Any Flying mothers around?

hmm... with rising cab fares, got increase more on transportation? I forgotten how much they give for transport allowance liao! hahaha
happy.gif

Hi petite
Thanks for all the updates!!
so does it mean no more the 30%, 40% thingy?
that lump sum wld be paid to us mthly regardless of flt??

Thanks

mommies who had return to flying recently
I like to check with u,
do u need to BUN up ur hair for First Aid??
During the Wet Run for YCL, need to wear Kebaya?

Thanks!

gak. there is something like a lump sum for those salary below range.

Need not bun yr hair, but must tie up for F/A.

Yes. YOU need to wear Kebaya for wet run.

hey guys!

I'm flying off to perth this fri or rather sat early morning flt! hehe
happy.gif
finally my long awaited holiday!!!! so anyone doing that flt??
happy.gif

ylc,

mind to share your itenary here- i am planning for one trip too.
cannot decide between taiwan and perth... i am bring my boy with me...

<font color="ff0000">gak

wet run sure have to wear kebaya la.. got free food somemore leh.. u forgot arh?! haha..

First Aid &amp; SEP times no need bun hair liaoz mah.. can relax
happy.gif

ylc

Enjoy ur holiday!
happy.gif
</font>

gak,
actully sep oso muz bun hair except wen u do ditching. itz in the guide pasted beside the door of each classrm. i oso din noe till 1 day during my training very free happen to read the stuff they pin on the walls.

but returning crew dun nit too..think it apply to new trainess oni.

Thanks mommies!!

i check with the instructor leh so he replied it's 2-way kinda of thing lor
i dun get him into trouble, he won't get me into trouble..shitty rite!
OOPS! sori abt my language..but hor i find after i return to work hor, like AUTO start to keep cursing leh..job hazzard
sad.gif

i only BUN up my hair for the 2 days in FA cuz got CPR test mah..
lata fail cuz nv BUN hair! keke

all the new trainees so relax!
oso nv BUN their hair!

my batch only got 2 Return Crew/Mother including me..
so guess need to follow the flow
sad.gif

Now doing SEP..everyday oso must jump slide!
&amp; need to bring swimwear on 2days for the ditching!
SIANZ man!!

kk..THANKS!
so WET RUN must wear kebaya
happy.gif

petite
i think my wet run got food leh cuz the WL ask which day we joining so he can order the food leh..

wah getting loh soh too!
die lah...

Woofwoof,

Sorry didnt chk the thread... just came back from Perth!
Enjoyed it there. We took it easy lah.
1st day arrived there: Rest then went Fremantle
2nd Day: Fremantle &amp; Subiaco markets (Sun) - Markets are very lively during weekends - oh and friday its late night shopping.
3rd day - Coversham Farm (See Kangeroos, Koalas, Wombats, Farm animals incl sheep shearing, milk cow etc)
4th day - City shopping
5th day - Went Aquarium and beach (Sandplay)
6th day - Last minute shopping and head back to singapore

Eh... but sad to say lah... SQ standard drop alot lor! Right from SIN check in counter right to up the flt! Encountered LS damn rude lor... i flew with him b4 but i dun think he remembered me hahaha last time still FS but now LS. But his attitude really sucks! Anyway they didnt cater my bb's infant/child meal! on the way up still not so bad cus night flt and my bb sleeping mah... coming back... HAHAHA i wrote in to complain cus i ordered the meal so long ago!!! And its dinner n my lil ger had nothing to eat! The LS even offered me jar food for 4-6mths?? pengz... my ger already 20mths lor! so end up i wrote a super long complain letter from ground staff to crew onboard! But also complimented the FSS who tried her very best to get food for my girl!

I sometimes wonder, do I behave like that when i am working last time?? hahaha guess not lah! ;)

Ylc,

Cannot blame the LS. Cos Most of the crew takes offering of bb foods lightly. They not mother mah! They don't nod the difference. Want to blame, Blame SQ. Should cater different age group of bottle foods.

I also a guilty one b4. Now I understand... Even now I will tell crew nt to heat up foods in the warming cabinet esp for bb.

Even some of them heat up milk in tonic H20 tin, I will tell them not too. Cos by transfering in and out and put into the ice bin the warm up without covering for a long time, is not good.

Good you complain.

i oso nv realise b4 the bb food got different stages till i becm a mummy. and yes, sq only provide heinz jar food 4-6mths..smtimes ex-stn then got mre varieties. so on board wenever got bbs without post-weaning meal, the crew no choice gotta offer the jar type irregardless of the bb's age.

even the post weaning meal oso very limited,juz a mish mash of gooey stuff,dun even noe watz in it. next time, to be on the safe side, muz BYO own bb food lor! tatz wat i will do aw.

sungrapes,

my ger very fussy about food lor... she wont take those jar food... only want real food! She is a fussy eater! Anyway we booked those infant/child meal not the post weaning meal so thought she have food mah... who knows not catered!

grd job or go bk flying???
help meeeeeeee!!

PM me on ur grd jobs &amp; pay? Enlighten moi..thnx.

Can't std it when my fren getting 5mth bonus dis yr in public sector when she working <2yr! &amp; her basic is twice ours!!
we only get such sum aft 5yr??? AWww..but of cos she worked no day no nite too.

Godsent,

But this time I m paying customer leh! If they take it lightly and not change, then too bad for them lor! Actually they should take the comments more seriously since we know the service standard better than anyone else, and if it falls short, then all the more they should step up!

ylc..on d way up d crew nvr VR ensure ur return league got food meh?

the rankin crew nvr work ah?

u bot seat for ur girl ah?

Hotsoup,

Yeah lor, they nvr even bother to ask!
Moreover, I called SQ twice to confirm my child's meal leh! So disappointing!

Yup, the ranking crew very bo chap n the LS very rude! I didnt buy a seat for my girl but paid like $600 over to fly on SQ.

Today met up with one of my gf, heard from her LSS promotion is coming up and I think she missed by 0.3 points!!! So sad... she was anticipating this! 7 yrs with the company already but still FSS. I told her, she nvr everyday go KOPI with her ward leader... thats y always miss by a little! But her friend more junior than her was qualified for the promotion! I think she feels so demoralised!

grd staff prob snowball to cabin crew..if i were u i will also write long long letter..haha. tell me if they give u free ticket..haha!!

ylc u SAHM?

promo always v.sensitive issue..haii..my 2kins still flyin,asked me go bk too..but sian of paintin nails &amp; hairspray..how to hold baby with so much chemicals lurkin ard..haizz.

Hot soup,

Yeah I'm a SAHM for almost 2 yrs! How about yourself?

Hahaha how I wish they give me free ticket!!!

Actually flying is pretty fun lah, but when it comes to all the rules &amp; regulation, damn sian lor, paint nails must be right colour, must spray hair (but you come to think of it, if you spray so much and handle food hor, isnt it pretty unhygienic?), BMI etc etc

me SAHM for 2mths+ nw..hehe..treasuring every second with my baby nw with d help of a domestic worker taking care of other mundane chores...it really frees me &amp; hubby up!! b4 i step out to work that is &amp; earn sm money for my own keeps....!

i damn envy my sis' roster with all d gd flts &amp; nw got Houston..she gets all d gd flts ever since she started flyin oh man &amp; I miss Japan terribly!

yeh..flyin is fun only when touched dwn but I guess it's also v.bad 4health in LT....always hear who n who die of cancer in old age..

I scared if go bk fly aft 8days flt baby wun recognise moi..
any comments fr.flyin mothers?

is the employment terms getting very bad.... can still take home 3-4k per month or more...

i heard the pay is lesser now and the work is tougher. i got a GF who has just quitted due to pregnancy. asked if she wants to go back flying after birth, she gave me a firm NO. she said that flying is so tough now. though it has always been tough but it is tougher now.

what i really hate about flying is the part about stepping down at 45yrs old- what are you gg to do next at 45yrs old? dun think can find any other 'decent' job with 'decent' pay? too late to start anything by then..

ya dat's true.dun say 45yr old la,even nw i find it abit daunting to start jobhunting aft losing touch with d job mkt for q.smtime..&amp; more so with new mum identity incorporated...wonder whether there will be discrimination in the hiring process..

woofwoof..u SAHM too?

hot soup,

you are very fortunate leh... hahhaa got domestic worker to take care of all the other chores hahaha

I'm the domestic worker at home hahaha
happy.gif

I guess if you wanna look for a job better to get it outside cus firstly, flying is much harder now &amp; its like a ST solution to monetary problems. Not much benefits. If wanna get preg again, no maternity leave etc etc. then hit 45yrs... gotta step down and then what can you do??? Ground job though probably lesser pay, but at least base in SG where u can always spend time with your child &amp; there's all the benefits!

But from what i know from my other friends, companies love to hire ex-stewardess leh! Somehow something abt that title attracts them to hire ex-stewardess!
happy.gif

hey mummies,

sorry to interrupt...

I have a (few) question(s): since you gals are flying, I'd think you gals know the rules better...

I need to travel o/seas for biz trip. But I'm still BF-ing my gal (she's only 4 mths). So will need to express BM. The flight will be abt 6 hours...So, is it possible to express on board? How to bring the EBM on board (on the return flight)? What about those ice packs to put in the cooler bags? Any idea what to tell customs?

Sorry if my questions sound silly...heehee...first time mummy and first time travelling for work while still BF mah...
happy.gif

Thanks so much for your help.

<font color="ff6000">yesh its possible to express onboard, if its not a full flt, den request the cabin crew to let u be seated at the last row to express at ur privacy and use a blanket to cover over urself if necessary and if u bring EMB on board, just pass on to the crew to place them in the fridge for u
happy.gif
</font>

hi morraine,

Thanks so much for your inputs!
happy.gif
Really appreciate it. Now I only worry about the LAG restrictions. Dunno what would customs or airport security ask...and have to find 100ml bottles to store EBM...?

<font color="ff6000">no worries
happy.gif

erm im not sure on the restrictions though as in BM wise, coz i noe for medication wise and kid's milk intake, they kinda of more lenient so you might wanna call them up to confirm this? if medication, they allow based on doc's letter den i presume BM shld not be a problem
happy.gif
i doubt they will really need u to transfer them to 100ml capacity.. it will be so troublesome!</font>

Thanks morraine!
happy.gif

Guess I'll just prepare a copy of my gal's birth cert, just in case. then can show them...baby is only 4 mths...so need BM...heehee..hahaha.

Okie...I'd better not disturb this thread anymore...

I travelled recently to perth, they are not so strict when you travel with your child. But if you are going without your girl, then perhaps they might ask you to test your own milk? Or put it in ziplock bags/transparent milk storage bag.

my girl friend also told me that now the crew dunno how to work one... so seems like more work for them! Noticed they changed all the cutlery! What do you think of the design? I dun fancy it!

hi ylc,
test own milk? aiyoh, then contaminate the milk liaoz...I plan to pump straight into those milk liners. Hopefully no problems...*cross fingers*

hot soup,

i am a FTWM... the transition from air to ground is little hard at first, but managable...

hotel and sales jobs like to employ ex-crew- u may like to try....

good thing about ground job is that you can go home everyday to see yr BB...
good thing about flying is that it may be a good break from stress at home for a few day while you on flight, when u return home- you have more patience and tolerance.

am i confusing myself?? hehe...

yeah yeah yeah.... quite true... flying gives you a gd break from stress at home....

However, If you work on ground... after work, also have more patience at home since not 24/7 facing bb. Sure to miss bb wherever we are, even for a few hrs, I will think of my bb hehe

csi,
u mean u plan to express overseas then bring it back to sin? dont u need to freeze it? cos dunno how long ur trip is leh.

no disturbing lah, im sure all the mummies here very willing to help..ex-crew all very helpful 1..haha!

the crew web now asking crew to intro ppl to them as cabin crew. they expect MANY ppl to resign after this july bonus.

if they offer incentive ,then i go orchard rd and 'talent scout' liao..hehe.

smtimes, outstation so bored, miss my boy sooo much,i tell myself not worth it, better to be SAHM. but itz the $$ lor..earn my own, can indulge in my boy. watever he wan i can afford,dun have to ask my hb. cos he sure say 'do u really need it?' and then walk away act blur.

<font color="ff6000">sungrapes

ha ha ha AS IF they will offer incentive.. wait nong nong arh..

but anyway there will always be ppl interested to join lor.. so they actually need not worry..

true tat we have our own earnings, we dun have to seek request to get anything we like.. just ren ba!! </font>

<font color="ff6000">*gossip*

abt the recent famous slapping incident hor.. heard the out of court settlement is S$250,000!!!</font>

wah! really har? $250k alot man!! worth getting slap leh..i dun mind kena slap like tat. but i keep talking to PPS travel with wife leh,hope get thrash,but no luck so far!

2mr i got DELHI
sad.gif
both ways ey..hope i make it back alive. if u all dun hear frm me again,tat means i die liao..

Sungrapes,

ya lor... wont die one lah.... sure to survive but come back dunno like what only lor! hahaha
happy.gif

Morraine,
wah 250K!!!!! I hope she gets more man! Teach everyone a lesson that slapping crew is a serious offense! I heard she has to face other charges not only in SG but other countries. Its treated as a serious assault case! But what i'm not happy about is that COmpany wont support the crew who kena slap lor! The crew kena slap has got to use her own $$ to sue the lady! I know other airlines take this kind of thing very seriously!

<font color="ff6000">sungrapes

wun die la.. just tat u wil dream of whisky water.. wahahahha

ylc

ya totally agreed!! they so freaking afraid they wil be involved or watever and did not support the poor ger.. come on la.. its diginity lor!! </font>

hi guys!! im back in 1 piece.
happy.gif

actually compared to last time, del quite alrite leh! load was 180 ex-del..unheard of b4 i quit.

the idss say cos sq decode frm air india..heng ah!!

petite,
really got cts..sm mre me on chk cos my offday b4 this flt was non-distruptive. then got 4 CS sbcu.

guess wat happen?? after the briefing, the cts rept sick..nv even go 4 the flt..sigh..lucky or not? i really wan to get my chks over and done with asap.

Back