IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Chris, my fsh and amh last year were 6.7 and 14. This year my fsh is at 8 but my amh is 26. Correct me if I am wrong, higher fsh should give a lower amh level right? Prof said amh level can fluctuate time to time.

Small bunny: Wow, that's such a great news
happy.gif
Now my biggest wish is also for these few follicles to be of good quality, grow, and successfully fertilized. How many days of jab did you go through before egg collection day? So happy you managed to get preggy with twins...do you know their gender yet? Anyway, congrats to you!

Chris: Yes this is my first fresh cycle. I have problem with my left tube-hydrosalpinx...hope it wouldn't hinder implantation...

Red velvet: it's quite amazing that your AMH grew so much.. How did that happen? Your FSH is within norm so it does not make much difference in the slight increase.

Ladylamb: Usually the first fertility treatment churns out surprises (if any), so dont feel alone in it. Also you are cleared to start Ivf right? If so, don't worry ya. Let the doc monitor you and worry for u ok. JY!

Chris, I try my best to sleep by 11pm every night. Hubby and I are self-employed. We streamlined our hours and I am half as stessed up as last time. My last prolactin level is 700 but this time only one hundred over. I think hence the results. But prof is not impressed leh.

Red velvet: I think it's v good your BT is normalized. 700 is v high. Anyway this cycle should work well for u.
happy.gif
Prof is probably cautious ba. How can results improved so much n be unimpressive leh! Its good that your hubby n u work together, its sygnetic effect ya. I thinking to change job or stop job cos of stress at work.. I m still deciding n finding. Ok maybe I should sleep now since I take long time to sleep.
happy.gif

Ladylamb can't recall how many jabs I had before collection but including blood test, ec, et n support jabs after confirming pregnancy, around 40 jabs. But all these are now a vague memory to me.
My twins are both boys. All ladies on ivf, do stay positive, rest n eat well. If possible be good n avoid caffeine, cold drinks n cooling food.

Red velvet: I know. I did stop work for a while sometime back, and was good then went a lot of things happen so back t work and all stressed up. So back to sq1? Really not young, find job not easy also. But more or less decide to leave job. Hope can find another one quickly.

Ladylamb: sorry to hear that but hope you will succeed this one ok! JY!
For me, I keep an open mind, there must still be a life with childlessness too as I tell myself. It's better to leave a way out for oneself then be entrapped. In life, there will be many things beyond our control one.

Chris, I totally understand the dilemma. Hubby and I came back here at 35 and then started our business. We now see the success but regretted not starting active ttcing earlier. 心里觉得很碗稀。Cannot help but feel sad. So if resources permit, I would say, try now at all means.

Ladylamb, jia you. Don't give up!

Hi ylgoh,

How was your scan result today? My follicles from 3 or 4 back to 5 today(same as my 1st scan in previous IVF cycle) and the size are 7mm & 10mm.Even still not many at least have improvement.Prof Wong increase my Gonal-f from 300 to 375 and start tomorrow need to jab in the morning.Nurse called me to go back CHR take 1 more medicine(cant recall what is the name now), and going to scan again this Sat.

How about u? Feel free to share with me your progress...
happy.gif

Red velvet: you know I was just thinking on your sentence while standing on both sides; don't 觉得很碗稀 ok. I am sure at that point, you and hubby made the right decision. Sometimes the difficult thing is looking back. We cannot turn the time back and if it would be for regrets then it can only get deeper in what you already have no control. I think you are already doing very well in forward-looking. Personally I believe in the end of the run (whatever it might be), we will at the same "level". I am saying this because I really know how you feel. We married young and if "we are lucky" (usually people will say that right?), our kids would have been in pri sch now. These words only bring sorrow to me. The "if" kills and it's actually an "irelevant" word to me. Nobody knows anyway. Learning how to be strong despite the circumstances is more worthy. So don't be disheartened ok. Lets JY! Like I say, how one make meaning of a situation and turn it around happens when one can change his/her perception. I am not saying these because I have done it all, it's because I am also still learning on life's journey
happy.gif

Summer: don't think so leh. Mine was 11mm, not sure on ET or before hcg.

Hi Lavender,
today scan i have 7 on right & 10 on left the size is same as yours.
he is mentioned the biggest size right? did he measure your lining?
My gonal-f dosage remain the same 112.5. Yup tomorrow morning onwards have to inject the other drugs forget the name.....

Hi ylgoh, your follicles increase from 10 to 17!!! so many....do u consume anything? U really respond well..
happy.gif
no wonder u just need to remain your dosage.Prof Wong measure your lining?For me no, as didnt hear he mentioned.

yup prof wong never increase my dosage...
he also never measure my lining...
i never consume anything special wo...just normal...
this is your 2nd ivf? how is your flu now? better?
woow tomorrow morning jab dont know will painful or not..worry haha

Hi ylgoh,

yes,this is my 2nd time IVF.My flu better now but still have cough.I asked Prof Wong can i consume flu medicine,he said can but i think not going to eat as now only left cough.

So envy of u,respond so well and no need increase dosage (mean save $$$) and no need go back for additional medicine.

We update each other tomorrow morning after jab whether painful or not..haha

Lavendar, ylgoh,

Prof measures the lining.. But he doesn't place emphasis on it so won't tell us unless we ask.. I usually get the info after the scan when i go to CHR to get my med.. All the measurements are on top page in our files.. You can just ask the CHR nurse for your lining or if you forget the size of follicles..

Min81,
so the morning jab is it painful?
happy.gif

How many jabs you have for your last ivf?
today is my day 5 of injection not sure when will end...

ylgoh,

Well, if you wanna compare, ya i think the morning jab which isthe cetrotide jab is more painful than gonal-f.. But manageable pain so don't worry
happy.gif
I use an ice pack on the injection site before every jab.. I think it helps.. For my cycle, i had 11 days of jabs, 2 jabs daily starting from day 6..

Min81,
i see....thank you for your suggestion...
so how many have you retrieve and frozen?
Have you taken brazil nut during 2WW?

ylgoh,

Although my last scan shows 4 on left ovary and 6 on right, unfortunately on ER day, my left ovary had kinda shifted its position and was blocked by my cervix.. So Prof could only retrieve from the right side.. Retrieved 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilised.. Transferred 2 precious embryos.. No frozen..

I started on brazil nuts even before ivf.. I was thinking no harm.. Would just take 2-3 on alternate days.. During 2ww, i took 2 everyday..

Ylgoh, good to hear that you respond well to the jab...

The morning jab;cetrotide is comparable with gonal f...still manageable...so far the worst for me is my pergoveris extra jab...this one i teared when hb jab me....it's like burning and biting my fat....

Tomorrow my turn to go for another scan....hope to see improvement...

Hi ladylamb,

I think the jab i going to take tomorrow is pergoveris (coz nurse did mentioned,n sound like this)wah!painful? then i will have 3 jab daily tomorrow onwards???!!! On my god...How many days for your pergoveris extra jab?

All your jab done by your hubby? Why pergoveris more painful? Different needles? or the medicine make us more painful?

Hi ylgoh,

Past experience in KKH was using different medicine with NUH,some jab pain some not pain, i think is the way how i jab myself make the different.

My 1st ivf at KKH of coz not success,otherwise i will not have to try again in NUH now...haha

min 81,

Initially first few scan thickness of lining important? I remember my last KKH IVF cycle dr only mention thickness of lining when i almost ready for ER.Anyway i will try to ask in my next scan.What is the good thickness for lining ? My last time in KKH is triple 10.

Lavender,
Is it a good response? I don't know whether is good or not just know is growing... More doesn't mean good quality hhe.... I already 32... How about u?

Lavender,
I think its more of the effect of the med than the needles..when the med goes in you feel the pain instantly...but the pain subsided soon after. You mean you will only collect your med tomorrow? The nurse gave me 4 days of of pergoveris jab. Tomorrow will be my next scan and I'll see what's the update...

IBB. I wanted to check the karotyping cost for you when I went to CHR this morning. But the nurses there didn't have the pricing with them. I know it is between 1-2k. IBB jia you! You have conceived before. Next ivf will be a charm.
happy.gif

Lavendar, I am 39 moving towards to big 40. Stimming starts next week when AF reports. Can't wait.

Min 81, all the best for your next scan. You are a very brave lady.

Reddesk, your msg made me cry. Boo hoo...I am usually not like that. Hit the sore spot today, must be the menses coming.;p all the best to your job finding.
happy.gif

I realised prof didn't even measured my endo lining thickness. In fact, I haven't seen him since 2days before OR and the nurses said thickness isn't important coz prof is trying to break away from old methods of monitoring thickness and giving hell lotsa progesterone and oestrogen. I also didn't get any extra medicine since OR. Nurses said I can carry out my daily activities climb stairs etc but skip my heels in case I fall.

Thanks for the trouble deary red velvet... Geez... So ex ah....Siao Liao lor... Dr chew ordered both me n my DH to do that test... Plus alot others also... Gonna burn a big hole in my pocket... Damn! I m not pinning much hope on anything nowadays honestly... U can say I'm zen now or more like I sian alrdy... Haha...

Hey gals, I also quit my job a year plus for ttc n to no avail... Things have to move on so I'm gonna try my very last fresh n decide where to go from there... If still no bb, at least no regrets n tried my best...

My sis in law preg with second child... Sooooo happy for her but on the other hand sometimes really cnt help feeling sooooo sorry for myself.... What seems to b such an easy n natural thing for others kind of turned out Mission Impossible for me...

Btw I discovered only at my last jab that it's best not to use the alcohol swaps packed with the cetrotide or pergoveris. Was told it's too wet n if alcohol has not dried when u jab, it's more painful. Better to use the extra swaps CHR nurses put in like those for gonal f.
That partly explained why some jabs were more painful than others for me!

Lavendar don't worry. The 1st pergoveris jab for me was the worst (tummy still wet from alcohol) subsequent ones were much better n for me I found the pain disappearing much faster than from cetrotide.

Red velvet: sayang sayang. Sim tiah si wu lang zai eh. All the very best to your coming fresh. I really hope you will succeed
happy.gif
thanks on the job finding.

1iBB: the karotyping test is to check for? I also failed twice but still no investigation except for the hysteroscopy leh *sweat*. I hope the final fresh can succeed for me so I am trying to tell myself not to rush. I agree with you that once we know we did our best, it's good to move on. You are a brave lady!!
I want to ask also, you are seeing a TCM in Chinatown, could you share the info?

Small bunny: now that you mention, it's true the swap with cetrotide is very wet and i notice it cause the skin in my finger to peel also since I have to press and hold at the injection site for a while.

1iBB: I see.. With knowing that information, how would it further help with the IVF, do u know? The test checks what type of chromosal defects?

Oops Chris, sorry I missed out the last bit of your question on TCM at Chinatown. I only started seeing her in March..3 weeks ago... Her name is He Qiu Ling of eu yan San at south bridge road. I'm staying nearby so I think gg there is easier for me than to travel all the way to Dr Zou at Ang Mo Kio. Used to see Dr Zhao at raffles but stopped when I m/c in July last year. Dr Zhao is good but too costly for me cos she gives me alot alot of meds thus my monthly TCM bill can come up to a whopping sum of 400+... N I'm not working so.... Lolx... Now changed to He Qiuling, I find her not bad too. Her desk alot of babies photos also n heard from my sis in law she also helped alot of couples conceive de... Fingers crossed

Chris, Dr Chew says test to c if there's any chromosomal abnormalities, touchwood if have, even pregnant again also might miscarriage... N for IVF, embryos also wnt really develope further if there's chromosomal abnormalities so basically I will b wasting money doing IVF for nothing....

1iBB: no problem.. Thanks for the info. Dr Zou is also very far for me. I know TCM is very ex hor. Seeing Dr Zou also comes up to that too. Does Dr He do accup? Would she be ok with just doing accup? Thank for the explanation on the karotype test. I think the PGD of embryos is more useful but I think it's not allowed in SG and very ex. It's still difficult to conclude with the karotype test on the parents since most reports says its possible to conceive a healthy baby. But it will give you some answers on your own's chromosomal makeup. Basically the decision to do the tests is more benefits of the knowledge that leads to success versus cost. One thing is good to know from your previous cycle is implantation did happen so maybe the focus now is on the embryo.

Chris, I dnt know if Dr He do accu or not. I am also keen to find out. I'll b gg to c her coming Friday n will find out n update u as well. I dnt knw wat dr chew or prof wong will propose me to do shd the test results come back no good. Mayb they might tell me dnt waste time n money to do IVF? Lolx... We'll c... Anyway good to find out too I guess...

Back