Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

thanks angeline, really feel encouraging to see u all graduated and still come back here to give us support! i remember u, we chat last year and i was like u want to go IVF straight without trying other method. u must be a happy IVF mummy now, enjoy ur motherhood! all e best!
happy.gif

sparkiegirl, sure i will keep u posted! have faith! we jiayou together!
happy.gif

sparkiegirl,
for me, ivf was not painful physically. but emotionally, it was very painful when i failed the fresh cycle. i conceived her from frozen embryo.

claris,
yes, now i'm a happy ivf mummy.
happy.gif
i still have 8 frozen embryo and plan to try for 2nd one end of the yr.

angeline, by e time ur girl will be 1.5yo le.
happy.gif
this time u can try put more embryo, for twins! last time u nearly strike twins ya if i remember correctly!

how much did u paid for a fresh cycle? at private hospital we cant use government grant of $3k? only can use medisave for 1st time $6k?

claris,
oh, u still remember i nearly strike twins. i was hoping for twins that time. but this time i don't know whether i'll be able to cope if i stirke twins. because i still have to take care of my 1st one.
i paid around $16K for the fresh cycle, ivf + fresh embryo transfer. no goverment grant. i used $6K from medisave. if i'm not wrong, can use 3 times from medisave $6K, $5K, $4K for ivf treatment.
i used cash for frozen embryo transfer. it was around $3K plus.

angeline, yup
happy.gif
u currenly not working? if twins hard to cope as u still need take care of ur elder princess. as she will be approaching terrible 2..

i read from somewhere e range at CARE Novena (previously at Paragon) is around 9-14k. why Dr F clinic is more expensive? or it will be depends on e injections dosage on e individual so e price varies?

harlow ladies,

suddenly this thread became active again..hehe... i'm also seeing dr f, for the past 2 yrs...now expecting twins and due in may... baby dust to everyone!

claris,
the price varies according to injections dosage u need. but i don't know about other clinics. i think shouldn't be so much different.
actually, hospital stay is quite ex, it included in the $16K that i mentioned. u need to stay in the hospital for half day for both ivf and embryo transfer.
may be the clinic u r saying is not included hospital stay yet? u can call them and check it out.
yah, now my hands are full with my baby girl. when she is approaching 2, i'm sure i'll be super busy.

lena,
yay.... 3 more months to go.

hi claris,
thanks! anyway, i think the price depends largely on the doc fees, and the dosage of the injections required. I did the lowest amt, and only paid about $14k (which also includes hosp stay). Personally, I feel it was all worth it, coz Dr F is a much better gynae than my previous one, and I'm assured that I'm in safe hands whenever I see him.

Angeline,
yes, 3 more mths to go..super excited and can't wait for them to come..haha..

angeline and lena, thanks for e info! may i check is dr f act as an embryologist in ivf? or other dr? heard embryologist is an important role in ivf process. or rather what does dr f performed during ivf? please enlighthen me..

Hi Angeline thanks for the info on ivf. Did u have to quit your job to do it? I'm really half hearted about leaving my job. How's life as a mommy? Has it been very challenging?

Claris, have u scheduled your appt w Dr Foong? I'm waiting for AF to report any day now before starting on my clomid. I think I might want to go straight to ivf if this round of iui fails.

claris,
i don't know about dr f act as an embryologist or not. may be u can check with him during consultation?

sparkiegirl,
it's better if u r not working when u do ivf. life as a mommy is like a dream come true to me.
happy.gif

Hi happyhippo, I delivered on 21 Jan thus my bb is a rabbit . He can't wait to take ang pow! I developed high blood at 33 wks of gestation n my legs swollen juz dun away. I had emergency c section due to that. It was two wks earlier then my sheduled c section n one mth away frm my calculated edd. But thks god that everything is well....

Hi Angeline, ur gal cming four mths already? I m like u, it is like a dream to me too tat I had already given birth to my boy n at times when I look at him it seems so un believable!

Hi other ladies, u gals r in gd hands. Dr Foong is a gd n professional dr, u all will succeed under him. Dun want too long to go for treatment coz age really play a big part in fertility. Gdluck

sparkiegirl, i will be going for HSG test this saturday to check on fallopian tube. and must wait for e result then schedule for IUI. most probably will be march because Dr F wants to wait for a best cycle for me. e nurse ask me to take panadol half an hour before e x-ray. it must be painful, im so worried..

sparkiegirl, just an update from my side, received call from Dr F saying that my fallopian tube is okay and collected vit E n dont know what medicine to boost hubby sperm lol. hubby sperm count is 25mil total progressive motility is 55% morphology is 1% only.

i will be going through injection based IUI next cycle, start self injections on D2 and scanning on D12 and IUI i supposed will be based on e growth of e follicles.

any updates from ur side?
happy.gif

Hi
This is my first time posting and hopefully this thread is still active. It is really encouraging to read about all the good news on this thread
happy.gif

I have been TTC for over a year and did my first IUI with Dr Foong last month. Unfortunately, it didn't work so I decided to take a break this month and did my HSG instead. Results came out fine and I'm looking forward to my 2nd IUI next month (March). Hopefully, it will work out.

Does anyone know how many IUIs one should try before considering IVF? Thanks!

Little ponyo.. Welcome to this thread!
happy.gif

I failed 6 cycles of clomid natural BD. Clear my HSG too going to embark SO IUI next month. Start injections D2 to stimulate ovulation and scanning on D12 and schedule for IUI based on e follicles growth. Wish u all e best for ur next IUI! Have faith!
happy.gif

I suggest u talk to Dr F and decide how many IUI to try before IVF. It really depends on individual condition and age. Some sisters here do succeed after many rounds of IUI some sisters doesn't want to waste time went straight to IVF as e success rate are higher.

Do come back often to update us!
happy.gif

Thanks, Claris!
Thanks for the encouragement. All the best in your next IUI too.

Ya, I will talk to Dr F about it. He said that there is a 4 in 1 chance with IUI, so when you think of the odds, maybe trying 4 times makes sense
happy.gif

hi can anyone share wit me hw much is the total rate for delivering in gleneagle hospital plus the doc fee for 2 bedded normal n epidural?

Hi Claris, time flies and it's March already. I'm going to see Dr this weekend. I think my IUI will be early next week. You're doing yours too, right?
happy.gif

Hi Angeline! Congratulations on your baby! It's so encouraging to read about your journey. Thanks for sharing. It gives me hope and positivity!

Hi Joanna, sorry I only know Dr Foong's consultation fees which I suppose is pretty standard. Don't know other doctors' rates to compare.

Hi Queenie
I normally get to see Dr Foong within 15 minutes of arriving at the clinic. Actually, I have been there so many times that the receptionist knows me by name before I even tell her. I find that nice yet rather sad at the same time.

lil ponyo, how is ur status now? urs is natural iui or iui with clomid or iui with injections?

i will be starting my injections tmr. so nervous yet very excited. u did it before?

Hi Claris, I did my IUI today and took the day off. I guess it is considered as a natural IUI. I got a HSG jab on Monday. And now the 2 weeks wait begin. This is my 2nd IUI.

Don't be nervous (though it's very natural). Focus more on being excited and positive
happy.gif

All the best! When is your procedure?

lil ponyo,

just back from Dr F clinic, starting my puregon jab today, alternate day for total 5 days and scanning on CD12. hope i respond well to puregon..
happy.gif
IUI on CD14 i guess based on the size of e follicles.

Hi Claris, is this your first IUI? Don't worry, stay positive and you'll be fine! You are in good hands!
During my first IUI, I was pretty anxious which probably didn't help. But this time I'm more relaxed and chilled so hopefully this 2 weeks wait will pass easier.
Let's keep each other positive!! All the best!

Do you have to do the injections yourself?

HI Genesis
I've only done 2 IUI with Dr Foong and going on my 3rd this May. If that fails too, we'll considering IVF with Dr Foong. Overall, we find him very nice and knowledgeable. If you know anything, please share with me!
happy.gif

lil ponyo,

im aborted this cycle due to my follicles shrunk after increased 3 50IU jabs every day. dr foong gaven me 2 options, one is to go for laparoscopy surgery to increase my chance of pregnancy with SO IUI or go for IVF. i still waiting AF to report in e meanwhile thinking what should do the next.. ladies here can give me some suggestions? thanks!
happy.gif

Hi Claris
Sorry to hear that. For me, my 2nd IUI failed. So I took April off and will do SO-IUI in May.

I am not familiar with laparoscopy. But I guess, if the cost is not a deciding factor for you, I would go for the procedure that has the higher chance of success.

In the meanwhile, take care of your body. Once your AF is here, it will be a new cycle and new hope!

Hi ladies

Dr Foong suggested me to take injection to stimulate the egg for next cycle. May I know whether the injection is painful as my threhold level for pain is pretty low.

Would like to check whether we could use medisave for IVF as the cost is so expensive. Still thinking whether to do IVF in public or pte hospital.

dear ladies,
i was a patient of dr foong. conceived my baby girl through frozen embryo. she is now 7 mths old.
i would like to let go of Exsativa (exp 03/2013) and Natural vitamin E (ENAT 400) (exp 02/2013). both r totally unopened and i dont want to waste it. if any of your hubby taking this supplement, can take from me at sembawang mrt station. u can decide the price. if interested, pls pm me.
a lot of baby dust to u all...
happy.gif

Hi everyone, I need help.. Do foong attendto young ladies? My cousin is 23 this year and marriage for a year plus.. Still hasn't been able to conceive.. Will dr foong attend to her as she is still young. Her main concern is she doesn't want to get rejected our to her age. So can still try..

hi Shirley,
i don't think dr foong will reject her because of her age. even she is still young, dr foong may ask her to go for some fertility tests..

Hey angeline, grabbing your baby dust here..
happy.gif
and also Ckngrats on your preggy journey.. I hope to be able to join you soon.. I will be seeing Dr foong, but I thought of bringingy cousin along too.. (same issue here but just that she is more younger) so I am worried that Dr foong won't attend to her and in the end, she Gt to pay for the consultation fees. I think what she wants is clomid.. But she worry that gyne won't prescribe her.. Think she is afraid of the same comment again and again that she is young, try naturally first.. Haix.. Seems like so difficult to conceive.. For myself, I had a mc early this year, so now ttc again, but seems difficult.. Den went to see gyne, but gyne say since I Gt conceive before, so i can still conceive naturally so just gave me some supplement and try for 3 months..
sad.gif
but still no news.. Getting worried here..
sad.gif

hi Shirley,
the more you get stress, the more difficult to conceive. so don't worry too much. i know it's easy to say.
sad.gif

sorry to hear about your mc.
dr foong is a very caring dr. you will be in the good hands.
a lot of bb dust to you and your cousin.
happy.gif

Hi,

Can anyone share with me his charges? Like how much is his first consultation charge n subsequent charges?
Thanks in advance!

hi,

between LC Foong and Ng SC, who is more experienced or comfortable taking on women who are 40+ and have infertility issues for IVF? Anyone who is 40+ and a patient of either dr, I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

hi AmazingGrace,
if i'm not wrong, his first conslutation charge is about $60 and subsequent is about $30.(my first consultation with him was about 2yrs +, so can't remember exactly). you can call clinic and check with them. clinic contact 64797267.

Marble,
i'm a dr foong's pt. but dr Ng did one iui for me before when dr foong was away. both drs are very caring and experienced.

Back