A selfish husband

I always tell my husband 男人養家沒有錯. So he doesn't give me too much noise as he pays most of the bills and the maid salary etc. and I told him "I'm a highly reasonable wife, but I'm not a stupid woman. No point I let you keep your money then after 20yrs you trade me on for a newer model. You must understand my money I keep will always be for our baby and family." He was very stunned but he doesn't complain that I pay lesser for stuff anymore.
I think money matters you must have a clear understanding else it will always pop up especially for FTWM. Cos a lot of men expect us to share the financial load equally.
This is despite they dun share the household load equally. A lot of men really nvr do hse work before. My hubby at first dun even know washing machine nd to put detergent... (-.-)
As for MIL I also take a very direct approach, declare that I can't cook and am practically useless in the kitchen. So I dun get any expectation that I wld cook. I set expectations very low so nobody expects too much from me. I will offer to buy dinner home when I stayed with my in laws. Then nobody really asks me to do anything. Sometimes set the bar lower, of cos in law will talk to other relatives la. But as long as u take a bo chap attitude, it's been working good for me. Word of advice dun care abt what ppl say, esp from those who dun even care abt u.

Back