ADVICE NEEDED - How to Handle my MAID

Dear all,

Pls do not employ this maid, ENI ASTUTI if you need her to look after aged parents, babies or children.

Dear all, do not employ a maid by the name of VIVI RIA ASTUTI aged 23 years old INDONESIA.

She just ran away from my place after stealing my money!!! She help herself to all the food in the hse without asking and denies it when we questioned her. We treated very well but she tell lies. She do not have any off days yet she is so F*** up. imagine if she has off days??? She is really horrible and tells lies. Once, she slip her tongue and says she's been jailed in her country b4!

och, jo and sarah's mom, can i know which angency u mummies are using?? anyone using express maid agency in bukit timah??

Talking about maid, let me share with you all ...

Maid asked me to help her to buy a cheongsam for her...I did and I bought it something like her size.

I am not quite sure as it has to be fitted personally so I go by agar agar....

As I know she is dieting type, so I told her if the dress is a bit tight, please do not go on diet in order to fit it....

She got paranoid and mad with me over the statement and eventually told me she is mad at me for the statement, In return I told her I am mad at her for being so petty. I told her its common in singapore that people did it.

Eventually she aplologised as she wanna use my house phone. I told her, why asked me, you are the madam what...she kept aplologised and i told her to save it...

See, what kind of maid in this era....

babygab,

guess wat.. ur maid has got the same surname as my runaway maid...
sad.gif
Actually, i prefer best helper.. i regret changing agency...
sad.gif

Hi Glad,

can i have the contact for best helper maid agency?
how good is it?
how much is the agency fee?
anyone get their maid from Best Home at Bukit Timah shopping centre any comments?

MOOMOOKO:
If i not wrong the titi is my ex-maid... pls dont get her, she is the great lier and steeling thing... c she is ex-singapore yet said she is fresh maid, dangerous right?

Hi Sarah's mom, that is exactly what my ex-maid did - gave our address to someone else in singapore and even asked them to come to our place to look for her!!! All without even asking me first!!! I asked her if she is the owner of the house or me?!

After I sent her away, there were even people calling up to ask for her. She also made calls without permission everytime we go out, but yet flatly denied and even lied when we interrogated her.

Mummies, please be careful - do not employ her, her name is Wagiyam.

Joy747,
Happy Lunar New Year. I almost fell into depression coz of my former maid who was with me for near two months. After she left, I realised that one pc of my mil's pyjamas set that I kept as a rememberance got stolen. Few weeks ago, we found money hidden in the flower pot, when my dd was digging the pot with a spade. She even wore my mum's bras and returned to the drawer without washing. My mum hardly stayed with us, and the same day when we discovered the hidden $$, she opened her lingerie drawer, and it stinks real bad. Until my mum has to throw away those bras. Lotsa horror stories abt her...

I got myself another maid whom we're happy with so far. Keep my finger cross. She has been with us more slightly more than a month.

BabyGab,
I got my two Myanmar maids from Legend who have quite pretty maids, but doesn't work for me. My last maid was an Indonesian from Jolly.

Madbride,
THe maid that gave my address away was a Myanmar maid. I sent her away too partly for that reason. Pple have been telling me that most maids lie. But I still couldn't accept that, hence, decided not to keep her. Also, my dd was really afraid of her. Dun know why..

most maid are just not trustworthy. previously, got a indonesian maid at home and she also steals from the house and pass it to her ex-boyfriend who she knows at her previous employer place. sigh.. luckily she only steals a bit as we find out soon and sent her back immediately, and luckily the kids at home are safe and sound. we are relieve that she only want money and not our life.. hehe..

hi

anyone got any time table to share, so i can train the new maid, sending my old maid back really give me a headache for the past 1 year.

My agent said cannot tell her if u are sending her home, they will come on that day and tell her pack bag, quite poor thing right, cannot know in advance and then next day go up to the plane already without buying anything, but no choice. she never appreciate what we do for her. Agent said maid cannot be pity will climb on top of your head.

Hi Mummies,

Need some advice here. My maid is taking her off day once every month. So far, my MIL has been telling her to finish the basic housework, e.g. wash baby's clothes, mop the floor, and bathe baby before she goes out. My MIL also asks me to tell my maid to come home by 6.30pm.

I'm just wondering if there are any rules on off days? That the maid must finish basic housework and be home by a certain time? When she comes home, is she expected to do somemore housework?

hey ...I am in the process of getting one for my house. It comes in a package..abt 1.5K for 4 cameras. I am still scouting ard though ...
happy.gif

missk, which brand is that? can we view when we are outside? do they ve package for 2 cameras? sorry for so many questions.

thx!

heh...dun worry abt the questions.

Actually I am not too sure. My husband was the one who found out all these. I know it's Taiwanese made though. U can choose a package where u can view using PDA. I think that will work on wireless network. Have u gone to Sim Lim or Fortune Centre to find out?

thanks missk! i went to funan and apparently the 2 popular brands are linksys & d-link but dun ve any package leh. can ur camera rotate or zoom? the one i looking at cant so its around 180-190 per camera.

hi there...i'm in the process of looking for a maid and since this is my 1st time employing one, can anyone send me a list of some the questions to interview the maid?

Also, would appreciate also if u all can send any timetable to me?

Any agencies to recommend?

[email protected] thanks a lot!!

Sorry to barge in like this. But just like to thank all the mothers out there who had kept this thread sooooo alive. I am so pround having started this thread and (hopefully) helped new mums with new maids out there!

By the way, my burmese maid is still 'killing' me. SIGH but my MIL likes the fact that she does not 'fight' so I am bearing with her lack of initiative and lack of capability to keep things tidy etc etc until I get a new maid soon.

Hang in there ladies. We WILL survive!

LOL YSL

My parents stay with us and help look after my elder son. I am due to delivery my no. 2 in a few weeks time and we just got a fresh filipino maid a few weeks ago.

The thing is my mum doesnt like my maid and they dont get along. So I get hell.... like my mum will call me in office to nag about her.

Anyone has experienced times when your mum or mil doesnt get along with the maid? and how did you handle it ? I am almost giving up.... and argued with my mum to lower her expectations and not nit pick on every single thing. It is just causing a lot of havoc at home... at a time when I shd be looking forward to the birth of my 2nd child. ;-(

soprano

Hi Tamarind

Thanks! your blog is really useful! my situation is same as yours, mother will come over to help during weekdays and maid will assist her

Hi all

I also had a maid short term b4 myself. And afraid to hire one again hearing so much horror stories of how bad their character are esp some seem really timid and innocent but maybe deep down they are not so stupid as they act out to be. Also afraid of those allegations maids like to have against their employers and little bit of things they run away to seek refuge at embassy and always being sided by the embassy and ended up the employer has hell with the police and investigations and the anxiety of waiting for outcome of investigations. does anyone has experience in this area to share I am quite interested in stories like this esp not to have anything to do with the law. And also most cases like this is it always the employer tat will lose out and being procecuted or some really is being let off? Thanks for sharing.

Tam,
You are welcome ! Glad to know that we have the same type of helpful mothers
happy.gif

Vivi,
I have hired 8 maids before. One of them is a nightmare. She accused my mother of poisoning her by putting MSG in her food. Then she threatened to run away to the embassy. I got to call the police to help to get her to the airport to be sent back to filipines.

But I still continued to hire maids after her. My other maids didn't give me much problem. One of them helped me tremendously, took care of my baby boy since birth to 2 years old, made my life so easy. But later she changed, and has numerous boyfriends in the neighbourhood. So I sent her back.

I still continue to hire maids. My current maid is not a super maid. But she is honest, reliable, mature and has a good attitude. She is very good with my kids and can even take care of my father who is old and quite weak. She can cook and keep the house clean. So I am happy with her.

While there are some horrible maids out there, most maids are OK. If you get a good maid, she can really make your life very easy.

My first rule of hiring maids, is don't be afraid to change maids. If your maid is bad, just change until you get a good maid.

Hi,

Need mommies advice here...Currently have this maid coming to 1-year looking after my 7-year boy and housechores. Would rate her average. My EDD is coming Nov. and I'm deciding whether to change to an experience maid who can look after newborn. Current maid claims she has 3-year experience looking newborn in Malaysia, but my maid told my boy she does not like to look after babies because scare lack of sleep.

My hubby says train her to look after our newborn, but I have doubts about her capabilities. Should I change then? Was looking at Indo-experience maid, ex-Sing, 25-30, married with children. But most that I interviewed asked for S$400 and off-day, which I may need their help on weekends. Anyone in the same situation as me?

Hi, can anyone advise if I need to go through agency if I want to renew my current maid for another 2 years and she is agreeable to my terms? Can I renew her work permit, banker's guarantee and personal insurance myself?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Kim, if my maid tells me she doesn't like to take care of babies, I will probably change her.

Hi Pigmy

You may want to refer to a similar thread under motherhood, baby and pregnany, advice on baby and maid expenses...

I went through asking the same questions last few days....

Hi tamarind, can u advice me how to black-list a maid in mom? And is it true that all mother would take a look before they settle down with one?

Dear ladies,

Could U advise me on how to hire a good maid? Me looking for a phillipina with no off days. Any thumb of rule to see if the maid is ok to start with? She has to do all the hsework by herself and assist me in cooking and taking care of my boy. I will be at home with her.

Also besides her pay, do I need to pay for her necessities like sanitary pads, transport, medical bills etc...And if she is sick, do I need to give her 1 whole day to rest?

How to treat a maid? Where do u let ur maid sleeps? What is the maid's working hours like?
My baby is sleeping alone now. There is 1 empty room and I am thinking to let her sleep in there. Afraid that she will sneak into my baby's room and harm him....

Hi Cherrie
good that you are asking all these questions...

er.. why do you not want to give your maid "off days" to rest?

if you have started already fearing that your maid may "sneak into (your) baby's room and harm him"... then maybe you are not ready for a maid...

check out these website for more information : http://twc2.org.sg/site/

good luck.

hi!
could anyone please share some info on what to do at the end of (filipino) maid's 2yr contract if i'm not keeping her?

thanks!

luveebebe :

If you are not keeping her ... just buy her an airticket to Manila ... pay her all her salary in FULL .. but before that , ask her if she wanna carry all those money or remit some via Western Union ... my maid remitted two-thirds and carried one-third cash home
happy.gif

I also bought her some presents & a set of nice clothing for her 2 yr old son... and an ang pao to wish her well.

oh btw luveebabe :

my maid has no off-day ... so 1 month before she left, i gave her 2.5 days off to do her shopping...

Hi Sweetnov,

You should not let your maid hold her HP during the day and restrict your maid on using her HP daily. Eg, she can only use the HP when she is done with her daily chores. This is what most of my friends and colleagues do.

We made a mistake by being soft-hearten and let her hold HP after 1 yr. But, we did restrict her to use her HP only after she is done with all her daily chores. Know wat, she was so daring that she even started calling during the day when we were at work, even tho' my MIL is around.

We learnt our lesson and do not even allow our 2nd maid to hold any HP and we allow her to call home twice a mth (about 20 min each). We provide the calling card tho' so that we can control her talking time.

Same here. after my previous maid had a HP, nightmare. SHe will always be on the phone & she will not sleep early as her phone keeps peeping. It gets pretty annoying.

Also, after she had the phone, pattern comes out liao. I guess she has more contacts & then she decided to 'bluff' us that her kid was sick & need to return home & then never come back.... Later we realised that she went Hong KOng to work.

So I do not allow my present helper to have a HP. I will give her 2 phone cards ($10 Singtel) to call home evey month.

Hi moms,
I agree that you should not allow your maid to use HP even if it's her own during the day because it will distract her from finishing the daily chores. Set expectations for her to follow with regards to this subject. I also had a bad experience with my maid who has her own HP in the past. So, now I limit my maid in using the HP during daytime or even at night just to make sure she does her tasks.

About HP, I agree. better not to have any. My previous maid started without hp. then one day asked to buy hp coz she said didn't want to use our housephone in case got incoming call for us.

stupid me agreed. but i also told her cannot use phone during the day. still she used. everytime when i caught her, she said hubby called or sms. becoz she got young kids, so i cannot ask her to tell her hubby not to call during the day. then one day i secretly peeped into her sms and calls record, guess what, all spore numbers. there was once i asked her to watch over bb when bb was about to sleep. she was busy sms when i quietly walked into the room. she stole once, said need money to buy phone cards ( i didn't allow her to keep any money). but promised not to steal again. she was very afraid that i would report to police.

then, first she asked for day off to attend friend's party. party??? no lah. i dun even have the time to attend party and yet ... then, ask for day off to meet with her cousin here. i agreed to 2 hours only. then, again, asked for day off for hari raya. again, no. i dun like her to mix with her friends, with all the funny attitude after having handphone. few days before she left for good, i gave her 1 day off to shop for presents. before that, she wants to make sure she wear pretty for shopping, so asked to go to shops opp my place to buy handbag, clothes and shoes.

if i close one eye, she was ok though, coz i helped her when she couldn't cope with her work. actually, i wasn't really want to help, just doing to check the things myself, such as folding bb clothes - i check if clothes clean while folding. haha ... she eyes red red when i sent her off to departure gate.

i included "no hp" in house rule. stated very clearly that no matter how long they have worked for me, no hp request will be entertained. learnt my lesson already.

as to maid cannot get along with mil or mother, i will always side mil or mother in front of maid. then will try to educate mil/mother when maid not around. maid needs to know they have to respect mil/mother first, coz they should be helping them. maid usually doesn't respect mil or mother coz they know they are not employer, thus not the one to make decision. so, we have to help mil/mother, they are the one truly helping us to take care of our children, not maid. i also experienced my mom keeps complaining about maid when i m home after work. very tired already still have to handle it. if it's maid fault, i will keep an eye on the maid so that when she repeat the mistake, i will tell her off immediately. if it's due to my mom's expectation, i will share my thot with her - remind her to put herself in maid's shoes. so if maid not feeling well, i have to tell my mom on that day to lower her expectation further.

for this new maid (just arrived for a week), i tried to be the strict employer first. if she didn't do the housework properly, i asked her to redo, even though this means i have to cancel some of her tasks for the day. better to start right, i think.

sorry for the long winded post :p

Hi, me also have some issues over the HP maid using..

My maid has been with me for nearly 1yr plus le, overall she's ok, but only her HP & off says issues..

HP: Normally will ask me to buy those Singtel top up card for her but few months back realise how come she never ask me help her buy. Then my MIL told me maid now ask her help her buy the top up card & some more change no already & I didn't even know!

Previously, trusted her so let her holp her HP until 1 day when I came home, caught her talking on the HP while wokring! I was so damn angry & gave her a scolding & from then onwards, I'll keep the HP & only will return her at night.

Off days (sunday-1day p/mth): Initially told me, her off days, she will go church & visit her auntie. But recently, she often late coming back (I set her timing fr 11am-7pm), once she even came back 8 plus, although she called back to inform! I was really pissed off lor!

Only last month, I told her now her timing will be 11am-6pm,to come back latest by 6.30pm, still she's late lor, came back @6.45pm...

Only these 2 issues of her make me pissed off,overall she's ok with the housework & takes cares of kids properly. And becos right now I'm near EDD at Feb, I told her her that her last off days will be in Dec, then Jan, Feb & Mar, no off days for her but will compensate her in monetary, she agreed.

So overall, I still think she's OK, so now me still thinking of whether to renew her contract when it ends on Aug 2010.

hello everyone....I am new here, may need your guidance....it seems that its not advisable to wash the maid's clothes together with ours?

My maid hand wash her own clothes, I think most employers don't like their maid's clothes to be mixed with their own. And I agree with the earlier posts that maid owning HPs is a bad idea, maids love to yak yak yak non stop. And they are really good at making 'friends' too. My maid has no off day but still she is able to make lots of 'friends' when I sent her out for simple errants like buying bread or newspaper.

Back