IVF-FET Support Group

yes dishearted.
happy.gif
all babies will get their baby bonus....whether they r via natural or IVF/IUI.

Is this thread still alive?

Anyone used crinone gel before? Apply liao need to lie down on bed for awhile or can walk around? Pls help!

Hi worried79

U in your 2ww? I used crinone b4, i'll lie for awhile after applying. but still notice tt some cream will flow out loh.

seems like not easy to strike on the first try.

im starting my injection next week. not pinning hope in fact. just try for the sake of trying. at least im doing something. at tmc too.

how many eggs you have in total if you do not mind sharing.

hi penguin

thanks! surprisingly, after applying, the gel did not flow out. becoz i still need to stand up and wash hands...
not in 2ww yet, waiting to do my FET real soon if everything is successful! just have to pray real real heard
good luck to everyone here too!

yck,
i have abt 40 follicles, but only 10 matured eggs and out of the 10 eggs only 4 embryos.
Now left 2 embryos for FET.

worried79,
u doing natural FET or controled FET? i still considering whether to do natural FET anot. cos during my ivf cycle, my temperature was pretty low after ET (someday hitting 35.++). i tot tt was why i failed so tis time i'm worried tt the controlled FET could not raise my temp enough.
If i do natural FET then i'm quite sure my temp. will increase after ovulation, but Doc suggest me doing control FET as my cycle is usually longer then 30 days & not constant every mth. so now really "head big".
Good Luck to your FET.

hi penguin

sorri, no news
today clinic called to say that the embryos stopped growing. was very depressed. yesterday they still called to say that one embryo already broke up into 7 cells, now all stopped growing...maybe turn to tcm to see wats wrong....

how abt u? when r u going for your fet?

hi worried79,

Sorry u din make it for FET.
Thats what i worried too. i left with only 2 frozen embryos, worried tt they might not thaw successfully, then all $$ and effort will go down the drain.
I'm now taking BCP to regulate my cycle. I dunno whether is it workable, if i try the natural FET and IUI at the same time. that means i'll monitor for ovulation, then do IUI when ovulate and 5 days later do a FET. This way, i'll not have wasted the 2mths if the embryos doen't thaw well and still stand a chance with the IUI. I haven't discuss with my Dr yet, but most likely i'll be gg for natural FET, which i think i'm more comfortable with.

penguin

i m not too sure what is wrong....my case was, they wanted it to develop into a blastocyst, so if i had put in my embroyos after thawing, there is a possibility that they will survive inside me...i was very sad with the attitude of the embroyologist at tmc fertility clinic. she broke the news to me and dh as though the embryos are not ours. not sympathetic at all. i was very angry and sad at that point. guess i have to try tcm first, coz have to wait for 2 mths to start whole process again.

sorry, what is BCP?
if your embryos are of good grade, they should be able to survive the thawing,dun worry too much! hope u will have a smooth process! good luck!

Hi, I'm new here. Done IVF but failed. Went thro' natural FET but also not ovulating... now starting the regulated cycle. Actually I wanted to continue with natural FET but the nurse adv that it is better to go with regulated as they can monitor and control the womb lining. Now kinda worried whether will I be sucessful during the FET.

Hi Penginue, I'm pretty worried whether the embryos can thaw well cos I left 3 and out of which only 1 is good and 2 are average.
sad.gif
sigh! Felt like aburdening the whole program and resign myself to fate...

Hi ladies

Can anyone advise me the cost of FET in KKH? Thinking of trying for a second baby. First baby conceived through IVF.

Lynn Tan,
How old your 1st baby now? Mine is 1 year old and I left with 5 embryo, would like to try before they getting frozen too long

hi strawmany,

you mean the newly announced govt subsidy? Ya they didn't mention the details. I hope they allow too since FET can use medisave too

Hi, I'm also planning for FET. Conceived my boy through IVF and he's now 1 yr old.

Few weeks back, I got a referal letter from my gynae at KKH for FET and was told that I can go for it as soon as I'm ready.

Here are the charges for natural FET at KKIVF:

Cycle costs - $1,000
Medication - $300
Insurance - $107 (2 embryos) or $711 (3 embryos)

The cycle costs + medication can be fully claimed through medisave but the nurse advised if we are afford to pay cash, then don't claim as it will be considered as my 2nd IVF and I'm only left with 1 more cycle that can be claimed through medisave (only 3 cycles of IVF allowed to be claimed). Hence, it is more worth it to claim medisave for fresh cycle when the costs are substantial.

hi,
can i know whats the difference between natural and controlled FET?

I am starting my FET this month and nw i am currently on clomid and progynova.

when do i visit my gynae next? I have tried calling the nurse of my gynae for a week since i started my menses but she kept saying will call me back but never did.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

touraco, During a natural cycle FET, your natural cycle is monitored to determine the correct timing to transfer the embryos. During a medicated FET you are given medications (Sometimes Lupron, usually some form of Estrogen and then after transfer some form of Progesterone) to create an artificial cycle in which the clinic has more control over when to transfer the embryos.

For me, I induce my menses and started on progynova for the lining. A scan on day12 to confirm I won't ovulate before my actual FET day. Dr will estimate when I do my transfer and 3 days before my big day he will give me pills to stimulate a fake ovulation. the day of transfer, I will go to his clinic and take my HCG jab then later that day I will do my FET.
I guess your dr intend a natural cycle for you since you are on clomid. Better to do your scan asap or else have to wait until next cycle if you already ovulated!

thanks wanBB
i finally got hold of my gynae instead of my nurse and i am seeing the dr on the 12th day as well.

touraco, hope you have a thick nice lining..
I'm not that lucky. I went for my scan today and my lining is only 4.6mm at day13. so might have to cancel this cycle.. sobz!

Hi ladies,

I just had my FET yesterday morning. Just want to check if anyone of you here has done FET and has to go back to your clinic to get jabs.

I was given a jab on my bum after my FET. Actually I didn't know coz I asked for sedation this time round, coz I am always nervous abt full bladder. Anyway, I am now on my supplements and progynova, utrogestan and crinone. Just want to check what's the difference or benefits in getting jabs since different gynaes have different protocols. btw,I was on medicated FET.

WanBB
Today is D16 and my lining is 15.6mm. Doc says quite good but follicles not very big yet...largest is only 11mm so going back again this Friday. Hopefully...I can do the procedure next week.

touraco, so how's izzit? you done your ET?
the lining is quite thick.. I heard it's best between 8 to 13mm. maybe you can ask your dr abt it. I read that too thick also not good for implantation.
Good luck! spread me some baby dust soon! hee hee!

hi..would like to know how is the procedure n time of duration for the whole process for FET?? i planning for FET early next yr as i have 5 more frozen embryos left.. hoping them will thaw successfully... may i know how to prcceed???

BabyJ, the procedure is very fast. for me i start progynova on day 2 to thicken the lining. then scan on day 12 and hopefully can transfer on day 15. then comes to 2wws. so it's quite fast.
First you must get advice from ur dr cos some clinic has different practise. they might give birth control pills or ask you to inject lurcin.

thanks wanBB..but if i wan the 2ww to conincide wif my leave in next feb end or marc end..when is the good time to start??? did do ur FET wif KKH??? cos i did my 1st IVF wif kkh..not sure how their procedure...

BabyJ, Then you should plan your menses at ard mid feb.. you can ask your dr to give you pills to induce menses. I think it will be good if you visit the dr during end jan or early feb to discuss. the induce menses pills will have to take for one week then wait for 3 days then menses will arrive.
I'm with dr foong at gleneagles. So not very sure how kkh do it.

hi babyJ
My medicated FET is like this. Seems easy compared to many others. I do not need lucrin since i do not ovulate on my own.

Took medicine to induce menses. ( I seldom have menses!)
On D2 of menses, took progynova to thinken womb lining.
On D9 of menses, scanned and doc said I am ready for transfer.
On D12 of menses, which is this Sunday, I am going to transfer 3 embryos!
happy.gif

I have 16 embryos left at mtE. So far most are Grade 1, so hope they will survive after thawing.

Hope this helps.

Hi, feel the need to post this for those who are considering IVF. I had gone for ER on 20May & was due for ET on 21May.
All started going wrong right after the ER when I puked & had bad diarhea. next day, my stomach swelled to 2x the size & I went back to KKH. Was hospitalised for observation. During the stay, things got worse, my stomach swelled wtih 5kg of water & there was intense pain as I could not pee. A device had to be inserted into my bladder to try to drain the pee. Thot that was the end of it. But no pee came & they checked me further & found my water was retained in my body & was causing my blood vessels to leak. A device was then inserted into my tummy with a tube to drain the fluids. While writing this, I have 2 bags attached to me, one to drain pee & one for fluids. Have a drip to hydrate me too.

PLS consult your doctor if OHSS could happen to you during IVF. It is really painful & life threatening, pls do your homework. Also watch out for any adverse reactions after ER.

Because of my condition, I could not proceed with ET yesterday. Have to do FET 2 or 3 weeks later.

Per doctor, this was mainly due to my body's reaction to puregon.

Hi Ladies

Can you kindly explain the difference in Natural FET and Controlled FET?
For both, do you need to go for scanning every altenate day?

Also FET, any Hosp Leave given or just normal MC?
How many days?

hi everyone...am 27yrs old and am a PCOS patient and currently on medication to induce my menses to prepare the womb for FET in March.. anyone gone thru FET cycle? this is my 3rd IVF cycle.. first IVF was not completed as I had high fever due to the injections. 2nd cycle was unsuccessful either with 2 embryos transferred. It was very depressing for me especially the 2ww for the pregnancy result.It was true enough I broke down and super depressed with all the mixed emotions and i felt really lousy. Now am waiting for March for FET from Doctor's recommendation to proceed. However, ever since my last visit to the Doctor I am very stressful and worried. Could get really emotional,cry and scared of what the whole process gonna be like.

hi Rizrayza

dont lose hope. i had my FET in KKIVF and currently pregnant with twins. miracle does happen. try not to stress so much and take things slow. i did accupunture when i did FET, i think it did help. maybe u want to try. i did my accu at raffles, dr Jin. pray hard and remain positive. wish u all the best.

btw, u should try posting at:
Matters Of The Heart IVF/ICSI Support Group

it is more active there.. i got a lot of advise there

I intend to go for FET soon but not sure if i made the right choice.
I did my 1st IVF last year but was unsuccessful.
I had 3 more embryos left, not sure if they will survive thawing.
I'm very confused..
Should i start a fresh cycle?
Anybody ever been in my position?
I'm with Dr S F Loh in KKIVF.

anyone gone through the trial (mock ) embryo transfer before the FET ? am going for the trial this monday. Understand that the doc will scrape some womb lining tissue sample and do some sort of a measurement to get an idea the best place to "park" the embryo for the actual transfer. Currently am on hormone pills 2 morning 2 nite.. lucrin 10units injections in the morning and 1 cyclogest insertion via the vagina 3 times daily.. to prepare the womb for the transfer.. am nervous for the trial.. heard it was a bit painful.. tho the nurses say it's just cramping pain.. anyone?? ^^

hi brownie, u will have to use up all ur embryos b4 u can start a fresh cycle. i'm wif dr. loh too. i've been in the same situation too.

Firstly I like to say thanks to all sisters here who have been so kind to share so much info for us who experience the same concerns.

I have been reading the postings here in the last 2 hours and would like to seek help and support here. Well in fact, I went to see my gynae today and was told that the chances of my husband and I conceiving naturally was very low. My husband has low sperm count and sperm motility. In fact, before we did the sperm analysis to discover this awful truth, I was found pregnant in Mar 09 but 8 weeks later had to wash it out as it was an empty sac. While we had pick ourselves up from our sadness, we had been trying for 9 months but unsuccessful.

My gynae did an external and virgina scan on me for any abnormalities but found nothing unusual. Her deduction was since I was pregnant before, it was quite unlikely that my tubes would be blocked. Nevertheless she suggested doing the fallopian tubes Xray to check for any blockages. I'm holding back this option since my husband's sperm is not strong enough to swim plus the quantity is much lower than normality.

So our gynae suggested the following:
- (1) My husband to start taking oral supplements for a month then do a sperm analysis again. If no significant improvement, we will be referred to see a urologist for further tests and perhaps an op to rectify any blockage (if any).
- (2) After seeking urology treatments and if still no success, we will be referred back to the gynae and she'll recommend us to IVF.

Sorry for the lengthy story of mine.... but I seriously need some advice here (I'm very confused and disappointed). Please share with me (if you had similar situation) whether your hubby had seen an urologist and after supplements/surgery/other treatments before you embark on the IVF journey? Or do you suggest that we should proceed to IVF and save the money on the Urology treatments?

Much appreciated.
happy.gif

Hi Ladies

Can I ask if any ladies here (under going IVF and has very good response and producing large qty of eggs) willing to donate your excess eggs to women who has poor ovarian reserve?

I think I may not be able to proceed to IVF using my own egg so I may need donor's egg.

Should you come across any kind soul who is willing to help, kindly PM me.

This could be my last Ray of Hope ........

Back