IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sandra, ya, i hope yst jab b able to boost my progesterone level. anyway, there wont be any test to monitor until Bt on end nov. pray hard hard that my embbie will stick tight tight to me.

Sasha, Jelly, stay positive and rest more more. wish u all the best. we JY together!

Min, calm down. i'm currently in 2ww and actually i've planned sui sui to start my cycle on beginning Oct n i've managed to beg clinic to squeeze me in to Oct slot, but in mid sep, i hv bad flu and luckily i've speed recoveried. but 1 week prior to my cycle, dr presribed me with 1 week antibiotic and unluckily i got a vr bad allergic to that whereby i had to went A&E for drip. no choice lo, i got to postpone my cycle till nov. which had initially sceduled.....Everthing happen for a reason. at this period, tiao ur body and get ready for cmg cycle.

Dreams, i'm on short ICSI also.
d2 - scan to check on no. of follicles b4 stim & start suppress and stim jabs (mine: lucrin, menogon, saizen)
d7 - 2st scan
d9 - 3rd scan
d12 - 4th scan + BT for E2. ER date scheduled
d14 - ER
d16 - ET (d2 embroy)

Dream, as wat Sandra mention. Wont knw until scan. But dun worry so much just go with flow. Doubt u will be unlucky as me lolz...Heng Heng for you k.

Wondersss, Yes yes, am with KKH under Dr Tan HH
happy.gif

BrChow, go have a good sleep. U will feel better after that. Will pray for your embies nicely mature yayy!

Nov rain, bluenosebear, leor, lin, Qegg,

Thanks gals
happy.gif
I feel better now.. Chatted with my hubby and he also said it's ok, no point feeling stressed.. It's just.... I tiao my body very long already.. Haha.. Been feeling great physically and can't wait to just get ivf done..

Brchow,

Will cheer on and pray hard for your embbies!

brchow> dont lose faith now.. keep praying

Qegg> wic dr u with? when is yr bt?

sandra> i also plan to ask for jab support.. i supposed we can request for what kind of support we want?

Jelly,
How are you now? Spotting stop already?

Brchow,
Hugz hugz... Hopefully the embryologist will give you a good news tomorrow. Meanwhile, rest and relax ya!

Adeline,
How's ur ET today? What kind of support has been given to you?

lin, grace, my BT will be on 30/11. i'm with SGH Dr Yu. so far i don hv much symptoms leh. feel warm most of the time even in air-con room and sweat in the mid night since d5 after et. since aftn feel on off cramp at lower right abdomen but guess is a cramp on right ovary, anyone encountered b4? uterus is somewhere more center right? sorry ask a silly qn.

Sandra, mine only few but dr still gv oral support. jabs support more effective right? btw ur clinic gv jab support if retrieve < 15?

Jelly > How r u dear? Spotting stopped already?

Brchow > dun Tik too much &amp; we will all pray hard for your eggs to mature.

Sisters, I've scheduled for lap next Tue le. Anything to take note of pls? Wat to eat more &amp; wat to avoid? Will there be menses like flow after e lap hah?? I'm both excited &amp; scare at the same time. This x will be knocked out totally more than during ER wor

Qegg> tday is the 5dpet? ya i think uterus is somewhere in the centre.. perhaps u can drink more water. what oral support are u having now?

sandra> hpefully he will give jab, cos insert i wonder hw much is absorb

dreambear> aft lap, dont eat seafood n chicken for a week. eat more fish esp the toman fish cos it aids in wound healing. aft a week, u can drink fish essence. on the day of lap, same as ER no make up, nail polish, jewelry.. yes will have flow like menses aft lap. good to wear a dress or loose pants/skirt that is below waistline so it wont touch on the wound when u discharged.. gd luck to u!

Hihi, can I ask what the process of ivf? I was under kkh. The nurse explain to me in a hurry.. Forgotten to ask her alot of question. My ivf start Jan. Nurse told me that when my menses come, give Kk a call. After that what will I expect the process to be? When is the scan? What is short or long protocol? How do I know whether I will be having short or long protocol? Sorry I am abit puzzle..

Hi Ching, my ET was quite alright today. however i fall sick since yesterday... :'( having flu and sore throat. I still go ahead and transfer 2embryos, 1 is morula and the other is blastocyst.

I have to take lots of medication.... utrogestron pill, progynova pills, aspirin pill, multivits, crinone insert and 1injection daily to thin the blood. My blood test today shows hormone level low, so i have to go back tmr and take some estrogen patches to stick.

Thanks to sister who wish me well for today's ET. I'm just wondering whether are there sisters who.are sick still proceed with ET and had a bfp? Can I take flu medicine during 2ww? I have been eating pi pa kao these 2 days.

adeline> hope u rest well n recover soon. u can chk with yr dr if u can take the flu medicine.

sandra> does tfc do bt to chk on hormornes during ivf, besides the progestorene bt?

Sandra,

Thanks.. I'm just telling myself now 3 mths will pass very fast..

Dreambear,

I did not have good appetite the week after lap and ate very little, so i made sure to drink ensure milk everyday to get nutrition.. Cos i ate so little, i had no urge to move my bowels.. Went for review 4 days after lap, doc said that was no good and gave me stool softener, so u might wanna take note not to get constipation.. I had bloatedness as well, so i made ginger with red date drink and that helped.. And ermm.. Gotta shave/wax before lap..

staypositive> u can schroll up a bit n read Qegg's reply, she listed on the days of scan n when to expect er/et (altho differs depending on hw yr folicles grow), but as a rough guide, tt is what u expect. yes like what sandra said, for long, u have to start injections before yr af..

Dear sistas,

I m loss for words as to how to describe the camaradie spirit that this forum provides. There are so many sistas here I want to express my heartfelt gratitude; Sandra, Min,Dreambear, Leor,Godislove, Babysmurf,Grace,Nov rain,Lin,Mrs ching,Sasha, Qegg,Chrisl, LS, Wonderss,I1bb,Pina,Joyhope,Bluenosebear, dian tang, PSP. Hope i did not leave out any impt person as all sistas here are very impt to me.

I am especially thankful to :

Sandra - give me the first dose of confidence when I panic upon seeing first discharge. I also felt in sync with her like there's chance as bbt drop n went up again. Even till today its still up. Then nite time , her advice that kk not helpful in giving jab make me decide to go NUH

Leor - gave me 2nd dose of confident, an idea to request for jab support, too bad, nuh dun practice jab unless tested positive.

Min - gave me the push to call clinic n to keep things i need close by me and also gave me the final decision to go NUH a&amp;e due to her past experience.

Dreambear - give me a good feel that it really could b good news in the pm and then at nite, i used her reason to admit to NUH A&amp;E

Godislove - envy u could get jab easily for support, that together with leor idea, make me request chr for one but to no avail. damn pissed boy and also for clearing my ?? on crinone residue.

babysmurf - sharing her knowledge on how to reduce spotting n advice not to get up fr bed unnecessarily

lin - giv me assurance if its not red, still got hope

Mrs ching - i was feelin paisei that i drop so many ??? last nite and she one of the first to respond to my call on my bleeding

Qegg - further reinforce my decision to go NUh

Joyhope - for her kind words , brave lady and encouraging me to pour out my woes in the forum

and so many sistas praying for me and constantly showering their concerns and 'adding oil' for me like chrisl,LS,sasha, qegg, dreambear,wonderss,grace,i1bb,leor, pina,nov rain, godislove,joyhope,bluenosebear and also many advise on whether can visit my dad or not which includes most of the sistas above plus dian tang.

I was undecided as to which hospital to go for BT n support but finally with the sistas opinion,i chose NUh. however after checking n investigations, i was not given any jab nor other hormone meds support , save to increase crinone gel to 2 times a day. The urine test done at nuh was negative . I tested using clear blue this morning also shows i m not pregnant. Went to clinic for BT also negative. My bhcg is also very low .

Anyhow i think any support is also too late as i have been bleeding since yesterday. mayb if i do get a jab earlier when i have brown discharge, it could save the day? i dunno as the clinic dun entertain me unless see red.

right now i m feeling neutral, ie, neither happy nor sad. this is partly i have adjusted myself since last nite when the urine test is -ve, then this am i test again to prepare myself for my BT. when the nurse call n tell me the news later in the am, i m literally unmoved. jus ask for bhcg level n schedule to see doc for review only.

Also i have been keeping myself occupied and planning forward that i do not really have time to sit down n grief. Till the grief sets in esp when i m alone, u gals bet, i will probably b pouring my grief in this forum again...hehe.

Sorry for the super long winded post...lol.

Thanks so much to all of you...for answering for questiona dn providing me wiht the info...

oke...i will try to relax...is so costly and there is no insurance to cover...

are the simulation jabs as per those puregon jab pen we had during iui?

Jelly > dun be sad. Everything happens for a reason. The best is yet to come. Rest well &amp; come back strong again. Just a note to share, when my 1st af came, there were many dry &amp; wet blood clots and I had to flush my v area with my shower head for a long while. So dun be scare if this happen to u.

Jelly, I'm sorry to heard abt the news. feel heart pain for u. I know this journey is not easy. Even thru IVF, our chance of baby is not guaranteed. Yet we have put in so much hope and effort. I hope you're brave enough to overcome it. **Hugz**

Lin &amp; Min > thanks for all ur sharing. I will keep them in mind. Eerrrr, why need to wax? My gynae didn't tell me lei. But I'm ok with that cos I like to look clean Just that I wanna know the reason only. But if can, I rather dun wax cos lazy n pain lei.

Dreambear, sandra, 

I wasn't told need to shave down there too.. But not everything la.. Only the higher part, cos got 1 incision there.. The nurse checked before the op and shaved for me.. So paiseh ya.. Keke.. 

Sandra, 

I tried both shaving and waxing down there before.. My skin very sensitive and cannot take it.. I would be tortured by itch and rashes for at least a couple of wks after that.. So i don't do it anymore.. That part very precious.. Hehe..

Jelly, 

Hugzz.. I pm u k..

Sandra, I like waxing. I never try shaving. B4 I start my ivf journey I actually wax mthly or bi-mthly. Recently after ivf I more lazy. But like wat min said, after waxing I feel clean. But i hate it when it starts to grow, I will feel itchy.

Jelly, totally understand ur feeling. On the day I'm spotting and went kk for earlier bt I know gone case as negative HPT. After bt, I went to novena church, sitting there for an hour or so. Once step in, my tear automatically dropped down! I reli wish god hear my prayer and give me a kid.

Time to sleep, everything will be better tmr.

Leor: hi KKH buddy..I might also start in Feb cos Dh said rest and tiao my body cos of the m/c....he don't want me to be too uptight ..... Btw ur immunocal ....my god....it's expensive leh....I was like planning to take for a month during that cycle only ....keke.....cos got so many supplements to take le....

Sandra : I am feeling better Liao......trying to put it behind and try another time.......for the sake of my 1st bb,...I must not give up.......but at times I will think abt the m/c and wonder how the bb is doing ....so poor bb....it's like I didn't protect it well....

Jelly: I know it's easier said than done....u try not to think so much....God will lead the way.....most important we must stand up strong .....definitely one day God will grant us our wishes....
U rest well and take good care of urself ya......

LS : you still awake ah? shuld rest more if u can
happy.gif
ur hubby right lah, rest a bit to tio ur body first, i m sure ur baby has became an angel waiting for you in feb to be back in your arms
happy.gif
**hugs**

jelly: each day is a brand new hope n continuous fight for us who r on the ivf cycle. remember, whatever the outcome might b, however depressing it may be, we r all strong women,who hv embark on the ivf battle. at the end of the day, when we look back, we have nothing to regret.

The reason why i embark on IVF is that I don't want to look back n blame myself for not having gone thru it. Nobody wants to go thru IVF if they can conceive naturally. If God should decide that I will not have any after trying so hard be it naturally or artificially, it's all fated de.....

Thanks for the reply.. Did anyone of you hire nurse to do the injection? My husband and I are scare to do the injection. Any nurse recommend in sengkang?

Sisters> a silly qns here... If taking the black mores conceive well gold supplements ,do I still need to continue taking the folic acid tablets? Is there such a thing as too much folate

Nov rain : i think conceive well is enough already, dont over dose, my dr say dont need so much
happy.gif

stay positive : i did the injection myself, if u want maybe try theGP near ur plc n ask if they can do for u? some sistas here initially also scare but then became expert hehe

Hi Sandra and Sashamunna > thanks! It's weird hor... I never used to b bothered w supplements etc.. Now I thinking m I overdosing ? Haha thank u both!

Sandra : if this cycle doesnt work for me, and i have no frozen embryos, how long before i can start fresh cycle ah? cos need to plan my resignation dates...

lol i know, but cos my jobneed to do handover n my boss us going in maternity thats y need to plan ahead loh, cos want tobefair to my support staff.. sigh..

good morning ladies... just finish my d5 scan... seems bad... my lining only 5mm n 2 eggs on keft n 3 eggs on right... then i heard the nurse say "wow, 350" so i ask her wht.. she say nothing.. just 350 high figure n ask me to pray hard... im depressed after hearing it..
sad.gif

what should i do now...?? can any sisters advise.. im really start to panic liao..

Morning everyone!
Staypostive, I was like u. B4 I started, I got fear to jap myself. But after attend the 1st injection with nurse. U will brave enough to take ove bcos it really v easy! Good luck ya!

Sasha, "cock" ur head! So negative thought in the morning. MTB must always stay positive k. Btw, u have intention to quit ur job and focus on IVF?

Wondersss, my dear! Don't effected by what others expression or words! They might not meant it. So far ur lining size is good, still will growth! What is ur dosage now????

Grace : lol Sandra also scold me just now lol, yes will quit my full time job n do part time baking bah, more relaxing for ivf i think, even if i get BFP i will quit also
happy.gif
big move but i dont want to look back years down the road n regret..

Sasha > u must be v gd at baking, else how to do that as part time. In hopeless in cooking &amp; baking

Wonderless > dun worry too much. Stay positive &amp; everything will grow de ya ☺

Brchow &amp; Jelly > hope both of u are feeling better tdy ya.

dreambear : i enjoy doing it
happy.gif
once we get our bfp i will bake a big one for us n all of us meetup ok!
happy.gif
i can teach u if u want! for sistas here foc!
happy.gif

ladies.. i really love u guys.. yr words really mean alot to me.n comforting ...just saw the doc... he say my results should be gd de..but he say still early.. n maintain dosage but add menopur.. coming back on monday to see him...
n the kkh really idiot... they do not tell me not to inject first on the day if coming to scan.. is that true??
sashamunna, 350 is the dosage..

ladies, i m feeling fine today, feel normal jus like any other days. but less tlc from dh le...now back to housework liow..haha

brchow, has yr embryologist call?

wonderss, its still early stage, yr follicles will cont to grow, but these 5 will likely b the dominant follicles.

staypositive, we are all brave women here, m sure u will b able to do it. jy.

sasha, many ladies here also quit their job for ivf. its good that u have plans after quitting, otherwise stayin on the job is better.

nov rain, dun overdose yr body with too much supplements overnite.

Back