have a etopic pregnancy before and one side tube has been removed and the other side tube is stucked........ My hubby twin bro wife also just give birth to a baby girl and we both loved kids so much.......

Hi Jasbran,
About the 5 frozen....can I suggest that you just thaw 2 ? If not wrong the frozen embbies are of better grades..so it really doesn't matter on the grades...Why I said so...my case this round..I have 3 but we thawed 2....in the end ....1 can't survive then kkh thawed the 3rd one...in the end.......can't wait as on ET day...only 1 was fine...and mine was a grade 3....and now....I am preggy with the grade 3 embryo..... So....my advise to you...is not to waste ur embryos....you have 5....please decide wisely..........
My last cycle was both grade 4....so it doesnt warrant that the best grade will have BFP....... decide wisely okay...........

AS for your question on what I took during the 2ww...
Everyday i took, ensure milk in the morning + folic acid. Aspirin + ProgyNOVA.
Cyclogest - insert 2 times daily.
Longan.red date with ginger tea almost everyday (must see if your body can take it cos red date heaty also)
During lunch I took conceive well gold.
In the night on alternate day, I drink chicken soup (or any soup) + chicken essence.

FYI...I started conceive well gold + folic acid 1 mth prior to the start of my cycle.........on and also i went for accupuncture every week........

Hi
Hi Jasbran,
About the 5 frozen....can I suggest that you just thaw 2 ? If not wrong the frozen embbies are of better grades..so it really doesn't matter on the grades...Why I said so...my case this round..I have 3 but we thawed 2....in the end ....1 can't survive then kkh thawed the 3rd one...in the end.......can't wait as on ET day...only 1 was fine...and mine was a grade 3....and now....I am preggy with the grade 3 embryo..... So....my advise to you...is not to waste ur embryos....you have 5....please decide wisely..........
My last cycle was both grade 4....so it doesnt warrant that the best grade will have BFP....... decide wisely okay...........

AS for your question on what I took during the 2ww...
Everyday i took, ensure milk in the morning + folic acid. Aspirin + ProgyNOVA.
Cyclogest - insert 2 times daily.
Longan.red date with ginger tea almost everyday (must see if your body can take it cos red date heaty also)
During lunch I took conceive well gold.
In the night on alternate day, I drink chicken soup (or any soup) + chicken essence.

FYI...I started conceive well gold + folic acid 1 mth prior to the start of my cycle.........on and also i went for accupuncture every week........
Hi budian, can I pm you to share?

jasbarn : I also suggest u thaw 2 first n see how. dont thaw 5 at one go!! this shld be the way as it was done by doc loh for ny case previously amd I bfp that time on a grade 2 embryo as the rating fell from 3 to 2 after being thawed. I thawed 2 and 1 cant make it and they tool out the last one to thaw. Dont waste yr embbies like this. Maybe u are blessed with many fertilised embroyos
I feel for my case it s v hard to get fertilised embroyos. like for my case, now I put in 2 and only 1embroyo to freeze despite having 20 eggs retrieved!! Our fertilised embroyos are so v precious. Hope u can discuss with yr doc. Btw I was once under Mathew Lau and I changed doc. just dont like him lor. What does he mean by choose the best?! doesnt make sense to me. if u thaw 5 and if 4 can use then he will choose the best 2 and the 2 to discard?? unless the 2 also cant make it. or can they be returned to be frozen again? pls think abt it. hope others can offer you some feedback too.

unbelievable but my grade 2 thawed embby is now a cute 14mth.old notti girl!

Last edited:
Hi
jasbarn : I also suggest u thaw 2 first n see how. dont thaw 5 at one go!! this shld be the way as it was done by doc loh for ny case previously amd I bfp that time on a grade 2 embryo as the rating fell from 3 to 2 after being thawed. I thawed 2 and 1 cant make it and they tool out the last one to thaw. Dont waste yr embbies like this. Maybe u are blessed with many fertilised embroyos
I feel for my case it s v hard to get fertilised embroyos. like for my case, now I put in 2 and only 1embroyo to freeze despite having 20 eggs retrieved!! Our fertilised embroyos are so v precious. Hope u can discuss with yr doc. Btw I was once under Mathew Lau and I changed doc. just dont like him lor. What does he mean by choose the best?! doesnt make sense to me. if u thaw 5 and if 4 can use then he will choose the best 2 and the 2 to discard?? unless the 2 also cant make it. or can they be returned to be frozen again? pls think abt it. hope others can offer you some feedback too.

unbelievable but my grade 2 thawed embby is now a cute 14mth.old notti girl!
Mrs_tann: thank you so much for the advice. I have discuss with my hubby and he also agree to just unfreeze 2 and I have emailed dr lau on it and he replied by cc my email to ivf centre as well. as in fact in the first place, my hubby don't agree and we had a fight over this as I was too needed the doc advice and listening so end up hubby has to agree with me but now got opinion from budian13 and you then we decide to change our plan. Thank you both so much for your just in time replied and made me did not made a wrong decision. Appreciate. Which dr are you with now? Then how now I can't change dr already cos already n progyNOVA for 6 days and wed is the lining scan.

Jasbran, it is very subjective.
I had recently did my 3rd FET. Thawed 3 grade 1 (highest grade) and all 3 survived and transferred. However, it ended with a bfn.

For this coming FET, I am likely to attempt blastocyst transfer. I will thaw the balanced 10 embryos (grade 1 and 2). By doing so, I hope to get at least 2 blastocyst for the transfer. It is a big risk that I am taking because I may end up having no blastocyst and everything ended.

More FETs may be good but it does not warrant a bfp. In the end, only waste more money for the transfer and waste time because you never know if this batch of embryos are strong enough to endure the 2ww. Grading of the embryos does not means success too. Therefore, we cannot read too much into the grading.

Hi sunshine, thank you for your second opinion but since my hubby also think that way then as a wife with difficulty in conceive got to follow his heart. I think maybe it's partly also base on luck and what god have for you so we shall await and see cos we really tried our best. Totally emotional and financial stressed.........

Hldrops: congrats! Grab ur bbdusts! Care to share your experience? What did you eat and do during the tww?

Hi Jasbran, my doctor is Tan HH. Retrieved 14 eggs, 4 were usable and 2 frozen. I did my ET on 13th sept, was all right, no bleeding or discomfort. I asked Tan HH if is ok to resume my daily activities and go back work, he said can. So I went out as usual, I went back office but never carry heavy things, and no big movements though. Faithfully do my vaginal inserts at those timing. I read somewhere that avocado is good for implantation, women who eat avocado will have 3 times more success than those who don't, so from day 2, I have been making avocado smoothie daily. I also took GNC neonatal vitamins. No other special diet. Other than that, pray for the best, I was telling myself if this fails, then I use my frozen. Fortunately, is ok till now. Hope this helps =)

Hi Jasbran, my doctor is Tan HH. Retrieved 14 eggs, 4 were usable and 2 frozen. I did my ET on 13th sept, was all right, no bleeding or discomfort. I asked Tan HH if is ok to resume my daily activities and go back work, he said can. So I went out as usual, I went back office but never carry heavy things, and no big movements though. Faithfully do my vaginal inserts at those timing. I read somewhere that avocado is good for implantation, women who eat avocado will have 3 times more success than those who don't, so from day 2, I have been making avocado smoothie daily. I also took GNC neonatal vitamins. No other special diet. Other than that, pray for the best, I was telling myself if this fails, then I use my frozen. Fortunately, is ok till now. Hope this helps =)
Hldrops: oh so,you did not take a lot supplement or brazil nut and lrt. hmm my first time hearing about the avocado smoothie..... Ok thanks for sharing! Congrats again! Oh forgot to ask is this your first fresh et?

hldrops: yr et is 13 sep? me too same et date but my bt is on wed leh. yr bt is on mon?

I think u hv twins! such a high beta no. grab grab yr baby dust.

Hi ladies..
Today is my 10dp2dt.. Currently I am having really bad AF like cramps/backaches and clear discharges..also feeling slightly bloated..feeling worried that I might have failed this round... :(

Anyone experienced this????

Hello n good morning awesome ladies!!

Been a long while (3 mths) since my last visit here, my oh my e page is all new to me. It's pink!

Dunno y but my moniker in the old page is NurA, any idea hw to change it here.

Congratulations to all that BFP! *waves frantically at budian :)

All the best to the rest of us who are in e torturous 2ww and also to those who are cycling or starting soon. Hang in der!

I'm 8dp2dt, A single grade 4, 5 cell embbie in me. BT is on 11 oct. My one n only fighter.

Feeling good.. Maybe cz it's my 3rd round of ivf so not so kanchiong can still do housework here n der hehe.

Have a blessed Tuesday all!

Hi ladies..
Today is my 10dp2dt.. Currently I am having really bad AF like cramps/backaches and clear discharges..also feeling slightly bloated..feeling worried that I might have failed this round... :(

Anyone experienced this????
Hi dear,
Maybe ur embbie a are burying deep inside.. Is this ur first ivf? Carry on e supports dear n rest more.. Dun worry cz I am bloated too aft months of clearing e hormones out n now suddenly pumped back in n my discharges are clear/white maybe cz of my inserts too. Sorry TMI...

Relax.... :) Talk to ur embbies tell dem to hang on tightly. BT in a few days time I suppose.

Hi love.bb, jasbran, audreysu and kool123....

My result is out HCG 279....... baby dusts to all sisters!!!!!!!!!! :)
Thanks all sister for your support..................and encouragement..................

congrats budian! grabbing grabbing grabbing ur bb dusts!!!!

see all of you ladies going thru the process already make me anxious and wanna faster go thru also! *fingers twitching* *waiting patiently for my turn*......

Hi ladies, I'm new here. Just failed my first attempt at IVF (had my BT yesterday) and hope to be part of this support group as I persevere on. I had quite a fair bit of crampings on Day 10 after ET too. On Day 14-15, I started to have spotting. On Day 16, the much dreaded AF came and the world crashed on me. I called KKH and they told me to go for the BT yesterday though it was scheduled to be only today. Anyway, enough of my story. I've actually started a blog to detail my IVF journey. https://bundlesofblessing.wordpress.com/

Lots of baby dust to all of us who are TTC-ing! All the best to the rest of you taking your BT soon!

Hi dear,
Maybe ur embbie a are burying deep inside.. Is this ur first ivf? Carry on e supports dear n rest more.. Dun worry cz I am bloated too aft months of clearing e hormones out n now suddenly pumped back in n my discharges are clear/white maybe cz of my inserts too. Sorry TMI...

Relax.... :) Talk to ur embbies tell dem to hang on tightly. BT in a few days time I suppose.
Hi.. Had a previous failed SO-IUI in July..this is my first ivf..it's my 2nd wedding anniversary tomorrow and I really hope this will be my gift from god...my BT is on 7th..hope to succeed...

Hi.. Had a previous failed SO-IUI in July..this is my first ivf..it's my 2nd wedding anniversary tomorrow and I really hope this will be my gift from god...my BT is on 7th..hope to succeed...

Keep the faith dear...
And congratulations! Happy 2nd anni!

High five! My anni is in 9 days too :)

hi budian. so after u bfp, straightaway the nurse ask u to go pharmacy to buy the additional support or u got to come back aanother day to buy? did they ask u to return 2 days later to do the blood test?

hi budian. so after u bfp, straightaway the nurse ask u to go pharmacy to buy the additional support or u got to come back aanother day to buy? did they ask u to return 2 days later to do the blood test?

Was like this ...My blood test was supposed to be on Sept 30. But I already have faint positive on Sept 22, and I experience pain on Sept 25 so I went to O&G at kkh. They did for me a scan and a BT immediately. Reading came back was 137. So I need to go back 2 days later which is Sept 27 to do another BT. Reading was 280. After the 250 pass mark, they will not ask u to do another BT.

As for the new support. They will ask u to go back the next day. But for my case, I din want to go back on a Sat so I request to go back on Friday, the day of BT itself. (Provided they call you early enough to inform you about ur BT result, then you may request to go down for the prescription. But you need to reach there before 5pm cos kkivf closed at 5pm)

Back