Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

Catherine,
i see... was planning to do just for PG1 & 2 also, but was afraid the other children also there then paisei....

So you told the teacher tt the celebration was just for PG 1 & 2 before hand?

We always see you and your girl in the stroller when we drive into the carpark in the mornings... ;p

That time i was first time as well so don't know how just order 1kg then the princple told me enough for PG1 & 2. But you better discuss with the form teacher. and get how many kids in PG1 & 2

Hi mummies,
The centre just accepted my ger into PG1. She will be starting in Jan.

Any advise that I can gather from here to prepare my ger and myself?

how to prepare my ger beforehand...

actually my hubby quite hesitant about sending my ger to childcare coz he thinks she is still young...

i really hope i have made the right choice...coz my No. 2 is arriving in Jan

hI Linda,
Don't hesitate to send your ger to CC. Start telling her how good school will be. Its a very good start for her. She will learn alot of things there. First few weeks your girl might cry for mummy and might have nightmares. But its ok she will adapt to it soon.

My girl took about 2mths to adapt to cherie hearts. Surely will be crying every morning before going to school.

First you and your hubby got to be firm. Assure your girl that daddy and mummy will fetch her back when she finished her school. Tell her school is fun and everyone is going to school.

First week best is let her join the childcare half day slowly increase to full day. For my ger 3rd day she started full day. Most important you and your hubby got to be very patient that your girl will cry for at least 1-2mths.

the teachers in cherie hearts are very professional and friendly. So rest assure your girl will be very happy there.

Trust is very important, you got to trust that the teachers will take good care of her.

My girl start childcare only this year, regret that i never send her earlier. Now after joining cherie heart, she learn to take off her own clothes , go to potty by herself, speak more, walk more, eat more. within a mth quit her pacifier. More independant, and self discipline.

Linda,

Think your girl wil be seeing my little boy in Jan too.. hhehee enrol since July lor... Wait for very long liao... Can't wait to send him there :p Learn something new mar.. better then everyday see elmo :p

Your girl which month? Mine just turn 2...

decnk,

Never see you before leh... Hehe but I seldom go there lar... Dunno which is your girl also.. Same class as Jonas?

Thanks Catherine... my ger very dependent on us too.. still holding to her pacifier... hope she will learn more when she goes to school.

Joann, my ger born in Feb 2008. Her name is Ada. Mrs Chua told me to start in mid Jan... still asking the school to let Ada join in early Jan.. scared i deliver early...

I told my hubby the same thing, goes to school to learn new things, better than watching barney everyday...

wowo...getting more and more merry now...

linda, nice to have yr ger aboard, sure she'll love it there, whether ur ger will cry or not, dun have to worry so much, who knows, maybe she will surprise u....cos that happened to my son Kyan, since the very 1st day, nv cry....heee...heng ah....hahahahaha

Joann, so Jon will be on half day or full day at CH?

actually, i also seldom fetch kyan now, always the daddy doing most of the legs work now....maybe we shd arrange that all mummies fetch the children at 6-6.15pm, then we will know who is who. Cat and Jo, u both are exempted, cos already printed yr face to my "card" memory...hee

Grace,

Wahhh u printed my face ahhh then at night got dream of me or not.. hahahahah that time u come my hse, i never wear glasses so see you also blur blur one hahaha

Actually another of my customer also in CH leh.. Ms Reeya saw her wetbags and ask is it from me.. Her child going to CH next Monday
happy.gif
PG2 She's from SMH also.. must add all on FB liao. Maybe can start a CH group lehhh hahaha

Catherine, almak u can see me in FB mah....

Joann, u also another 4eyes...me too...haha. anyway, why dun u talk to Aileen abt the business, maybe you can put there for selling?...heee

Linda, for me i just use maker to write. yr gal will be in which class huh?

Joann,
Ya my girl is same class as Jonas...she is Kellene. Think so far I only met Catherine before.

Mornings usually your hb bring Jonas to sch? Think we meet Jonas along the way occasionally.

Linda,
I switched my girl to Cherie Hearts only in Sep... Previously she was at another childcare near my place. So far no regrets switching her... I think she is enjoying the new sch.

Last time she wld sometimes throw tantrums in the mornings, saying she don't wanna wear uniform, dun wanna go to school... But so far after we switched her to CH, she seldom do tt. Always go to school smiling.

She joined her first childcare when she jus turned 2 yrs old as well. Took her 2 weeks to stop crying. 1st day she did not cry, coz too excited abt the new environment adn friends. 2nd day onwards she cried all the way... really heartache to see her cry, coz she wld keep sobbing, "mummy i wanna go hme..."

This will be the pt where u start to question yourself whether she is too young to go to school. But I guess u hv to be firm and trust tt the teachers wld be able to handle them. N i think the initial crying part is inevitable, even if they start sch at 3 or 4 yrs old, such things will still happen. For me, I think going to sch learning new things n making friends is much better than watching tv at home....

When she switched over to CH, she also cried for the 1st few days... but settled down much faster... probably a week or so.

Catherine,
not sure if u remember seeing her cry and throw tantrums outside the school then.... you came over to talk to her for a while, but she still refused to go into the sch.... ;p

Decnk,

Oh Yah i remember, She was crying outside refuse to go in. Now she is a happy girl.. Charlotte say she like Kellene. Sometimes you never fetch her home right is her grandfather fetch her?

Happen that i fetch charlotte home and Kellene also going home Charlotte and Kellene playing happily together on their way to LRT

Catherine,
Ya, actually in the evenings normally its her grandfather who fetches her home... coz we don't knock off so early, by the time we reach the centre wld be almost 7pm liao... a bit late...

They will either take LRT back or cycle home....
happy.gif

Kellene wld always tell me she sit next to Charlotte, or hold hands with Charlotte when they are outside... kekkee...

Decnk,

hehe so now Charlotte and Kellene is good friend. and i ask her yesterday excursion who she sit with, she say Kellene... lolz

Yesterday I asked Jonas "You like ShengKai or Gabrielle?" coz he often talk about these 2.. Then he said "I like kellene". After awhile I ask him the same question again. He still insist he like Kellene more.. LOL..

Linda:
think my gal will be in same class as Ada! my gal is born in july 2008... shd be joining on 29 Dec, pending approval from MCYS for early admission.

Any mummies driving your kids to CH? where can i park (free) to drop my gal to CH then i drive off? any shelter in case it rains? pls advise... thanks

Hi wai wai,
Ada starting on 7 Dec... can count down le ... be she de leh somehow ...

can any mummies advise what to bring on first day???

So far, my impression of CH is clean environment...

Waiwai,
We normally drive my girl to CH in the mornings. Will just park at the carpark or along the parallel lots on the road. So far no problems (touch wood!) coz we only take 5-10 mins... ;p

In the evenings, I think you hv to be careful. Understand tt they chk pretty regularly in the evenings... hv met the parking attendent several times when we drive to pick my girl (normally its her grandfather who picks her by bicycle or LRT). The parking attendent ever told us that if we on the hazard lights when we parked our car w/o coupon, they will know tt its for a short while only and won't summon you... Not sure if it really works. Anyone tried before?

Lavonne,
I find that CH is pretty good compared to my girl's previous childcare. Clean and organised....

Linda,
So is Ada excited abt going to school? First day you bring the usual stuff (water bottle, mattress cover, towel, clothings for afternoon, etc), and maybe bring along one or two of her comfort items? In case she cries or feel insecure, at least she still has something familiar with her.

When my girl started her at her first childcare, we brought her small pillow and pacifier (tt time she hasnt wean off yet) along... told the teacher to give her if she cries or during naptime. And she hugs her water bottle all the time as well...

thanks decnk... do i need to pack the toiletries??? Ada got slight ezcema.. so i have been usuing cetaphil and gaia products for her ... need to bring???

i pack her stuffs until like i m sending her to smewhere like that ...now i understand why my mum always overdo many things ...

Angry some how don't know why we cannot access the lift in the morning, complained once but seems like the person in charge hack care.

linda,
I think toiletries no need, unless u want them to use specific pdts for your girl? So far my girl has been using the centre ones....

catherine,
u mean the lift under maintenance or they lock up the gate/entrance to the lift area?

think i noticed sometimes the lift area is locked until like 9-10am....

Linda:
The principal informed me to bring the followings on the first day: diapers, milk powder, milk bottle, towel for bathing, extra set of clothes, jacket (optional), long pants (optional)

decnk:
Thanks for advice on parking! I also heard that if we switch on hazard light then usually they will not summon us

Linda,

Tomnorrow's Jon's first day.. wah so scared they cannot handle this boy. Coz he can cry very loudly and won't 'give in' until he gets what he wants...

So nervous for him compared to Jonas.

Ada is sick? When will she be back? Think you have to bring your own bathing products if she's got slight eczema... Better for her also.

joann,
actually looking forward tomorrow...but ada down with fever since fri... her fever keeps coming back... so got to keep her at home till she recovers and starts eating...these few days, she simply no appetitte..

hopefully she recovers by tues or wed.. has sms Mrs Chua...

Linda,

Jon cried badly lor... like 1 hr before I pick her up... He was fine all along then only start missing me before I pick him up... Think tomorrow will be a struggle.. wah siannnnzzzz....

Linda,

No lar, half day only. 1 pm I went to pick him, jonas saw me and want to go home together. So in the end bring both of them home.. alamak.

Reeya say to call them in advance before i come down so that they can bring jon outside without jonas noticing that didi already go home liao..

Is Ada on antibiotics? Jon also fever few weeks ago, have to struggle to give him meds lor. end up all vomit out again.

Joann,
Jon cried even thou he knows gor gor is in the next class?

Linda,
Hope Ada gets well soon... Kellene also gena viral fever last week... only came back to sch today...

Catherine,
That time when u celebrated Charlotte's bday in sch, did u bring her back directly after the celebration? Or you let her stay till evening then bring her back?

Kellene is celebrating her bday in sch next week... me so excited... ;)

Decnk,
I bring her back after the celebration cos she want to follow me..

but if kellene ok u can leave her in school n fetch her later.

joann,

ada not on antibotics.. coz viral fever mah..her temp went down today.. hopefully can bring her to CH on thurs.

I intend to stay with her full day on first day.. advisable?

hihi ladies.....

long time no talk here....fyi, i'll celebrating kyan's bday on this coming thur....hope that all kids will be there to have with him together..;o)

Grace,

Wahhh can pack extra goody bags for me.. hahaha

Linda,

Depending on whether she's the clingy sort. Some can just stay there for 20 mins and leave, easier also lar. Coz the longer you stay there, the longer they will want you there..

decnk

No difference leh. Got kor kor he also cry leh. Jonas also never comfort him lor. Just pretend to 'sayang' him then continue playing his own stuff.. haiz... tomorrow struggle again...

Tequila,
Today is Kyan's actual bday? Happy Birthday to him!
happy.gif
This morning Kellene was fussing and keep saying she wants to go grandma house instead of going to sch. Then I told her Kyan celebrating his bday in sch today, so will hv cake, etc.... And then she start to fuss again and insist tt its her bday.... sigh....
uhoh.gif

Joann,
Jon still crying quite badly is it? You din stay in the class? Think I saw him crying quite loudly yesterday morning... This morning also hear a boy crying, but not sure if its Jon... He was back facing me, so din see clearly.

Linda,
How is Ada's first day? I saw a preg lady in the class this morning.... shd be you right? ;)

decnk,

Yea, i didnt stay in the class with him since its day 4 already. Day 1 & 2 i stay awhile. Coz everytime i stay there, the bro wants me to accompany him instead. end up tug o war between the two... one pull me left, one pull me right..
Haiz...

Linda,
No worries... Girls are usually faster to adapt ;)

Back