Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

Hi Linda,
Are you withdrawing becoz Ada still crying and couldn't get used to it? Why not consider giving her and yourself a bit more time?

When Kellene first started childcare, she also cried for two whole weeks. It was a struggle every morning to get her ready for sch. She will start crying when she sees the uniform, or when she is at the sch gate. In sch, she jus stuck to us or stay at one corner, refused to interact with her friends. We also almost wanted to withdraw her coz we tot she was too young to go thru all these trauma.

We told ourselves tt we will monitor until end of the mth. But eventually, she stopped crying after two weeks. We gave her her favourite biscults in the morning, as an incentive to go to sch, and also encourage her to play with her friends. Eventually, she got used to it, and is excited to go sch coz her friends are all waiting for her. Getting her to sleep earlier at night also helped coz she wakes up feeling fresh instead of cranky.

But she sort of refused to say bye to us for the first few mths (she din cry thou, jus kept quiet while teacher is taking temp)... not sure if tt's her way of telling us she is angry tt we left her in sch. But we din insist tt she say bye to us lah... jus left her like tt. And when we peep at her later in the day, and also checked w the teachers, she is actually happily playing w her frens after we left...

So perhaps you can consider trying out for a little longer before you decide again?

I put as health reason in the withdrawal form. Maybe Ada not ready for CC.

Can see she enjoys her stay at CH when I am around. CH has a group of caring teachers. Maybe next time when Ada is older, i put her back again.

Very hard decision for me indeed..

We see the changes in Ada after Ada starts her childcare. We know it is the transition period for children no matter which age we start them on childcare. even next time we put her in childcare again, the separation anxiety will start again...

Ada is a brave ger, actually by second day when she is left alone, she didnt cry much le and was playing with her frds. I have strong belief she will adapt very fast.

But smething is not beyond my control only... i am very upset when i have to withdraw her afterall i am the one who keep requesting CH to admit Ada early.

Linda,
Health is just an excuse, even ADA is older she will still get sick more offen in school, is a way to fight with virus and grow stronger.

The earlier they get immune virus the better. And for Childcare is at least 1-2 times per month to get sick for the first 6mths, after which it will be lesser can be 1 once a month or 1 every two to 3 mths.

Tell you my story, I actually regretted not sending charlotte to childcare earlier, By age of two Charlotte still does not speak and refuse to greet anyone even mummy or daddy. Still need to wear her shoes for her, feed her, refuse to walk only want to be carry or seat in stroller.

She was taken care by grandma, and grandma loves to carry her instead of leting her walk by herself, She refuse to eat even grandma got to force her mouth to open to make her eat. Still wearing diaper, eating pacifier at the age of 2 going to 3 yrs.

Imagine same month and age of her friend they are able to sing, talk, walk, run, climb by themselve. And Charlotte still depending on us.

When just started school this yr, She start to learn to take off her own shoes. When i told her mummy help you? She say No! I wear myself. After 1 or 2 mths of schooling she is off Pacifier, 3-4mths in school her form teacher start to train her off diaper. and within 3 months she tell me that she want to walk, instead of being carried. With in 6 mths she is now a talkative full of nonsenses Girl. She learn to communicate with me and able to communicate with her grandparents in chinese.
Which i had regretted that i had not send her to school earlier otherwise she is even more active now.

I know... that why i want to send ada to CC...for learning purpose, for social skills... but sad to say, the decision has to be made

Anyway i saw you this morning withdrawal Ada already.

Hopefully u can give Ada another chance to join Cherie hearts soon..

After we saw Charlotte with such a good progress we realise that its worth it after all to send her to Cherie Hearts. Price wise is abit high but if you saw their program even while wait for parents to fetch them the teachers still make sure the kids are busy.

Linda,
I can understand your concern... Initially, we also quite frustrated tt Kellene kept getting fever every mth, and missed 1-2 weeks sch each time she falls sick.

Very frustrated and heartache to see her getting fever so frequently, and when she is sick, her little brother gena from her as well. So we were really sian lor... This went on for 6 mths... after tt the frequency came down....

PD tells us this is very normal. It will happen even if you only send the child to sch when he/she is 4-5 yrs old. The only diff is probably when they r older, they recover faster since their immunity better. Its really a passing phase....

If Ada is enjoying the classes, you shd consider letting her continue.... I do agree tt they learn so much in sch. Kellene was toilet-trained in sch. She learns how to self-feed (without mess) there as well. And she can speak mandarin so much better ever since going to sch.

And you know, in CH the teachers asked them to put the bowls into the pails after they finish eating right? Recently when we were eating at the foodcourt at Compass Point, the cleaning auntie came to collect our bowls. Kellene hasnt finished her meal then, so the auntie din collect hers. Then after Kellene finished her meal, she wanted to get down the chair. I tot she wanted to walk out to the corridor to see the decor at the mall, almost wanted to stop her from getting down the chair. But she actually took her bowl, walked towards the cleaning station, and handed the bowl to the auntie. I was really surprised to see her do tt, and very very proud of her! Good habits that they learn in sch....

Oh... just saw Catherine's post tt you hv withdrawn Ada already....

Hope to see you and Ada back at CH soon...
happy.gif
Take care!

I went to CH to submit withdrawal form... haizz.. i saw catherine and joann with their kids too...

I am proud of kellene... she is so independent.

Thanks mummies.. it is really nice to know you all...

these few days while ada was in CH, i saw her piecing those puzzles, stacking cups... she played with kyan and some PG2 kids...i never know she knows all these while at home... it is amazing to see kids learn real fast at CC...

Catherine,

yea, actually I am very happy with Charlotte's improvement too. First time I saw her, she was so shy she almost cried when I talk to her or look a bit more at her.

After that I very scared to look at her but about 2 weeks later I peep in and saw Charlotte looking at me.. Then she gave me a sweet smile. Wah really makes me happy coz she'd change so much!!! These days me and my hubby just want to look at charlotte more coz she really got a sweet shy smile.

Joann,
Haha.....Didn't know that Shy smile still can be sweet.. Now she even greet all the teachers good morning.

Jonas also mah whenever i met him in the morning he will smile to me, Those type of prince charming smile. He very handsome boy next time sure have many girlfriends. :X

Happy New Year everyone!

Just saw the new class list this morning... think Kellene's class got a number of new classmates... She's in the 2nd class... most of the existing classmates in the 1st class...

ya... Ms Reeya is taking the first class... think Jonas and Charlotte both in the first class. Then Ms Chow taking the 2nd class... Kyan and Kellene same class...

You can see the split on the attendance list...

This morning so angry... It was raining and the lift was spoilt (again!). Then the stairs next to the lift was also locked. In the end, me and 2 other mummies had to take the stairs next to the gym to get down... lucky it wasnt locked. But hor, when I wanted to get up back to the carpark, I realised tt gym lift is locked at level 1. So in the end had to walk up the open stairs in the rain!

Don't understand why the building mgt have to lock the doors at the stairs.... and their lift is always out of order... argh!

oh i see i think in this way better... as in heard from Reeya that the timing will be very packed cos getting more kids and the toilet need to use quickly.. I feel that they should consider having another toilet at the other classroom so that our kids don't have to run to the otherside.. This month charlotte 2nd time wet her pants... But when she was in PG2 so far she never wet her pants after she is off diaper leh...

Oh yah this morning i also very angry.. same thing happen as well.. I think We should all complain together shall CC to Dr Lam..

Ya... talking abt wetting pants, it happened to Kellene yest also. I tot she wet her pants during nap, but her mattress cover was dry leh. So I think must be she din get to the toilet in time.

Recently, Ms Chow also called to say Kellene lost her balance and fell while walking to the other side... in the end had some abrasion on her elbow.

Think quite troublesome for both the teachers and children to keep bringing them to and fro each time someone wants to go toilet....

Decnk,

yah i think must complaint again... wahaha today i super complaining...

But i heard before from May that they cannot have the toilet there becos of the piping...so basically is just very inconvient for the teachers and the kids..

Cos how can the kids go to toilet the same timing? they are not robots ... diffferent kids have different toileting timing..

aiyo....mummies...

cool down....

1st thing, i dun piping is an issue, cos if they can have a toilet next to CH, why not just inside....it just don't make sense, anyway, to have another toilet, meaning...extra costs..

Hmm... don't know true or not on the other hand they can put some kid's potty at their class room mah maybe at one corner or something

hi hi happened to chance upon this blog! linda chan, think i know you leh. hee.

anyway, my boy in cherie hearts too!!
happy.gif
he is in k1 this year. think all your kids here are year 2006 kids? mine is 2005. but anyway, we can still chat!

welcome kkf..

Regarding the lift. Wah can imagine I carry Jon and holding Jonas hands down the stairs beside the gym.. Was cursing and swearing and wanted to complain to the management that day...

Inconvenienced the hell out of parents manz...

Mummies,

I am a little disappointed with Cherie Hearts regarding about the computer class for nursery class. How come we still need to pay for it.. i heard from my friend's school is part of their curriculum no addition fees.

What do you all think??

tot we only pay for the eng and chi books? which i had already wrote in to HQ abt it, if only pay for once a yr, i'm ok, but every quarter, no lor....cos other CC (not CH), i'm only nd to pay once a yr for eng only......PAP.....

Grace,

You never check email ah... Aileen emailed us regarding the computer class..

Cat,

Charlotte going for the computer class?

Joann,Tequila,

i think not letting her to join this computer class is just an extra enrichment program. and i feel that they should include it in the curriculum as we paid so much for the school fees. They should provide this.. as i know other CC they also provide the computer in school.

she nv send to me.......anyway, joann sent to me liao. Thanks

that's true even those normal cc already provides that, why not CH and they charged so high....

there's one montessori at st anne which charge less than CH and provide that....

The kids anyway don't need to have long hours of Computer lesson just 30mins will do. Most of the Trial parents don't see it at all.. how will the parents know that is it suitable for our kids with looking and knowing details.

Yea.. then I was thinking they got how many computers there huh? if got a lot of kids join, that means they take turns to use ah?

Anyways both of you are right, they should include in the curriculum. I didn't even buy the books lor... although very tempted...

Alamak didn't tell me... I bought the books leh Too tempted.... But have not seen how the books look like.

I think next time anything to purchase or classes we better discuss together..

I don't see they have any in school.. maybe laptops..

haiz just got remarks from ms Reeya that they actually give our kids Free cod liver oil daily. in my feedback form i wrote do not have anything free.

Oh you mean the books are not for the whole yr or half yr? Its quarterly one ah? me also bought it...

As for the computer class, I also thought of not signing up... Coz I feel so young start on computers (be it for learning or games), later get addicted easily. And bad for eyes lah.... as it is, Kellene already watching too much tv liao....

I think I did see 2 or 3 PCs at the nursery class side when we went there to do registration last yr... But like you all say, it wld be too many childrean sharing liao...

So most of you won't be signing up for the computer classes?

Oh ya Catherine,
Earlier on you mentioned tt Charlotte wet her pants coz they din bring her to the toilet in time right? Does it still happen now?

So far since beginning of the yr, Kellene has been wetting her pants at least once every week (sometimes even twice)... and its because they din bring her to toilet fast enough, not during nap time.

I feedback to the teacher few times, and they said the children r still in transition, or its an occasional accident, etc etc... Quite disappointed with those replies lor... I mean, it didn't happen before they moved to the nursery class mah... when we go out, we nvr hv such problems as well. And if it happens at least once every week, i dun think tt is considered "an occasional accident" lor.... sigh...

Back