Dr Charles Lim Mt E

hi believeinjesus, i have not went back to dr lim yet. going to see him next cycle. trying on my own this round.

yea i saw all the albums he had..is so amazing. i went to dr charles so we know what is wrong with us as we have been trying for abt 2 years. so now with medication, hope can ease the problem and promote to motherhood soon
happy.gif

Hi Annie Dr Charles was recommended by a friend who tio first try after 7 years of marriage. So it was very encouraging.
Hi may25 I have been trying for 2.5 yrs. May i know how old u are? I am 33 this year and feel time is running out. Sigh.. I did 6 mths of treatment with another famous fertility doctor but he recommended natural with clomid and metformin again and again and again. After 4 cycles (one which failed cos I developed a cyat . He still wants to try the same method! Only after prompting he agreed to go for injectables. And the recommendation came in time so I switched to Dr Charles.

hi believeinjesus, iam 32 this year..yea bio clock is ticking. Parents are nagging/hinting.

i think i will try 1 more round of Plan A next month.

Hi gals, have any of you heard of Dr Fong from Gleneagles? Any reviews on him? I last visited him in Jul and was on medication to regulate my menses. AF is okay now but no baby dust yet (being TTC for 2 years le)... DH and I decided to go for IUI so now considering if to go back to Dr Fong or seek another doc's review... Seems like this thread has positive comments of Dr Charles but the only thing is to restart the review with new doc...

hi bubblyreddy, i saw the long thread on Dr Fong. I was hestiating between him & dr charles.

i think the review is more/less the same..just show all your previous reports. do u have PCOS? coz i have it thus is hindering pregnancy. and also given med to regulate.

Hi may25, yes, Dr Fong commented I have PCOS and I'm given metaform... but hor, i didnt really complete the medication. My AF was regulated with the TCM but still have some days of deviation. During the previous visit with Dr Fong, I commented to the nurse that I wanna do IUI as I dun wan to wait any further but the nurse ask me to focus in regulating it first.. Since now much regular, I wanna go with IUI... at least a step nearer since natural dun work.. I'm getting impatient
sad.gif

hi bubbly, did dr fong tell u when u can do IUI. i think dr charles dont have any "time limit" coz even before i started on Plan A, he ask me if fail, what do i want to consider.

maybe u talk can ask dr fong when is good for u to do IUI. and since ur menses is regular now.

most importantly dont stress...

HI bubblyreddy, to change doc means you have to take a break for a while to complete the tests and allow the new doctor to review them. plus the tests are quite ex. But I am still keen to switch to dr Charles because he adds injections and close monitoring to ensure ovulation thus is much more proactive than my current doc.

May25, jia you jia you jia you! take a break to enjoy xmas first. That is what I am doing. Just had my period too. Maybe we can be cycle buddies in Jan.
happy.gif

believeinjesus, ya - I think i need a proactive doc so at least we are moving nearer towards the goal and i also wanna hear a second opinion on what can we do... im like stuck here waiting for miracle to happen
sad.gif

May25, im on cd6... lets jiayou!

My hubby friends coming over to our place for Xmas and there will be liked over 10 kids... We are the only couple without kids.. Sigh.. Oh god please give me strength and love to be a good host!

bubbly, if u want to see doc charles, try to see him on CD8 where he can scan ur eggs.

oh u 2 ladies can be cycle buddy next mth.

Oh, I'm meeting Dr Charles tmr, so will be my cd7... is it ok for the scan or will need to be cd8?

believeinjesus, jiayou! You will be even more positive when you see the adorable kids around you. They will give us the strength (though at times I'll get pek chey.. haha)

I don't mind the children. Its the pesky parents who bug me! hee.. Dunno how to answer them whenever they ask when is your turn. I have decided to be frank with anyone who asks next time. To just tell them I don't know when but now seeing doctors.

I like Dr Charles! He's direct to the point! I think he knows ppl go to him don't wanna go round again... Just lay out the plans and straight to the point...

He wants us to go thru plan A first before going for plan B (iui) but can only start the medicine and injection in next cycle... Delay my bb plan by another month
sad.gif
I'm so desperate to having baby now...

By the way, do you gals see tcm while seeing him too? He dun advised us to mix..

hi Bubbly! first ting u step into his office is :"u want baby right" hahaha. i think some girls who were patients of Dr Lim do go TCM as well. but in case of medication wise, i think cant mix.

wat i read previously is TCM recommend to drink longan red date tea / chicken essences.

i am not seeing any TCM becoz i dont want to stress myself any further.

ya, both hb and myself stop the TCM medicine. But I'll continue the longan red date and bazhen since its like drink/ soup. Is the chicken essences home-cooked? I saw the recipe from internet.. seems many efforts needed to cook it. haha, lazy me.

I think I'll stop seeing the TCM first since Dr dun encourage to mix... hopefully i get my wish by being a good gal.. haha

Hi all! Just to share my experience with u all & hope u guys dun give up in ttc.
happy.gif
I got to know Dr Charles thru this forum and decided to seek his help in Feb 12 after a gynae told me & hubby that the only chance to get preg is thru ivf due to poor sperm quality. We were devasted as I am only 26 and ivf was nvr our option.
On our 1st appt with Dr Charles, he looked at our report and said the results were gd enough for us to get preg and put me on plan A. We did not succeed and we tried for plan B the next mth. We tried for a total of 4 plan B and in Sep 12 we found out we were preg! We were over the moon & grateful to Dr Charles for believing in us! He gave us hope & keep encouraging us whenever our plan failed.
When I am preg, he will see me every wk to monitor my preg progress to make sure everything is gg smoothly for me cuz he knows it's not a easy road for us. Now I am 4 mths preg and is seeing another gynae cuz he does not do delivery. We miss gg to his clinic and if I have prob ttc for 2nd child, I will seek his help again cuz he is a doc who really wants to help us.
Hope all ttc mummies dun give up and I am sure u will succeed too!
happy.gif

Hi bubbly, i used to take TCM but stopped in time to try western treatment. I think better not to mix. Think the bottled chicken essence is too heavy for me. The TCM uncle recommended diy chicken essence. Just put double boil /slow cook whole chicken in small amt of water. It's liked chicken soup but concentrated kind. My colleague went thru a miscarriage and conceived shortly after and was recommended this to help her constitution. So it is safe to drink before during pregnancy.
Hi beanie thank you so much for your encouragement! I dread doing iui so many times but am encouraged now to persevere and try and try again! Must jia you!

Hi believeinjesus! Yes I dreaded the injections & cried whenever my mensus came cuz it means we have to start all over again! I had wanted to give up but hubby encouraged me to keep trying. As long as we keep trying, I'm sure u will get ur bfp soon! Jia you!
happy.gif
Oh ya one thing tt we did for the mth we conceived, before ovaluation, I used a heat pack to warm my tummy supposedly to warm my womb. Cuz heard tt by keeping womb warm, will increase the chances of conception.
happy.gif

hello ladies, one more thing to add, I am not sure if this has helped me but both times that I was pregnant, I tried the visualization method. Basically is after BD during the ovulation period, I will try to visualise that the sperm will travel along the tube and meet the egg. Then it will successfully burrow itself into the egg. I read it somewhere that visualization is a powerful tool. So I tried it almost every night and it worked for me. I guess no harm trying it. =)

hi gals, i had my first visit to dr lim this month and started plan A 1st round. from my first visit, i find him a straightforward and efficient doctor.
today is my cd3 and i will be seeing him on cd8. honestly i m feeling really scared and not sure wat to expect..

Hi Jaz,I have been on 2 rounds of Plan A. Basically you would need to take clomid+metformin+injectibles+natural intercourse. Dr Lim will ask you to go back to him every week or sometimes every few days to monitor the development of your eggs. He will let you know when is the best time to BD according to the size of your eggs...Don't be scare, Dr Lim is a very experienced fertility dr... we followed his instructions completely and it was a success. Good Luck!

hi ladies! just to share...

i saw Dr Charles on Oct 2011 and gotten BFP after 2nd round of Plan A. thanks to Dr Charles, im now a mummy to a 4+ months old baby.
happy.gif

Hi loves, congrats! Great to hear your good news. I'm with Dr Charles too... just started with him. Taken blood test last visit and now waiting for my AF to start the plan A.

I'm with slight PCO and I don't seem to have ovulation this month
sad.gif

hi ladies, if i called Dr charles Lim clinic, how do i tell the assistant tat we are seeking his help to conceive? wad day is more advisable to book a date? first day of menses?

Wad are his first time consultation charges?

hi kitkat,

everybody goes to Dr Charles lim is to get help for conceive :p

u can visit him on Day 8 for scan. i have copied the charges from above:

For the first appt, we spent $200 for consultation, $100 for vaginal scan, $680 for tests (blood & semen) for both of us. Subsequent consultation is $75.

kitkat - that is not mine..is (believeinjesus)'s. i cut and paste only. hehe.

i think mine around that price also..my first visit close to 1K.

blood test to see if you have any problem. is optional. as me and my DH has never went to a gynae before thus we went through all the tests.

My 1st visit was $700+ including blood tests, supplements and scan. Do bring along any test reports which you have done with other Dr b4 so you won't need to redo the tests.

Hi hi.. My previous gynae did not do any tests so Dr Charles ordered the full package. ;p the tests are to ensure the couple doesn't have anyother cconditions that may affect the pregnancy. For example one of the test is for chicken pox.
Still waiting for my af to start. Should be any time soon!

I'm a graduate of Dr Charles' clinic too. Since him since July 2011, tried 4 rounds of plan A and 4 rounds of plan B but still failed. Only managed to conceive via IVF in March 2012. That was the time when he said he tried on a new but higher success rate drug on me, hence, in the end I conceived with twins and delivered them safely last Oct.

I like him too and crack jokes at the least expected moment. My only grouse is he should renovate his clinic since he earns so much...hee...oh the waiting time is terrible too but luckily he doesn't do delivery else the wait is even worse. Kind of miss him but dunno if I wanna go back to him again not because he's no good but dunno if i want a third child.

Good luck to all sistas here!!

Hi all,, today is my first visit with Dr Charles Lim and I am really impressed! Firstly his no frills waiting room shows he is not one for prestige. After my consultation, I find him patient and so willing to listen to my lengthly history. Encouraging, yet a realist, supporting his explanation with figures and stats, and providing encouragement thru the kids he had helped conceive.

I was so afraid that he would straight away advise IVF as I was on Ferrara + progestin plus metformin for up to 8 cycles last yr with another gynae. But he encouraged me to try plan A first. Really thank God I was able to come by his name from the Internet :,)

Hi all,

I also got to know Dr Lim through this forum and went to him in Sept 2012. I did 2 rounds of Plan A with him and was successful on 1st round of Plan B (3rd round with Dr Lim). I am currently still seeing him. Anyone know when will he stop seeing his pregnant patients, i.e. transfer them to
other gynaes?

Dr Lim knows I’m got to know him via the forum and he requested me to write something for him… haha… He mentioned that the more times you try, the higher the probability of getting pregnant. He said that he may not be
the best fertility gynae and his patients successfully got pregnant under him because they tried long enough. So, all ttc mummies, please do not give up!

Hi Milis, yesterday Dr Lim told me he will see the pregnant patients until 13 weeks, after which he will refer or go back to your old gynae.

Are you hoping for multiples? Hahhaa. I see his patients 50-60% are multiple conception. Haha!

Hi in2grace,

Thanks for the info..
I had weekly scans since week 5. I'm now in week 10 and so far we only see 1 baby. Haha... But I look like I'm 4-5 months pregnant... Maybe cos I have lots of tummy fats.

Hi ladies, I went to see Dr Charles after all the good reviews about him from this forum.
However, I am pretty disappointed after visiting him. I don't find him as patient as what I read from this forum. Or maybe he is only impatient for my case?

These few years, I have visited 2 gynaes before him and he is the only gynae who leaves the scanning probe in my vaginal without holding it when doing the v-scan for me! Can you imagine the probe tangling in my vaginal while he show me the screen of the scan & explain the scan to me? The probe is like going to fall out anytime which made me so uncomfortable. What made me even more uncomfortable is when he suddenly removed the disposable towel on my lower part while doing the v-scan. None of my other gynae did that to me as to me. I feel that it is the kind of "privacy" we ladies should be given since he is a male gynae. Does he do that to the rest of the ladies here? Or again, only for my case?
sad.gif

I feel that he is more interested to "show off" the photos of the babies (both successful cases of IUI & IVF under him), than to spend more time talking to me about my case. I mean, when we decided to go him, of course we know he is expert in this area and have helped many cases. None of my previous 2 gynaes did that. They just focus on my case and spend the consultation time getting to know our problem and explain things to us.

Last but not least, just like what biggly has mentioned, he should renovate his clinic since he earns so much. Most important, he should upgrade his clinic instead of still using the manual writing of the scan report, medicine instruction & receipt. I can't really figure out what his nurse has written on the receipt and the medicine name.
And I find it really weird when the nurse ask us to buy the sitting mat from his clinic. I was so shocked as I never encounter other gynae clinic selling all these kind of stuffs in the clinic. I told her I will consider first and she told me if want to buy, come back to the clinic and buy. Don't buy from other place *faint*

Overall I spent more than S$1000 on my 1st consultation which is really expensive. My husband is very uncomfortable with him and request me to change a gynae. I feel uncomfortable with him too but after paying so much for 1st consultation, I really feel the pinch to see another gynae. Actually my 1st choice is Dr LC Foong but as I couldn't get an early appointment, I decided to go for my 2nd choice which is Dr Charles Lim since he got so many good reviews.

Now I am really in dilemma as to remain with Dr Lim or got to Dr Foong instead
sad.gif

I just hope to concieve & have a baby, why is it so difficult? *crying*

Mel, I have conceive in first cycle under plan A. The mat is to cool the male lower part if the body to incresde the quality if the sperm. To me I dont really bother bout his clinic renovation but im more concern fir my conditions. He is a good gynae to me. The 1000 is includes the tests, scanning n consiltations fees. He saved my bb life in thecfirst trimester

Hi Mel,

I am sorry that you felt so uncomfortable with Dr Lim. As all the others in the forum, we all understand the pain and the frustration that comes with fertility - or not, that it is utterly unfair why most women can get pregnant on command and why we have to wait and wait, and spend and spend and get poked and probed just to get pregnant.
sad.gif

I also felt a little uncomfortable with his scanning procedures. However, it was not the most of my concerns. Dr Lim is the 5th gynae I have been to and I must say this is the first time a gynae every lay his cards on the table with his plans for patients (plan A, B, C), costs involved and even the stats and odds for fertility. Realistic and complete presentation. Other gynaes just tell me to try this, try that, without telling me what the plan is/was and I went in not knowing the costs, time and pain involved.

This is only my first visit, and I do say, I am quite comfortable so far with him. Does not hurt to know that all the other women in the waiting room are also in the same boat as me - I was otherwise stressed and felt like a failure in my other gyane's clinic where there were so many pregnant women around. Hahha.

Mel, I think the 1k includes blood test which cost abt 400+. Some gynaes didn't recommend to take the blood test yet so maybe amt is lower.

Hi Mel sorry to hear about your bad experience. I am going through my first cycle with Dr charles (doing plan A) and have been visiting his clinic very often. Its true that he is not too delicate in handling the scanning probe compared to my previous gynae. And I was abit intimidated during the first appt because he was speaking so fast. Hee.. I think he has a standard script for all the first timers.

But my hubby likes him very much. My previous (famous) gynae was very passive in his methods and did not give us much idea of what will happen or what he plans to do. The last straw was when he did not remember telling me that perhaps we should move on to injectibles after our 3rd failed cycle of clomid. And wanted to send us out of the room with another round of clomid!!

But with Dr charles he told us exactly what will happen and how many cycles of what plans we will be doing. We love this about him!

hmm.. the nurses did not sell us the cooling mats wor. My experience with the nurses has been pretty good. They were very patient and sweet in teaching me how to self jab. Today when I was settling the bill the nurse left me with some encouragement words. I guess becuase they are all mature ladies, i feel more comfortable with them than the young nurses in my previous clinic.

I agree with in2grace that I dont' feel stress going to Dr charles' clinic because everyone are there for the same reasons and are going through the same struggles. Hee...Definite big perk for me!

This is my first time injecting Gonal F- twice this week. Does any one have side effects from Gonal F? Such as nausea, diahorrea, cramping?

I do feel tired n bloated after the jab.
Btw i failed my first plan A sigh. Taking HSG test next week. Anyone taken that b4? How is the test like?

Not much side effects on gonal f for me though I was very tired on the day of injection.
Hsg test is the one to see if our tubes are clear? If so, I have done it before. It's liked vaginal scan except it is more.... Hm... Tight down there? Hee.. Sorry tmi.. The doctor has to pump in the dye to do the scan so it can get abit uncomfortable. But it is a relatively painless procedure.

Back