IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sasha > Wow such pretty cakes. I only know how to bake simple cakes. Any recipes to share? So far I only used prepack flour but find them too sweet. Take the 3 months to rest and build up your body.

Jelly > What op? Referring to lap? When is the earliest your dr said its possible? If you feel you're ready, then go for it asap. For me once decide on something, will prefer to do it fast. Also bio clock ticking fast. I think lap after cycle no problem, but check with dr on his opinion. Cycle after lap will probably have to wait a while.

Brchow > All the best for er on Monday.

Qegg > Hope bleeding has stopped. Rest more and enjoy being served!

Purpledragon > I'm known for my needles fear, but still I found courage to jab myself. Not that painful afterall.

Congrats, godislove. Rest more. Grabbing bb dust.

Ladies, going for my golden sleep time... night.

Purple dragon> u referring ti Dr Stephen Chew? I with him too...
Leor> thanks for encouragement....
godislove> WOoohooo!Take care n congrates!
jelly> check yr PM....

Godislove.....congrats ! Ensure u stay in bed and less movement......grabbing ur baby dust !

Qegg....rest well ah.....take good care......

Thanks Sandra , Sasha.....will not think so much and will move on..... : )

godislove: I'm so happy for u. Congrats Congrats... Stay bedrested n think positively... baby stick tight tight to u...

babybaby: actually i think take any EW during stim stage cos i really dunno a thing. only after join this thread then realise must drink this or eat that. by then already ending stim jabs liao, too late for me to eat anything. However, i went to try tcm at chung hwa medical in toa payoh 3 mths b4 i start ivf as cost was my concern; it was much much cheaper than Thomson n Eu Yan San. no acup but drink medicine every alternate week until i turn green in the face lor.

godislove, congrats
happy.gif
.Feel so happy for u.

Joyhope, will b discussing with my doc next tue on possibility of lap after cycle. Is it too fast, whether the body can cope or not. there after rest for few mths before next cycle...probably Mar. That's my plan but whether hospital can accomodate or not is another issue.

babybaby, i have no choice, i cannot afford to wait..hehe.

Nov rain, when did u send pm? i did not received.

Tks Joyhope for the encouraging words. I will try my best. Actually in the past i ok to jab. But jab ownself more scary. Scared of ER & ET too. Keke....

Nov Rain, yup Dr Stephen Chew.

Godislove, grabbing ur baby dust! Have a smooth 9mtha ya!

Adeline, how are u after ET? My tummy small abit le. Hope it back to normal after this week.

BRchow, congrats u as well ya. All the best on Monday ya.

Jelly > I can't wait to start on cycling soon, can hear my bio clock tick tock tick tock. If march, we'll likely be cycle buddies. Can get your dr to book slot for you in advance? Maybe also discuss next cycle long or short protocol?

Purpledragon > For the first few jabs, I had to poke myself a few times as I dare not poke in. From experience, better to poke in swiftly. Usually at clinic, I would be screaming during the jabs... that's how fearful I am of jabs.

Qegg > You with care? What additional support did they give you? Take care.

Jelly : I can understand, no worries seek your gynae opinion next week then decide.

Brchow : Noted. Me too did not know about the do and don't until I join this thread.

JoyHope : Me too, I am also very 'kan cheong' now. Time is running out.

Lakigal: can walk slowly n rest. No stress yourself n your tummy. Don't carry heavy things. My 2ww I always feel tired. Hahaha

Godislove: Congrats! Please rest well and start preparing for your bb's ariival!

Eh..i have been reading through the forum but there are a couple of terms which i don't udnerstand...
WHat's ER & ET?
I am taking conceivewell adn going to buy immouncal & ensure milk...how often do the sisters take?? and do you stop once opk is positive and do you continue the whole cycle?

Ls, thanks. U must tk care n tiao ur body too.

Jelly, JoyHope, 此care非彼CARE. I m wif sgh's care. Initially nurse wanted me to monitor myself n wait till mon, but afraid dat might goes worse over wk end and my bt on 6dp2et shows low progestrone, so after dr reviewed of my records n allow me to hv extra support to play safe. I hv been given 20mg Progestrone jab ystd and I only need to pay for d drug which bought fm sgh pharmacy n go back to care for nurse to do d injection. Until now I still feel a bit worry n keep gg toilet to see if any spotting.

Jelly, u may wan to go tcm to tiao ur body b4 go for lap n new cycle ba?

Jelly, joyhope & babybaby > we might be cycle buddies coming Mar, tsk tsk!! Cos after my lap, I'm gog to rest abt 2 mths n start my long protocol after CNY, ie I tik I'll be doing my ivf during my mar cycle, providing my menses still will be normal after my lap. Looking fwd to Mar to jy together!!! Meanwhile, hope u all strike naturally then no need go thro ivf le ☺☺☺

Purpledragon, thanks!

Dream, ER =eggs retrival, ET =embryos transfer. I started my ensure only when my cycle started cos I only get to knw this thread when I was abt to start my cycle. Is gd to start early. Oh ya, u may chk wif unity if their special offer on ensure still on. I bought on beginning nov at promo px.

Laki gal, u may call up care to chk for abt fart. tk gd care n rest well.

ladies, fyi, those packet ensure milk selling @$2.29 at cgh. but limited flavours, only have chocolate, rasp berry n vanilla i think.

So if u are staying in the east, can go there and buy. so far it's the cheapest that i can find , definitely cheaper than ntuc unity where they selling @$2.80 per pkt.

dreambear,joyhope, hi 5...
happy.gif

qegg, yr CARE really care for patients lei

Hi Qegg,

I seldom come to this thread. May I know why you ladies taking ensure milk while trying for IVF? How does it helps?

Which stage of IVF are you at now ? I am also thinking of doing IVF early next year. I presumed you are working. Could you share with me how frequent need to take time off / day off to go for IVF checkups or monitoring ?

Dream, I only take immunocal. I took 2pkt daily around 1mth plus before I start ivf. Still continue it all the way until I 16week then lower to 1pkt daily until the day i give birth. As immunocal too ex to drink 2pkt daily. But if u can afford, 2pkt is recommended
happy.gif

Godislove, congrats! Just keep your faith up and bed rest more yayy! Jia you!

Sandra, I still take my supplements if I fall sick. Especially with immunocal can speedy recover. However, once I started immunocal, I hardly fall sick wor.

Sandra, if u buying 2boxes above, can call the distributor. They deliver foc for 2boxes above. Per box is $106 also. No lah. Not too late. Have better then no have. I dun think will cause weight gain wor. Hehe me abit kiasu. I had started it since sep till now but only 1pkt daily this round cos really too ex. Maybe will try up 2pkt daily nearer to my fet ba.

Babybaby > Mind if I ask how old are you? I'm 40, that's why I can't afford further delay. Worry when my amh will fall drastically.

Lakigal > I didn't go anywhere unaccompanied during the 2ww. Just to be on the safe side. Shopping, best to avoid peak periods and busy malls, in case someone accidentally knocks into you.

Qegg > Oh sgh is also called care, got it all mixed up. Mind sharing what's your progesterone level on 6dp2et? Rest more and don't walk around too much.

Dreambear > Yes, still continue working hard and hope can strike naturally... still a few months before next cycle. Jiayou!

Dream > I took immunocal before and during cycle, took about 2 boxes. Maybe personal, but I don't like the taste. For me, not likely to continue with immunocal for next cycle... since it has 9g of protein, same as a can of ensure. The main selling point of immunocal is that it has contents that's good for immunity.

Jelly > Thanks for the tip, was about to find a source for ensure milk since I quite like it. Packet and tin more expensive as compared to powder one but it taste a lot better. I could barely stand the powder taste, never like powder milk.

jelly> hugs. stay strong again! ivf aft lap can be done at the 2nd cycle.

no rain> yes there is a thing as over dose of folate. i think dun exceed 10mg (1000mcg) per day. i think if nt preg, eat 5mg, preg take 10mg.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/425658-can-i-overdose-on-folic-acid/

sasha> v fast bt coming, dun think negative yet! jy. if i bfp i dun think will quit first leh, i will quit aft maternity leave haha

brchow> gd luck for ET tmr! yr dh really sweet..

qegg> pls rest well for now.. think dun go accu first.. bed rest does it means even meals also cannot get up?? u are with dr yu?

leor> maybe i shld start my immunocal liao, always sneezing for 1-2 hrs now.. i wonder will affect my 2ww next mth.. sighs

godislove> congrats!!! this is yr fet or fresh cycle?

joyhope> u can mix immunocal with other drinks.. does it still taste bad?

Dragon gal,
frankly I m not vr sure of how could it helps in bb journey. I saw most of ladies here tkg and I found dat it is a protein/nutrition substitute as it contains high protein and various vit n minerals. Fm wat my understanding, is good to hv high intake of protein during dis journey cos it helps to increase quality of eggs. Oth sisters may gv u more detailed advice on this.
Yup, I m workg. Tot to quit but afraid can't survive wif single salary. Currently, I m in 2ww. Will u b in long or short protocol? Mine is short:
D2 - BT and Afc scan, collected drugs n learnt fm nurse for all jabs including suppression n stim jabs. I hv spent abt 3 hour in clinic including waiting time n u may ask them for mc
D5 - scan n collected drugs. Took abt an hour.
D7 - same as d5
D9 - same as d7
D12 - scan, BT, collected drug, learnt fm nurse hw to do final jab n scheduled ER date, tk abt 3 hour.
Intially I was expected to hv 10-14days jab.
End up I hv done 11 days jabs wif constant dosage through out whole period.
Hope dat fm here u may hv rough idea in planning ur leave.
But bear in mind dat ur schedule may slight differ fm mine even u r in short protocol.

Sandra,
1 of d side effects of tkg dhea is weight gain. I hv put on 5 kgs in 1/2 a year. I m 1 size bigger liao.

Lin, thanks for ur adv. Yup I hv decided not to do accu aft disccusing wif dh. I m wif dr yu. U too? No lah, I still get up to hv my meals at kitchen. I din knw dat lying for a long period can b 腰酸背痛,hai,贱骨头。so, I still on n off get up to relax my 贱骨头 loh.

Joyhope, my progestrone was 5.6 whereas std:2.6-50+.

Joyhope, don knw leh. But mine definitely at low side since d standard using by d clinic shows 2.6 is d lowest for my stage. Hope it has increased aft support jabs.

Thanks all sisters here for cheering me on for my ET tmr. I hv some questions to ask cos 1st time IVF n not sure of some stuff.

So does it mean my 2ww start fr tmr? Also, embryologist fertilised the embies on Fri, tmr is ET so it's a D4 trsfr? After ET, what must I eat n do/not do other than resting plenty in bed + no housework wherever possible?

Thank you.

Lin mentioned abt overdose of folate.
Just bought blackmores conceive well gold today.
Ok to take together w folic acid 5mg?

hello sisters! sorry been missing as my laptop is not working! will scroll back n responds first thing tomorrow morning!!
happy.gif

Congrats Godislove!
happy.gif
baby dust!
happy.gif

Lin >thanks! I alternating between blackmores n folic... Started blackmores yesterday n realized that I have tummy upset n it's black!( sorry for too much info) ... Not sure if related...so today I just take folic... Will monitor n see. Haha
Sandra> do share with me how immunocal taste n if u see any changes.. Haha I may want to try too... Thanks in adv!

Dreambear: I will be doing a fresh cycle this month.

Joyhope: I am also in my early 40s. As I am quite new in this thread may I know is this your 1st IVF?

Sandra : Be strong, I am also very emotional these days. Most probably due to stress. Me too also bought a box of immunocal today, very expensive leh...

I am fighting for a tough battle going for a fresh cycle so soon after my abandoned cycle in october. I have no choice can't wait any further because sometimes by the time I am mentally ready my menses may delay again and this had happened to me before.

I really hope I can succeed this round. Whatever the outcome this will be my final try. Good luck! Good luck!

Qegg, thanks for your reply.
Actually, I have not discussed about IVF procedure with doctor yet. Last Fri was my 1st visit to Dr Loh's clinic. Will be doing some tests this week.

Now that you are on 2ww, did doctor give you MC for bed rest for 2 weeks ?

Back