Advise on Baby & Maid Exps

babymilk,
You don't have to disclose the agency name, but why don't you email to MOM to blacklist this agency ? Just tell them what happened. That agency cannot sue you if you complain to MOM directly.

Patsy, I can understand that some employers do exploit the maid, but what about us? We are FTWM and to think that we have to leave our dearest to the care of a total stranger? And when all these mishap happen, who's suppose to blame? As a mother of 2, I probably will only blame myself for engaging a maid and putting my children in danger.

Of course, I'm not saying that all maids are bad. I have engaged so many maids and see so many types of personality, and other than the stress I get from constantly changing maid, I've been blessed with maids that are ok in personality = no funny tricks.

Many many years back, there was this case where a maid put an infant into the washing machine to "wash", cause mam says, "wash the baby" - meaning bath the baby (if my memory din fail me). In this case, who's to blame? Sigh...

Sorry for my "lao sau" here, cause I really feels the pain when I read of such things, like maid throw infant down and commit sucide, or some teenage girls gave birth secretly and dump the baby down the rubbish chute. The worst one was a just born being flushed down the toilet bowl and got stuck at the pipe! My heart just feel totally weak.
sad.gif

babymilk,
Try not to think too much..SHe is your ex maid so that was already a history and past. Just try to forget the whole thing about her. How is your current maid doing?

Mummies, i think we should stop probing babymilk on disclosing the agency name here further..THe hint is good enough. WE carry on with our women's talks on our present maid issue, ok?

JChew,
You read my post addressed to you above at 11:32am ?

I am also FTWM. I think if we are careful, it should be OK.

You know that case of the infant thrown down, the maid actually asked to leave. She even packed her bag and expected the employer to send her back, but the employer refused to do so.

If the maid wants to leave, please fast fast send her away. Or if you notice something unusual with the maid, like unable to control temper, telling lies, also send her back quickly.

Sadly many employers are under a tight budget, changing maid cost money, so they would rather keep a problem maid. They are actually taking a big risk.

KC,
Agree with you. Actually I think MOM should already know which agency is responsible, because the police must have contacted MOM for information.

tamarind

Although personally I feel that the agency is to be blame for this, but on the other hand, I believe most bosses (agency) will try to persude a maid to stay and ask them to work hard and not do anything thing funny. Coz probably they can't possible just send all maids back in such a way... thus prefer to 'Counsel' them give them a chance.

This is really a very unfortunate case. I also do not want to make it a big issue.

Anyway, I just send her back to agency for 1 mth plus only.. currently without a maid, and will not have one in future.

I have just sent my 27 mths boy to childcare, and nanny is looking after the 2nd boy. Although quite tired to do housework, but still manageable.

babymilk,
Yes the employer and the agency should try counselling first, but some maids will never change. For hopeless cases, should send back quickly.

I have used a maid before, she actually ran away from her ex-employer's house, leaving the baby alone in the house ! The agency knew very well that I have babies, never told me anything about the incident, and still let me employ the maid. It is 100% the agency's fault.

Aiyo,..now reading post can make me sweat...very stress..current maid also work 1st employer 8mths,transfered 2nd employer 1mths,now w me, which i didnt know by trusting mic n accept her,cos the maid i apply didnt come ..now a lot problems..wondering if can tahan till month end...she is only 20yrs old(lied 27yrs)..

There is IT fair..mayb hav offer/promotion on D-link camera.. want to get for my hse too.

Tamarind, I agree with you. I have lost faith in employing maid.
Sigh...

to share abit more, my first maid who worked for me for 2 mths also another terrible kind. She can even scold my hubby...

maybe i'm just not so lucky in having a miad

I hv some suggestion, y MOM state the rule for those maid who has been x'fer 4 more than 2 times per year shld b sent back 2 their hometown instead of keep on x'ferring, tis type of maid is the problematic maid rite? tis rule is juz 2 portect we employer, they hv a rule 4 employer cannt change maid more than 5 times per yr, to protect the maid, they shld oso come out e rule 2 protect we employer oso rite? agree mummies??

Hi need some advise..

My maid confess to me this morning that she used our PC to check email while i was at work. She has been with me for nearly 2 months and this is the first time it happens.. when she is at home, my mum is in, but funny my mum din report to me yet.

I just wanna know what is the protocol.. should allow or disallow? I actually told her it's okay to use on weekends only, and only if we are around and she must ask permission.

JO
is it e IT fair is on? pls help 2 find out more CCTV n share with all mummies here, i'm sure most of the mummies like 2 hv install in their household after tis incident happen. especially install in e kitchen....

Ju,
I also replied you in the other thread. It's your household, you can ban her totally from using the computer. We do not need to provide internet access for maids. Who do they think they are ? The cleaning lady in our office can use our computer or not ? In fact, the other day the cleaning lady in my office is not even allowed to use the phone !

Frankly if I were you, I would be very mad at what she did.

babymilk,
Actually managing a maid is not easy...Never knows what they are thinking. Bottomline is never trust them completely even though they are good.

Maybe u can engage a part time local auntie to do housework which can ease your workload?

Ju
yr maid very hi-tech leh.. can use computer, PHIL maid rite? personally i dont allow them use our PC, u shld hv password lock in yr PC, nt allow them 2 use. Tamarind is rite, cleaning lady in our office oso nt allow 2 use our computer, it has confidential in it.

ju,

4 me, i wldn't allow her 2 use my pc coz it's gt a lot of confidential stuff inside. btw, y does ur maid need 2 chk her emails?

JChew,

I managed to find out some details abt the deceased infant. The baby was suspected to have choke to death. The forsenic also found clogged blood in the head of the baby which is a sign of fall. The baby might have fell and get knocked on the head.

Computer can do internet banking..so I also not allow my maid use..even we hav unlimited plan. Too private..sekali use forum, cos mine all bookmarked,just click can liao..

They also can advertise for new employer/agency... or do wat ever in ur computer..

Tam, thks FYI.. mayb they use another name to register..who know.. like CM...

Talking about fall.. i dont understand wat so funny when kids fall down..last night, my girl fall n my maid just stand n laugh at her..my girl cry n said pain..when ask my maid,just reply she sleep on the floor.. I really giv up on her.. she dont fell anything,just tell lies so wont get question from me.. I just tahan, since talk to her will waste my time,already told her..all things happen we adult are to blame n responsible, but she..just dont bother worst laughing at it???

Maid are careless species..

Ju,
My maid is not allow to use the PC. U can lock the CPU. Such locking device can be bought from computer shops.

Otherwise, protect it with login password.

hey Jo, when is the IT fair?? :p

Ju, yr maid high tech sia... Im still tinking of leaving my computer in living room and attach a webcam to see things at home... after listening abt yr maid, duno my maid will noe how to operate anot wor...

babycutie,
sounds so scary...

ling,
no need 2 worry lah. tink most maids dun noe hw 2 use d pc. ju's maid is 1 of d rare maid who noes.
happy.gif

mummies who r interested, d computer fair is fr 30 aug to 2 sep @ suntec city exhibition centre, level 6, hall 602.
http://www.comexshow.com.sg/

aiyo.. ladies.. take your advise, will discuss with my HB again.. he is against.. but think i too soft hearted.. the part on the cleaning lady really makes sense hor..

my maid's occupation back home in philipines was data encoder.. whatever that means.. sounds quite PC/Net savvy.. think i better take precaution.

Ling, think Vone's post is the IT fair,right? I'm not sure, should be this one.

My previous indo maid also know how to use computer. When I asked,how come u know IT? she said learn in school.

Tam, I have send feedback to MOM. Suggest them to protect employer, dont allow FDW to recycle, transfer to many time in a year
happy.gif

Mummies
How much is the costs for installing CCTV at home? Someone posted on DLINK at challenger. How many places do u install? I only thought of living room and baby room.

Mummies
How much is the costs for installing CCTV at home? Someone posted on DLINK at challenger. How many places do u install? I only thought of living room and baby room.

aiyo.. ladies.. take your advise, will discuss with my HB again.. he is against.. but think i too soft hearted.. the part on the cleaning lady really makes sense hor..

my maid's occupation back home in philipines was data encoder.. whatever that means.. sounds quite PC/Net savvy.. think i better take precaution.

mummies, i hv planned to put a webcam on top of my computer in the living room. From the angle can view the whole living room. My HB jz checkout from FUNAN and understd that latest software can allow you to record all movements at home oso.. But need internet to use this

One ting, there is a diff in webcam and CCTV. Anyone can advise?? I think CCTV is using tape recorder to record everything happening at home through the camera.

I surf the comex show website and they have some CCTV and webcam at the show too. Maybe you can pop down to take a look.

Hi gals,

Sorry if this qn has been asked before. But would like to check how many of you actually buy sanitary pads for your maid? Or do u all buy for her but deduct $$ from her salary?? My new maid is coming in and i was told by one of my friend that it's not good to buy the pads free for them. She herself will deduct $$ from her maid salary for this. I wonder what's this myth about?? Hope u all can share some info with me.
Thanks
happy.gif

urbanzi5,
I provide sanitary pads for my maids. Your new maid will only have $10 a month, because she needs to repay her loan. It's quite pitiful if you still want her to buy her own pads. Imagine what happens if she scrimp and save on her pads ! A few years ago I used to have a new maid who had no money to buy pads, and didn't dare to ask me. She had menses on the 2nd day she arrived, and I only found out when I saw numerous blood stains on her skirt ! I was so disgusted.

In the very least, do provide her with pads during the first month. New maids usually don't have a single cent with them.

There is no myth lah. Your friend simply wants to save money. Some people think that the maid will not treasure the pads if the employer buy for her, i.e. she will use more than she need. In this case, you can just buy what you think is reasonable, for example if you think one month should use 10 pads, then give her 10 pads, if she used more, ask her to pay for it.

I never restrict my maids, and none of them have ever abused my generosity.

urbanzi5
buy pad 4 maid, i dont do tt cos in our office even we get pad frm our collegue oso need 2 paid her back money, heard tt no gd 2 get free pad lor.. mayb supersitious, but sometime blive it is better than against it... based on individual lor.. if u confortable with it, juz buy lor.. cos some of e mummies here oso do tt.

Ling
can find out more details frm yr HB wat is e lastest software 2 install, i hv internet at home with unlimited plan, pls help.

Jo,
Your maid is a psycho. The more I read about her the more I HATE her.

Babymilk,
Take it easy. As fate should have it, nothing bad was supposed to happen to your family. She is in custody now. You are all safe.

I have also thought long and hard about the transfer maid issue. I personally think MOM should adopt HK standard. Maid must clear her maid loan herself upfront before coming to SGP. If she does not perform she gets sent back. No transfer allowed.

urbanzi5, I also don't buy pad for my maid. If she has no money, I will buy for her then deduct later. But everything else, I will provide, but no choosing of brand.

Liana, if MOM follows HK standard, don't know the maid's salary in Sin will also be HK standard or not leh?

when my maid was on loan with no money, I bought her 3 big packs. When she got red packet during CNY, she pays on her own. She is getting her salary soon. She will be buying them out of her salary.

JChew,
I doubt so leh. Does HK's employer needs to pay levy? If we do not need to pay levy, the maid can definitely get higher pay. Otherwise, it is impossible for us to contribute so much on hiring a helper. Don't thk all of us wants to pay $1000 per mth for getting a maid.

Yesterday, I'm stress w current maid.. till i sleep in my all my 3kids's bedroom n locked door(usually we dont lock.

I know she used my house whenever I'm not home. Was thinking she miss her family so much till must chat long n frequently..

Yesterday, as usual, I went to bring my girl from Child care, I rush there n b home in 15mins(run like crazy ppl, as i dont feel safe bb n maid alone)..

Before I went out, I called my hubby.. n will call him back later..cos its time to pick up my girl. After came back, naturally i press redail button to call hubby..surprise, the number was not my hubby..but..?? So i decide to call that number later,cos she was there in living room.

She told me my in law called to look for my boy when i go out pick up my girl.I just said ok. She might suspect I know she used my phone,so she said that. Cos i dial but didnt talk,when i see different number i just hang up.

Abt 8plus, i called that number..a boy answered..

I asked: where is this place?

Boy: I'm (name)...

Boy: (home address)..

I asked: what is ur occupation?

Boy: I'm a student..(sound teenage)

I said: can i speak to ur mum..( thinking, mayb they hav maid n be fren my maid,want to find out more frm his mum)..

Boy: no cannot,why?..are u agent?

I said: I'm not agent.

Boy: hmm..she is not at home(lied)..

I said: its ok,bye.(hang up phone)

I suspect this boy is her bf..cos when he asked, r u agent?

Actually, i plan to send her back when my new arv which is 1 more week but I just feel no peace,she is to mistery w many thing hidden from me n lies... I just dont know wat she think n wat she is doing.

Worst, when I told my hubby, he said i'm too much.. heard too much bad news on maid.. I said I just want to protect my children, i dont want to regret, if anything happen.. he dont like i feedback on maid matter to him..he said evil talk, dont entertain devil... I said i dont care just bye to her.. or i go crazy.

This morning hubby asked me, why i didnt tell her early, must wait till last minute be she go? I said, if tell her, she can just carry ur bb n run away.. u want this to happen? If not after i tell her, she cant touch my bb any more till she leave my hse.

Aiyo, my hubby, think I'm depressed.. i'm too cruel to the maid.. see, she can act till my hubby think i'm the one that hav problem. Haiz..

Yesterday, I'm stress w current maid.. till i sleep in my all my 3kids's bedroom n locked door(usually we dont lock.

I know she used my house whenever I'm not home. Was thinking she miss her family so much till must chat long n frequently..but always different phone number??local n overseas..

Yesterday, as usual, I went to bring my girl from Child care, I rush there n b home in 15mins(run like crazy ppl, as i dont feel safe bb n maid alone)..

Before I went out, I called my hubby.. n will call him back later..cos its time to pick up my girl. After came back, naturally i press redail button to call hubby..surprise, the number was not my hubby..but..?? So i decide to call that number later,cos she was there in living room.

She told me my in law called to look for my boy when i go out pick up my girl.I just said ok. She might suspect I know she used my phone,so she said that. Cos i dial but didnt talk,when i see different number i just hang up.

Abt 8plus, i called that number..a boy answered..

Boy: I'm (name)...

Boy: (home address)..

I asked: what is ur occupation?

Boy: I'm a student..(sound teenage)

I said: can i speak to ur mum..( thinking, mayb they hav maid n be fren my maid,want to find out more frm his mum)..

Boy: no cannot,why?..are u agent?

I said: I'm not agent.

Boy: hmm..she is not at home(lied)..

I said: its ok,bye.(hang up phone)

I suspect this boy is her bf..cos when he asked, r u agent?

Actually, i plan to send her back when my new arv which is 1 more week but I just feel no peace,she is to mistery w many thing hidden from me n lies... I just dont know wat she think n wat she is doing.

Worst, when I told my hubby, he said i'm too much.. heard too much bad news on maid.. I said I just want to protect my children, i dont want to regret, if anything happen.. he dont like i feedback on maid matter to him..he said evil talk, dont entertain devil... I said i dont care just bye to her.. or i go crazy.

This morning hubby asked me, why i didnt tell her early, must wait till last minute be she go? I said, if tell her, she can just carry ur bb n run away.. u want this to happen? If not after i tell her, she cant touch my bb any more till she leave my hse.

Aiyo, my hubby, think I'm depressed.. i'm too cruel to the maid.. see, she can act till my hubby think i'm the one that hav problem. Haiz..

hi all, thanks for the reply. But me still in dilemna, dunno whether to provide free for her or buy for her then deduct from her pay. But deduct from her pay like very pitiful hor??

Tamarind, is it a must to give the maid $10 per mth?? My friends who have maid were telling me not to give the maid any $$. If she wants anything, she will have to inform you first.

urbanzi5,
U need not give the $$ to her directly. Most agency will tabulate their monthly income on a piece of paper.

I will based on this tabulate information to give monthly salary to my maid. I will let her sign on the signature column to acknowledge that she will be receiving that amt. Then I will safekeep the pay in an envelope for her.

My maid cannot keep any $$$... Even if she get Ang Pao during CNY, she has to give all to me. I will record down the sum of $$$ she gets. If she needs to buy things, I will then take $$ from her pay to let her buy. After she has buy her stuff, I will record down what she bought and the amt she paid for the stuff. Then I will collect back the change and safekeep for her.

I done up a data sheet to record all expenses incurred for my maid. I will use this to record down all the expenses the maid has incurred.

hello mommies,

need advise. has anyone extended their indo maid's contract beyond the two years? cos my daddy's bugging me to extent my maid contract, cos the maid help with the children at his house everyday. he is afraid new maids might create havoc in his house.
just wondering, how do you extend? do you write out a new contract? increase pay to match current market rates? buy return air tickets? or just get the agent to handle?
my concern is actually how does the maid bahave when they return, do they create trouble?

many thanks for advise/help

harriet

Back