Dr Charles Lim Mt E

Thanks believeinjesus. R u on plan A as well? Good luck to you!!
happy.gif

Yup I am on plan A now.. just did my fifth and last day of ovulation kit but... just called Dr Charles cos none of my kits turned up positive..

I am also using clearblue fertility monitor (bought long ago but never use cos my previous gyane said his scan is more accurate.. but its very very ex so I thought I better have my money worth by using it! :p) and it showed positive yesterday. Told Dr charles all that and he just nonchalantly said to have sex yesterday (which I did!) and another time tomorrow.

Trying not to think too negatively. Yes Bublyreddy..starting TWW soon! how about you??

Jaz.. jia you! *hug* we are prepared to do as many cycles as our financial situation allows after the prep talk from Dr Charles that we must persevere. so don't give up and keep our spirits up!!

believeinjesus - i tot i am the only one with none of the kits turning positive.

the only time it was positive was when at Dr Charles clinic!

good luck to you this cycle!

happy weekend ladies
happy.gif

It's so nice to have everyone in this thread who knows what each of us are going thru.
happy.gif
all the best to you guys!
I used to have been given a trigger shot by my previous gynae and it was strange Dr Lim does not give trigger shots (does he?) but I know those LH trigger shots can mess with the LH tests- giving false positives! I just got positive on my LH test, take 2 tests at 1 go cos 1) bot in bulk 2) did not use for a long time worried that the tests may be spoilt :p

I think I'm in TWW too...

On the night when tested +ve at the clinic, didnt managed to BD... We did it on the next day, but the OPK strip shows very faded line, and we didn't continue the next day. So its only one strike, hopefully can catch it.

No worries Bubblyreddy.. the OPK indicates ovulations in the next 12-24 hrs.. so long u did the deed by the next day its fine.
happy.gif

I am abit pessimistic about my cycle because none of Dr charles' OPK turned up positive.. But I did my part.. its all up to god now!!

Hey Bubblyreddy.. Don't read too much into the symptoms however tempting! I went through a phase I observed every twitches and twinges I had during tww it made me so depressed that when my period came I burst into hours of crying. *hug* just enjoy life as it is.
happy.gif

jia you ladies. stay positive and be happy.

symptoms dosen't work for me. cycles which i felt very preg, all BFN.

just before i tested bfp, i had period like bleeding. i thought that cycle was a gone case + no symptoms at all, who knows the bleeding stopped and i got a positive HPT.

Visited Dr Lim today on CD8 n also did a HSG test. Phew luckily the results are ok. Dr Lim is very positive. He asked me when my OPK showed 2 lines last cycle which failed (which was on CD14) and he was certain that he predicted correctly in asking us to BD on CD14 and 16 last cycle. He said that there is 20% chance for each Plan A cycle. We are continuing Plan A again this cycle! I guess I spent too much effort trying to track all kinds of symptoms last cycle, making myself stressed up. I tell myself to ignore all symptoms this cycle, stay positive and have faith in Dr Lim!
Good luck to everyone here and may our BFPs come soon!
happy.gif

believeinjesus. Jiayou for ur next cycle. i am currently on A2. but the problem is i am not ovulating!! non of the strips is showing.

and this mth, Dr Lim only see me on Day 7. is all on my own..no hope i guess
sad.gif

btw Gong Xi Fa Cai & Happy Valentines Day!

In our case, the only thing we have is hope :p. I found out I was NOT pregnant over the CNY break (haha) so I actually went down last fri to get more pills, just in case I have to do cycle A2.

May25, me too!! none of my OPK turned positive. But then again, the strips are never 100% accurate.

Just wanna check with you gals, how to cope with seeing dr charles while holding a job? I am looking for a job soon (been taking a break from work) and wondering how I can continue to see Dr charles given that day 3 of our cycle can land ANY time of the week? Especially for Plan2 which I think will need more visits?

i usually go in the morning. i tell my boss i got doc appt will come in later..my office is in CBD area. so not too far.

or you can try to be the first few patient.

Grace - what is Saizen?

I feel Dr Lim these days not so attentive to the old patients. i go in scan and come out. less than 5 mins! din even bother to wait for me to ask questions.

You must tell him Wait Doc! I got questions!!!

Saizen is a human growth hormone. He just presented this to me last week. It greatly improves your egg quality.

grace: if i am seeing him again i will stop him. just hate the waiting time.

hmm maybe can ask him about saizen as well.

Super sianz. AF came today n I'm so disappointed. Sigh, with all the meds and jabs, dunno why fail again. Not sure how many more cycles I need to wait... Sorry for the rants gals, feeling really lousy...
I feel like moving onto plan B but hubby wants to stick to plan A still. I have been taking leave and mc quite a few times for this year already. Not sure if my boss will b unhappy.
May - I do agree that dr lim spends less time with me too. There was once I went near to lunchtime n waited more than 3 hours n he only attend to me for 5 mins. But honestly sometimes I also dunno wat to ask him... I just let him scan the eggs, hear his advice which is pretty short n sweet, n I nodded n then left his room.

Jaz: sorry to hear about your AF..i am not any better either..

this month i think i am not O-ing. i test OKP every single day! i read that due to PCOS maybe there is eggwhite CM and not O-ing

this is my A2..if fail..i will move to B and then IVF. if all fail. i will stop since i am not fated to be a parent.
sad.gif

ya i waited 2.5 hours on a sat!

Hi ppl.. Just back from a trip. How is everyone? I am not under any plan this month so enjoying the mth off.
Thanks for the reply on the balancing of going for appt and work. So if we go at 8am most likely will be first customer? Does Dr Charles come on time?
Wanna chk with u gals who did both plan a and b, if the no of appt increase lot when we go for IUI? Just wanna gauge the additional time needed for the next plan.

thanks for your advise..
happy.gif

anyone experience extreme sleepiness after taking metformin? i couldnt lift my eyelids at all 1hour into taking metformin..

Hi in2grace, last stage as in 2ww ah? The wait is agonising! Trying hard to ignore all twitches and cramps that may drive me to obsessing over symptoms now. Hehe.. Which dpo are u on now?

girls - just to let u know dr lim will be on leave..somewhere mid april to early may! so no consultation..if u need to see him..plan ur dates properly.

Hi girls, I am an observer of your forum. After reading posts showing Dr Charles having good results and I decided to see him in December, 2012. I got pregnant in March 2013 after three tries of plan A. Ultrasound scan showed twins. Dr Lim told me that most of his patients do not need to do IVF to get pregnant. His results are 20% for each try of plan A, 25% for plan B and 40% for plan C. Don’t give up. Keep on trying.

Hi Bluebery, it's always encouraging to read about stories such as yours. Important not to lose hope. May I know what regimen where you on? I have been seeing him since jan this year and have gone thru 3 cycles of plan A. This is my first month on plan B. I have been on femara CD2-6, menopur x2 (or 3?) and a bi weekly injection of Saizen. Now 7pdiui.

Because of the success rate of IUI (low) I have always been hesitant to start on it. I have gone thru 3 different periods in my life of a sort of plan A treatment (once for 3 months for my #1, 6 years back and twice with another gynae for 9 months) never IUI. Certainly with great apprehension about this months treatment but I try to keep myself occupied- don't think so much
happy.gif

Hi in2grace, for Plan A3, I was on 2 times dosage of duinum (increase from 1 per day to 2 per day) from CD2 for 5 days. Metformin remains at half tablet a day and 3 Gonal F jabs on CD8, 10 and 12. I also tried Preseed for this cycle.
You are right, importance is not to lose hope and keep on trying. Follow Dr Lim's advice and you will get there. Good luck for this cycle
happy.gif

Haha. My metformin is a full dose of 3 times a day. Cos I have sugar issues. I had insulin jabs for the entire 9 months of my #1 pregnancy.

Hi ladies,
I have been a silent reader of singaporemotherhood for a long time as my husband and I have been ttc for many years. I would like to share my story and encourage all ladies who are on the 'ttc journey'. Have faith and do not give up, you will all get there! : )
Have been checked by 2 gynaes to 'certify' that we are both healthy, with no problems of conceiving and husband's sperm count was good. Tried clomid for almost 6 cycles, all failed. Then moved on to another 'supposedly famous' gynae to perform 2 rounds of IUI, also failed. Almost a yr have passed and many tears were shed. We thought of taking a break from all the 'western medicine' and try TCM instead. Spent another yr on consultations with a EYS fertility doc. After spending thousands of dollars and drinking countless packets of herbs, my AF still never fail to turn up every month. Feeling desperate, I quit my job in 2010 to simply 'rest at home' and hopefully, we might get lucky. Still no good news. And sadly, in Jan 2012, an ectopic pregnancy happened. I was devastated. After that episode, we almost have no more 'strength' to carry on, until I chance upon this thread on Dr Charles Lim. We aw the good recommendations and reviews, so we were prepared for IVF with him, wanting to give 'parenthood' one last shot.
I would say, that was one of our best decisions ever made.
First consultation was made with him in Apr 2012, 3 months after my surgery. Yes, we also think that he has a 'standard script' for all first timers. But we liked him instantly, as he is very candid and encouraging. He also showed a lot of empathy to our situation and remained very very encouraging. After seeing all our medical records and reports, he did not suggest to start on Plans A, B or C, even though he did explain in detail what they are and the success rates, costs, etc. Though he know we have been ttc for so long, have failed on so many attempts and even wiling to try IVF, he did not even suggest it right away. In fact, he only prescribed me with metformin and wanted me to see him the following month to discuss our options again. To our most pleasant surprise, I BFP in that very month! My husband and I found it so hard to believe and I can still recall my hands shaking when I saw 2 lines on the pregnancy test kit.
My first trimester was tough and I will say that Dr Lim and his team of nurses were very professional. In fact, they were very reassuring and helped to ensure the safety of our baby! Now, we are parents to a bubbly 4-month old ; )
So ladies, hang in there! Though we do believe in 'meeting the right person at the right time', in our case, meeting Dr Lim, both of us will be forever grateful to him. If you are under his care, do trust him and work with him. Yes, the journey is long and tough, but we will all get there : ) Jia you!!

Hi All,
I have been an ardent silent reader and it was this particular forum that I have chanced upon Dr Charles Lim. My hb and myself have been trying for a baby for 6 months before going to him. At the same time, we pretty much found out why we were unsuccessful. We were explained patiently by him what are his fertility treatments, very systematically plan A,B and C. We decided to try for plan A early last year, but it was not a hit and run miracle. Due to work travel and to reduce unnecessary stress on getting pregnant, we decided to go natural for 6 months. No miracle happened and we finally made a family decision to see Dr Charles again and proceed with Plan B i.e. we clearly remembered that his favourite phrase "try and try and try and you will succeed." We know it means perseverance. He was very encouraging when we prepared for the iui and with his steady hands and my inverted uterus, the iui was quickly completed. With no expectations nor stress, and after seeing many bfn, it was a very pleasant surprise that I saw a bfp after 2 weeks. It was unbelievable for us because nevertheless the chances were only 25%. I firmly believe that it was his many years of good experience, timing, appropriate medicine prescription and firm believer of keeping the male parts "cool" that led to a successful iui.

We thank him so much for his help in our fertility journey and would recommend him strongly to those who is still TTC to presevere and put your trust in him. We almost did not persevere after a failed Plan A and we ended taking a longer and many heartbreaking journey to having a baby! So press on!

We certainly will miss him a lot after graduating from my first trimester.

Reactions: EYA
Thank you so much Blinkbee and CJR! I am always awed by the kindness of graduates bothering to come back and write about their experience to encourage us.

I failed 2nd round of Plan A in march, took a break in April and am back again, this time round with Plan B. I am waiting for ovulation to happen and I pray to my heavenly Father that He will bless this cycle.

Hope other fellow sisters are hanging in there. Do come back and share any good news. The success stories are always an encouragement to me.
happy.gif

I am new to this forum. I have been planning for a baby for five years. I saw one KK doctor and one private doctor but did not get pregnant. My friend recommended me to see Dr Charles Lim after she herself got pregnant after treatment by him. I did two times of plan A and was successful on my first try of plan B. I think Dr Charles tries his best to help his patients get pregnant. I agree with Blubery's advice to keep on trying until successful.

Back