Any MTB staying at Ang Mo Kio

Sandy, yeah...i prayed hard no stretch marks on me! but according to my gynae..no matter what i apply or how expensive the stretch mark cream is...if my mum has it, i will kena no matter how.. probably now i juz hope i dun gain too much too fast lor, i keep telling my little girl inside not let mummy have any stretch mark...hope it works somehow..heheh

Catz, I'm surprised! i tot breastfeeding is supposed to help to lose weight faster....thanks for the caution...anyway i also dunno how long i can tahan breastfeeding coz i may need to go back to work after 2 months.. still waiting to negotiate with my boss..

Nicole, i din take the triple test..i took another one called the Oscar instead...the results of the baby is almost immediate, but the blood test result took about 3 days.

Wish u good luck with a Prince
happy.gif
keep us informed of ur results ok
happy.gif

nicole,

i cant really rem. but i dun think its the SAME day..i took triple test the 70% accurary one..
wait not long..abt 3-7 days..
if boy can see as early as 4 mths..girls take longer cannot see birdie hee..

Miracle, dont worry too much about stretch marks. As long as when your tummy is itchy, try tahan not to scratch it.Put olive oil or moisturizer. My mum also says the more you scratch the more it gets. Anyway my mum gave birth to 3 of us, her tummy is liked tofu so smooth, stretch marks free. When she saw mine, she kept saying why yours so awful hehehehe. It is not true that if your mum dont have it, you will not get it.Look at my case
sad.gif

Actually all these depends on your skin type. If you are fair (light pigment), your stretch marks will go off quickly or if have also wont be obvious. Mine belongs to those tanned sort (dark pigment)if i go under the sun i will get dark very fast lor. That's why if i have insect bites scars or stretch marks, it will be difficult for them to go away
sad.gif

I will keep all of you all posted when i come back for my appointment on wed..

Nicole,
I not sure when result out cos my gynea and my HB is neighbour . Gynea clinic & his shop side by side so result out they straight away inform my HB.
But 1 thing sure is they will show u result in your next visit.

Nicole, I did the OSCAR also.. test was in the morning and results came in by 4pm, if I'm not wrong.

miracle, bf makes u lose the excess weight at first.. then after that, alamak.. but diff ppl got diff experience. Some ppl are really skinny when bf.

Catz, your milk supply alot anot? Do you start feeding when you are still in the hospital or after you have discharged? I already bought the Avent Muanp Breast Pump liao during the Taka Baby Fair last weekend and Avent milk bottles as well. It is quite cheap compared to normal times. So my HB suggested we buy first lor

Nicole,
the nurse there normally ask u to breast feed straight after delivery if u can. First few day no milk . I used Pigeon manual pump, but I think I pump to much so it break. I heard Medela pump nt bad..

Sandy, yah i read from other threads also, they said the 1st 3 days of the breast milk is the most nutritious. My #1 i breastfed for a month then i gave up liao, she was very eager and impatient keep sucking very hard and made my nipps sore. Guess milk from mummy's breasts dont flow as fast as the teats :p

Morning Everyone, i went for my usual monthly scan and Triple Test yesterday. My little precious was not so co-operative during the scan, kept sleeping facing downwards. Legs also closed. Luckily, Dr Joycelyn Wong very patient, trying to wake the baby up, kept talking to him. Suddenly my baby seemed to find something disturbing him, he shifted his position to another side of my womb. During the shift, Dr Wong managed to capture the image and saw his BIRDIE. I asked her was she sure. She said Yes. She looked again at the captured image and said that confirmed is a BIRDIE. So is a BOY.

I was so happy but yet scared also cos the position which the baby lies at first cant shown at all , it was only that split seconds he moved his position.His legs moved apart then Dr Wong captured the image. Hope the next visit i had with Dr Wong, my baby is co-operative lor
sad.gif

Congrat Nicole !!! Last year this time, I also went for detailed scan but I am nt as lucky as u to see BIRDIE . The doctor took an hour plus to scan and in the end the result sent to my clinic is No male genital found Supect female. Even during monthly visit also the same. only till 2 week b4 labour then my gynea manage to capture. Haha he always tease us, what a CONFUSE patient. Even at the day of delivery he also don't dare to say congratuation u got a BB BOY !! until he really saw the Birdie.. wahaha

Sandy, your boy boy also closed his legs huh? Actually i heard of cases people having a boy during the scan but when delivered that day is a girl. That's why your gynae dont dare to confirm so much with you till the day of delivery, he saw the real BIRDIE.Hehehehe.

hi

Im staying in AMK too! My gynae is also Dr J Wong and my ger was delivered by her too!! Oops, sorry din read carefully, Im not a MTB
lame.gif
but mummy to a 4mth old little ger
happy.gif

Thanks Nicole!! I am staying at amk ave 4. Congrats to you too, so nice to have 1 girl and 1 boy
happy.gif
It's so sweet to be a pregnant mummy again, kinda miss that feeling.

hi bestwishes, i'm also a mummy in AMK, so it's not just confined to MTBs here
happy.gif
I'm at Ave 4 too! My girl is 2 months old and my toddler is 2 years old
happy.gif

congrats Nicole!! Glad you saw a clear birdie
happy.gif

bestwishes, you can try to be mummy again when your gal grows slightly older than now. Your gal also delivered by Dr J Wong huh?
How is her stitching skills huh since i am opting for natural birth so i better ask. I heard some of my colleagues shared their painful experiences. My previous experience was a good one but my gyane retired liao.

Catz, thanks. I am praying real hard the info given by Dr Wong is correct. Anyway i will be going for my detailed scan end of April, by the time guess more or less can be more confirmed. I am trying to convince myself also mah :p

ya nicole, agree with catz..when doc wong did scan for me..she immed says most prob girl cos no birdie mah..she even said if birdie very obvious on :p

so u can go buy BLUE colour clothes for your boy? hee

belle, i guess i have to wait after my this temp job assignment end first before i go shopping. Every evening come back home from work already half dead liao, weekend have to do housework. No energy. Hee Hee.. How's your baby Chloe? (hope i did not get her name wrong) must be very cute now.

Nicole, you do the housework?! Waaaah.. you're amazing. I hv a part-time cleaner who does the cleaning but I do laundry and cooking/washing up lah.

Went to AMK Hub last weekend.. not enough parking spaces! If you get in late, you'll end up queuing on the spiral down into the carpark for ages! Not very child-friendly 'cos the nursing/baby room isn't ready yet :p Nothing much to eat either.

Anybody got any good makan places in AMK to recommend? So sick of Hongkong St Chun Kee at Mayflower side already..

Hi Nicole
Don't worry! Dr J Wong is very accurate on her scanning skills! During my 16 weeks, she scanned the gender of my ger very accurately.
Her stitching was very good! I delivered my ger 11pm, next day I could go to the washroom w/o any help! I could walk around freely, attended the babycare course, even took a short bath. My friend was even amazed that I could cross my legs while taking my meal
lame.gif

Dr Wong was very encouraging during my labour , really grateful to her for the smooth delivery of my bb. She's v pro on natural birth and also breastfeeding. Last time I've contemplated the idea of induced labour and even c section but she dissuaded me out of instead she keep encourage me to wait till natural birth
happy.gif

During the routine checkup in the hospital, she's v patient and staying longer to teach me on breastfeeding. She's really very very nice, miss her so much
lol.gif

wow..what temp job are u doing now? Must be very tiring! Kudos to the working preggie mummies!

Hi catz
I just came back from amk hub, so much things to shop! I agreed, parking is a hassle over there! Even i went there in the early afternoon, there's still carpark queue
lame.gif
Actually have u been to the 1st or 2nd storey?, u walked till almost the end, there's a few baby shops like cerisi, foxbaby, mums&babes & others baby clothes store.
I went to the top storey, they have some childcare, enrichment courses etc! The foodfare is still under construction.
I've brought a few items for my ah ger today
lol.gif

But there's some nice resturants like subway, pepper lunch, new york new york, sticky rice etc, not so bad.
Frankly speaking, Im also sick of AMK food, I think one of the popular ones are Botak Jones but u must be a very patient person lah..

nicole u are rite on my girl's name hee. she ahh haiz notti la..put her in the cot her eyes big big..only when u cradle her then she will zz like a piglet ! next sunday will be her 1 mth old liao..

catz,
u take beef? though i've been staying in amk since 7 yrs old, i only went once to this coffeeshop to eat the beef noodles..its blk 26x opp the crab beehoon coffeeshop. think for $3 u can get wholesome beef noodles not bad le..only open in the day time i think..

the other day my gf went to SIN MING blk 20+ to eat xian cai ya soup..i hvnt tried it, accdg to her its FAMOUS one le..sorry again i duno which blk urm its below a hdb block (very long blk she says) so if u drive can drive there makan till shiok la! me ahh now having CONFINEMENT FOOD super sian liao!

Stimes for food me & hubby will go chomp chomp, thomson, tpy..nearby places lor..if drive can drive ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE la too bad i dun drive hehe.

oh oh can go thomson plaza eat tim sum..got peach gdn & fortune (if i dun recall wrongly) not bad...got prata craving then go prata house lor awahahaha

my girl Chloe
happy.gif

744824.jpg
744825.jpg

Hi catz

Which part of ave 4 u stay in? Maybe we know each other!

Hi Belle

Ur gal is so cute!!!

bestwishes,

hehe..stimes i see her face or expression when she sleeps i will melt lor..but at times i very mang cang with her cos she dun wanna zz!!

Catz, yah lor i am the part-time maid at home lor. I used to clean my windows every weekend but now i dont have the energy so only as and when i feel energetic i clean lor. The rest liked laundry, ironing, mopping and cleaning all i do every weekend. My cooking sucks so i dont cook hehehehe.. Weekdays we go my MIL house for
dinner, weekend normally eat out.

bestwishes, i am now helping my ex-company to temp. I was with them for the past 6 years till i itchy backside went to quit my job and joined another new company. After 3 weeks with the new firm, i realised i am pregnant. The boss doesnt seemed to be sympathetic after my 2 days MC due to spotting as i needed bedrest. I decided to tender my resignation lor after that jobless for 2 months then my ex company which i used to work for 6 yrs called me for temp admin post. Meanwhile earn some pocket $ and kill time lor.

belle, your baby v cute leh. I simply cant resist her.. feel liked carrying... i miss the milk milk smell of baby... hehehe
happy.gif

bestwishes, I'm at 104 series
happy.gif
I just moved here so I don't think I know you except on the forum!

Hehe.. yah nothing much to do in AMK hor?

belle, I know the beef noodles.. heh.. the first time I ate there, I tasted like cockroach taste.. never ate there again.
happy.gif
Hope I don't put anyone else off.

Nicole, wah you really good lah. I never clean windows AT ALL!!!

Hi belle

I think she's v cute too! I do feel like carrying her too
happy.gif
My ger also don't wan to zzz! In the end, i gave up and gave her sarong instead
crazy.gif

Hi Nicole
That time my friend who just got pregnant was asked to leave by her new co, v bad hor..
Do you have intention to return to the co to be perm staff again?
I also started work after being at home for 2yrs++, can't really get use to the stressful environment! It's really v tiring to reach home 8-9++ every night.
crazy.gif

Hi Catz
We live v near to each other! I brought a resale flat at blk 103! Just opposite u! But i am still waiting for the upgrading news before moving in so staying with my parents @ blk 170 1st. I think they are waiting for the vote whether to build an extra room?
AMK ok lah..where do u stay previously?

nicole & bestwishes,
both of u want to carry her?? U ARE MOST WELCOME!! help me carry her while i zz hahhaa..

catz,
har? dat bad meh? urmm i m not a fan la..but i tot it is value for $$ le...alamak cockroach taste? keke now that u say i dun tink will go back there liao keke..oh oh! blk 300+ near swimming pool mkt got a BAK KUT TEH u tried? mkt stall..not bad..hv to queue one..with the Channel U ad :p

Next wk Chloe celebrating her 1 mth old oredi..haiz so fast le..i dun think i hv mastered the technique of taking care of her yet!!

bestwishes, gosh, that's really close by!
happy.gif
I see the upgrading boards everywhere but dunno when it will start. I will prob suffer since my block will be surrounded by all the upgradindg work! My parents stay in Thomson... but when I got married, I moved to Pasir Ris.. now move back to my 'roots'
happy.gif

belle, hehe.. no lah, the grouchy guy changed already... think no more cockroach but I'm not that fond of the noodles anyway!! BKT long Q lei.. everytime I mean to try but with 2 kids? Forgeddit!

hi belle

Can really understand that feeling! Anyone helping u to look after bb? u still bfing?

hi catz
It's really sianz while waiting for the info, dunno hw many years it will took to complete...
sad.gif

bestwishes, i dont intend to go back to my old company. I dont quite like the enviroment. I also dont know how i can stay there for 6 years. I will start to source for a new job after i give birth. Planning after my bb reach 3 months. But i am afraid after the baby is out, i cant bear to leave him. In Singapore, it is very difficult to go single income lor. Think of $$$. The burden is there. E.g. i cant spend freely if my HB is the only one working. If i work, at least there is some spare cash to buy things for the children. So the conclusion is back to the workforce lor.

Belle,
your girl so sweet. I wish i have a girl but not at this moment. I already got phobia of going through pregnancy , delivery & the worst is confinement and first 3 - 4 mth when BB still cannot sleep through the night.

Mummies out there, do you all have any idea is newborn suitable to sleep in Sarong (Yao Lan)? I heard my colleague said it is no good as the baby's bone is still soft, if sleep in sarong, next time will affect their bone development so best let them sleep on cot or mattress.Is it true?

Nicole, my parents complained about sarong 'cos when we went on holiday, they had to lug the entire sarong stand along as well! So I never put my children in the sarong
happy.gif

Hi all

I am also a MTB staying in AMK Ave 10.
So nice that some of you already know the sex of the baby..
Me wait until neck long long!

hi welcome vicky! yah, we also were very kan cheong to know baby's gender
happy.gif
Can understand how you feel. When's your EDD?

Catz, it is true lor. Abit incovenient at times if you all want to leave the baby in someone else place. As Sandy mentioned, leave the baby in the sarong during daytime then nightime put them in the cot. My #1 i also did that, that's why she never 24/7 sleep in sarong.Normally i will put her in the sarong, after that when she slept liked a log that time, i will put her in the playpen.

Hello Vicky, how many months you are pregnant now?

Nicole, yah my son is really a good boy. After sleep training him for 3 nights, he slept in his own crib at 6 months from 7pm till 7am
happy.gif
My daughter.. another story altogether.. now only 2 months so cannot bear to let her cry it out yet.. wait until she's 4 months. Heh ;)

Aiyoh i also not sure leh. Cos keep changing one!
Doc told me confirm 14.5 weeks 2 weeks ago but 5 weeks ago he also told me its about 14.5 weeks from the size? Think should be closer to 4 months now

Haha..silly me i even dream of the sex of the baby when i sleep. Dreamt that doc scan and cannot find anything protuding out so conclude must be gal :p

Wah how you know i want a boy? :p
Supposedly would know when i go for full scan in 2 weeks time. My gynae is Dr Lim TC at Tanglin

Nicole got strong mother's instinct lah
happy.gif
I wanted a girl for the first time but my hb was die die sure it was a boy.. but actually deep in my heart, I knew it was a boy also. Then for second one, I didn't mind another boy..heh.. hb said die die it's a girl.. and whaddaya know :p

Hi all,

Have anyone here tried the services of Wellington Learning services Infant care at Blk 338? Everytime I walk pass, the shop is close. Also, it looks very small, suituated beside the furniture shop that I just bought my baby wardrobe from. So weird.

By the way, for Confinement lady, do you give her a red packet the minute she comes and one more after she has completed her 28 days?

Haha..When i first knew i was pregnant i thought it would be a boi. But when i tried the Chinese sex predictor it predicted to be a gal and somehow after that i keep thinking its a gal. So much for my motherly instinct! :p

vicky, aiyah the Chinese chart was wrong for me both times!!! Oh well.. heh. Dunno how come my hb so accurate. Hate to concede that he was right on both counts :p

phy o , sorry, don't really know about Wellington but yeah, they do look awfully closed most of the time! If you're looking for infant care, the only one I've checked out is Babies Resort at Pemimpin.. very good infantcare but of course, not cheap. Think confinement lady's red packet is after right? If not, she won't hv incentive to do well right?

Back