Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

Hi ladies, the thread seems to be alive again! Tats great!

Happyhippo, everyone around me kept saying must enjoy the moment nw coz will be over soon... N it's true coz it's like only three mths more to poping! U must be enjoying wif ur boy nw...

Lena soon, congrats on yr bfp n twin. I m only like u, fertilized two transferred two n none to freeze.. Anyway I feel very blessed n I believed u feel the same too

Hi Angeline mummy, no pain means dr Foong skill is super good!! He is very gd dr n I adored him alot! U mean dr Foong c section fee only is $3500? There is no antenatal package at all?

Hi mummies, haven't checked in this thread for a long time.

Just an update on my side. Dr F did an op for me in Jul to remove a 0.8cm polyp and i conceived (unexpectedly) 3 wks later. was not supposed to get preg aft the surgery but when i went to see him for post surgery, he told me my period was abt to come. I only had unprotected sex once, the day before my period was supposed to come and got pregnant instead! even Dr F was sooooooo surprised. Angeline even told me "impossible!"

I am so glad i changed my gynae to Dr F. he was really reassuring, always answering my calls and telling me to come in for BT in the initial few weeks. he told me to talk as many mc as i wanted to rest cos he knew i was very scared of losing a 3rd preg. best of all he never dismisses my fears and patiently listens to them all (i'm sure he has heard the same thing a million and 1 times). i had some complication with the polyp removal and had to undergo an emergency laprascopy immediately aft the first surgery. Dr F was very reassuring and didn't complain when a 30mins surgery became a 3hrs ordeal. he was really really nice and stayed with me until i woke up from anaethesia a 2nd time before he left.

Another wonderful habit of his is that he will call u once he gets the results of the tests as soon as he gets it that very day. I just did my OSCAR and he called me the day aft with the results though I was scheduled to see him a few days later. He actually gave me a scare cos usually gynaes don't bother to call u if the results were gd. mine were fantastic and I actually told him when i saw his number, i thought it was bad news.

Angeline, congrats on the arrival of ur baby gal! enjoy motherhood!

lyn,
yes. c-sect fees is S$3500. there is no antenatal package now. i think last time they used to have it.

piggywiggy,
tks. congrats to u too. it's a miracle.

Hi all,

Am at 7 weeks...just received call from DR F's nurse to fix me a scanning at TMC during the 12th week. Can anyone advise what scan is that?

Tks Fu...
happy.gif

Angeline, yup, pregnant for abt 8 wks+ now
happy.gif
conceive naturally, can consider a miracle coz already started stage 1 of ivf and was abt to start stage 2 when i found out i am pregnant. Both hubby and i were thrilled
happy.gif

hi, just wan to get some info. anyone here succeeded in doing IUI under Dr Foong? for my case, prob lies with hubby. sperm count ok but mortility is low. we are now under NUH & the doc recommended us to do IUI 1st. i've no confidence that we can succeed under IUI. as we r pte patients in NUH & the costs of IUI will be similar to pte gyane, thought of getting 2nd opinion. do we need to repeat all the tests again? hubby n i juz had all our tests taken @ NUH last month.

Rainy, since u have all tests done last mth, dr foong won't tell u to repeat the tests again. Just remember to get all ur medical reports from nuh for him.

thks fuyutsuki. r u seeing dr foong currently?
any other docs from gleneagles to recommend for IUI?

i already start my scan this wk. so will stick to NUH for my 1st cycle. for subsq cycles, i shld be switching to pte bah

Hi Rainy, i did 2 IUIs with Dr F. though we didn't strike on both times, u won't believe how incredibly supportive he is. he explains EVERYTHING to u. like u, my prob lies with my hb too. Dr F gave him supplements to help him.

Dr F is not the type of gynae who will make u waste money. if u have done all ur tests within ur last 6 mths he won't repeat them. so don't worry abt that. I have to warn u though that he is quite ex. 1 IUI with him is abt $700 that's without stimulation on the female to produce more eggs.
happy.gif

For me, he made everything comfortable. nv made me felt stupid for asking questions, always reassuring.. now that i m preg, he is my gynae!

Fuyutsuki, congrats on ur preg!! same as me man, i was just able to start IVF when i got preg naturally!

Rainy, i am seeing dr foong for pregnancy. He is a very nice and friendly doc. Not too sure of other docs from Gleneagles so can't help u on this. Maybe u can look around the forum.
Btw, does ur hubby ever consider tcm to improve the mortility? Think tcm does help to a certain extent.

thks piggy & fuyutsuki. will try to persuade my hubby to go c tcm. i read from the forum that Dr Zou from AMK is quite popular. can my hubby juz do accupuncture w/o taking the tcm medicine? he's always travelling so doubt he has the time to take medicine on time. also read somewhere that this tcm from marine parade is quite poupular too. anyone has his contacts?

piggy-congrats to you! so u conceive naturally?

Rainy, my hubby and i were seeing dr zou for abt a mth before conceiving naturally. We only did acupjncture, never take medicine. Acupuncture should be good enough.

I too accupunture with dr zou... I didnt take her med also..
Now im aldry a mother to a pair of twin girls...
So dont be despair!

Angeline
Hows motherhood so far?
happy.gif

fuyutsuki, i'm 16.5 wks along.. just saw Dr F today.. always so nice to see him
happy.gif
makes me smile.. But hor, there is one nurse there, either under Prof Ng or Dr Joshi that is rather irritating.. everytime i m there she is complaining abt another nurse.. forever one.. one moment complaining abt nurse A then when nurse A comes, she will act all pally with her..

Rainy, my hb and i both saw the TCM at Clementi, Dr Tan Kim Sing.. very nice fellow..
happy.gif
yes i conceive naturally aft an op to remove a tiny polyp. didn't expect it as i was waiting for period to come to start IVF!

congrats ladies that u all r now mummies or mummies to be
happy.gif

i dunno when will be my turn. don't seem to hv much luck in my life so far & doubt miracle will happen to me

piggywiggy, i think the nurse u r referring should be under prof ng. do u know the name of dr foong's nurse at the counter? always forget to ask her name, hehee.
rainy, don't despair. i was like u before, thinking that don't have much luck despite the various effort we put in but miracle had happened to me, and also to piggywiggy. so it'll be ur turn soon, it's just a matter of time. good luck
happy.gif

Fuyutsuki, yeah.. i think that nurse's name starts with J!! very annoying.. she is either bitching abt other nurses or other patients.. makes me wonder if she bitches abt me.. zzzzz

Rainy, don't despair.. i had 2 mcs before i conceived this pregnancy.. yet it happened to me when i least expected..

i went for my scan today. only can 1 follicle growing. the rest still small. if this one reaches ideal size this sat, then can do IUI on Mon. but juz depend on 1 follicle plus hubby's prob, i doubt we will hv any success
sad.gif

Dear mummies, I'm a reporter from Straits Times and I'm doing a Sunday Lifestyle feature on Jan1, 2012 focusing on people who will undergo major life changes in 2012.
I'm looking to do a story on either:
- a woman who has taken a long time to conceive and is finally expecting her first baby in the first half of 2012.
Interviewee has to be open to talking about the journey and how they are planning for a life change, as well as a photo shoot. OR
- someone who is expecting triplets?

If you don't mind being interviewed, pls email me at [email protected] and leave your contact details?

Thanks!

Hi all

I am a patient of Dr Foong. Would like to check any of you who are in late thirties or 40s underwent IUI/IVF and succeeded.

Hi Angeline n baby, I hv delivered. I m delivered one mth earlier then my edd. Everything is so far so gd.

Baby79, I remembered u delivered ur twins quite early too right? If so, I hv things to ask abt the great eastern insurance thingy. If u happened to c this posting, can SMS me at 91734741. Thks

Hi other ladies, hw things? Pls be persistent n things will cme out well!! Jiayou!!

happyhippo,

finally saw u here..
happy.gif

wondering where are e rest gone to? recently this thread seems like super quiet? maybe many of them are graduated. lol clinic so crowded with patients but cant find any buddy who is also TTC with Dr Foong now..

Hi claris, I'm TTCing with dr foong too. Will be starting my first iui session with him next month. He has given me a dose of serophene to start off with. I sure hope I can succeed. Been TTCing for 10 months now. I

sparkiegirl, u r doing natural iui? we jiayou together! u r trying for 1st baby too? lots of baby dust to both of us!
happy.gif

i was on clomid for 6 cycles (3 cycles then stopped for 6 months then 3 cycles again). now moving on to so-iui, still waiting to do HSG test..

Hi Claris, I am trying for my first baby. It's such irony that I was never interested in kids until much recently. I believe I will be doing natural IUI. Im schedule for Feb session with Dr Foong. He had proposed for me to take Serophene on the second day of my period. Now Im just waiting for my period to happen. Have you done it before? How long have you been trying to conceive? What's the difference between natural and SO? Yes, baby dust to all!!!

Sparkiegirl, serophene which we normally call it clomid. I married a year ago and tried for 3months consecutively because I know I have pcos so didnt wait and straightly away look for fertility treatment. As Hubby was away so stopped for 6months until nov last year start clomid again, but all together 6cycles all failed. I heard clomid can't consume more than 3cycles. But my Chinese doc said would be good to stop after 3cycles then start again. It actually will make ur lining thinner which is happened to me as well. Did dr Foong said anything about ur ovaries? I have problem ovulating but dr Foong said actually I got ovulate just that don't know when. U have regular menses?

Hi Claris, my last visit with Mr Foong was last month and during a scan, he said I might have some mild endometriosis as it was spotted near the opening of my left Fallopian tube. During my previous visits, he did not indicate any problems at my end and also said I have healthy egg reserve. Very encouraging indeed. He also did not recommend anything invasive to cure my endometriosis. I wonder how I 'suddenly' got that since it was previously not spotted. My hubby did a sperm test and through the analysis, he has low motility. Total progressive should be over 50% but he has ard 33%, out of which, only 8% is rapid and the remaining being sluggish. So it seems that we both have issues to work on. I'm a little apprehensive to stop my tcm and start on clomid. After all, I've been on tcm for about 4 months now. Wonder if all my efforts would go to waste. When are u scheduled for so iui?

Hi claris, my period and ovulation is both very regular. It got even more so ever since I started on tcm. Believe it or not, my period starts on the exact date every month!!! By the way, u shld try to get your hands on the clearblue fertility monitor. It helps to pinpoint the peak of your fertility. I personally think it is very useful. Only thing, it is very costly. Costs about $200 for the monitor and additional $80 for 2 months worth of pee sticks.

Sparklegirl, that's good at least u Don't need to worry about ovulation but why dr Foong gave u clomid? Natural is without medication or injections for those who can ovulate on their own. So iui need to do injections when e egg is ready need to send Hubby sperm to wash and inject into vagina. If I'm not wrong. Read from other thread.

Claris, that's one thing I'm puzzled too. As far as I know, I have my lh surge every month. My cycle is about 30/31 days so I usually ovulate on 17th or 18th day. Dr foong said that by putting me on clomid, I can ovulate earlier like on the 14th day. He says it will be better to ovulate earlier. I didn't quite understand that because I thought it's normal to ovulate ard day 17 esp when my period is a 31 day cycle. I'm not sure how clomid will aid in my iui session this time round. He did not mention if there were any injection involved. Have u scheduled your so iui? This is your first? Do you work? Sigh, I'm wondering if it's the work stress that is also getting to me.

Sparkiegirl what is endo? Dr Foong can just use ultrasound to see e tube? Because i should be arranging hsg to check on e tube X-ray. He said endo n some other reason can block e tube. He needs to make sure tubes and Hubby sperm are okay before go to so iui. Hubby sperm test result we haven collect yet but dr Foong call and said quantity is okay quality not so good need take multivitamin to improve e quality. But haven drop by to take yet. :p

U don't worry about tcm. It will sure helps. It's good to tcm with clomid. acupuncture can help e lining n e womb. I saw from other thread some other girls didn't take medicine at all only acupuncture. Because western medicine n Chinese medicine too much will overload e body.

Now my case is a little bit complicated I on clomid for recent cycle and was told no eggs grow so dr Foong said no point trying no chance to conceive. But now menses already delayed 2 weeks. Tmr morning will do hpt if negative need to induce menses. Very worried if not pregnant menses come so late even with clomid. Dr Foong said this cycle my response to clomid was poor so start on injection. Previously was okay. Clomid really give me alot of amside effects.

Hi claris, endo is the abnormal growth cells that usually take place outside of the uterus. It can be in the Fallopian tubes, ovaries etc... Dr foong hasn't suggested hsg yet. Do let me know if u decide to go through it. I'm a lil afraid as i had heard it hurts! Gd luck with your hubby's test! When we picked up the vits from dr foong, I was a little surprised because they are more like vitamins vs meds. He gave my hubby vit e which I felt that I could get it cheaper in gnc. maybe u can ask him just how different is his vits compared to those at the retail stores. Sure hope the delay in your period is something to shout for joy! Dr foong always says not to waste a month of opportunity as it only takes one good sperm to make it all happen!
happy.gif

sparkiegirl, as far as i know if u can ovulate on ur own u dont need clomid to help ur ovulation, only for those have PCOS like me need help from medication. but dr foong ever mentioned to me that eggs produce from ovaries is better to ovulate earlier as e longer they stay in e ovaries will actually affect their quality.

i have yet to schedule still waiting for AF to report then go for HSG test.

sparkie girl, as for e so iui, dr foong said only if both hubby sperm and fallopian tube are good then can go ahead. if both not good need proceed to IVF.
sad.gif

Hi claris, thanks for the info! Didn't know that egg quality declines if it stays longer in the ovary! When u get your sperm test back, it will be broken down into motility and morphology. Under motility it will be either progressive, sluggish or non-motile. A good healthy range for progressive motile sperm is 50% and above. Anything below that would mean that it is 'subfertile'. My hubby has low motility and it appears that vits such as L- carnitine and arginine helps in improving motility. For sperm count, the healthy range is 20 million and above. That is supposed to be the norm. zinc and vit e can improve the count. Has AF arrived? Have u tested with Hpt? Baby dust to u!!! Maybe the year of the dragon will be favorable for us!
happy.gif

sparkiegirl, yup he said ideal CD would be D10 to D14. when i was on clomid i normally ovulate on D18-D20 which Dr F was not satisfied and my TCM doc said it would be good if can ovulate on D14 too. i also curious about hubbý's sperm quality but Dr F never mentioned much in e call.

i tested negative HPT. i call up Dr F he asked me to do another one 2 weeks later because we had unprotected BD recently. he just wants to make sure im not pregnant before starting so iui.

when will u expecting ur AF to start clomid?

Hi claris, I expect to start on my clomid early next week. Waiting for AF to report. Hope it doesn't come but already feeling the symptoms of it like backache. I wish u all the best! Do keep me posted of your iui! I will also keep u posted!

Angeline - is ivf painful at all?

Back