Birthday Cake pics to share

These are from cupcake-momma, somehow i find tat the creativity is not there compared to those on her website. I ordered these for my son's bday.

963589.jpg

963590.jpg

Fun,
I agreed with you. That's why I'm disappointed when I ordered for my friend's bday. Some more I chose the design shown in her web leh.

Jenny

Me too leh, asked for the designs they had on the website.. i think the price i paid for each realli too high liao. The design on the link has got so many cute stars and flower decors and yet mine onli got dots. I just saw the shop owner mentioned on her webpage tat she dun like ppl copying her cupcake pics to other places.. maybe she know i pasted her pic here.. she not happy.. jsut trying to share what she has wat rite.. wrong meh.. ??

fun: u hve the very right to share the pics.. thats not copying. There isnt any copyrights to her cupcakes lehz. but frankly, if such cupcakes are being given to ppl as gift, i am sure i will be really embarrassed.

i have seen many nice pics of her cupcakes.. guess either its nt that real after all or maybe that day PMS lor.

fun,
i hv also seen her website.. they all look so pretty n inspiring.. after seeing yr cupcakes..yr designs are too plain.. i dun think she has any excuse for the plain works.. she shld upkeep her design standards.. we hv every rights to post our cake designs.... :p

Hi all,

Basically i told them on my email is wat to write on cupcakes and flavours as i already told her verbally tat i will like to have the design on their website (their website design even got flower and star sugar decors!!) so i just leave it to them for the creation, i also nv tell them to use ONLI white Cream for words and all Green for the standard 'alden is 2' cakes lor.. very disappointed when i saw it.. i guess this is a once and for all thingy and realli not cheap compared to those nice nice $1.90 cupcakes.. paid almost Doubled of it.

Hi Fun,

I got bad experience with her as well. Wanted to get cupcakes for my daughter's first birthday but after she replied my first sms/email, she seem to disappear into thin air. Thereafter, all means to try to reach her failed.

There was not even a word from her to say whether she can undertake my order or not! I wonder if this is the way to conduct a business.

End up, I ordered a 1 kg cake from Pine Gardens with beautiful butterflies & flowers which received praises from my friends. Maybe it was a blessing that she did not reply to me!

Piper

Intially told them tat i need to slot in birthday labels in the cups so requested them not to fit the cupcakes in the cups before my arrival.. but the very last evening she sms me saying they have tight schedule cannot wait for me to fit in the labels have to put in cupcakes first. But when i reach there, the owner is in her sleeping gown talking to someone (keep looking at me while she talks) and the assistant just came out to show me the cakes den i just pay and left. Not very tight schedule after all.

Hi, sorry to side track... I am interested in the agar agar figurines... can I have the contact details please, thanks!

Fun,
Aiyo I think mine is better than yours, at least mine still got flowers. Yours really too ex liao for such plain design.
She dun like ppl to share designs, then how to have more business. Business spread by mouth mah. Maybe she scares ppl doing cupcakes copy her design lor. Anyway I feel her design recently not much creative liao.
When I went to collect that time, it's her hb who passed me the cupcakes. Din see her.

Piper,
Aiyo MIA like that, leaving you hanging in the air. I more lucky, maybe tat time I ordered from her, not many ppl know her (last year) and her website not up yet. I got prompt reply from her via email.
I saw she opens a business thread here but din follow up. I almost take hers for my younger gal full mth, but my mum dun like her package (only 2 cupcakes like so stingy if give to relatives). I asked her to quote me price for package for 4 cupcakes, she said she dun do.

Jenny,

Luckily all eaten up liao.. if not see liao 'eyes faint ah' in cantonese. When i ask the assistant how come so plain, she told me no space. I now make sure her blog filled with my comments ah!

Fun,
where did you read that the shop owner mentioned she dun like ppl copying her cupcake pics to other places? which link?

nyssa: yes i ordered. but i never ask her $/kg before. she quote me total, i just pay. if i remember is 35/kg. i ordered durian and 2 other flavours. Durian is more ex. u can always call her to find out her prices.

here's wat i ordered before...
1. 1 yr old bday cake - 3kg Peach Fresh cream + toy figures (S$ 115)
2. 1 yr old bday cake - 1kg Durian (S$ 45)
3. Bday Cake - 1kg Chocolate Fudge (S$ 35)

The cake pic for 1&2 is on the 1st few post of the thread.
happy.gif

Hi Jo

I got this same mushroom house cake 3 yrs ago when my daughter turned 1.......she was just with me when we saw yr cake photo and she exclaimed, hey same as me!

sowie

hehe, wow ur gal is 4 years old now ?
happy.gif

i was still telling hb coffee bean birthday cake is something new..looks like i gave him wrong info =p

was it the same price also 3 yrs back..if u can remember..

was thinking how come the price so low compared to even prima deli & bengawan solo

hi, I ordered cupcakes from imida before. Taste and looks good. Just order a cake from her. Hee.. seeing all the good feedback.. I really cant wait to see mine. But I tink she just increase price (issit??) cos she charge me $45/kg. Will post up my pix when I recd. :)

Hi Jo

Yes, it was ard S$55-56......dun think the pricing moved much.....

This cake is actually aesthetically nice, but taste wise is so so...we had trouble cutting the cake cos it was too dry and hard...maybe we took the banana walnut one (???)....can't remember...

Cofeebean has another one....it's a choc cake in star shape....with white choc rosettes....it's very yummy!

Coffee bean i heard 3 tiers/2 tiers very reasonable priced. but its sweet if i am nt wrong. I am thinking to get for my girl's 2nd bday this oct.

the durian and peach is light and refreshing. nothing heavy. the durian she uses is good, and compared to emicakes durian, her is amazing light and nt heavy.

chocolate fudge is so so... i would suggest to give it a miss.

i am still waiting of 10th oct to order from imina or coffee bean.

Hi... saw some disgruntled posts about cupcakemomma or something. Here's someone else who does very very nice cupcakes! I'm ordering from her for my girl's birthday. She posts regularly on what she's been coming up with for customers... so I think should be quite OK.

http://mengchoo.livejournal.com/

Hi all,

My boy's birthday is coming and this year, I am thinking of a Disney Car theme. In fact, I had already bought all the deco..

Can anyone let me know where to get Disney Cars birthday cake? Can't seem to find any...

sowie

hehe, i am eyeing on the star one next time round, it looks yummy and u have confirm it !
happy.gif

yupz, i ordered banana like u but ok to cut leh..quite nice when i microwave it for bfast the next day in fact..i dun like cold cake in the morn

carole

ok lah, not sweet unless u eat with the sugar paste..i agree the 2 tier and 3 tier very reasonably priced
happy.gif

Fun, oh dear, the cuppies that you ordered look sooo..... ...... plain. Sorry to add fuel to fire, but really unacceptable std to me, esp from the cupcake mama! All the creations in her blog look sooo good and marvellous! Well, thanks for letting us know! Seems like she dun really care for more business. Maybe to the more seasoned bakers like her, she will put more effort into weddings etc where she will receive more publicity?

anyone know where can find thomas the train decor?? thanks!
happy.gif
I know its irrelevant in here but I am hving TTT cake for my DS so want to get him some TTT decor too.

this is my son's 2nd birthday cake from 7th Manna...a very tasty and light chocolate cake that is also not too sweet.

1005640.jpg

Jenny, I managed to buy some TTT figurines over the weekend, pass to Yun Chan to decor a TTT cake..hope everything will be fine for my cake!

huh? self collect ar? but my schedule kinda of rush leh coz got to collect lots of thing having BBQ party at downtown east...
sad.gif

btw, do you have any invoice or receipt prior to the delivery? I only have one order number... so the instructions officially written where? no need ar?

celyw,
just saw yr party is on fri ah? If Fri, I think is ok lah. But if weekend, then better opt for self collect. I saw my friend's one, felt so wasted cos the cake so nice.
If you ordered via email, there should have a order #. If not, you should have invoice #.

thnx jenny, all i have is one order no., nothing else no black and white of whatever or how much... but i guess its is normal of PG.

Anyone need Number Candles?
I hv extra Nbr 1, gf has Nbr 2&3..
pls pm me if interested .. from bakery Crafts.. only hv the Stripe ones..
1008762.jpg
1008763.jpg
1008764.jpg

Back