Any Flying mothers around?

Morraine,

Ya lor... the poor ger still part of the company mah... must protect what! There is no more crew welfare anymore lor! The Company is just there to make profits thats all... Everything else doesn't matter!

Sungrapes,
yeah what I hate most is Check reports! I always find that its biased opinions one! If the senior crew like you, then your checks very very gd, but if they dun like you for some reason, your checks sure those avg or below avg kind! Then if the crew smart enough to get into their gd bks then gd lor... otherwise gd luck to you!

I dislike check reports. It does not really reflect the true ability of the crew lor... I think they should just do away with it. But then again to the company it is necessary to monitor all the crew and how they are fairing... but its crap lor!

<font color="ff6000">ylc

ya i oso agree check reports are very personal one as in u heng heng got kaki senior crew to check u den sure very good check lor..

sungrapes

wow not bad wor.. 180 onli ex-del arh.. quite empty wor..</font>

Morraine,

ya lor... its heng suay kinda check lor... so its pretty crappy! Last time check reports, i dun bother much maybe my mindset was work for 5 yrs and then quit to move on, so checks not so impt but of course can't fall below standard lah... dun reflect gd on me too
happy.gif

I remember last time CCE and me on gd terms, my check report super duper gd lor... then if guest staring on other flts, the check report damn avg lor. Its so much difference... so unbelievable!

<font color="ff6000">ylc

ya la its like this one lor.. imagine like most checks oso bo comment on my hair colour den one particular one i guest starring in tat flt den the LSS said my hair colour too brown.. pls lor............</font>

Morraine,

ya lor ya lor.... then suddenly pple check nail colour when all other flts nvr mention not even the CCE. There was one IFS to ridiculous, he asked me for my colour chart, cus he said the other FSS nail colour dun seem to be the standard colour... I showed him my colour chart and told him, every individual has a different colour chart and shouldn't use mine as an example.

Sometimes hor, these pple a bit too free nothing better to do lor! check hair, check nails, check whether the pen pertruding out of uniform or not... SIAO lor!

my gf kenna one of the top 10, aiyo, he check from her hair, makeup n nails. Outstation also comment on her dressing. I think he is picking on her big time lor! then she suay lah... another time also fly with him... pengz... he remembers her n wrote her in! this is so crazy lor!

hahaha then I accompany my gf back to office to clarify with her ward leader lah... cus I know pple in office mah... so trying to help her. According to them, those pple that that particular TOP 10 writes in hor, they usually close one eye one... cus its his pattern to write pple in! I think office also know his pattern.

<font color="ff6000">ylc

siao arh! but i noe i kena once oso for my fringe!! say cannot wat sweep to one side la.. den oso tare was once oso kena from one CS is cannot tie french twist! FOS la!!!

i heard abt the pen thing before but i bo kena myself but my team ger kena before from a CS is the same thing lor.. den my team ger just say.. cannot push down further liaoz!! *lol*</font>

Hi..sorry away so long..

i tink csi went business trip &amp; back liao. haha. tell us how it is with the LAG thingy nowadays k? Share share.
i ever encounter a JCL pax express milk onboard &amp; asked me to store in fridge for her &amp; it was a long flt &amp; i was quite surprised...i nvr noe abt such things til i become mum myself.

today is Sat!! i shall scour the papers for jobs.

nwadays go bk must go thru interview (mgt) den medical chkup then training?! 2mth/2mth+ (SEP 15d)...omg..

ok gtg nw talk 2u guys later.

Morraine,

yeah i also kenna one CS like that!!! I think he's gay... and at that time it was like my first SOLO lor! aiyo... terror arh!! Then after that he starts to pick on me cus i'm the most junior on the flt.... say do service he will stand behind me and watch me and if i do anything wrong, then will kena from him. THen worse still, he works in JCL and I'm in YCL... it doesnt make sense.

Damn suay lah... i get to meet him on another flt... but already 2-3yrs flying liao... so more gutsy! hahaha he some more tell me he remembers me and tried to pick on me again! I reported him to the IFS but since its their team flt, IFS said he is like that one lah. But got so pissed off that this time I went back office to complain big time abt him. Apparently, other girls also complained abt him cus he pushed the cart and hit the girl's stomach/womb... the girl complained abt him and tendered her resignation stating that as reason (BULLYING) and at that time MR Sim wanted to sack him but i think he has his connections as well... so end up he will not be promoted although he is due for promotion!

Hi mummies,

Hows ur weekend??

I just received a letter from SQ. Well no perks for complaining hahaha but they wrote back giving lots of excuses. But one thing lah... it seems like they do support their staff. But on the other hand, it could have been written better!

wkend's gd..went shopping!! but for 'groceries'...haha.how i wish GSS start sooner so i can chk out my fav brands faster..

hi sungrapes..is there a contract/bond sign again when u bk? How old ur bb nw?
happy.gif

i jus applied Calendula cream on my bb's face 4 her eczema (Dr hotsoup deduction)..sis helped me get fr.States but she got me the 'wrong' brand but at the right plc,luckily it works still! yeah!

<font color="0000ff">Ylc</font>, what did they write on the letter??? I very curious...

<font color="0000ff">Sungrapes</font>, yr CTS so cute hor. Report sick for DEL ftl. Nowaday, we can get more check then wat susspoe to be. So you won't nod when is the ending till you see yr 'P' disappear.

The last time round, I wanted to report sick for 2 weeks due to eye infection, Wnet to see mega ward leader. Told him my condition, and asked if my 'P' will be extended. His answer was: Of Course I will extend you'. Then later he add on by saying 'if you hv not enough check, yr 'p' will be extended.' So I counted and so far that time I only got 2 checks. I did not report sick but Went on flt blur blur. Luckily mananage to survive. (hope no under table letter to CO)

Actually, I still love flying... Is a break away for feeding, taking care of my son. On the other hand, of course I vv miss my son...

Anybody doing SQ002? I here...

<font color="ff6000">ylc

aiya SQ bound to have this kinda of PEOPLE ard one.. sian!

hotsoup

i swear by california baby range items oso.. i so love their aloe vera cream!! another super duper good alternative for calendula cream.. my ger has super duper sensitive skin cum eczema and the aloe vera cream works wonder!!</font>

Petite,

hahaha when i go back home and search for the letter, I will highlight some contents here! its very stupid one lor! I think the person dunno how to draft and write a letter... I feel like writing back and scolding her siah! she said like SQ always emphasize their crew to be ... and I regret that you feel otherwise or something like that lah... you read already you will also feel Angry lor! its damn stupid!

hi guys,
me juz back frm sq16. no joke with the 300er a/c..6crew in ey,full load of mamas,all bassinet pts used up..sm mre got this s'porean pax complain y got so many indians..how to explain to him?? basically this flt exist b'cos of them lor.

then got cts oso, this time cannot escape liao..thank goodness all the crew very nice and hardworking.

hotsoup,
u continue with ur contract where u left off. the time u resign is considered unpaid leave. eg.if ur remaining contract left 5yrs and u left the airline for 1yr,wen u return u continue the remaing 4yrs. no bond period.

calendula cream where to get in states?? my boy oso hvg this rash near his lips,on/off for a mth alrdy..doc say is allergy reaction to god-noes-wat. he is 16mo.

CHK REPORTS
very subjective lor..i rem once got this fss 1st time work jcl class..cork up the svc,then the css very bad mood. sway sway i kena chk by her and quite bad chk. i juz sign and return to her, then she can ask me 'u dun care abt ur chk report hor?'

but seriously lor, i work so hard, trying to cover the other fss duties. got to pls the css,got to guide the fss,got to take care of the cabin and galley and pax! if after all these, u think i deserve this type of chk, then so be it..i cant be bothered to argue or 'beg' for better chk.

petite,
i feel the same way..nw only outstation can catch up on my rest and got time to do face mask. i miss my boy most at nite wen trying to fall asleep tat time. then now all my shopping is for him,none for myself. we r quite lucky, can shop for them overseas where the clothes much nicer and cheaper.

Sungrapes,

yeah quite true lor... shop overseas the clothes so much nicer and can see the material and gauge his size rather than getting it from the sprees or overseas site! Dun like still can go back and change... so hassle-free

CHK REPORTS:
Quite true lor... If the CSS can ask this question hor, then she knows she has given a really bad check but knows you deserve more and only want you to "beg" for better check! Thats so disgusting lor! Dunno y some pple behaves like that? Sometimes they will gang up and bully the junior crew just because seniors and seniors kaki then juniors like ALIEN! ha when i was most junior, always kena bully by those senior crew. But when i was kinda senior already, i dun bully the junior crew cus i know how it feels.

Petite,

okie the letter from SQ:

Warmest greetings from SQ and we hope our letter finds you well.

We regret to learn that the child meal that you had requested for your infant was not catered for on your flights to and from Perth.

If we may share, we understand that you had logged on to our website and cancelled the special meals requests for you and your family on 26th March. Whilst the requests for Oriental meals were reinstated in your booking through the website, there was no records of the child meal for your infant being reinstated in the booking records. As such, our caterers would not have known to prepare and uplife a child meal for your infant.

We are concerned to learn of the service accorded to you by our crew member during the meal service. Our crew are expected to be polite and professional when attending to our passengers, and we are embarrassed to learn that such was not the case in your experience. SImilarly, all our staff are expected to be warm and friendly at all times, we are sorry that you experienced otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yup the main body is as such... Sorry that you experienced otherwise... yeah i'm also sorry i took SQ.

Anyway I called in to request for the child meal after the 26th and called in twice to reconfirm!!!
Moreover, on the internet, I didnt even cancel her meal! So i dunno what crap they are talking abt!

<font color="ff6000">ylc

WOW sounds so defensive towards crew lor.. i never knew they so pro-crew one leh!!!! *lol*</font>

morraine,

ya lor! Although i'm glad that they are pro crew but they could have done better with the manner of writing. I read already still boiling mad!

ylc, If I were you, I will write a letter to reservation manager abt this matter and CC to SIA PR manager. Btw did you take dw the reservation lady name?

Sungrapes, Candular cream order from Drugstore or lucky vitamins and deliver to yr states hotel. Cheaper that way.

Les_p &amp; sungrapes
yeah i browsed Lucky vitamins website was much cheaper,i tot i read dat Whole Foods Mkt has as well,so asked sis 2buy when she did NYC,but she bot me another brand 'Earth's Best Organic' 125gm (Claimed she din see Baby California,but i tink she missed it),but it was just as gd! cos i can see results the nxt day..so happy.. sungrapes u shld try!! I saw sm1 (SIN) brought in fr.USA too in a bulk of 200+ to sell &amp; it costs only S$15..but i preferred to get my sis buy 4me direct fr.USA..

I dunno what my baby is allergic to,initially tot it cld be milk powder,but chge fr.Similac to Enfalac to NAN HA1 hypoallergenic,still the same..the condition nvr got better but worse..so cld be milk rash? Intially the patch was small &amp; rough (not red),then the patch became bigger (can see under diff.angle of light),nw the patch subsided,&amp; baby's face smooth again!
happy.gif

Sigh,baby still prefers breast to milk powder,everytime she wants my breast,it's the best thing to pacify her immediately..dilemna.

talkin of complaints,there was once i was so mad with Tiffany SIN's staff..i bot sthg &amp; had it engraved on the spot,so when I returned (another day) to get it,the guy staff JAMES passed to me without box..so i asked for it (I still had to ask, omg),he can retort "Havent u got the box before?" without a smile...it was as if i asked for another box,i was piping mad,&amp; I do not wish to make a rackus on the spot...so emailed a long letter in to complain to the USA HQ..by time they fwd to SIN side,abit late..the manager (Cant rem title) called to apologise (doesn't sound local), and I asked her what she will do to the staff &amp; I told her I think he shld be fired! She din noe what to reply or how to pacify me properly and asked me to come back again and dat she will serve me personally bla &amp; I rejected her offer cos it's not her fault,why shld she apologise?

I rem i still see the guy ard aft dat..it's sucha disappointment.. but i really think his service attitude leaves much to be desired. How can they have sucha person in the frontline?

&amp; prior to dat, I actually saw a Tai Tai make a big hoo ha in the store cos she was there waiting for some time for customer service desk to serve her and no one came..so she was screaming away after that. she left puffing &amp; saying she will call/write in to complain..sthg really wrong wif the mgt. That was then..maybe 2-3yr bk..

Just this morn i dreamt i was bk in SQ again,haha..

there's also much stress involved..reporting late la, hair issues, paintin nails/ensuring no chip, forgetin to bring compulsory items, TOp 10s, gng bk STC (like gng bk pri.sch) etc..haizz..

nw my nails so healthy..prev aft using nailtek nor nailtik..although condition improved, still brittle...

yeah i think i should write in again!!! but this time i must draft my letter properly and hit them the hardest and more sacarstic!

actually SIN sales staff all cannot make it one lah... except giordano... dunno y they are so enthusiastic! But i feel all staff shld serve like that lor! Tiffany's staffs all got attitude problem one lah! Thats what i dun like lor... all those big brands but the staffs attitude like so high n mighty... not as if they are tai tais are whatever... they shld be thankful that they have a job!

thks petite. will get my hb buy next time. hw's ur roster? me trying to cof 4 mre offdays so can bring my boy for his jabs..i wanna b ard in case he is allergic to them and developes fever/rashes. juz tat very ma fan cos gotta email gabriel for approval. i alrdy kiv his jabs for 2mths liao.

ever since i return to flying, i find there's a HUGE chg in crew culture. this is a gd chg cos there's practically zero zapping. maybe cos there's no mre team flying?? nowadays, evbody juz do their own job.."u dun distrub me, i dun distrub u" kind of mentality. this is fine with me..i oso juz do my work quietly and rept accordingly...touchdw,chk in and ZZZZ.

sigh..juz got told by this CSS cannot wear ring on last finger..she ask me wat grooming guide say..i told her can wear on any finger except thumb and index. the Lss oso say the same. But she juz say "NO" in our face..she say grooming guide state wear only on middle and ring finger..wat rubbish!! if she wants to throw black n white, then she better get her facts rite lor! aw, i told her otherwise, but if she insist i cant wear then i will take it off..shitty flt..feel like dropping the grooming guide in her box bah!

sungrapes (sungrapes), my roster ok la. Wanted to COF flt for Offdays cos my boy is not well. (Got back to back T/A), nobody wants to offer me. So realistic.

Ask the CSS go and fly kite la. Don't nod her B&amp;W and want to Zap. ****

Actually there are a few siao ON and they don't nod anything. Hate this type of pp.

Sungrapes,

so bo liao.. nothing better to do... rings also wanna check pengz... Aiyah these pple hor, think too free already... dunno their B&amp;W yet wanna make things so difficult for others!

Hi everybody,
it's been a while since i last log into this page... it's so interesting to read abt all the crew happenings.. hahaha... jus reminded me abt myself at work! the thing dat i hated most is oso stupid siao ON ppl on flt! they so siao ON as if co gif them extra $$$.. so long as we do our job well, still looking presentable and make the pax happy.. good enuf liao lor.. Rite bo?

I oso in the same dilemma as Hot Soup, wondering whether to go back to fly or not? &amp; i oso hate dos facts stated by her. dat's the negative parts of returning as Flying mum esp missing ur baby (&amp; my gal is only 4mth old nw nia) still a SAHM...

But I went for a couple of job interviews and doubt can get it lor cos still not used to interviews (have not been to interview for long time). I oso apply for Shichida instructor - hoping they will call me up for interview (den i can learn the skills n apply on my gal, heehee...)

So those mummies whom jus returned flying.. how? gd or not? I heard fm my ex-team members advising me not to return leh. they say it's so different n u r working more n getting lesser rest cos they r linking all the flts till u go GILA.. n all u wanna do when reach hotel is zzzzz... so see wat world, do wat shopping??? plus the A380 flt so tough to do, lesser crew - more work! aiyoh, think of all these issues really don't feel like going back lor! Can the mummies gif some advise???

hellow Godsent, glad i found sm1 in same shoes.. i still SAHM nw..bb 3.5mth nw...nw tinking of career in early childhood education too!...

pls let me in on more info. PM me lor. thnx!!
happy.gif

godsent,hotsoup,

actually flying stil the same lor, except since we got kids liao,our offdays no longer is ours to nuah away..probably tatz y we feel tired all the time..at least i do. my thinking is tat im away for flts for so long, wen i come back, i wanna spend every moment with my boy to make up for lost time. im sure there's suitable jobs on grd which we will enjoy..but flying to me is familiar,dun have to start all over again..old ppl (me) is like tat, hard to adapt to new thgs.haha..

after the union meeting, now fss contract extent another 2+1 yr after the final 15yrs. the +1 is muz go for interview. soon u will c alot of lao zha bor in sia.

sooner or later i will oso quit flying to work on grd cos i wanna nuture my own son. now i fly to save as much as i can.

Hi Godsent &amp; Hotsoup,

I'm still a SAHM with bb 23mths! and not thinking about going back anymore. Used to think about a career in Early childhood education too but then also scared not able to do it well! Educating little kids nowadays also not easy! They are so smart!

hello,

Hear that the ST came out with a guideline that we are not suppose to talk or post anything abt SIA service procedures etc....

looks like we cannot post anything liao lor. Sian

Morraine,

ya lor... we already left so there is no obligation on our part anymore.... its our experience to share hahaha
happy.gif
But for those who are still there, better dun lor.... there are so many blogs out there... all newbies blogging about their experiences now... i think they still dunno the implications.. so daring say they from sq and their work load on India flt etc etc... win liao lor... wait company find out then chiam...

Hi godsent,
i been offered a job with some education place for young 1s..
but nw i am tinking abt the pay, it's a drastic cut but i suppose gotta start smwhere &amp; i gotta reexamine my initial motive of applying in the 1st place (to benefit my little 1) ,since being a fss is like that, can only hop along to hotel, sales line..
missed the last round of SQ interview cos had an interview on same day, so gotta wait again, no news yet but guess i can't wait nd to start smwhere..

how abt ur side? got any confirmations yet do PM me!

<font color="ff6000">ylc

eh eh share wif me the blogs leh.. i go read! *hiak*

ya as long as we are all stating the fact and not humilating or slandering anyone out there i think we are quite ok wor..</font>

Morraine,

Hahaha okie... this one very interesting... quite scandalous!

http://stewardessgloria.blogspot.com/

This one used to be ex CCE or something like that lah...

http://www.bohtong.org/

There is another one... also newbie but then she shut down her blog cus someone reported her to STOMP and in order not to get into trouble with the company she shut down her blog lor... poor ger, get bombarded with all sorts of comments!

hello sistas (a common salutations for fss, hor)

well, HOTSOUP, yes, Shichida called me for interview. I was quite delighted. I went for the interview N was so shiok bcos they made me do some IQ tests and write a compo on "What do u tink Happiness is to a child" in 10mins!!! Derrr, this is the first time i'm faced wif such an interview lor.. write compo? test my IQ!! I guess u gotta b smarter n higher IQ den those kids u gonna b teaching. Well, den the director interviewed me, tell me whole story abt Shichida, how i wanna bring up my child, blah blah blah... Den say their benefits VERY good, very good incentives, I can't find a betta co as this, etc etc.... Den they decided to employ me n wanted me to take up the offer n sign up. Got their Ops Mgr to go thru the terms wif me..

Well, I'm v disappointed wif the way they pay their instructors. They want diploma/deg ppl to be their instructors but paying "O" level salary! It's $1.8k lor!! Can u imagine? how to survive for us, after CPF deduction only S$1.4k lei (jus a 8day flt allowance for a 30day job!) somemore u MUST clock in 44hrs per wk. den they have things like 1)bond for 1yr wif the co (cos they r teaching u Shichida method!), 2) gratuity when u complete 2yr, 2yr etc (wanna follow SQ style - v clever way as the co will not need to pay CPF for the gratuity to us mah, 3)7days annual leave, 4) cannot anyhow apply leave cos u need to be responsible for the classes, etc etc... basically, i tink the co overwork the staff &amp; underpaid.. in the end, I turned down the offer lah cos i dun tink i wanna be bonded again n get so tied up the co. Will u gals, take the job??? I rather earn more $ fm other jobs n sign up for the lesson! BTW, my cousin jus told me thr is a class conducted by ex-instructors going at $40/lesson.

Well, my search of a job is successful!!! i managed to get a job last wk n started today. as the co hasn't found an office, i'm working fm home! dat'a rite- fm home.. so i can still feed my gal milk, etc. at the moment, i doubt i'll go back to flying cos I'm oso like ylc - wanna coach my gal on my own n spend more quality time wif her b4 i miss this chance. These days will nvr b traded for luxury n stuff SQ offers.

ylc, u v free hor.. managed to find these blogs! i'll go in and take a look!

Godsent,

hahaha no lah... the other day was reading online news regarding SQ stance towards Blogging from staff... then out of curiousity i went to google lor... then found some blogs... link here n there... hahaha interesting find though!

Wah shicida pay so low??? my fil told me receptionist pay already $2k... this one so low??? can't believe my ears and the sch fees for shicida is like more than $1k leh! so "niao" one arh!

Hey hey..
haha..guess what, i went for the interview too! They offered a higher pay for another position, but had to turn it down as I dun think it's worthwhile giving up my precious weekends for it, &amp; actual working hrs is on the whole, definitely longer than mentioned if u looked further.

I think the boss must have a bad impression of ex-SQ pp,haha..

Anyway, noticed the instructors all v.young, think they are better off with the new poly grads who are really keen in early childhood education of sm sort..to young mothers like us,who have to support family &amp; also spend quality time with hubby &amp; baby, it's kindda difficult.

WOW..u found a job? Which field is it? so good, can work from home! Tell me more pls. I am pretty laid back now, urgh!! But i nd more money..anytimeeeeee....need to feed maid......somemore bringing my baby to and fro private clinics due to some ear infection.. &amp; so bloody expensive is private practice but of cos more efficient compared to Govt like KK *faint*....

Just spent close to $300 today on 2 Doctors..can u imagine!?!

btw, what is it abt the ex-instructors' thingy? I am kindda curious in their teaching materials too, can only buy if enrol in prog i tink?

so far can only find chinese books written by Shichida in NLB...very cheem, machiam crew bible, i borrowed liao, still lying in my house untouched...fan3 ti3 chinese words from right to left makes my head spin...reminds me of the IQ test..keke..when i did it, aiyo, so much distractions, pp walking in and out,logistics, instructresses..talking..&amp; I was sleep-deprived, haha..

hot soup,
nw u mentioned u went for the interview.. did i meet u at the interview? I went on a Sat &amp; met another crew who was thr to apply for a job which i wasn't sure is it as an instructor or others. Had a few conversations wif her n gotta leave liao.

Nwadays, bb docs r super expensive.. i told my gal, nx time grow up must be a paed huh!! earn back all the $$$!!!

I found the job in the medical field, sales position but the co hasn't found an office therefore work fm home lor.

I saw the site! aiyoh, dunno whether is it true dat it is written by crew leh.. quite psychotic leh...

Hi flying mums

Can I just check do you have any good eye product as in gel or mask to recommend?Asking you mummy as I understand that you mums have to withstand the time zone difference which is very tiring for eyes...thanks

Hi godsent,nope i went on a Sunday..while i was there, i did not meet any other interviewees but was aware of earlier interviewees from the security logbk lor..
so ur current pay must be much better i suppose? gonna go for another on Tues..

Yess..so relaxed and consultation alone so exp,my regular pd only works full day on Mon, Fri til 9pm; Tues,wed,Sat until 12.30pm, good relaxed life.....

Godsent,

hahaha you read the blog already? Yeah sounds a bit psychotic but who knows? maybe really crew leh? Terms all fits though!

Shichida, pay so LOw!! I nod Y, cos we are mummires and out of job at this moment mah. SO they ko tok us lor.

This happne to me b4. Applied for job. One 15 called me and offered me $1.5K while reading my resume and conducting interview thru the phone. Somemore saying I only hv 1 yr experience in the airline. Wat a fish!

Is so hard to find a job with good pay this days esp when you left the work force for a long time. sigh!

JUL 7 coming... Guess how many CC will resign. Shall we play a guessing game?

Back