IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Hi all,

Finally i have start my ICSI treatment with NUH now.Today is my 2nd time self injection.Anyone having the treatment now? Hope can share experience together
happy.gif

Hello....I'm with PC Wong NUH...so far so good. Results out today 23eggs, 21 mature, 18 fertilized, 9 good grade so still short of 2 numbers to buy TOTO.
Yes, attended the IVF seminar by Prof Wong couple of weeks ago.
Did all the jabs then was horrified that i was the first Elonva drug trial patient...but ok lah since no free lunch in the world, first patient then first loh.

Nurse Serina said i'm textbook patient, didn't experience weight gain, pimple breakout, bloatiness etc etc. In fact i'm up and running around town until embryo transfer on this thursday.

Prof was very persuasive that i implant only 1 embryo and i don't really care if he want to implant 1 or 2, keeping my expectations low. Most people i know fail on first attempt so i rather waste 1 embryo than 2.

Was actually having fun injecting myself, coz since i'm on trial drug, i didn't have to jab much and went to GP to jab so only did 1 jab myself.

Total damaged not much, $8440 so far

forgot to say, i was previously from KKH but some researchers at Biopolis said NUH is better and always ask for Prof PC Wong even if it's private patient rates so be it. Was formerly with Dr Sadhana at KKH who did HSG for me and said i should proceed straight to IVF but no need to remove my damaged fallopian tube from last surgery at KKH. Prof Wong thinks otherwise though so he's the Prof i'm not so ok loh...listen to prof..u want to remove then remove

My experience at KKH = Transvaginal ultrasound done by technician a day earlier or in the morning, means u need to go KKH 2 days, or the entire day. At NUH, Prof do the ultrasound for you himself in his clinic so 1stop service.

Always prepare a list of questions to ask prof, he will not say much unless u ask questions.

Appointments are bloody early 730-9am, heard 9am last patient for IVF every morning. And Nurse sharon and Alice at room 3&4 are very nice and personalized. ok maybe i'm test patient so they need to remember me.

Level 4 CHR - Nurse Jane and Serina are also very thoughtful, in fact only a few nurses there they'll recognise you.

Hi Donkey, glad to read your experience here.Can i know why u so lucky to be first Elonva drug trial patient in NUH? U have very good result with 18 fertilized! So envy!!!How many egg you have in your menses Day 2 scan? I only have 3-4 which previously have 5.

Can i know your result in KKH previously? As many fertilized as this time? I was previously in KKH and currently 2nd attempt at NUH with Prof Wong.Today is my 3rd day self injection, and will go back to scan on wed.

Wish both of us good luck
happy.gif
and i'm sure u will have very high chance to success...

hi shijia,

Thanks and hello! U were pregnant under Prof Wong right? Mind to share your experience like how many eggs retrived and embroy fertilized? Today is my 3rd day self injection and i'm having flu now.Not sure whether the flu will effect my egg grow ( my previous ICSI treatment also having flu,not sure why as i seldom have flu but both my ICSI have flu)

Hi Lavender

Yes my procedure done by him...

the experience is good... Prof wong and his team are very helpful... no regret going through with them

for me total 9 eggs retrieved, but only 2 are fertilized and the rest didn't make it.... but fortunately 2 are implanted but unfortunately i lost one of my twin at week 8

Now my baby is 4 months old, very healthy and well
happy.gif

During my ICSI, i took chicken essence daily, no soft or cold drink... i really take good care of my health but drinking plenty water and take vit c and vitamins to prepare for the egg transfer.

hi Lavender,
So coincident, today i also 3rd day self injection
happy.gif
I am under Prof Wong as well....
How much dosage u are now? i having 112.5 for these 5 days..
As on Saturday scan, prof wong was not around hence dr chew do the scan for me and he comment that i having very high ovary for both side...after that never say anything then walk off already...Anyone experience this before?

Ylgoh- I do have one side ovary high also, but till last scan become slightly high.
But Prof still manage to retrieve from the ovary on retrieval day.
Normally by end of stimulation, when ovary is heavy with the embryos, it will come down, but it all depend also.

I didn't volunteer for elonva, he just asked me if I wanted to try then he said 1jab of slow releasing FSH instead of 7 I happily said yes! Doesn't make sense to reject less injections! But I guess statistics play a part, guess I was pretty normal except for one damaged Fallopian tube but normal hormone levels?

I rem no. Follicles for first week wasn't a lot, total of 16 and only reached 14.5mm, short of 3mm to reach 17.5mm min size so I went back with extra puregon pen jab.

I didn't start Ivf at kkh after checking with several drug reps which Ivf dr is best so 2 pointed to NUH so I quickly asked for my reports and zip them into cd, made appt at NUH with prof Wong and he suggested to remove my damaged tubes if i wanted to, could do it asap and come back after 1 year trying to conceive naturally. Didn't wait till 1yr though, after 4months came back and do...thanks to govt subsidy

According to nurses, prof doesn't quite believe in elonva so I guess he needed guinea pig but if I remember previous textbooks we studied, slow releasing hormones are pretty common in the industry but needs hell a lot of monitoring.

Ok I also have a left right ovary since its still stuck to my large intestines and normal right ovary. Dr fong at NUH who removed my Fallopian tube said its a mess inside me after surgery at kkh, basically tubes were dilated until beyond hope and ovary and tubes were attached to large intestines. Prob saved a lot of $ in condoms if I'm not wrong, my eggs properly were passed out in my poop. Because of this prof said I'm a bad iui candidate better for Ivf.

I didn't abstain from any particular food, hot or cold. Drank my favourite winter melon, old melon soup as usual no extra vitamins or extra eggs but can say bye bye to dairy products due to diarrhoea

Btw, the counsellor is crap complete waste of $95. End up quarrelling with husband in front of counsellor.

Dr chew only can scan cannot comment much must wait for prof to comment.

When u do OR use valet hor $6 park whole day don't park underground more expensive and ask for single room for day surgery extra $100 more worth it. Then wont kana noisy PRC women who talk non stop

donkey ears: i agree 100% from you that counselling is a waste of money! $95 gone just for her to ask us personal questions and very insensitive to our feelings. To me she is just being kepo on how we will deal when going thru ivf! I hate her so much, i feel like punching her face everytime she ask questions! LOL!

I compared my ivf experience with my friends from private hospitals and realized Prof Wong abit on the very very kiasu side.

So after OR, waiting for ET on thur, he prescribed me 14 daily jabs of oil based progesterone, daily 3x hormone vaginal insertions (estrogen and progesterone). Nurse plead on my behalf to reduce the jabs but Prof insist and he seems to be deviating from the norm. Maybe he thinks i should suffer more pain on my buttocks since i had 6jabs less of FSH with Elonva

Ok anyway, private hospital my friend went, prescribed only 3 progesterone jabs on alternate days and oral progesterone and estrogen. But again since my jabs are free and the estrogen/progesterone are relatively cheap ($120)i shouldn't complain.

Let's see if PC wong is really good!

Oh and i'm going back to NUH daily for the buttock jabs so again, i'm deviating from the norm when MC is given to rest in bed

hmm...embryologist called with the daily report, 3rd day of embryo growth and all 18 embryos are still growing well. Apparently, out of the 18 fertilized embryos, 9 are good grade, 9 are satisfactory so she advised that after implanting 1 on thur, i can freeze all 17 remainder and do FET later.

so if odds are 33%, i can have 6kids!

Hi ylgoh,

Wow..Nice to meet u here,maybe we met each other last Sat.
happy.gif
Dr Chew did the scan for me too but he didnt comment anything.How many follicular u have in your Day 2 scan? I only have about 2 for each side.So less which my last year IVF at KK got 5 as total.

My dosage is 300,u are much lesser than me.How about your AMH reading? Mine is 8.9.Is this your 1st time IVF?

I will go to NUH tomorrow morning for scanning.Hopefully i have more follicular grow.

How do you take care your diet?

Please come here more often and update with us your progress as we are on the same stage and can share feeling & progress with each other.

Hi donkey,

Thanks for your update here.I didnt go thru counselling in NUH as i did in KKH previously.

Good luck for your ET on thurs.So envy you have so many good grade embroys...

Hi Lavender, ylgoh,
I am also with NUH Prof Wong, at my stimulation stage now. Today is my day 7 of jab. Yesterday had my development scan..was really disappointed with only 2 follicles at each side. So, total i have 4 visible ones during the scan. After that, my dosage has been increased. My AMH was quite high so I find it very puzzling..anyway, hope my 4 follicles grow beautifully...let's encourage each other here!

Hi lavender,
He didn't tell me how many follicular I just heard that dr chew said right 6 left 4 don't know what is that and said ovary very very high lo...this is my first ivf... My AMH reading was 52.3 and 2nd time is 35.6... Ya tml will go for scanning see how...

BTW, i'm doing last min acupuncture, just went to the nearest one near my place. 30min acupuncture with heat over my tummy.
Sinseh said this is to improve blood circulation, which is correct, textbook says to help embryo implant nicely, the endo layer must be thick thick to cushion.

By right should start acupuncture 1 month prior like what prof said in his seminar but i forgot.

1st time $42, subsequently $38
Progesterone jab will also result in poor sleep pattern coz high on hormones so i also did acu to improve sleep

Didn't take any herbs so will guai guai acu until wed. And anyway, acupuncture alot less painful than ivf

Hi ladylamb,

Can i know how many follicles you have during Day 2 scan? Can i know your previous dosage n how much dosage now? How about your AMH reading? I think my AMH quite low even the nurse & Prof Wong said it's still within the normal range thats why my dosage quite high 300 and my follicles so little feel so worry and disappointed as my last IVF only have 1 embroy transfer.

Yes, please come here often to update with us your progress and we should encourage each other to complete the journey
happy.gif

ylgoh,

Dr chew said right 6 left 4 mean you have 10 in total.What time your appt tomorrow? Nurse just called me to be there 7.45am.How about u?

Donkey ears, Anti-Müllerian hormone. Egg reserve indicator.

What is ur fsh no? Sorry I asked bcos I am doing ivf in a week's time.

Oh yah lavender, what I need to bring for tomorrow? I can't remember the CHR nurse told. Is it just the pen and also the box?

ylgoh, then we can met each other tomorrow?!haha...Just bring the box will do as we need to bring back the medicine & pen.Pen no need to bring as already throw after self injection,right?

I really forget what she told me.... Haha...maybe that time already feel too tired of waiting... How do u feel now so far? I only feel easy to get tired so far

Hi hi everyone. I'm new here. Need some advice n enlightenment from sisters here Previously did two IVF at kkh n now for my final last round of IVF I decided to switch to nuh. This morning was my first apt n I saw dr Stephen chew. Found him v attentive n really reads through n jot down everything. He ordered a series of BT for me to do on cd2 of my next af cycle. These bt includes:-

SLE Panel
Constitutional cytogenetics - chromosomal karotyping (peripheral blood)
Thrombophilia Scr PI
Fert Infectious Scr
Thyroid Screen 2
Thalassaemia Screen
Anti-Mullerian Hormone
Amenorhoea

Can I know if the above bt are the normal standard bt everyone do? And if anyone can tell me approximately how much will all the above bt cost? I forgot to ask the nurse earlier... Hehe... TIA

ylgoh,

I feel tired too,but my tired should be due to i having flu now.I'm not sure whether flu will effect follicies grow or not ( too bad my last IVF also having flu).

Tomorrow have to be NUH so early mean have to wake up so early.....

Hi red velvet, I didn't ask for it. I told dr chew I got preg twice naturally but lost both.. One due to abnormal size n one no heartbeat... Mayb that's y he ordered this test for me... I rem I ever read this test quiet ex right? Hee

IBB, I remembered egg factory requested this test before. Yes, she said it was quite costly when she did it. When is ur next cycle?

Yo red, my intention is to start jabbing in October... Sigh... Costly ah?! Shit lor! Pocket one big hole again.... Zzzz

Lavender,
My AMH is 31.7, and during day2 scan i had 4 at each side (total 8) I was already kind of disappointed with the number considering my AMH quite alright. And after 5 days of gonal f 225iu jab, I went back to scan and only to find 2 follicles at each side. I was really disappointed
sad.gif
I am now on Pergoveris jab too which is really painful. That makes my total gonal f dosage now 375iu. Hopefully, with higher dosage I will see an imporovement during my next scan...

Hi ladylamb,

Your AMH reading so much higher than mine.A bit weird how come your follicles become lesser after jab? Did u check with Prof Wong why this happened? What is the purpose for Pergoveris jab?

Hi ladylamb, your amh level is very good. Try drinking lots of water as it helps the medicine is transport more effectively to the ovaries. My doc taught me this during my last ivf with her. Hope it helps.

Lavender,
Prof was also surprised to find only 2 at each side. Maybe I am a poor responder to gonal f? Pergoveris is like additional gonal f with vitamin and booster. Really really hope this Thursday will see better results.

Red Velvet,
I thought my amh is ok too..but the result i see during scan was a huge disappointment. But I shall not be discouraged..will be positive and hope these 4 follicles grow beautifully. Thanks for the advise, I have been drinking lotsa of water, but I guess it wasn't enough...

Btw, anyone of you experience thick eggwhite transparent slippery discharge while on jab? I had it once yesterday and today.

Ladylamb: what's your follicle count at D2-3?

Lavender/red velvet: I find that high AMH don't mean high follicles growth too. My AMH ard 26-27 using 300-400iu (on long) and 263-300iu (on short) about 9 retrieved. Next round, i need to up dose liao. Another factor is the number of AFC for that cycle too.

Ladylamb: yes discharge like this is norm from about half-way through the jabs. Ah, sorry I just realise u mentioned 8 follicles on D2. I notice that except for PCOS, for the rest, the follicles that actually grow from the stimming is less than the D2 count.

Chris,
Oic...i always thought with jab it will push out more follicles..does the number of follicles count change with every visit? The reason I ask is I am still hoping for more to grow, but i guess very unlikely..anyway, just hope it doesn't decrease again...

Chris, I see. What is your fsh level may I ask? Mine is 8 and amh is also 26. That's why I am checking with the sisters to find the correlation.

Ladylamb I was with prof too n during day 5 scan only 4 follicles. Prof placed me on pergoveris n more follicles grew but sizes quite different. Just before collection prof hoped to collect 3. In the end collected 4 n all fertilised. 2 transferred n 2 didn't make it. I'm now at wk 21 w twins so stay positive! Btw I was on 375 gonal f from the start.

Ladylamb: it's hard to say but if the growing ones continue to grow well n yield good eggs, that'll be v good. Like u mention, stay positive. Is this your first cycle?

Red velvet: my FSH is 6.2. What correlation are u trying to see?

Back