IVF at NUH--feedback pls

1iBB: yes pls update me if she do accup.. Kum siah
happy.gif
I don't know your previous cycle embryos quality but I think it should not too much an issue tho (just a guess) since u BPF previously.
happy.gif

Chris, the quality were mostly grade 4 (2nd best grade in kkh or so I've heard). Even after thaw also remain grade 4. I've had beautiful embryos but none implanted.... When I asked dr Loh last time how come my embryos so swee but no implant, he always say no idea mayb chromosomal abnormalities... My two previous pregnancies were natural not thru IVF...

Oh just to share a real life story. This lady I know was told by doctors that both her n hubby bad candidates for ivf (dunno reason cos she's my gf classmate n dunno that lady well) no pt doing ivf.
The couple went tcm for abt 1.5 yrs n made major lifestyle changes eg in what they eat etc. Subsequently they took a long holiday n conceived naturally. Boy is maybe 4 yrs old now.
I guess there's always hope!
happy.gif

Oh btw I still have a brand new box of estrofem expiring in 2015. If any one of u are interested n can collect from me at Raffles Place, will be happy to give it away.

1iBB: you had natural pregnancies! Maybe in your case karotype might give some explanation indeed since the embryos are good and implantation happened too. How about immunity?

Small bunny: I have a few people tell me that also. People whom doc say won't have kids then went on to have kids. Diet wise I believe also. One should not be surprised if the things you don't eat are the nutrition u are lacking in.

No idea on immunity leh... C what dr chew or prof Wong say lor if there's any need to do immunity test or not

I1BB, I remembered egg factory requested Prof to do immune testing on her after early onset M/C. She was tested +ve and was treated with Immunoglobulin. Worth considering.

Hi lavender,
How is your injection this morning? I feel ok..
happy.gif

Do you have egg white discharge? I having quite plenty of the discharge is it normal?

i1BB: it's worth it if that the only thing left for you on successfully pregnancy! I know the treatment itself is also costly but you are reaching there already ya.
happy.gif

Chris, fingers crossed. Hehe. Will c how it goes... Will check on accu n let u know tmr also ;)

ylgoh: I asked prof about the discharge this morning, he said it's normal. I also have it that's why i asked him...

Prof suggested for me to consider to abandon this cycle. Reasons are my follicles number very little and the growth also slow. Bad crop this month.... However, I think I will just continue on...haiz...

1iBB: ok. Ok. Thanks
happy.gif

Ladylamb: its true that every cycle has a batch of follicles and the batch quality can vary. Often I think if my first cycle kinda a bad one also. If u are very stressed then it will affect also. No harm to save the cycle for a better one, IMHO.

Hi lavender,
Thanks for your info... Oh? How was today scan? Nvm don't lose hope keep going... Hopefully can see some improvement on next scan..

Hi smallbunny & ladylamb , just now went to CHR to collect pervogenis jab.. Indeed very pain !!!! Nurse jab for me after demo to me how to use the jab... The pain are instantly , the worst is .... I'm having cough this few days... And my throat very very ichy once the jab insert to my tummy... I need to cough but control it as once cough my body shake... So at the moment I have to control my cough n the jab pain at the same time... My tear came out instantly !!!! Feel very suffer n the nurse told me can't fall sick during the treatment ....

Hi lady lamb,so sorry to hear that prof suggested to abondon this cycle.. How much your improvement after additional jab ? I'm quite worry for myself also as I'm also very less follicles and I'm not feeling well recently with flu n cough...

Hi ylgoh, this morning jab not pain at all... It's really nothing compare with the additional jab I have today... This additional jab make me feel like }%-*〜|#--

Lavender...now you get what i mean...my tears also flow instantly...but this morning i use ice pack to numb its slightly better but can still feel the pain. This morning prof suggested to abandon cos my follicle growth very slow. today cd10, entering 9th day jab..only 9mm x 2, 10mm x 1 and 6mm x 1. However, we will continue as today's blood test shows my E2 level has improvement and shoot up. So we will give it a go...now going chr to collect my jab....jy!

Lady lamb & ylgoh, I'm not sure whether my tear will flow or not if my my throat was not ichy that time coz cough is very hard to control... But the jab is really pain !!! Actually what is the purpose of this jab? I asked nurse she said its like vitamin to help follicles ... Not really sure ...:p hope our follicles can grow many n bigger.... Pray hard!!!!

Just for the record to those doing jabs and gg to do ivf, I didnt know what E2 is good but i thought the higher the better, like over 10k and I think I am right.. Anyway, my E2 was abt 7800, retrieved 9 and 4 matured. Hope this is helpful. Also I thought I could have more to mature as it seems the follicles met the criteria before hcg but I think best to have 18mm and above. Sharing this as I just went through this.

Lavender yes the first jab was bad. Dh had to do first jab for me cos it was on a public holiday and chr was closed. The instant needle went in tears rolled down. But after the 1st day subsequent jabs were more bearable.

Ladylamb hope ur follicles grow to a good size soon.

Chris, prof dnt use hcg to trigger ah? Then he use simi? Wah.. All these talk abt E2 etc blurs me man. I v sotong de. When I get back my bt results, can I trouble u gals to tell me what is what bo ah?

1iBB: Prof use Suprefact as trigger. E2 is believed to indicate the growth of the egg in the follicles, from the value, the doc can "estimate"(guess) the progression of the egg development before retrieval.

Chris, I agree with you. I am very curious and really study the blood test from front to back. Heheh. E2 is an indicator to the egg follicles growth during stimming. The doc will study this with the AFC. During my last stim, my first blood test showed E2 value 5K+. Doc not happy, asked me to go back next day and test again. Thank God it should up to 9k+. Then she said ok. I retrieved 17 eggs. But it does not indicate good egg quality though.

Morning Chris and red velvet, so that means during stim, nuh actually carries out bt to test our E2 level ah? Cos kkh bo leh...

Red velvet: Yes E2 isn't a figure pluck off the chart. With AFC, doc can guess. You are right that the value can shoot up in a day. I had 3000+ then 1-2days later, it went up 7000+, I think maybe it tells the maturation. My guess. There was an article that gave some values but I cant seems to find that article again. :/ You will like Prof velvet, I think he is a statistic, analytical kinda person too.. hahaha. I also look at the report and find answers one, I want to know type lo. But I am kinda jack of all but master of none.. :p

i1BB: Yes, E2 can determine roughly. TFC also bo..
happy.gif
but I kinda prick many times consecutively also, but I don't mind cos I want to know results too.

Chris, oooo... I sure dnt mind knowing too... I m Lagi jiatluk, I am no jack n no master! Hahaha... Me super sotong one.. Can never get these Levels, AMH, LH, FSH etc right... Jin blur

Chris, when should E2 be tested? Before ovulation? CD what? IS AMH different? Both are showing reserve and follies right? Btw, my last week US Sono showed antral follicles (sleeping follicles).. abt 12 on each ovary. Was hopeful that this cycle can do IVF but due to the 3 cysts.. on hold.

hello ladies, would like to know what do i expect on my 1st meeting with professor wong? do i have to undergo the various tests even if i bring along my medical records?

Sara: E2 will be tested in D2-3. In some hosp where blood tests is done through stimming, E2 is also done. Yes E2 is diff from AMH. Your AFC is pretty high, do u have PCOS? I saw your AMH levels in the other thread.

Summer: bring all your medical records, both yours and hubby.

Chris, I'm terribly sorry. I saw Dr He Qiuling just now but cos I was too hot n sweating from the weather I totally forgot to ask her abt accu!!!! Faint... I knew I left something out to ask her de but I just cnt recall simi... Damn... I'm old! Anyway I called them up... Didn't manage to speak to Dr He but spoke to one of the girls working there, she said Dr He do accu for fertility! Fees range from 16-40. But must c Dr He first n let her assess c whether accu is nec or not... Next week when I c her, I must ask her for more details... Sigh... Pardon my forgetfulness hor...

i1BB: don't worry.
happy.gif

Summer: that's all. Just be tell him all that you know about both your health plus the medical records. Nothing else.
happy.gif

Hi anyone know what we need to do before ER?
CHR just called and said i might be do ER on Wednesday hence ask me go for scan on Monday morning after that go back again on 3pm for briefing..

Hi ylgoh,

Prof told me go back Mon for another scan and probably ER on Wed too.What briefing on 3pm Monday? For ER? Hubby need to clear the sperm (by today) before ER.Did nurse told u that?

How your progress today? My follicies increase from 5 to 6 and the biggest size is 15mm and my lining is 7, and my dosage remain the same.How about u ?

Hi Lavender,
Yup nurse told me that hubby to clear sperm on tomorrow wo..
I have total 18 and the biggest is 13mm both side have equal follicle and size.
Lining i didn't ask wo...Monday i ask the nurse again.
Yup my dosage remain the same.
Seems like your progress is good after the extra jab. Good for u

Hi Lavender, things isn't looking too good for me. Again was asked to stop but after seeing my blood result I'm to continue on till Monday for final decision. The growth isn't much but blood level doubled...very strange!

ylgoh,

Your progress is good as well.18 a lot and the chance are higher
happy.gif
So did nurse said Mon 3pm need to go for ER briefing ? As they didnt mention this to me.

Prof said GOOD after he mention 15mm to nurse! haha..then he said i can skip blood test that day
happy.gif
Good for me at least can skip the pain of needle
happy.gif

Hi ladylamb,

Dont worry...blood level double mean there still have chance,right? What is your biggest follicies size in your last scan? My last IVF ER also delay few days as follicies grow slow but at the end manage to make it for ER...so dont worry too much. Wish you good luck on Mon and i also going to scan again on Mon.See u there...
happy.gif

Hi lady lamb n Goh , how was your scan today ? My biggest follicles is 17 mm n the lining 9 mm. Prof said my ER will be thurs or fri n tomorrow going to see him again. How about yours? Feel free to share here . Thanks

Hi Lavender, what time were you at chr today? If you were there early today, i was the second in queue..hehe..
Last Sat didnt show any growth and some very slow but as i mentioned blood report showed double. Today's scan was more hopeful. The follicles grew from 9&10mm on Sat to 14&15mm today. Unfortunately, the scan shows that my ovary on the right is higher and maybe cannot reach but hopefully as it grow, the position changes. Left side has some new small follicles and one at 15mm this morning.
Lining 10mm on sat and today became 8mm.
I'm going back again tomorrow for another scan. Such a roller coaster ride...stop continue stop continue...let's hope for the best!

Hi Ladylamb,

Today i was a bit late, i reach Woman clinic 8.10am. Actually i wake up 6.15am n did my 2 jab before i go NUH.But, as i stay quite far so still a bit late than my actual appt time.

Glad that your follicies grow, as long as grow still have chance. How come your lining become thinner ? I tot should become thicker n thicker?

How much your dosage now? We can see each other tomorrow...
happy.gif

Back