Birthday Cake pics to share

Hi ep,

pls give me the balloonist contact too tks!

Hi GG,

I'm interested in your cupcakes for my gal cele also.
can pm me your charges?

Hi everyone,

Here are my ds bday cakes from Vivian & Mrs Chan - we chose a pirate theme this year
happy.gif

922726.jpg
922727.jpg

CJ_Mum,
The cake is 2kg. Not very difficult to cut the cake. The doll's legs are in the middle.
We just cut from top to bottom
happy.gif
Take out a piece than cut smaller
happy.gif

HI
Balloon Contact :
call kailing 91273226
i must remind u that they are jus some JC students..
they are not professional party pple.. but i think they shld be able to do the job of jus making lots n lots of balloon for the kids.. i met them at a fund raising event.. trying to sell their balloons.. ask them for puffer fish.. very cute..
its abt $50/hr add $10 if u also want face tattoos..
call her n tell them wat u require..
hope tis helps

Hi Mich,

Mini Toons sell various Disney Princess accessories which can easily be converted to decoration for birthday cakes. Mine were originally with wiring and metal clips attached to each princess which I detached before giving to Pine Garden to decorate the cake.

924525.jpg

Wow, look at all the wonderful birthday cakes you all got for your kids? So great that all the cakes came out as per your expectation. I'm so jealous ....

Mine, from Creative turned out like crap .... so miserable...
sad.gif

RMS, dat's surprising cos Ecreative usually produce lovely cakes though can't say much about taste. do u mind to posting your cake picture?

Hi hi,

For the pine garden cake (attached by Piper), anyone know where i can buy the Sesame Street figurines? Think those are from Pine garden rite? Thinkg of buying those figurines separately.

Thanks.

yshu,
I saw the sesame street figurines, not sure if is the kind you want. The material is like rubbery not those plastic right?
Saw 1 box (10 figurines) at $7.90 at a stall setup by a Malay at Yishun Chong Pang, near to the hawker centre. Only left 1 box when I was there last Sun.

The alphabets used for names, are they mashmellow or sweets? Does Pine Garden have them or we need to buy and give them? Where to buy? BIY?? Roughly how much?

Hi hoshi5, i was being charged $25 for artistic charge for a 2 tier cake. So sad. Though pinegarden cake not bad, their services are really bad, not quite up to standard. Yun seemed a bit inflexible. : (

jenny,
the alphabets are from PG. its some icing sugar.. can be eaten i think cos all the kids grab 1 alpahebet to eat. only the marshmellow lollies are bought ourselves.. u can try bake it yrself.. wah..we hv been advertiseing for them.. n they cant even give discount.

jo
i also paid $20. u shld ask them y they dun hv a std artistic charge.. yun also told me $25 but i told her my friends all paid $20... she amended the invoice. Make appt with li keow, she send yun.
another mummy ordered from them last yr, gave them pic of big bird to copy but turn out TOTALLY different.. she was sooo upset..

I think need to take extra 'note' when ordering from Pine Garden - YUN.
I wanted a Barney design and she told me can, will put in a Barney lamination. Then 2 days before, she called me to confirm design. and there's NO barney!.. I was pretty upset and told her that it shld be included. But she says that it's not in the invoice. Then later on, she say can include in the Barney design and I was so relieved.
So I guess, u may need to double-check and confirm ur design with them 2 days in advance!

Hmm, regarding PG cakes. I had my share of horror heart attack encounters with them too. I felt that with Li Keow, she was more sincere n v flexible. Even have cake tasting and sample. Yun... maybe cos their business is very good now, so the attitude was a lot like " you want, you come. Don't like, nevermind".... But maybe with Yun, the design of the cakes are more "updated"? I don't know.. just my own opinion.

but i love one of the design from them leh thus no choice guess would have to resign to my fate haiz.
ep, do u think if u would to help me plc the order , it would be diff? Since u ever deal wif her b4 n is successful. : ) btw, who's li keow?

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the info. Juz thot of finding more in case some other children asking for the figurines. Heehee..

Juz ordered from Pine Gdn, Yun for my boy's 1st year bday. Guess better make sure the invoice is clear enuff to avoid any disappointments. Dun want the colour to come out to be pink...heehee :p

Jo,
I was charged $20 for artistic charge for my 1st gal's cake, that time I talked to Li Keow.
I'm liasing with Yun this round for my 2nd gal's cake, in the email, she said is between $15-$20.

ep,
Thanks for the details for the alphabets. Cos I find PG wordings not consistent, sometimes turn out q ugly, so I dun intend to get them to "write" a single word on the cake! Intially I wanna order from Smiling Orchid cos they have the theme design that I want. Check with PG, Yun replied me saying Li Keow said PG can do it. I'm a bit worried if the design turns out ugly after reading some comments abt Yun. Or perhaps I should stick back my order with Smiling Orchid.. hmm.... I already send PG my cake design, but not yet confirm the order. I'm still struggling... cos I find PG cake sweet, Smiling Orchid is not lor.

hazey,
I agreed, LI Keow is more sincere and flexible. I like her service.
Actually I find PG cake ok lah (being a neighbourhood bakery shop), not as great as some claim to be. Or perhaps I'm getting sick of their cake taste haha...

jenny
i heard smiling orchids cake are quite gd!
i agree PG is ok .. like u say neighbourhood bakery.. but they do hv lots of write ups.. i find their trip choc rather blend.. Triple choc sounds gd but its jus choc cake.. their cake designs are nice.
happy.gif

if i had a bigger budget, i wld go for the pattisier.. ten thumbs up for the cake quality..

Hi everyone,

This time i get lucky! I called up PG to order n its Li Keow who answer the phone, i tell her my case n she readily take down my order and charge me $20 artistic charge for the cake . :)> I must say there is really a big diff in terms of service provided by Yun n Li Keow. Advice to all, pls speak to Li Keow if ordering from PG. :)
Hi Hazey & Jenny, me2 agree wif u that LI Keow is more sincere and flexible. I like her service too!:)

Hi,

I jus ordered my gal 1st birthday cake from PG oso.. Found their service gd..not sure who is Yun or Li Keow..I ordered from a lady n she write and draw out my req clearly..very friendly.. she charge me ac for $20.. I ordered lychee martini n triple choc for my cake.. Most of my frends like lychee martini rather than triple choc..

ep,
I tried Smiling Orchid cake. I think for elders, they will like it cos it is not sweet as compare to PG cake. Their design is great! Really pei fu them for the pooh theme I ordered from them lor. But q costly.

I've ordered my cake with PG cos I wan the orange zest for the cake. Really hope they can do a good job this round cos I wanna a pooh theme.
Chan Yun charged me $25 for artistic charge this round.

jenny
u can tell yun tat all yr friends got it for $20.. then hopefully she will amend yr invoice..
happy.gif

I just ordered my cake from PG, initially Yun quote me $25 but when she firm up my order she said $20, i got a shock though cos i need to put 2 names for the 3D icing, and cutomise the design, I can say that she had been helpful, as i keep browing the pics here and can't make up my mind and been emailing her, calling her etc...Will be seeing my cake this sat. will be posting uo the pics too...cheers

ep,
Is ok lah, $5 difference only... Anyway, I asked Yun if I can order oneh oneh for my party also and she said ok hee hee... I like the oneh oneh. Weird to have it as dessert?? But I dun care cos I wanna eat.

Anyway, I got to self collect cos Yun said delivery time is between 4 to 6pm. I'm holding the party at my god bro's place and the function room is only available after 6pm and my god bro not at home.

talk abt ondeh ondeh, hear say there is 1 popular shop at toa payog lor 7.. u can chk it out n let me know if its really gd. tel 62506995.
happy.gif

cookie - nope.. both were milk chocolate ganache which is a combi of milk chocolate and cream. so it's creamy n chocolatey at the same time. it's not a hard layer, it's creamy creamy.

the cake is quite pricey but i guess cos it's handmade decor. the first cake is 70 per kg (cos it's only insects n flowers), second cake is 100 per kg (cos of the angels)

The cake which i order is strawberry cake, with strawberry jam and strawberries in it, not too sweet.Great for kids. my cake is 1 kg $40 (exclude the fairy figurine). I reckon its worth the price. And Imina took in my last min order (a day before I need the cake)

mich: for a moment i tot the cake looks familiar, as the mashmallows are Imina's signature. then u were saying abt Pine garden etc. i told myself cant be from Pines.
happy.gif

imina's cakes are freshly baked. and her cakes arent sweet. just nice, light and refreshing.
happy.gif

i can only say thumbs up!

I've ordered Barney Cake from Primedeli. It's chocolate sponge cake with truffles filling. I've spent about $100 for the 2.5Kg cake and extra $6/kg for the fillings. But it's worth it. Both the adults and the children love it! Second helping in all. It's perfect and not too sweet.
946120.jpg

Dina,

I agree with you...I ordered a few times from Prima deli,nice cakes, it's definitely worth it to topup fillings, what u pay is definitely very well worth for the amt of strawberry they put in.

Back