Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

Hi PuiPui,
Don't worry yr hubby is not abnormal, my hubby also don't feel like have sex w me just do when my ovulation period.Sometime vy TL,I know how u feel.As u say u have high sex drive,so r u vy hairy anot??????Hahaha
happy.gif
Seem like u do IVF having twin/tripet bb is vy high.

Curl,
So envy of u,yr hubby can stop workg for nine mth until u give birth
happy.gif
while 4 us still nd to work 4 every mth
sad.gif

Chloe,
If u take max leave will yr company call u in & questn anot.

So have u gals thk of quitg t job just to concentrate on IVF.

Hi ladies

HCG results came back. Its 357, so feel q at ease. Though not conclusive until scan, but likely to be in right position, but still need scan to confirm. I am so kan cheong until i had diarhhoea over this.

Pui, my testsoterone is also high. One of the test, i was even higher than max, which is why i am 'hairy'. But my sex drive very low, so may not be that related.. its prob personality
happy.gif
))

hi wanbb,

i read abt tat too, ideal lining ard 8 to 10. dr foong didnt say anything to me leh..actually he spoke to my husband in pte and just told him tat my lining was quite thin lor..i didnt have high hopes tat time oso.

i oso took prognyova, 3 times a day. plus 3 hcg shots every 3 days.

hehe, no lah..i once bought a vibrator secretly and surprised him but he go and massage his back with it..laughing away like very funny..in the end, never use and i keep until collect dust..throw away liao. i guess its jus him lor, many years, pak tor oso like tat..haha, i think nvm lor..as long he dun go play with women and remain a good hubby, i have to accept his nature. i jus tot tat he alittle abnormal..but since doc say nothing wrong and u gals say nothing wrong then ok lor
happy.gif

hi curl,

congrats..dun worry so much hor..take a break and relax..i oso very hairy leh..esp my legs, cannot tahan. i used to shave every 3 days, now i jus eplilate every 5 days. but its quite irritating.
haha, maybe its really my nature, from teens, i oredi like tat
happy.gif

Curl, recall that you have 2 mature eggs. So Dr foong say anything abt twins? If got twins one boy one girl can close shop relax already. Hee hee.

Puipui, I taking the pills only 2 times a day. HCG is to help with releasing the egg right? Never mention abt HCG shots. Maybe next visit he will inject me! SOB! Dr foong say I would need more medication next cycle. Haiz.. Meaning this cycle no hope.

My hubby also no mood to BD when I ovulate. Funny? For many cycle same period of time. So I in the middle of the night disturb him make him cannot sleep. Then ML just like in his dream. Vibrator nv try leh. I shy to purchase leh. Can try at different places or bed. Last time people always say young boy very high sex drive while young girls don't like sex. Then older women will have higher sex drive than older men. Abit true leh.

Hi WanBB

Yes, I had 2 eggs. I asked abt the question too, but think it is still? according to nurse. She says high hcg doesnt mean its twins.

Yes, i wish I have a boy & girl twins, than can close shop already. No need to go thru such anxiety, but I am happy with one healthy & strong baby too... just wish everything will be ok.

I think spore lifestyle too stressful, so its just common that guys are reacting this way. Actually man also q poor thing, we can have the right not to work when we really cannot tahan being a woman, yet man have to tahan, whether they like it or not.

hi gals

Went to see dr early this afternoon. My left ovary got about 12 follicles, right only has 1 dominant follicle (5 very small ones, which *sigh* dun expect much from them). Actually i should have expected that one side will work, cos previously when i took puregon for IUI, i mostly get 2 follicles from just one side (mostly left) and 0 from the other. Very difficult to balance up lor.

Puipui, check with u. Is my number ok? Dr said ok but i scared he is just being optimistic.

Chole,
Can I know yr 1st time do IVF how much is t cost? I thg of straight away do IVF instd of do SO-IUI.Anyway I still need to consult the Dr.this coming Sat. BTW t nurse all vy old 1 or all young 1.Fm yr threat seem like tat only got 2 nurse serving so many patients is it?

Puipui,
U glad tat yr hubby sex drive is low or else u r t 1 2 get worried,right? Dont know whether u believe a not,hubby sex drive low tat y they treat wife still ok,2 compensatd us 4 not enjoying every nite.hahaha
happy.gif

hi curl

Renee is the manager. Betty, Angeline and the rest of the nurses all reported to her. If u notice, there is another nurse who is at the reception counter with Betty. She is new and she has come to replaced Renee's position.

jac_horse, my ICSI with Dr Foong is costing us about $15K. Out of this $15K, $6K can be deducted from medisave. There are 4 nurses and 1 cashier. Each doctor has 1 nurse (so that's 3). All the nurses and cashier report to a manager who is also a nurse. So altogether, 4 staff under 3 doctors.

hi gals

Dr just called regarding my blood test result today. My LH has surged from 1.5 to 2.2. So, going to see him on sat to make sure that i have not ovulated, if not may have to bring forward the extraction.

puipui, can check with u is 2.2 LH ok?? very worried leh. What if ovulated? Somemore tomm public holiday, cannot test...

hi chloe,

i not sure abt tat leh..something new to me..i didnt knw u can ovulate without ur hcg shot. dun tink so much, maybe not as bad as u think. if its really bad, he would have asked u to come down despite the public holiday rite? try to relax and see wat dr say on sat.

chloe,

13 follicles are quite good leh..i heard from some nurses at kkh saying tat quite a few ladies usually have 8 to 10 follicles onli..i rather u have a good no than end up like me, too many and end up ohss. too many oso no good, quality not good.

hi puipui

can't help worrying, could dr be too optimistic?? i recall the follicles are about 16mm today, really hope the LH surge will not cause the follicles to ovulate too soon.

sigh... i had a bad day in office today. My supervisor was very nasty, kept asking me very insensitive questions about IVF and how it is going to affect my work. Can u imagine how upset i was when he got the cheek to ask me "So, what happens if ur IVF is NOT successful? Are u going to continue IVF the rest of the year?" Goodness, i cannot believe my ears. i have not even started my 2ww and there he is talking about wat if it is not successful!!
sad.gif
Anyway, when i told him way beforehand that i will be doing IVF, he already said upfront that i should not expect myself to get good rating this year for my work performance, since i doing family planning. My God! i only taking 2 weeks MC and he sounded like i will be gone for 1 year.

i work in a so called "Family Friendly" org. What an irony!
sad.gif
Like that also can??

i was very much affected with my bad encounter today. First time i cried during the IVF journey... Hubby also felt that my supervisor was too much. Well, good thing is that he assures me that if i need to leave the org, he will support my decision.
happy.gif
i feel very bad if i got to burden him. But i think at this moment, i will just have to concentrate on the IVF and see how things go before coming to a decision.

Maybe becos i too upset, that's why LH surge?? Oh no, me paranoid again. Can't wait to go into 2ww, else i think i am going crazy already!!

Chloe,
Don't think too much... Will affect the IVF. LH surge already also can 'tong' for 24 to 48 hours before ovulate. So still got time for the collection.

Your supervisor really SUCKS! I won't tell if i'm in your shoes. Just take the MC and say sick cannot come work. At least they won't KPO so much. Maybe I'm a more irresponsible people. Luckily your hubby very supportive. At least someone to lean back on.

wah...so much news and happening since i last log in. sorry gals, i have been busy so could not log in as often as i like.

curl, great that your hcg is high..now just focus on resting well and take things easy.

chloe, sorry to hear about your day. hope today's better cos it's holiday. dont let your supervisor affect you...you just focus on this ivf since you have spent so much already. i'm sure dr foong know what to do cos if i heard from a fren that if extraction is on sun, he would come back. in fact, he visisted his patient at mt alvernia on a sun morning too. so i'm sure he knows what to do!

to keep all informed, my friend's hubby had to go for urology checkup with dr mk li. heard he's famous formed head of nuh urology dept. anyway, my fren also planning to go ivf and asked him to give feedback on ivf labs in spore. he told them that the one dr foong used - embro something, is actually very good. the lab may be new but the staff managing it are now as they are experienced.i feel better after hearing this from her - cos i intend to do my ivf with dr foong. if i'm to do with thomson medical, it's becos it's a bit cheaper. can i confirm cos i recall someone mentioned her ivf with dr foong is abt $15K? that's very ex cos my last ivf with care is about 13K and i'm already feeling the pinch.sigh..sometimes i think having a bb really costs a lot ;-(

by the way, i asked about renee when i was at the clinic in feb, and betty told me she has left the clinic.i do miss her cos i found her quite patient and knows how to explain stuff to me. sometimes i talk to her if dr foong is busy.

hi gals

i am very upset with my supervisor becos he chose to bring up the topic when he knew very well that i will be on leave right after yesterday to do IVF. i am prepared to leave if really cannot "tong" his nonsence.
sad.gif

Well, strawberry, i think i was the one who mentioned $15K IVF with Dr Foong. It varies depending on how much medication u need to to inject. Puregon is already $400+ per bottle (i think about 375IU??) Each time, i need to inject 300IU, very expensive hor?

i think the medication is causing me to be emotional, i can "tong" better on other days. Maybe also becos i kind of worried lor. i wanted to go out with my parents (cos tomm mother's day) for lunch. But becos hubby seemed not quite happy about, had to call my parents to cancel lor. Better also lar, dun wait something happens to me and he blames my parents. sian... so sian already still got to cook lunch for him!!!

anyway, thanks for listening. i think i will have to control my emotions. else like wat u all say lor, will affect my IVF. Will just sleep thru this afternoon and not do anything. Time passes faster this way. Next week, hubby going to put me on quarantine for 2 weeks liao.
sad.gif

wanbb, i like wat u said about my supervisor. He really SUCKS! Everytime i think of how he retrenched my ex-colleague who is the sole breadwinner of her family, i will feel very disgusted. Maybe now my turn lor...

Chloe,
Try not to be affect by wat yr supervisor say.Just treat him as singing to himslf,not present just pretend nver heard at all,I know is tough but thk of yr coming bb,wat also can "tong".
In fact most of t managemt is like tat.Luckiy u start to have yr 2 wk mc.During this 2wk just concentrate on yr IVF & no more thkg abt yr tat supervisor remarks & don't bother of t load of works.Just sit & enjoy 2wk leave.

I feel tat yr hubby shd understd just a small request fm u since u going to stay at hme 4 2 wk.2 wk at hme can be vy vy boring.& tml is mother day's & as a daughter of course we just hope 2 bring our mother out 4 lunch/dinner.Maybe u can an sure yr hubby tat u would tired yrslf of walkg 2 much,after lunch/dinner w yr mum then straight away go hme & rest.

Chloe,
I still find tat $15k vy ex.After deduct $6k medisave still nd to fork out $9k.So this $9k can pay by instalmt or have 2 pay 1 whole short.

Puipui,
So now u still consult any gynae or restg.I really feel tat even thg if now u r restg,yr hubby still nd to be treatd,so it won't waste any more time on it.So this few day did u manage to ask yr hubby 2 have sex w u.haha.... Maybe u can tell him tat u just wan to be close to him & not stress him tat having sex is 4 t bb.Maybe like tat u strike again who know right!
happy.gif

Curl,
So how r u now?Have u face any morning sick?or have u suddenly wan 2 eat anythg.Now u r t QUEEN,so don't feel peisei of askg yr hubby 2 buy.
happy.gif

Tml seeing Dr.Foong, suddenly my mind plain cannot think of wat question to ask him.

hi jac_horse

well, it is not one time payment of $15K. As and when u visit the clinic and collect medication, u have to pay. Puregon is very expensive, about $400+ per bottle. Every day, a bottle will used, and this goes on for about 10+ days.

well, din go dinner with my parents yesterday, i called them to cancel. They also understand lar cos me going to do extraction next monday, they wanted me to rest to. Husband still quite fair lor, turned down his parents' side also.

i went to see dr foong this morning. was relieved to find that i have yet to ovulate, but looks like monday is confirmed. Heard from angeline that on monday, there are 4 patients under dr foong doing IVF!!! wat is this world coming to? so many pple with infertility problem?

Dr will call me this afternoon to let me know the blood test result. Hopefully, everything is fine. Already have HCG for standby. Once dr foong gives green light, will go to nearest GP to inject HCG. Will update u gals again.

hi gals

Dr called to inform that blood test is ok. i will be doing ER on Monday morning.

Check with u all, do ur husbands produce the sperm samples at home at at the hospital? My husband cannot do it at the hospital, so after sending me over, he will have to rush home to produce. Quite a hassle, but no choice lor.
sad.gif
Quite nervous, cos he will not be there with me.
sad.gif

Hi Every1,
Me 2day went 2 c Dr.Foong.Must wait 4 35min be4 my turn,t waitg time is really abit long,suprisely 2 me,t clinic is not wat I expect full of patients on Sat.
My husband quite like Dr.Foong as he really explain alot of things in details which t prev.gynae don't explain alot of things to us at all.Just as wat u gals say abt him I totally agree.But 1 point of him is he seem like a optimism ppl everything is not a major problems to him.
Can I ask any1 of u,my D6 I nd to c him again 4 t injectn cost abt $500.Wat is t injectn 4? I cannot recall so many things at a time when t Dr.speak & this injectn I seem like cannot recall any words fm him.

I personally feel tat 1st time c him with a few follow up cost around $1k already.Is really abit ex. lor.
sad.gif
anyway who ask both of us got infertility problems so this is t price 2 pay be4 my bb arrive.
sad.gif
(Cross my fingers,really hope BB will arrive) If a few attempts still fail,I will give up of having BB,just lonely spend t life w my hubby
sad.gif

Hi Chloe

Bosses in this world just sucks lor. Its the reality. When you can work non stop for them, everything good lor. Once you need to be away, be it MC or maternity, all sorts of rubbish comes. I work in one of the so call good US MNC, have a good direct boss but sucker lady big boss. She pretends to be v understanding but will push my direct boss to produce, knowing that she is short handed and will try to ask my direct boss abt how am I & etc. I think after my ectopic, she prob know i am ttc & want to maybe 'stage' her plans accordingly. SO i always tell my boss not to tell her things... just say i lost one tube & still recovering. There are many ways for them to be nasty. My this big boss more high end politics, use someone to manage. My direct boss q poor thing, so i try to be as supportive, but this type of place u know cant stay long.

I always tell myself at certain stage, we have to make the decision lor. I believe expenses can be managed if we really not work for a period, so we shldnt let job pose a threat to us as much as we can. For eg, living witin your means consistently and having savings when you are working. So when you need to throw the card, do it. But again, just tell yourself to try your best managing work & ttc, also dun want to let company off so easy, but have that triumph card every time. One you can mentally tell yourself that, u may realise you can cope better. That is at least how I feel.

Anyway, its fine for you to vent it here Chloe if it makes u feel better. 16mm wont come out yet. I read research before on this & it says that normal woman will ovulate at 16-18mm, while stimulated woman's egg must reach at least 21mm before it shld b released as a 'standard'.

Actually, dun blame hubby. Think he has your interest at heart. At least he fair, both sides also don't go. Some hubbies stil want wives to entertain MIL... lagi xian esp when you are feeling moody. You are right, u are prob experiencing some mood wings cos of medication.. so ur feelings are understandable.

As for sperm, my huuby say fresher better. Instead of running to & fro, why dont ur hubby do it at home & then send you & his sperm to the hospital? Can ask him consider the handicap toilet outside Dr Foong clinic. Q big space ... for him & no disturbance too...

As for me, stil have some right side pain, so I am not totally at ease yet with fear of another ectopic. I also went for HCG test this morning. Results was 698, so Dr Foong says it looks ok as it has doubled in 2 days, but cannot cfm still if its ectopic. Need to scaon next friday to determine position then at ease. Cos I have no reasons for my 1st ectopic (meaning not a result of scar tissues / pelvic infammatory or etc), so chances of another one is higher.. so still have to be careful. So i think i will 'worry' till friday.. then following friday will have to worry abt if can hear heartbeat a not? just have to move one step at a time lor.

No morning sickness yet, just sleepy. No craving too.. dare not eat, scared fat, so watch what i eat. Yesterday a bit nauseas, but never throw out. 2day ok leh.. yesterday i still prepare big time steamboat dinner at home for my MIL & my hubby's brothers & wives to 'celebrate' mothers day. 2morrow my own mother will come... so wil prepare mini 'buffet'.. try to keep myself occupied and cheerful & hope that things will be fine.

Chloe
Dont think so much of your sucker boss. Off ur mobile phone so he cannot contact you... and concentrate on IVF. Money is one thing but at this pt, it is a critical stage of our lives & try not to let 'umimportant' characters affect you. You will be fine.. let us know your progress.

hi curl

thanks, really comforting to hear from u. i have checked with Angeline, but becos i have to be there 2 hours before the procedure, she scared if my hubby produce at that time, the sperms cannot make it 2 hours later. See how lor, i think just have to be there on my own.

heehee... yes, i will off my mobile, dun wanna hear anything from that JERK!

Going for HCG injection tonight. Will get GP to do it. Wish me good luck!

jac_horse, that one is called puregon injection. It is in the form of a pen and u will have to administer on ur own on CD6, 8 and 10. Puregon is a FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) that will stimulate ur ovaries to produce eggs. Did u do any blood test today?

hi gals,

chloe, ur boss is really really mean. he should be more understanding and sensitive esp when it concerns fertility issues..but yet again, there are alot of bosses who dun give a damn abt u lah. as long u dun show up for work, u kana black mark liao..wat to do? yeah lor, if ur hubby willing to support u, jus go ahead. until now, even though i have not carried a successful pregnancy, i have no regrets quitting..now when i ask my husband should i work, he will say, no lah..i like u stay at home, got nice dinner and clean house when he come home..then if really pregnant again or adopt baby, dun have to go thru hassle of getting mc, leave, etc. nbut my lady boss was very good when i quit all of a sudden, cause she oso victim of ivf..unfortunately she got pregnant on her 1st attempt but miscarried..after tat, she tried 4 more times but didnt succeed..she oso went on 2 weeks leave to do ivf herself..i guess its good if u have a boss who went thru it herself then can understand ur position, whilst male bosses are more uncaring.

do take care of urself and rest aplenty..really glad tat u pulled thru..16 id a good no, hope u have many many grade 1 eggs.

im not seeing any gynes at the moment..was suppose to see dr loh at kkh on 1st june, but i cancel lah..now jus wan to fully recover and take a break. i may ask dr foong to do my transfer anyway, since my hubby say he wont wan another fresh cycle of ivf..we'll jus adopt straight away if the frozen transplant fails..im glad in a way cause im not scared of not gettin pregnant but more of fear of another m/c and staying pregnant. i have also noticed tat i can tell when im ovulationg or not thru my discharge and my suspicions were correct when i told my hubby tat i will get my period within the week. my hubby now more active liao, he started to take his vitamins so he not so tired again..haha, ok lah..im happy tat he put in more effort jus for me.

now im starting to spot so my first cycle of menses is coming..its really good cause its onli been 2 weeks since the d&c and my gyne said as long i have 3 menses cycles, i can try to get pregnant again. i find tat ever since my 1st pregnancy, my menses are extremely regular and frequent, compared to last time which came every 3 mths or more.

wanbb, did dr foong say why u had thin lining..i asked him why but he never explain and jus say take my medicaion and hope the lining maintains..i read tat too high a lh can cause a lining to thin out..so my hubby says dunno if my ohss played a part.. i never had such problems with my lining before so tis is the first..i find it weird coz he kept saying how good my lining looked and how well it was building up before the extraction..i think i will ask him properly one more time when i make an appt with him after my 2nd menses to prepare for the transfer..but if no proper explaination then i may seek 2nd opinion. i read from sm other girls who had thin lining tat their gynes gave them a special medication to increase lining before transfer..its not the one tat was prescribed to us, the prognyova so i may check with him again.

hi chloe,

ur hubby can do it in the toilet where ur ward is leh..the toilet is very big and clean..i think its better he go with u for moral support and for the checking in/adminstrative and payment matters oso..

at least he can also see you down to the operating theatre..my hubby produced his sample in the toilet in the ward and he says tat it was clean and pte.

hi puipui

well, i dun wanna force him. i rather i stress than he stress, else no spermies how?? Let him do wat he thinks is right lor. As for admin and payment, we will do it when we check into the hospital, after that, he will go home to produce. Kind of rush, but i think got no choice.

sigh... it is not easy to go thru infertility, esp here. i am not surprised that employers will try means and ways to oust pple like us out from the org. They cannot use IVF as a reason (cos all wanna claim pro-family mah), but they just make life difficult until we cannot "tong" lor.

My this supervisor is a jerk. In fact, i dun report directly to him. He is my boss's boss (similar case as Curl). My immediate boss is a lady and i also cannot get along with her. As she is new, i try to help her along the way. But i think she is not receptive and appears to be a "Yes" person in front of the big bosses. When she knew that i going for IVF and will be on 2 weeks leave, guess wat she said? "Envy u, u can go on long leave." i stared at her hard and told her off that i dun think she would ever wanna be in my shoes cos IVF is not fun. 2 bosses like that. i dun think i need to say much about the culture in my company.

Well, no one is indispensable in any org. All i can do is to take care of myself, dun pin too much hope on the company to do that. Really very disheartened after wat has happened.

hi chloe,

dun tink so much abt it..there will always be tis group of pple, dun let them irritate u esp at tis crucial part of ivf..as long as u have a clear concience, no matter wat they say or do can hurt u..

so u just well and look forward to ur program..infertility is tough but as long u do ur best and tell urself tat tis is wat u want and u done ur best, tis all tat matters..yeah lor, if ur hubby feel tat at home is better then dun force lor..as u say sperm sperm more impt, or else cannot fertilise..haha.. okie, dun tink so much hor..rest well now and take care!

hi chloe

agree with puipui - dont think too much about other things. pamper yourself now, feel good, and get ready for transfer on Mon. all the best! keep us posted ok?

Hi chloe,
Yes I did went 4 a blood test.U know wat Dr.foong say:I feel so surprise tat yr prev.gynae nver do any bloodtest 4 u.Wat he say is true I feel really wastd 1yr plus in tat prev. gynae,luckily is still not 2 late to hear another opinion.Dr.also say tat my lining is vy thin,he say is becos I take clomid continue 4 more than 6 mths,this is t part of t reason tat cause lining thin.
Just wonderg got infertility ppl will face PCO,lining thin etc problems is it?

I totally agree got infertility ppl,we walk t distance of journey is a damn tough path 4 us to walk,unlike normal ppl they won't understd wat we went thrg.We nd to take medicine,nd to do injectn & having alot of side effects & end out our body become more weaker.

Halo Ladies,
Can I chk do puregon injectn on our own is it more painful?Can any1 share w me wat is t experience of doing t inject yrslf.Seem like so horrid.Wat if myslf cannot do t inject on my own then how?

hi jac_horse, it is really not too difficult to do it yourself. i did it a couple of times when my hubby was travelling. what you do is to inject yourself at the area below the belly button. i find it helpful to squeeze and hold on to some excess fat [which i have plenty ;-( ] and then poke the needle in, then just press the top button of the puregon pen slowly. the first time is a bit scary but it gets better after a while. but make sure you alternate the sites for the needle insertion else can get blue-black. occasionaly i had a little bit of blood but by and large, the jab was quite painless. hope it helps.

hi jachorse,

yeah, im surprised tat ur previous gyne didnt do blood tests for u previously as well. but its ok, at least now u know and have more knowledge abt ur condition.

i was on clomid for some time too last time, my dosage was quite high cause i couldnt ovulate properly on clomid..so we tried till reached max dosage..but gyne didnt say anything abt lining leh..so dunno if i oredi had thin lining last time.

sorry but was it u or wanbb tat have thin lining? hehe, i got mixed up, mm, im not sure but if u do some research, there are a few reasons behind it..one way they say is to take drugs to help improve it, example studies proven tat viagra can help improve but not sure if true as its from american studies, but nothing we eat or do can help.

i think its impt u find out more from dr foong and see wat course of action u can take..i am oso going to see him abt it when i do my transfer but ard aug onli..currently im seein my aunt gyne for check ups etc..to make sure my womb and lining is ready for pregnancy before seeing dr foong..i feel tat he doesnt do ivf, etc so he has more concern abt my prenatal health instead..so once he give the go ahead, i will arrange with dr foong to prepare my body for the transfer.

wat strawberry said is right, the puregon jabs are not tat painful as long u squeeze ur fat.. u may have some phobia in the beginning like me oso but once u get the hang of it, i rather do it myself than let my hubby cause u can control it better.

PuiPui, Me also thin lining. I going to the library today to check up the PCOS and thin lining problem. I always have very heavy menses leh so never thought will have thin lining. I think clomid is the reason for me. You took 200mg not very heaty meh? I take only 150mg like in oven everyday! I guess clomid also cannot make me ovulate well cos Dr wanna give me more medicine next cycle. I only have one 10mm egg on right side I think not good enough. Think I will also ask Dr abt my thin lining. See whether we have same ans.

jac_horse, infertility really very ex lor. I also spend abt $500 on 2 visits without any injection. Imagine next cycle need injection then confirm alot of money. But why you need the injection huh? Izzit cos you taken clomid for a long time cannot continue take already. And why your gynea give you clomid for more than 6 months? Too much clomid will contribute to Cancer in future. Your gynea nv give you try other medicine?

hi wanbb,

yeah lor, i oso had pcos but thin linin g was new to me..my menses oso always very heavy..clomid didnt give me any side effects at all leh, maybe tat why despite high dosage, i didnt even ovulate, not even 1 follicle grew..but i dun understand why i seem to ovulate too well under ivf..but i honestly dun think pcos causes a thin lining or else how did i get triplets previously and tis was despite an abortion a few years ago. its onli under dr foong tat i manage to get a singleton and a case of thin lining.

ok, lets update each other when we see the gyne..i will be seeing dr kee in abt 2 weeks for another check up and ask him to see my lining..but i heard tat lining tends to shed and thin out when going to mensurate..take care now
happy.gif

oh yes, wanbb and jachorse,

i read from some gals tat their gynes gave them estradiol to increase their lining. maybe u can try asking to see if it helps..i wun be seeing dr foong till my 2nd menses so it may be another mth. my 1st cycle is here now. so hope tat dr foong has some medication to help us with our lining!

hi gals,

does anyone have any info on dr noel leong at TMC?
i saw his website tat he is authorised to do assisted reproduction at O&G partners at gleneagles which is our clinc..and also at mount elizabeth fertility centre..it seems tat he was also the director of kkivf for some years before starting his own pratice..tot of seeking a second opinion under him..anyone have any idea abt him?

his website is http://www.noelleong.com/

Hi

I am new to this site. I had an Ectopic pregnancy last dec, so far TTC no good news. WOndering if Dc Foong is really good, experience & helpful? Was thinking of seeing him. Any advice?

I am trying to remain hopeful & optimistic but all this preggie situation is making me really upset & worried.

Cheers

Hi Strawberry,
I cannot stop laughing when u said u got plenty of fat.How can u describe yrslf so badly.Anyway I got 1 vy useful tips to share w u all,try not 2 eat rice if really cannot take 1/2 bowl of rice & it really work.I workg in a beauty line.

Hi Puipui,strawberry & WanBB,
thank 4 all advise on t puregon injectn.think abt it still feel shivering,hopefully will inject better fm D8 onsward.
In fact when I took clomid my body can ovulate every well t cycle around 28-30 days but once I nver take clomid my cycle bk to 35-40 days.
sad.gif

I took clomid for more than 6 mths & my prev. gynae also nver mention to me tat clomid take 2 long can get cancer.Anyway I ask Dr.Foong abt it,he say take 2 long will not cause any cancer but t clomid I take will not be so effectn for me anymore,so he give me serophene.Has any1 ever eat this bill be4.

hi gals

To add on to wat jac_horse mentioned about eating rice. For pple suffering from PCOS, do cut down on carbohydrates like rice. Research has shown that PCOS patients tend to be insulin resistent as well (that's why dr prescribes metformin, a diabetic drug, to some of us). As carbohydrate intake tends to cause the body to produce more insulin, good to reduce if u can, especially in the evening as u will not be expecting too much activities at night to burn away those sugar.

i have checked with Dr before whether clomid can cause ovarian cancer. Well, he mentioned that there is no research that shows this is true. Anyway, once u get pregnant, u ovaries will get to rest, and this cancels out the effect of clomid that u have taken so far. i read somewhere that if u take more than 6 cycles of clomid, continuing will have wat is known as diminishing returns. ie. the outcome of clomid tends to decrease, and u need higher dosage to get the same results.

Jac_horse, dr prescribe puregon cos it is able to give us FSH directly. Clomid induces the brain to release FSH but it is known to cause side effects such as thining of the womb lining. Puregon does not cause the womb lining to thin out. i take metformin, puregon as well as clomid for my IUIs. Previously, when i use clomid alone, i need to take 3 tabs just to ovulate 1 follicle. But with the combination of metformin and puregon, i just need 1 tab of clomid.

hi gals,

really glad tat clomid doesnt cause cancer..it sounded so scary.

jachorse, i took serophene before, its another brand of clomid. too bad i didnt ovulate under tat as well. but if u had good results before, u shouldnt have any problems.

chloe, huh, cannot eat rice ah..aiyo, im a fan tong leh..i cannot live without rice and im a carbs lover..but if it really affects pcos then i may need to sacrafice lor.

do u all think tat if i see dr foong again will be very pai seh? i scared he not happy tat i got my d&c done by another doc leh..tot of seeing another doc cause of tis reason but im so tired of switching docs again since tis is my last transfer..i jus worry tat it will be very awkward.

Hi Angelsky

I am curl & I posted at the ectopic pregnancy thread before. I remember seeing your posting.

I had my ectopic operation on 23 Feb & thereafter I change my gynae to Dr Foong. I am early stages of pregnancy but not sure if its ectopic yet as we do have higher chance until friday where he does the scan for me. But HCG is ok so far, at least not as low as the last round.

You can read through this thread where i share my experience.

I am keeping my fingers cross that things would be fine for me this round. Dr Foong is a good doctor. At least I find him q ethical & patient & caring. But as for his skills, like all doctors, there are plus & minus for all. But pple in the thread generally find him a nice doctor..

Ladies

Dr Foong dont seem to 'believe' that clomid may cause cancer if too prolonged use... but actually readings suggests so.

So, if taking for more than 6 mths, maybe shld take a break before continue. Otherwie, purgeon is a good alternative i heard, it doesnt thin out lining as much, but v costly.

Back