Christian ivf mums or mums to be

xmas bb- i think with discharge( also got difference- must be the type that is very liquid type..the gluey dry type might be ovulation over)... but when i was on injection i noticed nothing..always very lumpy type..but when on clomid i do notice that there is liquid days..

but is your menses regular?i also tried TCM but it is sooo bitter... took me lots of courage to swallow that bitter herbal drink..

sigh we ladies do so much ... just for the bb..my hb refused the TCM at all...

Hi trustinghim,

Yes my menses is regular. no problem with that. But do you know that ppl with regular menses doesn't mean that they are ovulating?

I was just thinking last night, this whole thing of ttc can become so paralysing and such an obsession. If in the end it just doesn't happen, we have to find a way to move on and be happy. Otherwise we will go into depression. Am sure that we are not the only ones facing this problem.

hi Xmasbaby, welcome to the forum.

I also embarked on TCM with a dr from Thong Chai for a yr before I started on my IVF journey. I also had my tubes checked - and as one of my tubes is faulty, my chances of conceiving is halfed, so IVF was a great help.

Trustinghim, I told hubby if I go for ivf again, I don't mind having twins.. I am sure if God provides, He will give me the strength and the resources to manage.

Keep praying and trusting in our Lord Jesus that He will bless us with baby boom year for all of us!

Hi sisters,
ER went on smoothy. PTL! As I was alone in the theatre, I would have some quiet time with the Lord. Was initially very mad with my husband for not putting enough effort to change his flight to a later time to Bangkok for work to witness the transfer this morning. However, I felt that it was ok after all as I knew God was there with me and i could have the opportunity to have some quiet time
happy.gif

My bladder wasn't full thus my uterus was vertical and so Dr 
Paul had a hard time manipulating the instrument through it. It took a while before I finally see my precious in my uterus on the monitor. I started talking to my precious and told him God is with him. I told God that it is my heart desires to have another child but may His will be done not mine. (I hesitated a while when I said that but ultimately I trust God to know what's best for me and my family) can I really bear with the outcome which is not my desire??..should I say that? I hate myself to have so little faith. God is in charge now. 
While lying on bed in the waiting room, doubts, negative thoughts and fear started to develop. I instantly called on God to cast away all that and let me breathe in His grace and peace. It was only then, I started to calm down. Even though this is my fourth time, i'm still anxious and have all sort  of mixed feeling. 
Thank you sunny and hopewaves for the bible verses. They came in handy for me. Will meditate on them.
happy.gif

Hi Mricky, I stop working this year to go through IVF as my time is running out. 
I couldn't use any medisave and no more grant as this is my fourth try
sad.gif

When doc asked if I wanted to abort cycling when I had only 3 follicles in the right ovary and 2 unreachable follicles in the left with slow rate of growth despite maximum dosage ( had 5 jabs daily during stimulation) and took Growth hormone jab daily since august as ER procedure was a great sum since I can't claim, I cried for days but I refused to give up. Even though I knew that if after going through ER there was high chance that there would't be any egg, I still wanted to proceed. 
I started acupuncture early last year for my third cycle which failed and had been continuing since then as I just couldn't give up. My physician always shook her head when she saw how badly bruised my tummy was due to the jabs. To me, if I can hold my precious in my arms, all the pain, anxiety and money spent is all worth it. However, I know all things happen for a purpose, I may not know now but I'm just blessed to know Jesus Christ and I think I shouldn't focus so much on my pain.
Sorry sisters, long post and just don't know why so much to say. Pls pardon me...
Oh yes, thank you so much for the encouragement and prayers. Meant a lot to me...
happy.gif

Germenie, my eyes welled up as i read your post. Cuz can resonate so much with what you felt. And so happy for you all went well and most importantly, you have God's peace. Dont think so much from now, be a happy mummy! You have done what you and gave your best, let God do the rest. If bored, come talk to us.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">

wednesday lunch - 19 Jan 2011

at raffles plc - is it ok?

1. mricky
2. hopewaves
3. tokkie
4. bb
5. yve
6. vanilla
7. joie</font>

wow! looks like we can have quite a party on 19 Jan!
happy.gif

just to share a verse:
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. - Philippians 4:8

i know we all have concerns that bug us daily. some of us wonder about the possibility of no. 2, some wonder abt the frozen embies, others worry about the possibility of another cycle and why success seems so far and unattainable.

i remember a friend of mine sharing with youths that as long as we know how to worry, we will know how to meditate! haha. that's still funny to me. whenever worries or anxieties creep into my little berry head, the above verse will come to mind and i will try to meditate on it.

"whatever is true" - what is true right now that I can rejoice about? God's love, eternity, tears being wiped away, His provision...

"whatever is noble" - what noble acts have i observed or heard abt? Yve told me about a lady who took medication to induce milk so as to feed her adopted child... wow! that's noble...

u get the drift. hope Phil 4:8 will also bring hope, peace and joy to the places in your heart where the devil has accused, taunted and robbed you. have a good weekend, my friends!

trusting,
wow!!! so big already?
how comedun have the boy boy's pic

re:myboy
hahaha...turning 3 next month.

Vanilla, thanks the invites.. 5th mar isok for me...

Blackberry, thankyou for your welcome...

Germeine,it is DONE!!!!

ladies, u gals really inspired me...we just need to see HIS GRACE n he sees our faith....

lets all jiayou!!!

Hi everyone,  thanks! thanks for concern. am fine.  Will jia you!
happy.gif

Was feeling a bit low past 2 days and started to read all your sharing from the archive. All your encouragement and sharing really lifted up my spirit. Was very touched and amazed by the strength of sisters who can still be so positive, so encouraging, so trusting in the Lord despite all that you have gone through. While reading, I could feel that God has used you to be His instrument. Many times, I ask God to speak to me but i hear nothing and that's because I'm blind and deaf to His words with my fear and worries. Am glad to find this thread and I thank God for leading me to this thread.
happy.gif

Have a great fellowship time and party on 19 Jan, wish I could join you gals but I think I better be good. Told my husband I'm going to put on weight with minimum activity and good food...
Have a Blessed and joyous weekend everyone!

Posted on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 10:15 am:  
Hi all, I subscribed to 'Soul Juice' which send inspiring prayers once a week. I find this prayer very comprehensive and meaningful and would like to share. It's a bit long, sorry.
From Carolyn Baker
In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:  “We have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks.  Open the gates, that the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in.  You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the LORD, the Lord himself, is everlasting strength. (Isaiah 26:1-4)

Prayer:

Trusting You my King for all my hopes, plans, dreams and earthly ambitions has proven to be an amazing journey.  Every time an idea, dream or vision has captured my attention, You have managed to step in with your offer of perfect peace – revealing Your heart of love for me and for those I walk with.  This has allowed me to keep on, keeping on!

Praising You is the only language that makes any sense to me.  Seeing Your hand on my life and on the ministries and lives of so many others is a humbling experience – but a powerful one.  I sense Your protection, and I trust in Your revealed plan for my life.  You are my strength and my portion – forever.  Nothing can change that - and no evil thing can take it away from me.

Every day I see potential in the masterpiece You are creating.  I know You are still unveiling it – even as I pray – and I am learning a great deal about patience as You work this out in me.  Knowing you chose me, and other like minded souls, to walk Your walk and fulfill your great design – humbles me.

I am confidently praying “in a time when You can be found”.  I am asking for a sensitivity I do not yet possess to Your Holy Spirit.  This is rapidly becoming my job description for ministry – and I will rest in Your perfect peace as you work this out in me.

I pray today for anyone praying this prayer that they will also bend their knees, seeking a greater sensitivity to Your Holy Spirit for their own lives.  You are at work intervening – You are reminding me, that as I have done – it will be done to me. 

Help us I cry!  Set any spiritual forces fleeing that have aligned against me (us) to prevent the fulfillment of Your Kingdom plans being revealed and worked out in our lives.  Clearly, we have an enemy – but also clearly, we have the spiritual authority to set him racing for his life.  The prayer of my lips is the cry Jesus Himself prayed:  “Get behind me Satan”.  Thankfully, You are listening, and Your peace is crashing through the waves of unrest that surround me.

I pray for those praying this prayer - just as Isaiah prayed:  “May the Sprit of the Lord rest upon them, the Sprit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord be seen in their lives - and I pray they will delight in the fear of the Lord.”

Have your way with us Father – express Yourself as You will through Your Holy Spirit and grant Your people, laboring in Your harvest fields, the rewards of seeing Your pleasure - and experiencing Your majestic greatness - as You guide and protect their hands and feet.

I praise You Jesus and I trust you – I am not afraid - as you are my Rock and My Salvation – my strength and my song as Isaiah says.  Receive our worship as we offer it in prayer, and may this prayer be an expression of our great love and dependence on and for You.

You alone are worthy – and You alone can help all of us praying this prayer overcome and persevere – so we can finish the race of our lives well.  It is with joy that we draw waters from the wells of Your salvation.  To You be all the honor and the glory!

Germaine- jia jia you you!!! i pray for you that your tummy is holding a surprise for you!!

Dor- i will try to post a photo for you ...just the boy... but if you scroll to oct 21st thread u will see their birthday photo

<font color="aa00aa">any mummies want to donate their cots which they are not using? I found a Christian organisation that is helping bbs adandoned or housing mummies and bbs who need help.

Pls PM me or post here pls..thanks </font>

Good morning sistas

Jia You Germenie! Just 1 more week to BT? Very fast one ok .. before you know it, will be time to receive the good news!

Sistas, i cant join you gals for lunch this week too, enjoy your party on 19 Jan. I having a very tight this week with audit and 3days courses lined back to back.

Vanilla thanks for your SMSes, this week cant catch you, see ya next lunch gathering ya?

<font color="ff6000">wednesday lunch - 19 Jan 2011

at raffles plc

1. mricky
2. hopewaves
3. tokkie
4. bb
5. yve
6. vanilla
7. joie
8.xmasbb</font>

<font color="0077aa">hi sisters...

hi bingo - enjoy BKK.. wah i missed the shopping and food... ask hb if we can bring E there idea got shot at.. haha the best will be phuket in Mar..

hi germenie - how are u sister? hold on to the faith cos God is holding onto u
happy.gif

hi sunny - no worries.. .next week i arrange one near ur office. Ur off havent move yet right?</font>

Vanilla

I cannot go for lunch.. so sad.. sigh got to attend a business lunch instead. Will miss all the juicy updates!

Have you booked a package holiday for your trip in May? Which part of Japan are you going to? I will recommend the ascott/somerset serviced apartments in Tokyo and Kyoto are nice :)

Hi vanilla, my main aim to go bangkok is the massage... I can't wait... Haha

hi jojo, you are right to say that ascott/ somerset properties are nice because I am working with the Ascott!! Hahaha
thank you for the advertisement...
happy.gif

Hi Vanilla, trusting Him and sunny,
Thanks Sister for the "Jia you", really need it.
happy.gif
was told BT on 27 Jan. Wonder can do it earlier. Do you think it's alright to drive by 25 Jan as I need to fetch son for class?
I'm trying to rest as much as possible but getting more restless and sometimes I forget to be more careful. I can be quite clumsy at times.
Had a short angry episode with my son just now cos of his school work. Felt guilty after that for not keeping my cool. Really feel very bad now.
sad.gif

Morning Sistas

Vanilla, you going Japan? Which part? Agree with Joie, ascott/somerset serviced apartments are nice especially if you are bringing young children and older folks. I recommend Frasers too, very near city somemore.

Germenie, 27/1 is day 14? If its day 14 then try not to test earlier cuz day 14 safest to test, if test too early, sometimes HCG hasnt risen then you will disappoint yourself for nothing and start to be despondent. My 1st BFP - i sneezed real hard on day 12 and bleed alittle. Thought gone case liao, went to do BT. End up HCG only 23 so the nurses told me BFN (never tell me reading). I so sad, went massive shopping, eat sashimi and fell sick, fever 39 deg. Then 2 days later AF still didnt come, some sistas ask me sure BFN or not, whats HCG reading? Thats when i called KKH for the reading and they told me and say since AF didnt come, please repeat BT. I repeated and HCG rose to 75. So you see ... best dont test too early. Really can avoid some unnecessary anxiety.

As for whether can drive, i guess its your comfort level. By day 12 can start doing things you normally do already like go to work etc ... just dont over exert. Cuz technically by day 12, embryos safely engulfed in the womb and implantation complete already so should be fine to move about more. Hope i make sense, heehee

<font color="aa00aa">hi sisters,

hi Germenie - if u take HCG jab, u also cannot test too early cos there is HCG in ur system so the BT/HPT is not accurate. For me i did not do any hCG jab as i had OHSS so i tested on Day 12. Dr F wanted me to test as he needs to see the protein lvl in me so at the same time he did the beta test.

ur boy is in P6 right? u must v concerned but also like flying a kite, must know when to tug the kite back, when to let go.. i think let go these few days till 27 Jan... is ur hb around to supervise his homework?

like what sunny say - i think can drive on 25Jan..just be careful and drive slowly. U have God's protection and blessing...

oh yes, pls say good morning to ur bb for me-aunty vanilla!

hi Joie, Bingo and Sunny - i will check ur recommendation! my fren who studied and lived in Jap recommended some accommodation. Haha i will do my EXCEL(spreadsheet)LENT to compare.. haha..last time i was there i stayed at oakwood and it was LOVELY.. unfort they clamped down on less than 1 mth short stay (there is some jap ruling)..

I will be in tokyo (visit E's frens - u guess it .. minnie, mickey, donald, goofy and daisy)...as well as some of my hb' frens. Also popping by Hokkaido - self drive. </font>

Hi sisters, Good morning! It's a great day
happy.gif

Hi Sunny, Vanilla- thank you so much. Will heed your advice. By day 14, does it mean 14 days after embryo transfer ( considering ET as day 1?)or taking ER as day 1? If counting ET as day 1 (last wed) today  should be day 7. 

Sunny- that was definitely a scare but am glad everything turned out well for you. 

Vanilla- thanks, just said Good morning to precious, really blessed to have kind aunties praying for us.
Hb kept reminding me to be more relaxed with son's work. I tried to but at times, can't help it. Anyway hb promised me last night that he will do nothing else except guide him with his work this week and  so ask me to stay away. I will heed your advice to leave him alone till 27 Jan  
happy.gif

When are you going Japan? I went Hokkaido 3 years back during year end so it was winter then. It was one of our most memorable trip there. We were still talking abt our experience over there esp my son who still flips through the photos reminiscing the trip fr time to time. Seafood and ramen is a must try and not forgetting the hot spring too. We hope to go back there again.

Germenie, i think different clinics vary slightly which day to count as day 1. At KKH, ET day is day 1. By 27/1 should be quite safe for you to test and be accurate. My experience that time, sorry to disappoint, i lost it subsequently at around week 8. Thats another story. Wow, japan in winter? How nice! I grow so old still not once had a white xmas! Keep hinting my hb haha

<font color="aa00aa">hi germenie, ya farm out to ur hb to do the coaching... good time for father and son bonding too..haha maybe after 27Jan ur son prefers to have u back to coach him
happy.gif

i am going in June. Have been to Hokkaido in 2007 july aug..lovely weather compared to Tokyo then... this time round can bring E to look at the sights me and hb went before...

for Dr F, we count ET as day 1</font>

Hi sistas, how's lunch? Had a great time? 

joie- it's endo brand, I know some departmental store sell thermal pot fr this brand but not sure about rice cooker. You may want to take a look at Robinson, ck tang, taka or OG 

Would like to share an article on "How to get your prayers answered"
http://tbm.org/prayers_answered.htm

germenie - hope all is well with you! rest well and take care!

xmasbaby - thought i will get a chance to meet you at lunch. hopefully, will see u at the next lunch?

lunch was yummy and very filling! had ivin's peranakan food for dinner which means belachan chilli and more stuffing of my face! haha!

hopewaves - good to see u again! aiyah, so sad that when i turned around, you had already crossed the road and headed back to office. mricky and i were talking about... erm, fats i think! lol! take care and dwell on God's promises.

vanilla - thanks for arranging the venue for lunch
happy.gif
appreciate it.

<font color="ff6000">hi sisters.. wah.weekend coming... hee hee me planning a series of activity w E..just us alone this wkend cos hb travelling for work...

would like to request for a prayer - for a bb called Ann. She had her heart surgery done when she is abt 2 mths. However, her recovery is not too good, she went back to op during her recuperation in the hosp cos there was water in her lungs. Now back at home, she still has water in her lungs. Pls pray for God's divine healing to be on her. she is just 4 mths. Pls pray for strength for her parents too... thanks</font>

Vanilla thanks for arranging lunch

hopewaves good to meet you. Must catch up more ya?

Vanilla, we will keep bb Ann n her family in prayers.

I would also like to uphold my friend Alaina whose bb girl Taylor returned to the Lord last year this day after bring with daddy n mummy for just over s month ...

Hi Vanilla, Blackberry- looks like you gals had a great fellowship
happy.gif

I'm not so good today. Had lower abd cramp and one occasion of spotting 2 days ago, thought nothing of it as yesterday, I felt fine and energetic. But today, cramp got worse with more spotting so called the clinic, was asked to go for progesterone jab and have to have daily jab before BT on 27 Jan. I'm feeling fine now as I strongly believe God is watching over me and my precious.
Was rejected to do the blood test earlier so I have to be patient.
Prayed for bb Ann and Aliana and Taylor, will continue to pray for them in my prayer time.

Germenie - God makes the fellowship sweet, and that is the beauty He has made out of the ashes of our predicament. as for your cramps, i hope u are feeling better. our prayers are with you.

Mricky - i remember baby Taylor...

Xmasbaby - ya, hope to see u next time!

<font color="ff6000">hi sisters,

hi germenie - hope u are feeling better...has ur spotting stopped after the progestrone jab? will uphold u in my prayers
</font>

Hi Sistas

Vanilla, Mricky, will uphold bb Ann and Aliana's parents.

Germenie, has the spotting stopped? Cramps can also mean implantation so try not to get too worried. More important to stop the spotting. Take care ya!

Blackberry, Vanilla, TrustingHim, thanks for your kind thoughts and SMSes. Not going through a smooth time these few months. Thanks for your always warming support. Just to update, i have done all my karyotyping and auto immune tests i think included lupus, anticardio-something... and a few other names, dont know the full list yet. Now waiting for results. Then see Dr Loh and Dr Foong again in Feb.

Hi sunny, blackberry and vanilla,
Thank you for all your prayers. Really need that. Thank God that spotting stopped after the progesterone jab. I'm still experiencing AF cramps though less frequent and intense as last friday.
I'm trying very very hard to stay positive and calm.
Sunny-I'm sorry to hear that you do not have a smooth time. Though I don't really know how to console you, i'll pray for you. God will make all things beautiful in His time. Stay positive
happy.gif

Sunny - *hugs*, during this period when it isnt so smooth, know that the Lord is with you, always loving you and having your very best interest at heart. He will not leave you nor forsake u. You r so very precious to Him. Fix your eyes on Him. Shut your ears to all negative thoughts &amp; accusations that are not of Him. He holds our world in His hands. Am thinking of u too and hope to see u soon, sunny.

Germeine, do continue to pray n hv peace. I kw it's tough but know that the Lord is sovereign n is in control. Your BT is this thursday rite?

Hi Mricky, thanks for your encouragement. Yes, BT is this thurs. Haven't been able to sleep well. Keep saying "The Lord is my light and my salvation, of whom shall I fear and the Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid" whenever fear and doubt starts to overcome me. I hang on to what Jesus meant in Mark 11:24: "...whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." whenever my faith starts to dwindle. I hate myself when I exhibit little faith and trust in God. I have to constantly tell myself to be positive all the time.

hi germenie - it is natural to feel scared. give God ur fears, ur hopes and ur burdens.

hi sunny - do let me know abt ur results. will pray for God's protection over u

v funny - i dreamt of Dr F early this morning. Dun know why there is a O&amp;G seminar and we all go there tog. angeline saw me and Yve tog and started laughing saying...u all know each other. Dr F kept talking and talking.. even dreamt of Prof Ng (and v funny he was wearing a v colorful and hip shirt), then Dr F started talking politics - yes as in government politics.

hmmmm......weird dream right?!

Lunch this Friday - YES!
happy.gif

Vanilla- weird dream indeed! maybe it's a sign that Dr F will enter into Singapore politics one day! Gulp! And we will all vote for him! And the president of the election campaign will be none other than.... (drumroll)... President Yve! (thunderous applause)!!!

Lunch this Friday - YES!

Vanilla - weird dream indeed! Maybe it's a sign that he will enter into the Singapore political scene! And we will all be his fervent supporters. And to chair his election campaign, we will have .... drumroll.... President Yve! (Thunderous applause)!!! babies A, E and F will have to be the poster babes lining Napier Road, Orchard Road... all the way to Parliament House!

Back