Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

Hi Catz, the one i bought got some nice scent one leh. Mine also since my #1. I find my tummy very "er sin". I realise those stetch marks creme no use at all one.

Nicole, aiyah I give up on fighting stretch marks already.. anyway now no time.. one on TBF and the other one is an active tod! :p

Phy, the infant care which Pinkzebra has mentioned is called Wellinton Infant Care is at Blk 338. They also have child care service too.

Catz,which brand of breast pump you use huh? i am thinking of Avent but dont know good anot?

Nicole, if you want CHEAP.. then Avent manual is the best manual around. However if you want electric, then go for Medela.. esp the Pump in Style advance.. it's pricey but good for the long run. Much better than the flimsy single elctric pumps. Depends on how heavy duty you need.
happy.gif
Avent electric pumps are really good but even more exp than the Medela PIS.

does anyone knows how long does a manual pump takes to pump out all the milk on one breast?

I found out from medela's sales promoter that the electric pump takes 20-30 mins on each side...

does anyone knows how long does a manual pump takes to pump out all the milk on one breast?

I found out from medela's sales promoter that the electric pump takes 20-30 mins on each side...

Nicole, no prob.. think it's prob better to go for Avent esp if you're using their bottles and teats.

miracle, welcome! yay, you're nearer to me at ave 4! woohoo! think a manual can be about the same speed depending on whether your hand gets suan or not
happy.gif

hi sandy and belle,

I stay at block 439. quite close by. I have a little boy who is coming to 4 years old in April and due for my second kid in June - a little girl.

Jess,
we very near each other. How do u handle sudden change of life with bb? I realise I totally cannot adopt the change and role as a mother . Eight month already still wish i have turn back the time and choose nt to have BB.

Sandy
happy.gif
I thought I was the only one feeling like that. feeling guilty about it but suppose i am not the only one. maybe when they come along we'd adapt?
happy.gif

hi catz, i see..wah..if i were to continue breast feeding, then i have to 'train' my arm muscles in office...cannot imagine man..hehe

Sandy, ur remarks made me start to worry leh..i also worry whether i can handle the baby or not..this is going to be my first baby..really worry how to handle the fragile lil precious for the first few months....

miracle,
it is alot of struggle. Can u imagine your friends ask u out but you always have BB to think of . Eg carry BB out or ask somebody to take ? Maybe because most of my friends still nt married and I am only 25 this year.

Alot of time sarcrific and compromising with HB. Some HB like mine very reluctant to help until u really break down then he comes to help.

During confinement, must endure alot of remark be it good or bad. And alot of nonsense like cannot eat this and that etc which some conflict with what Motherhood magazine written.

I strongly encourage u to get your HB involve in buying BB clothes, attend parenting class. My HB and I never done the above therefore my HB was a bit reluctant or don't how to help . He don't even dare to carry BB the 2nd day he is born until his mother force him to in the hospital and he is also to learn to help take care of BB.

Last but nt least, make full use of your time now to go out with your friends and let your friends know that they cannot expect u to be able to go out as and when they like anymore.

miracle, yah tt's why usually if u wanna pump for a long time, it's recommended u go for medela PIS or ameda lactaline. these are the 2 good dual electric pumps
happy.gif

welcome jess!!

sandy, out of my group of friends, i got married the youngest and now i'm a mom of 2 and the rest of them are still swinging single.. so there's quite a wide gap btw us now.. having a baby is very difficult at times, esp when u don't hv help or get stupid comments or when bb just doesn't stop crying.. what's impt is tt u ask for help if you need it and try to get some time for yourself, yah?

2nd one is lagi tough.. i am doing one-woman show for night feeds and my hb is sleeping in another room 'cos he needs his rest.. very shack.

sandy, ic...now i understand ur situation...25 is young, i cannot imagine how to handle a baby at that age. i have a fren who gave birth at 25 and I'm just amazed by how she handle her motherhood coz she still goes out with frens with her baby. she breastfeeds anytime anywhere even at cafes...

anyway for me, i'm more or less 'alone' too coz my HB is out of the country most of the time. But when he is ard on weekends, he does participate in buying BB stuffs and attending the antenatal classes..so i have come to terms that this is his job nature,i guess i will just try to handle the best i can
happy.gif

Mummies,
sometime I find it unfair to push all responsibilities to mother . In this modern world, we cannot rely on 1 person to bring $$ home so WE have to go earn $$ too. When come to child bearing , WE already suffer 10 mth of physical toture some even mental so do after child birth ( no freedom , no rest).
What do MAN do ?? After implanting their stupid "worm" and have pleasure, they just wash their hand off and leave US alone to suffer.

When u call for HELP .. their reply will be I AM TIRED, CAN"T U SEE I AM BUSY ? SIMPLY IGNORE or worst DO IT UNWILLINGLY.

When u complain , they will bring their MCP attitude out. Some turn violent & some just being fierce.

The above is the typical Singaporean attitude. I, ME & MYSELF ( Self Centered). Of course, there still very rare species of HB who is both capable of earning more than enough and caring. They are most willing to sacrifice to just make your life better and will always put U and FAMILY inside their BUSY agenda.

Which category do your HB belong to ?

1. Family Man who mostly is the sole-bread winner
2.Just want a woman that can FOC have release
3.Want BB but run away from responsibility

Conclusion, that is why MOST Singapore Women so reluctant to give birth. ( Just a comment )
happy.gif

Hi Sandy, i am a mummy when i was 20yo, now my gal is 8yo (now you should know my age liao hehehe :p) and i am pregnant 16 weeks with my #2. I can understand how you feel as it is not easy to be a mummy at a young age cos when most of your friends are swinging single, clubbing away, you have to stay home take care of baby. No denial before i was pregnant i still go clubbing or go out dine with my friends. I will talk to my hubby first whenever i want to go out, he is always fine with the idea as long as dont make it too often. I also very "auto" lah see him alone at home take care of our gal, i also feel bad mah. All along he is those homely type, cant push him to go out also.So bo bian i have to compromise.Think of it this way, sooner or later all your friends will get married and have their own families, do you think they still have so much time to hang out etc, i doubt so thou.

Most importantly, a couple needs to talk and sort things out when come to a problem, agree? I always talk to my HB when i dont find things right. Even after being a mummy, i dont believe in 24/7 stay home and look after kids, we still need some time of our own, do things we like.

As for my HB, he belongs to no 1. Family Man who mostly is the sole-bread winner.

hi mummies hv been following thread but no time to post :p

sandy & jess,
yeah we are quite close
happy.gif
jess think u are near teck ghee sec..last time my younger sis used to study at the kindergarten at 435 i think..so i guess both use the other mkt near macdonalds rite?

catz,
bo bian le..MIL ard...not supp to drink water rite..i sip abit liao..anyway i tot hosp gave water..why cant i drink water at home..must die die stick to red dates tea meh? haiz..these confinement rules are really contradictory sigh.

Nicole,
U very fortunate to have no 1 category HB. My HB belong to No. 3 .

he nt that type talk already will absorb and ACTION fast. Take for example asking him to quickly do a name transfer for his existing flat with his grandfather so that we can have a flat of our own. He took MONTHS to process and I have to NAG...

About 24/7 at home with BB, Sad to say I don't have time if BB is to be squeeze into 24/7. 8 hour work, 4 hour study , 5-7 hour sleep, maybe 2 hr or less BB . See no time for self and even do revision. Haiz

belle, my MIL asked me why I don't follow cf rules.. I told her 'cos they don't make sense lor. Drink so much sweet stuff.. I already hv PCOS, pre-disposed to diabetes.. I don't want to get diabetes full blown!

sandy, I agree with Nicole.. must talk things out with hubby. My hb is sole breadwinner and family man too..

Belle & Catz, Why they all say confinement must drink red dates tea becos they afraid if we drink water, we will suffer from water retention- sui zhong then we become puffy puffy liked that. In fact water retention is also partly the cause of weight gain. I dont know how true lah but my #1 i drink red dates tea, sip abit of water on and off lor if not how, sure kana constipation.

Catz,
beside red dates added what else did your MIL put ? You can ask her don't put sugar . That time my mother add some other things too but that is for my wound to heal faster.

Sandy, i guess your HB belongs to those "nua" type. When asked to do something, he tends to drag and drag.In fact most men are liked that lah when come to do something. Sometimes my HB also, i will nag at him.

When will your course end? Actually if you have a young kid at home, it is very difficult for you to pursue a course thou it is good to upgrade yourself.After your course ends, make sure you have the time for your baby and yourself. It is not easy for mummies liked us to juggle between work, family and study. If i am you, i cant do it at all. The most is only work and family, not more than other things.

well-said nicole...

My hubby also the nua type...i had to asked him to hand the laundry after washing...if not he can sit there looking at his computer without noticing that the laundry is done and there's no more boiled water...whenever i asked him, he will tell me he is busy with this and that and he will do later....then he will FORGET..

but i realised that as long as i dun start to shout at him...and if i just keep quiet and ignore him later, he will 'wake up' and do those chores.

Usually i find men will give in to soft 'suaning' approach rather than the forced approach...

nicole i drank red dates solely...then graduated to milk/ prune juice (constipation) then ribena heheh..now still take red dates la..told MIL too ma fan no need i secretly took some water oredi..brush teeth liao at nite still drink sweet stuff aiyo

sandy,
if u are talking abt red dates tea , can put longan to sweeten it, some ppl put hei zao (black dates) too..

Belle, do you engage a post-natal massage lady? i am thinking of getting one leh cos i am dying to get back into shape after due. I saw a few good recommendations from this forum but dont know whether they are really that good anot?

nicole
i got help from my coll who knows massage didnt engage 1 le... but i do know of rec fr forum... heard recently got 1 of them always play pp out last min didnt turn up

miracle,
u preggy now? or pop liao? both u can drink, just dat its good to qu feng & bu xie...

Miracle,
if u are going to POP soon , can drink a bit of coconut ( cool body down so that BB won't be "Heaty). But not too much of cold drinks and "Liang" stuff cos my cousin POP 1 mth early because she ate too much "liang" food that day .

Nicole,
my course is ACCA-Professional Accounting qualification. I am trying to complete fast so that I can earn more and also have more time for my BB so I am actually struggling.. time so precious for me.

sandy,

i m opposite le..my bb full term no signs of popping..i take ice kachang...max 2 coconuts & coconut jelly in a wk + icecream hehe..
heard the coconut can give bb a cleaner 'head'??? or cleaner bb la..duno which is which..

Belle,
you stretch over a week is ok. My cousin is within a day. She told me suddenly bleeding then admit hospital but haven dilate got to wait. Wait for over 12 hour then ready to give birth..

sandy
wah...me popped 40 wk + 1 day lor my bb bday same as my wedding anni hee.
i got no symptoms..no show, no contractions, no dilate..therefore i induce on my EDD 11/3 took me 16 hrs! my dad very confidently say its MY AGE
sad.gif

Belle,
Hi 5 !! My BB born same Date as my customary...
Hmm.. I think is size , age and whether u got exersie or nt. I am thin, 24 and I have been walking about beginning till end of pregnancy or maybe I can really endure pain . Conlusion,
It depend on individual.

sandy
wa! hee my rom also same day.. funni hor chun chun this day :p

i walk n shop a lot 1st 2 trimesters, 3rd not so much cos feet pain liao i m 10 yrs ur senior no wonder la haiz!

Belle,
I see. I got very bad leg swelling near the end of pregnancy. The doc suspect I got High Blood Pressure but I don't have. Just purely water retention. LOL

Sandy, I have NOTHING to do with my MIL. We barely see them (unless they die die come and visit us).. my hb cannot tahan his mother 'cos she is a bit mental, say a lot of stupid things. So my cf first time was handled by my mother (not really confinement lah, just eating nutritious food) and this time, my hb did cf for me
happy.gif

Still carrying around a lot of excess weight.. aiyoh 2 kids, dunno whether got time to do exercise to slim down :p

Miracle, how much weight you have put on so far?

Catz, others also said after 2nd one normally takes longer time to slim down. But if you can do it within 6 months, that wtill be perfect.Breastfeeding is also another way to slim down but i guess i tend to eat more when i breastfeed, i got the experience from my #1.

Hi Nicole,

So far I've put on abt 10kg... yesterday was at the gynae's...Baby is abt 1.2kg @ 27 weeks+, so i hope my weight will be under control
happy.gif

From ur experience, do u think the post-natal massages will help to slim down faster other than breast feeding?
happy.gif

miracle,
put on weight slowly so that your body won't stretch too fast else will have stretch mark.
Nobody teach me ... so I only know that red line is call stretch mark when it started appearing and i am also LATE in applying stretch mark cream

Nicole, same as you.. I keep a lot of fats when I bfeed. When I finally weaned my son at 10 months, I lost 3kg straight away! I eat like a COW when I nurse lor.. scary. Acherly, I eat like an NS boy.. mountains of rice and all!

miracle, 10kg is OK lah.

Never went for postnatal massages.. too broke! Heh.

Miracle, my #1 i never engage any post-natal massage services, that's why at that time my flabby tummy still there for quite a while. That's why this time i want to try cos i heard alot of good comments about it.
Anyway now for me any stretch marks cream also no use liao cos i already have a lot when i had my #1 so the "markings" still there :p. Give up hope long ago.

Belle, Sandy, Catz, Miracle, do you all still remember how long will the triple test result will be out huh? On the day you did the test itself or must wait? i am going for mine this wed, hopefully can see the gender of my baby.. *pray hard is a BOY*

Back