Cherie Hearts - Anchorvale CC

joann,
I see... ya, sometimes really need to be a bit more "hardhearted" and let them cry... after a while they get used to it....

At first I tot since got sibling there, the younger one will be ok. But i guess it really depends on the child... Just hope next yr when my younger boy goes there he wun cry too badly... ;p

tequila,
wow barney... one of my girl's favourite as well... she couldnt decide between barney or pooh, so in the end i ordered a pooh cake for her since its her "more recent" favourite... kekeke...

hi mummies

a little update for today event, kids was so happy with the cake and of course the goodies bag as well and dun woory no candies in the bag....;o)

And, i hugged both Charlotte and kellene today, esp charlotte keep smiling at me but when my hubby wanted to take photo for her, she dun wan to smile lei....maybe my hubby face too ugly liao....hahahah, as for kellene, she abit shy today...hmmm...and for jonas....he wan me to chase after him.....the more i want to hug him, he run....... hahahah...but still managed to catch hold of him and remind him that the extra goodies bag is for didi..so dun snatch from him...heeee

once i have upload the photos will inform ur gals...

good nite and sweet dreams

decnk,
That's me... hhee.. I stayed with her till 4 plus when my hubby came and fetched us.
First half of the day, she was okie coz she saw me around, then after her nap time, she couldnt find me and start to cry and vomit.
Tomorrow, must start my disappearing act.

Joann,
Think I saw you and your family, you arrived before me.

Thanks tequiila for the cake. Ada liked her cake and finished all.

tequila,
hahaha.... Kellene always like to "act shy" when she meets new people.... pretend only lah.... ;p

linda,
Must get yourself prepared... normally its the 2nd day onwards when the crying starts... but i think usually the teachers wld be able to calm them down. And sometimes when the teachers bring the class outdoor for a walk, they feel better....

Joann,
Think this morning I saw Jon crying less liao... An improvment from yesterday...
happy.gif

Tequila,
Thanks for the Goodie bag lolz so good that don't need to store sweets in my fridge. hehe...
Charlotte was so happy with the party hat.

Joann,
Yes I guess Jon Cry lesser today. Just now was observing is he still crying after you left heard no sound so should be ok, pass few days he was crying so badly.. 1 month later will see a happy Jon Walking into school lol.

Charlotte always saw Jonas she will give a sweet smile.

Decnk,
Just oUtdoor walk can make them feel better and distract them from thinking of Mummy. hehe...

Ya, Kellene kept playing with the party hat as well...
happy.gif

She was throwing tantrums and crying last night (too tired i think..), refuse to sleep or let us pat her... in the end, she doze off with the party hat in her hands... kekeke....

Charlotte also refuse to sleep last night, Asked her to keep away the Goodie bag and Hat she refuse and start to throw tantrums, Make me Angry Throw the goodie bag out of the room and she go and pick up i close my room door, don't let her come in unless she keep away and go to bed. In the end she kept them away and come in and sleep. after she attended childcare i became very strict and firm with her hehe.. fierce mummy.

If she never start schooling i think i can't even control her tantrums. Cause she was totally a spoil child when taken care by grandma.

Now she had show lot of improvement and results.

tequila,

Thanks for the goody bags!!! Yest Jonas keep telling me he wanna buy birthday cake lor...

Catherine

Is it? He cry lesser ah? I also dunno leh. Mrs Wee say that he on and off, but when its time to pick him, he will cry badly... aiyahh dunno when its going to end. Wahh when you close the room door she never cry outside ah? If Jonas I think cry until 3 blocks away can hear.

Linda,

How is little Ada today? Better? We must persevere on.... haha

Joann,

Soo he will get use to it lar i believe The activities will make him forget.
Haha she was already cry b4 i throw the goodie bag out when i ask her to put away. since she don't want to move i might as well throw it out.. then she cry very loudly. i close for awhile only.. i open the door again. ask her to pick up and put it away. Now i ask her to stop crying she will obey.. lolz, last time cry like nobody business.

I told her before, i ask her to stop crying means stop crying if she still crying i will throw her out of the house, instead of out of the room..

ai yo.....sure they will cry the moment they saw mummies....same like kyan, it happened yesterday as well, once i open the door and enter, he just cried and hug me......just sayang him abit and he's ok liao...

mummies, i've uploaded the photos to FB liao hor...

Catherine,
At least Charlotte still obey when you ask her to stop crying...

For Kellene, she will cry/scream like a spoilt brat, rolling and kicking everywhere. And if we scold her, she will cry even louder. Sigh... sometimes really dunno what to do with her. Its so tiring to get her calm down when she's throwing tantrums.

She gets to the stage where after a while, she even forget what she was crying for in the first place.... And these few weeks, dunno why it seems to get worst. She will just throw tantrums for no reason, even when no one provoked her. Aiyo, just hope she will get past this terrible two stage soon....

tequila,
I dun hv FB a/c leh... Is there any other way I can view the photos? Is it too many to email me?

Decnk,
Was like this when she just started school as well Now she able to understand and speak more, so i started to make sure she obey. Even she cry or scream i will ignore her until she cannot stand it. I will make her stand at a corner. Until i see her cool down a little then i will start talking to her. Make sure she remember what i said. Till now she can remember why i punish her.

She can even suddenly cry for nothing. when i ask her what happen or ask her to come to me i want to talk to her and she refuse, Fine... either she get out of the room or i get out.

Previously she can even cry and scream before going out always spoil my mood. and i asked her to HOld my hand when walking and she refused.. I said to her if she don't hold my hand we will go home immediately. Then she start to cry and throw tantrums.

I immediately Carry her home. Then she will cry even louder, I will tell her you can continue crying i will not bring you out until you stop all your nonsenses. Let me know when u stop crying.
Of Cos she won't stop, but at least when she cool down abit i will ask her to come to me and start to tell her, I don't want to see her crying before going out. If she do that again i will not bring her out anymore. And Going out must hold my hand if she refuse to hold i will go home immediately.

From then onwards she dare not throw tantrum before going out.

I will tell her just tell me what you want don't need to cry. I will not understand if she don't speak out.

Just recently she cry for nothing again. Throw her out of the room close the door, let her cry for awhile. hehe very bad right?
Then i ask her come in, i told her when i ask her to stop crying means stop, if she cry somemore i will throw her out of the house.

after all this she start to obey my instructions. Once awhile will disobey, when go home she will get her punishment.

Kellene is just like Charlotte they don't know how to voice out what they want so they use crying.and even screaming.

Initially i will shout and scold her.. but now i will keep my cool and just get her out of my sight until i am cool and she also calm down alittle bit to listen to me.

so i guess this is the only way too stop them being a spoilt brat. The more we scold or shout at them she will cty even louder. Only way is to get her to stand at a corner to continue her cry.

I will tell charlotte to stop throwing her temper.

Now when i question Charlotte, why she like mummy, Mummy so fierce always scold her. She will say becos she make me angry. and why mummy angry? she will say becos she cry.
I will ask her so can she cry for nothings? or Throw Tantrums. She will shake her head and say No.
Guess everyone have different teaching ways. But do remember not to Shout when scolding her she more you shout the louder she will cry.

today, ada cried even more compared to yest..think she starts to feel insecurce.. start to look out for me...even i m just in the centre...

Joann,
Jon cried less compared to yest when i saw him, got improvement...

tequila,
can you add me on facebook? [email protected]

today, my fil ganna summon, then a grandfather of a child from CH, came over and told me the CISCO always check one... suay..

Catherine,
Eh u really spot on! Kellene is really behaving exactly like what Charlotte did.... The only difference is: Kellene will not stand at one corner and cry one. She will be kicking and rolling on the floor and cry. And I agree tt it really spoils the mood when she does all that before going out... It makes everyone so fed up and tired that you feel like jus staying at home instead.

We also tried ur method before, ignoring her until she calms down, instead of shouting with her. But this only works when we hv time to wait for her. In the mornings before going sch/work, we really dun hv time for all her nonsense (coz already late for work liao). Guess she is really testing our patience.

We are always in a dilemma... whether to wake her up earlier, so tt we hv time to let her throw tantrums, or to let her sleep a bit longer, so tt she wun wake up cranky...

But really thanks for sharing all these.... at least now we know other kids do such things as well and Kellene is not having some behavioural problems....
happy.gif

Decnk,
Same lar Charlotte also will not stand at one corner and cry she will stamp her feet and cry very loud, can even chase me.

in the morning try not to vent your angry with her after all she just started school at Cherie heart not long give her sometime. Charlotte can cry in the morning until i cannot give her milk when she wake up. after sometime i see her improve then i continue giving her milk in the morning.

But when at home even at night or after dinner you have plenty of time to punish her. After punishing her talk to her. Tell her that you don't want to see her throwing her temper in the morning anymore. Eventually she will stop after you warn her many times.

No problem at least now you know not only Kellen is having behaviour problems...
Is how we control them and control ourselve. Try to allow Kellen to have 15-20mins allowance to wake up. Let her get up by herself instead of waking her up by force.
Wat time she sleep at night? Make sure she sleep early so that she can wake up on time.
Normally Charlotte will sleep at around 9pm.

Catherine,
Ya, its more how we control our temper before trying to control them.... ;p

We normally off the lights by 9+pm, but Kellene won't fall asleep until 10 or 10+pm... depending on how tired she is.

She normally wakes up on her own at 8+am, so during weekdays when we wake her up at 7+, she will be cranky lor. How smooth the morning goes will depend on her mood after she takes her milk.... kekeke... every morning like going to war, so scared to step on her timebomb.... hahaha...

Tequila, Joann,
Do your boys behave like tt as well? Or is it only girls like tt? Hmm... I seem to think my younger boy is more mild than Kellene (touchwood... hope he wun get worse... ;p). Can't imagine next time when he reaches his terrible two stage, and I hv two timebombs to manage in the mornings.... faint!

every morning i wake ada up to go CH, like going to war also... she will be very cranky in the morning but after her afternoon nap, then she will be a happy ger ...

decnk, ur ger is being picked up by grandfather izzit?

Think, overall boys tend to be more active than girl, that's how i feel....my son is just like a monkey...jumping up and down at hm non stop....help....hahahaha

normally, i will kyan get ready to bed by latest 8.30pm and totally knock off by 9pm. Morning, ard 7am he will have his milk and back to sleep for another 30mins or so before getting ready to CH, cos jie jie have to be in school by 7.30 during sch days, if during sch holiday will be slightly late ard 8.30am before daddy goes to work...

Linda,
Ya, her grandfather will pick her up in the evenings... Kellene also like tt lor, cranky in the mornings... even getting her to change to sch uniform is also a struggle if she is in bad mood. Its only after she reaches sch, then she will like suddenly "wake up" and be a happy girl...

Tequila,
Wow Kyan can sleep so early ah... so good...
happy.gif

well trained tequila.. my ada dont sleep early... ard 10pm then sleep.. sometimes even later...

today i start ada on half day..w/o mummy around. she crys a bit then quiet down, but whoever go and touch her, she will start to cry ..she refuses to eat the whole morning until teacher calls me to go and feed her...

linda, dun worry too much...she will get use it....just give her more time to adapt to it...as for kyan, he has been in childcare since 17mths.....that's y, he's trained to be independent

decnik,

Thanks for the star shaped biscuit. Jonas love it! He can't wait to take out and show me after we left Cherie Hearts. I ate some too, so nice!! Where you order it?

Linda,

You are not alone in the war lor. Jon will keep crying from the moment he wear CH uniform all the way to school. Sianz. I wanna train them sleep like kyan also hahaha They sleep like 10++pm every night

good morning mummies.....

decnik, thanks for the biscuit as well, i also wan to know, where to order....

ladies, maybe in the morning when u gals are feeding them with the milk, just tell them this:....baby, later go school lor...then kyan will just nod his head while drinking milk...abit of psycology...hahahaha....give it a try and see how...

as for sleeping...ard 8.30pm i will prepare his milk and let his wear his pajamin...after which...standard procedure....go inside the room drink milk and sleep...that's it...sometimes, he can be quite cheeky and wan to play but the moment the cane is next beside me, he will just lay down and sleep.....hahaha

Good morning!
The biscults are nice? Good to hear that... I haven tried it myself yet. But I really like the whole packaging as well... very sweet!
happy.gif
I ordered from a home baker... her website is: http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/

The kids were very happy when they see us bring in the cake... they jus woke up from their nap then, n were drinking soya bean milk. I took some group photos of them after they finished their cake. They were so excited, all run to me see view the photo after I take each shot... kekeke....

tequila,
telling Kellene tt "she is going to sch" or "we change uniform later ok" while she is drinking milk is a no-no for her... if she hears tt hor, her bomb will explode n she wun even wanna drink milk! hahaha.... those words are so sensitive tt we hv to see her mood later on before we decide when is the most appropriate time to say them... ;p

But I do agree that if she has enuf sleep, everything will so much easier to manage in the mornings... So the challenge is actually to get her sleep by 9+pm....

Linda,
I'm not sure if she is pure chinese.... she looks a bit like those chinese indonesian tai tai kind... ;p

Her place is at Yio Chu Kang, slightly beyond Jalan Kayu. Not too far from CH... I haven tried her cakes yet (Kellene's bday cake was not from her), was thinking of ordering from her next time.

What you planning to order? Cookies?

Hi,
Charlotte missed Kellene's birthday as she was down with fever after Pneumunoccal vaccine.
Today she is back to school slightly better as need to rehearsal so no choice..

thinking of ordering log cake, does she bake???

i stay at fernvale, very near to her place..

anyway, think i email her and ask...

catherine,
Ya I noticed Charlotte wasn't there... But I think Ms Reeya kept some cookies for those children who were not there yesterday. She better today liao?

tequila,
the biscults ranged from $1+ to $2+ each (incl packaging), depending on the designs. For mine, I paid $1.60 each. But I think the pxs increased subsequently as I got her quote few mths back... She did mention to me tt her px increased liao.

linda,
Ya her place is very near to Fernvale...

yup tequila .. or esle i cant afford to acc ada this one week...

today, teacher said ada not the crying type .. better than yesterday... i bring her home to bathe coz she said her private part pain pain ...
proud of my little ada.. think she will settle down soon...

saw some poo on ada's diaper .. but the teacher never change for her .. must feedback to them rite

good to hear that...maybe they just overlook, too many children liao...hahaha

btw, u are in primary or secondary sch? pai sai, this mummy is abit kapo one....haha

morning mummies,

ada down with high fever and cough...got to keep her at home and observe.. think another round of viral fever has strucked.

joann, sorrie cant collect the wetbag from you today.

Hi Linda,
Do start give Ada Vitamin C when she get well, this will help and prevent fever. Not to worry is normal, Charlotte also get sick when she just started School. Even the week b4 she started she already get Sick. and within a week when she started school she get flu and cough as well.

Linda,
Hope Ada gets well soon. Last time when Kellene first went to childcare, she also kept getting fever... think on average, every mth gotta see doc once for fever, and missed sch for almost 1 week each time. It lasted for abt 6 mths then not so frequent after tt.

When she switched to Cherie Hearts (abt 9 mths after she attended the 1st childcare), she start to get cough often instead... not sure if its due to the air con. Think I always hear the children there coughly... probably they spreading to one another.

But we try n give her multi-vits and vic C everyday, to boast her immunity....

wat brand of vit C did u all give??

decnk, kellene starts her CC when she is how old??

catherine, charlotte starts her CC when she is how old?

Linda,
For vit C, i gave Ceelin (its a orange and white box), and multi vits I gave Pharmaton Kiddi Syrup. Both r recommended by her PD. Can buy at Unity, Watsons or Guardian. Normally we buy fr whichever shop tt is cheaper.

Kellene started childcare when she turned 2... think abt the same as Ada right?

Hi mummies,

we are withdrawing Ada from CH, a hard decision for me. thanks for your advice all these while. do keep in contact via msn or facebook or pm me also can.
happy.gif

it is nice knowing one group of caring mummies there.

Linda,
Why give up suddenly? SInce you are into it already just need time for Ada to get use to it.. It will be a little heartaching but if you see the results u will feel proud. Do consider again.

Back