Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

I just enrolled my son to this school.. Maybe they will open around March. Thats what the incharge told me.. All their furnishings very new and clean.. Thats what I like
happy.gif
You should give them a call..

I have recce the place and registered my interest. but my bb is not 18mth yet, until apr. they will call me once they obtain the MCYS license.

how old is ur son? is he in playgroup or nursery? my concern is it is fully a/c. my bb is prone to running nose.

did u recce other childcare b4 cherie hearts? I realised the fees is on the high side le...

I've also enrolled my son there. He's in playgroup & starting next week. I'm also concerned abt the fact that it is fully a/c but I like the environment & its distance from my place. Maybe can get to know some of u there :)

Hi I've started my gal there this week. So far so good. She is in playgroup 2. Any of your kids in pg 2?

Hi Catherine,
Good to know that your gal will be joining. There's only 2 girls in her class now, and other girl is only on trial. Will your girl be on full or half day? Mine is on 1/2 day at the moment. Might be switching to full day by July/Aug if everything goes well.

hi Hurray,

will put her full day first few days will be 1/2 day then later on will be full day. how is your girl getting along there?

Hi Catherine,
So far so good. she can adapt to new environment pretty well. She'll cry for a couple of minutes for mummy every morning, after that she will be fine. The centre is still new, so not sure whether is good. But realise that alot of procedure not set up yet, maybe because they are very new.

Are you working? Will you be taking her or letting her take the school bus? Mine will be on 1-way sch bus starting 1st April.

Hi Hurray,

Maybe give them sometime to get in procedure Since its still new, Thats why the principle arrange to daughter to join in May cause they want to slowly get use to it.

I am staying near Anchorvale CC will be walking her there.

Hi Catherine,

Ya. I guess it takes time for both the cc and my gal to settle in. Anyway, my gal told me last night that she likes school. She ask why teacher so funny, keep laughing at her when she eat. Then another teacher got angry cos' she keep playing the toys....so funny.

So next time we can meet up when your gal starts school.

Hi!,

how much would it cost for full day childcare? i will like to enrol my boy when he turns 2 in sept.

cheers

hurray,

my girl is starting next wk for playgroup1. there are more girls in PG1 and more boys in PG2. see u around!

Hi All

just gotten a place for my son, which will enrol in playgroup 2 in may 09.

Hi Catherine24,

my son and yr daughter will be in the same class...;O)

Rdgs

Hi Wan,
My gal is on half day. My hubby and I take turn to send her their in the morning. Shall see you around.

Just switch my gal from 1/2 day to full day today. Send my maid off last minute so no choice but to leave her there whole day. Luckily she love school and feel excited abt it. Today she brought her pillow and tell me she wanted to sleep in school with friends. I ask if she wanted to change sch, she said 'No', only want to go Cherie Hearts. At least a load off my mind knowing she loves it there.

yes yes. the one who has two pony tails, over-sized uniform and carry a pillow. I didn't send her there today. My hubby did.

Hmmm.. a pillow? Jonas was sleeping next to this girl (wearing red polo ralph dress) who's walking around with her pillow. Very cute. She keep asking me 'Who's coming?', several times.. I told her nobody coming.. After asking me for the 5th time, I told her 'monster coming if you don't sleep'.. LOL after awhile she fell asleep :p

Joann,
That's my gal...hahaha. Typical of her to ask lots of questions before she sleep. Its her 1st day sleeping in school, and I'm worried that she will refuse to sleeping and disturb the rest. So your trick works. Let me try out tonight. She always has problem fall asleep...

So you staying with your boy the whole day? Is his first day right?

Hi Hurray,

Haha.. I was there for awhile in the morning, left after the assembly.. Had breakfast with hubby and baby at Mac.. Then tot I'll peep in on him.. WAH LAO.. after I peep in he saw me and start crying. Then they ask me to go back in again. He calm down after awhile and continue to play. Then hubby standing outside peep in again and he saw.. Then cry again.. Really chaotic..

Left after awhile and came back to check on him during nap time. Haha he was sleeping next to your dotter. She's really cute. I close my eyes and pretend to sleep. Before I know it, I can feel a small face infront of me and I open my eyes, saw your dotter. LOL. Start asking me questions... Then teacher had to seperate her and Jonas because both of them seems to be playing.. LOL. very cute lehh...

Oh anyways, she slept after being seperated and teacher sat beside her to watch that she stop asking questions.

Something very funny to add.. While they were sleeping, the phone rang. It was very quiet and suddenly your dotter say's 'MONSTER COMING..'.. I LOL, so did all the teachers. But they didn't know that I was the one who told her that monster is coming if she don't sleep :p

Hahaha...she and her nonsense. She's very sensitive to monster cos' her daddy has this favourite monster T-shirt which he loves to wear to sleep. She keep telling my hubby there's a monster on his body...

I had the same problem last time (her first few days) when i peep at her from the hole. Once she saw me, she will start crying. But after I left, she will stop crying in less than 3mins....haha. Attention-seeker. But not to worry, as time goes by, they will get used to it. Today is her 3rd week at school and she has stop crying in the morning when my hubby drop her off. She even wave bye bye to him.

Are you fetching Jonas yourself or he's taking the school bus? Tot of hiring the bus, but they left the school so early (5pm) and there's no one home till 6+. Luckily right now my MIL is on MC till 7th. So she's helping me to pick her up. Guess will have to cut down on my OT by next week to pick her up myself....

joann, jonas had a great smile this am during assembly. I also sneaked out after that cos May was in control of my girl.

too bad they are not in the same class. PG1 & 2 activities are quite different. there are only a few kids in their class. but I realised one of the twin brother keeps coming over to peep at meimei...

CH called me around 11.30, ask me if I give meimei pacifier. I guess she has been cranky due to hunger and tiredness. she didn't eat their food, except her own milk. poor thing...

hope she will be better 2mr.

Hurray,

Your dotter cried awhile this morning when I was in the class with Jonas. She refuse to keep away her bottle so teacher had to take it away from her. Then she cried lor.. Until no choice teacher give her back the bottle and she just stopped suddenly. Hehehe. This morning she said something to me.. But not 'who's coming' lar.. Haha can't hear what she said but she seems happy...

My hubby will be picking Jonas everyday around 3+ latest as he's a sales person, so timing is quite flexible... Btw, where do you stay? I walked all the way from Compass Point this morning as hubby car broke down and will be picking him up later, around 2+.. Will update you on your child later.. hehhehe

Wan,

I didn't know there are twin in the class until this morning.. hahaha.. ALL the kids in PG 1 was crying this morning.. May was carrying your dotter and another one holding her hands.. Wah really 'pei fu' the teachers there. If me, I think will go crazy, all cry at the same time!

May still can smile and wink at Jonas somemore.. Ya, Jonas got a great smile, maybe takes after my hubby. Just this morning, the indian teacher ask him to make a sad face but his sad face like smiling like that. Then teacher said he can't make a sad face because his face is too smiley already. hehehe

Anyways what do you think of the teachers there so far? I overheard one of the teacher there sort of scold the chinese speaking aunty yesterday for mixing up the mattress.. Feels really sorry for her as she keeps apologizing...

Hi Joann,
My gal hasn't got even sleep yesterday and was very cranky this morning. She keeps crying nowadays over the slightest things. Haiz...spoilt by granny.

So funny last night. I ask her if she play with Jonas and refuse to sleep and is it the monster came when phone rang, she was shock. Keep looking at me and keep nodding her head. Then I told her mummy got a spy in sch, so she better behave. Then she gave me a cunning laugh....so funny. Guess she is shock when i say i know what she is doing and can see her from work...hehehe

I stay at Serangoon but my MIL stay at compassvale walk. My hubby is on 1wk leave, so he send and pick her everyday. Next week I'll have to start sending and picking her up. Maybe will bump into you....

Hurray,

Haha.. Yea she's very funny.

I went around 2+ just now.. ALL sleeping like a baby.. EXCEPT jonas.. Took LRT today.. so much faster but have to walk a bit to reach.. Wah weather so hot.. can die man...

joann,

May say meimei only cried abit this morning, compared to yesterday. it is indeed an improvement. she is also taking her noodles today. hope she will like the chicken rice 2mr as she is not as adventurous w new food

May is very experienced with children. she is the reason why I enrolled meimei in CH. one of PG1 student is the branch director's daughter and only May can handle her!

meimei also like the Chinese teacher. not sure about indian teacher and the other teacher cos they dun teach PG1. but the chinese teacher looks fierce to me. I heard her critising her K1/K2 girl for using her 5 fingers to eat rather than 2 fingers, rather loudly, when they were having tea break yesterday. mb that is 'humiliation' technique...the other assistant teachers are too young. can't handle crying kids.

if any of u r picking ur kids same time as me (which I also dunno what time yet until my routine settles down), just let me know I can drop u off at compasspoint as I need to go buangkok c my son. very hot hot weather today, short walk from my place to CH also buah tahan

Wan,

Yup, I do agree that May is very experience and also have a very cheerful face. I joined CH also because she was very welcoming and warm when we went for the open house.

But 'humiliation' technique? haha me never heard of leh.. Does it work?

Going to try to just drop him off and go later.. Need him to get use to it because hubby have to drop him off and go work from Monday onwards. I won't be with him coz have to take care of the small one at home. So really have to let him try today or else Monday my hubby sure die.. Sure late for work..

Joann,
The same thing happen me in the first week. Can't bear to hear her cry and always end up late for work...hahaha. Now i know the tactic is to drop off and go, let her cry for 1-2 min, then if she still can't see me, she'll stop. Now already 3 wks in sch and she no longer cry when we drop her off. Just that keep holding our hands, want us to join her. Maybe I pop by later in the afternoon to check on my gal. I can't believe she manage to sleep in sch without messing around, disturbing the rest...hahaha....Will you be going over later?

Wan,
I also find a few teachers young and inexperience. Only The Indian, Chinese and May are experience. The Indian teaches PG2 which my gal is in and so far so good. My gal started to speak to me in Mandarin, but I couldn't make up what she is saying..hahaha. She said the school teaches her mandarin and was very proud about it.

Hurray,

My hubby was telling me dunno Jonas will start to dislike school because every morning go there like very traumatized like that. LOL. He very sayang this boy. So cry a little he will go in and see one.. So think he will have a bit of issue on Monday LOL

I remembered he cried during the 1st week when I send him to those 2 hr playgroup just down my house.. But after that week when I drop him off, he will still say 'See You!". Today I tried to say the same thing to him before I turn and leave. Doesn't work. Cry very loudly.

So worried that he won't like school anymore. Didn't want to talk about school when I ask him..

Re: Young teachers

Actually I'm pleasantly surprised that one of their young teachers (think her name is Ai Lin or something) seems quite patient when one of the PG 1 children was crying. She was very patient holding and comforting her during the nap time for around 20 mins, pacing around the room, never showing any frustration leh...

Or maybe because I was there thats why :p

Joann,
Just give Jonas a little more time to get use to it. Danessa was also like that in the first few days. She didn't want to answer me when i ask about school. But i think she enjoyed cos' i realise although she didn't mention school, she keep singing new songs, and speak in mandarin. She even try to recite the pledge....

But now i ask her about school, she'll talk a little. BTW, is your son in red yesterday? My gal told me that she snatch 'gor gor's thing. She said from the red colour boy. I think its toy or something..haahhaa

Is that Ai Lin the lady who wear specs with long hair? If she's the one, yes, she is very patient. I do notice that too. Just that she's not very experience in childcare, cos' when you ask her something, she's can't really give you a definite answer..

I went around 8am, settle meimei down and wait for May to come 8.30am.. that should be my routine. will try to rush back to pick her up around 6pm

meimei not gg next mon cos I'm shifting new office, must report to work before 8am before the VIPs arrive...reality sets in...

Hurray,

Wah got pledge one ah.., I didn't know...

Yes, my son was wearing red yesterday.. Guess they can be very good friends lol.. Jonas is always snatching toys from his bro at home, so now is payback time hehehe

BTW.. how old is your dotter? She seems to be able to speak really well. Jonas is June 06 baby, so going to be 3 in about two months time but his speech is slightly delayed.. Coz until now only can say about 2 to 3 words.

Was advised to see a speech therapist by my PD, but was hoping Cherie Hearts can do him some good in that area...

Back