A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

Dear PCOS,

Although I am not with PCOS, but I did some readings on it before. There is a lot of 'range' of severities. And not everyone diagnosed with PCOS cannot conceive. Before you scare yourself, ask your gynae about fertility problems and if medication will help.

linda & forgetmenot:

thanks. sigh...i agree dat it varies fr ppl to ppl but considering that majority of us r only trying for a kid or 2 max, we'd all want the best for them...so unlike our granny's time (two gone bad nevermind cos got 10 more to back up :p)

the sad thing is our society believes that > $ spent = higher quality....this over kiasuism is stressing out all d potential parents like myself!

anyway, i think i'm in d wrong thread cos i'm sure all of u r way passed this 'baby or no baby' phase..i shall not confuse d topic anyfurther :p

Hi Linda and Micky,

Thanks. I've calmed myself down already though I still get tears in my eyes whenever I think of it. I still havent got the chance to speak to my gynae yet and the news was broke to me by the clinic assistant just now.

We've not started trying for a baby but we've just done some pre-pregnancy screening last week. As I have regular mid-cycle spotting, I consulted the gynae on my condition. She did some scanning and blood tests which confirmed my condition....

But I know for sure that I've ovulated from my BBT charts and the blood test results. Am a bit confused now... guess I'll be clearer after I spoke to gynae. Thanks again ladies... will keep you gals posted...

Hi girls,

Can I check why is it that after taking the folic acid, i get tummy upset ? Its a bit scary for me...is it normal?

Please advised?

hi PCOS,
Not to worry so much.. there are a few PCOS patient here.. i am one of them..Me also quite disappointed with myself when i learnt that i got PCOS. Its very common among women nowadays. That day i went to my gyne he told me just that day alone he has seen about 4 PCOS patients. I wonder does stress in S'pore plays a part..???...

That's not the end of the world. Stay optimistic and not to overstress yourself.
But the funni thing is you got regular menses and what makes you go to the gyne and check on PCOS?
Did you do scanning? Or blood test?

hi linda/micky/forgetmenot,

i got few doubts on clomid.
Could you tell me when you say doctor presribe 50mg for you does it mean the total course of it weighs 50mg or one tablet stands for 50g?

bcos what happen is i go home and take a look at the clomid gyne gave me, it stated on the label 50mg-15tablets. But i assume 1 tablet=50mg and i am required to eat 3tablets, thats why i said gyne gave me 150mg clomid.Am i right?

Or when you said gyne gave 50mg is referring to the whole course of it?

Hi elle,
i think 1 tablet is 50mg. I not so sure abt taking 150mg clomid..cos i was asked to take 2,so i presume i took 100mg...

Natash,
i dun think u will get tummy upset from taking folic acid...could it be the folic acid has expired?

PCOS,
pls dun be sad...talk to ur gynae 1st..try to be positive...n dun stress urself..

i'm oso PCOS case...actually i did not know the tt it can be quite severe one till recently...anyway,i'm on medication now, taking one step at time n let nature takes its own course...hopefully i'm able to hve strike soon..
happy.gif

Natash,
is weird cos i dun think any one of us here have the same problem when take folic...

maybe u r allergic to folic?? It is still the best to consult ur gynae again...in the meantime,better stop the folic 1st.

Hi natash, I got no problem taking folic acid also. Actually folic acid is mainly Vit B so shd be no problem leh. Did u take other things y'day?

Hi Woody,
Dun worry abt confusing the subject. U are welcome to air your concerns too. I understand where you are coming from... but it is just so difficult to tell you how much a baby cost.
uhoh.gif
I for one, didn't really think. As long as I am not in financial difficulties, I will try. But along the way should something happen, I will have to make adjustments. If I got retrenched, then maybe instead of staying in a single room, I will opt for a 4 bedder. Things like that cannot be predicted one....take a step at a time. Most imptly is that you are emotionally and mentally ready for a baby.
happy.gif

Hi natash,
No. I am completely fine with folic too. hmm...Maybe u try taking after food in the morning when your tummy is more settled?

Oh I think I forgot to tell the Gynae, cux I only seen him once on Tuesday..Not familar with him still..He is bit stern cux I didnt talk much with him..And the U /S also show no bb too, even thought both urine tests confirmed...So im abit scared since he said might be 5 weeks already. or maybe too small

I have a problem taking vitamin pills...when every I take normal vitamin pills..I seem to have this problem...I almost forgot...I have this feeling that all my intestine are jumble up and the pulling feeling is horrible..crampy...but still laast time for the vit pills, they couldnt detect any problem...why i have this cramp...im still lost too

Is it ok not to take folic acid...Cux i am forcing my self to take it since its good for the bb...Haizz

Hi Ladies,

i just went to remove my cyst yesterday. Its a day surgery and my gynae told me its a water cyst. I felt so relieved after removing the cyst. He also "shun bian" check whether i got block tubes and luckily its no. Now i am on 2 weeks mc. Hope i can try by the next cycle.

I feel for those ladies conceiving, try to refrain from taking too many "liang" things / or cold drinks. They are not good for the womb. Ask ur mum to cook more dang gui soup. Its good for ladies. Actually should "bu" ur body more to better ur chance of conceiving. Stay positive and dun be too stressed and i believe we will be blessed with a healthy baby soon.

Best of luck.

Hi natash
Dun worry first. Sometimes the pregnancy might be too early to see on ultrasound. When is your next gynae appt? Shld be able to see then. In the meanwhile, do eat your folic acid. It is VERY impt to help your baby's growth of his/her spinal cord and nerves. It will prevent spinal defects. VERY impt. Alternatively, eat food rich in folate. But cos folate in food is not measured, so we won't know if we are eating enuff.
If not comfortable with gynae shld change.

Hi Linda

Thanks , makes me feel more assured ..My next app is on Monday with TC Chang...hopefully can click and be comefortable withh him...

The one my friend recommended is abit stern so Im scared...specially since young...I don like to go to doctors...even when im sick!!!!

Thanks a lot

Cheers
Nas

hi all,

i am very sad. i just rec'd my blood test result and gyne told me that i've got no eggs even though i took clomid.
I never knew i would be so much affected till tears jus automatically flow. Somehow i feel very disappointed with myself.. why am i like that???.. I fear when i thought of the 'ovarian drilling' as the last resort..
The gyne said he would increase the dosage of clomid to 200mg in my next cycle and see how.
I am thinking even with 150mg clomid to start off i can't even have respond i really couldn't expect for the better in the next cycle..

Sigh...sighhh...
sad.gif

Hi Natash
Dun worry abt it. As for gynaes, very impt to find one which is kind and patient. The one I went to is quite gentle and nice but I wonder if the location is off cos he is in Yishun. Take your time asking around with friends and colleagues.
happy.gif

Hi elle,
Is there any alternative? Or if you shld wait longer to see if there is any results from the clomid?

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all your concern. I've made an appointment with my gynae tomorrow to discuss about my condition and treatment.

For those who have PCOS, how's your treatment like?

elle,

I understand how you feel. My tears also rolled when I heard about my condition yesterday and I'm still trying to accept the fact. We have to be strong, ok? I'm sure you'll succeed one day.

As for why I visited a gynae - it was more for a prenatal health screening and at the same time to discuss with her about my menstrual cycles. Though I have rather regular menses, it can range from 28 to 40 days cycles, which by definition is not regular due to the wide difference in cycle length. But one bothering issue is that I frequently have mid-cycle spotting. She confirmed my condition through vaginal scans and blood tests... sad... sad....

hi ladies,
Thanks for your encouraging statement..
I would try to stay strong..

Linda, this is my 1st time taking clomid so gyne wants me to try another cycle and hopefully it works.. which i have a feelin it wld be the same.. I try to be optimistic but dunno why still feels bad.

hi PCOS, althought i've been diagnosed w PCOS but it doesn't make me as sad as now when the result came out was bad.

I really hope that someone who've the same experience could come in and share. And it would be best if they are PCOS patient and manage to conceive, this would be most encouraging example for many of us..

Hi ladies

I went for my rubella jab today. Doc saw my blood test and ask me to also take Hep B.
sad.gif
Say very important.

Only wanted to take chicken pox only haiz. Cost $85 each and there are two jabs.

Hep B cost $45 each and have to take 3 jabs. I know that we cant get pregnant 6mths after taking the Hep B jab. But does anyone of u know if the 6mths count from 1st jab or last jab?

cos i heard that its count from 1st jab but the doc told me its from the last jab. But he doesnt sound convincing
uhoh.gif

Hi SSL,
I dun remember the nurse telling me having to wait 6 mths for Hep B jab. I only remember for rubella jab, I can't get pregnant in the next 6 mths. You might wanna call the doc to check or I'll try calling TTS tmr to check for you.

Hi SSL,
My GP (who is very KS) says actually no harm done to foetus for Hep B jab. Three months is fine. And if accidently got preggie, it is okay. Unlike rubella which is a definate NO NO. I read in one magazine (forget which will go home dig) and it says it was fine too. But gynaes do want to be careful lor.

Hi Elle,
Positive thinking VERY impt lor!

Elle,
Dun lose hope yet. Some woman will respond when clomid dosage is increased, so perhaps at 200mg yours eggs will not disappoint you?
You are still in better situation than I coz my only chance of conceiving is thru IVF, which was extremely hard for me to accept at the beginning. But after a few days, I've come to terms with it and it's just fated lor.
I went for my blood test yesterday, they needed 2 tubes. The first one took from my left inner elbow and when continued to the 2nd, no more blood and flow is extremely slow. so nurse has to find the vein with the needle(still inside me) but still unsuccessful. in the end, kanna poke a second one on my right hand..
now left hand very bruised liao...anyone knows if I can rub on it to spread the bruise so tht it heals faster?

hi micky,
I've read your 'story' in the previous posting and truely understand your anxiety and disappointment when you learnt of it.
frankly i really admire you, you are a strong gal.
I also pray hard that the increase in clomid dosage would help in my next cycle.
Cos gyne also told me the last resort is IVF and i know its gonna be very expensive, wonder whether got the $ to afford that kinda treatment.
(my character always think of the worst situation to get myself mentally prepared heehee..)

why they need so much blood from you?
For my case, doctors/gyne always cannot find my vein. me so afraid they poke wrongly.
I think if your bruise is those "black-blue" kind, it would heal faster if you keep rubbing it till red.

hello ladies,

does anyone of you here know what is metformin?
I gotta learnt from website metformin also helps to treat PCOS patient.

What's the difference betw metformin and clomid?

Elle,
Hopefully 200mg of clomid works for you..as to why they need so much blood I also dun know. Anyway need to go for another test in early aug..

sorry, can;t help, dun know what is metformin .

My ICSI will cost 8k, this excludes all the pre-test and consultations which we are doing now. and it also excludes costs of twice weekly jabs if conceive. in addition, my hubby surgery for testicular aspiration of sperms will cost i think abt 3k. Max medisave to claim is abt 4k...

generally, the most advanced lab for IVF is at Thomson and NUH. Private hospitals will cost more...

Hi Sue

Thks
happy.gif

I'm also gathering more info before deciding whether to take Hep B or not. Cos dont really feel like waiting so long cos intend to plan for one next year.

Hi dina

I went to the clinic near my house at woodlands blk 849. Its called Millennium Medical Group.

Hi Linda

Thks for the info
happy.gif

Any idea what magazine is good to read for TTCs??

Hi Micky, thanks for your info. My friend is visiting NUH for her case. It was found out that she doesn't ovulate properly so gynae told her to do IUI. She said that it cost abt $4k there. Is it ex? The bad thing is she not seeing a fix gynae cos she's referred by Polyclinic.

SSL, I don't think there's any mag specially for TTCs leh. But I'm sure there's some books around on this topic.

hi gals..long time never come in here.. i quite sad, just got urinary tract infection, so got to take antibiotics and abstain from baby-dance for the next few days..which is supposed to be my fertile period.. sigh.. means this mth chance gone and hav to try again in sep, cos my cycle very long... HB very sian too.. first time got UTI, very painful and miserable.. heard will recur easily after the 1st time, anyone here got it b4??

Hi mae,

Me got UTI before also...i guess the main reason why got UTi was too heaty and insufficient H2O in your body...as a body of that, UTI.....

Me had UTi sometime early of the year and touchwood....till date it has never happened before again...dun worry,,,,so long as you kwai kwai take the medication, you would be ok...:p

if u got UTI, you will feel pain/ burning sensation when urinating and there will be traces of blood in your urine. You will also feel like peeing all the time, even after you've just emptied your bladder. If serious case can get fever..

hi query, you are right, doc ask me to take more water.. i guess i took too spicy stuff and did not take enough water, so got UTI.. also must wash after baby-dance, if not can get UTI easily...now feel better after taking medicine, no more blood in my urine...

Hihi ??

I guess mae has shared with you the symptoms of UTi. Its pretty common among women apparently...therefore, its important to make sure that we drink plenty of water...

By the way, today is my 28thCD, AF not sure yet....tempted to test...but yet because my cycle is a bit chaotic...for the last six months, it varies from 28-32 days thus its a bit difficult to track...would anyone know how accurate would the results be?

Hi query, my advise is to wait till day32 to test. Sometime, you'll get disappointed if u test too early.

~~~Baby dust to YOU~~~~

Hi SSL,
happy.gif
The clinic u mentioned is right behind my house!!! You staying same block?

I dunno what magazines is specifically for TTC...but I find Parenthood, Motherhood and Young Parents all quite informative. Cos not only trying is tough, pregnancy also tough....so shld read up now lor.... Sometimes they also have topics for TTC.

How's everyone????

hi gals,

been reading this thread but wonder if I am welcome to join in...my menses was late for 6days and it came yesterday morning...I felt so disappointed...this is the second month I am trying....
sad.gif
felt very sad cos I have this instinct my plan to conceive is not going to be easy...

Hi reis
bounce.gif
WELCOME!!!
bounce.gif

Dun trust your instinct if it is telling you bad things!!! hahahha
happy.gif
Think positive and it will happen positively... this is what I have learnt. And Like I have always told and encouraged others, I tried for 6 months before successing and ended up having a miscarriage. But I didn't give up!!!!

Are you taking any temp charting? U know your ovulation days?

Hi Giggler,

haha....maybe you are right...i should wait till the CD32 day huh??Everyday counting down the CD soooo "exciting".....

Anyway, i tried yesterday out of fun though a bit extravagant??....its negative....will wait till CD32

Hi query, glad that u find counting down of CD "exciting".... Sometimes I find them quite frustrating... hahhaha......... I'm at CD22 today and got to wait for another 2 weeks before I can test. Now still don't have any symptoms so will wait and see.

Hi reis, you're welcome. This is my 6th mth trying hopefully I can strike this time round. Don't be sad, who knows you may strike next mth leh. Cheer up !!!

Hihi Query,

my "exciting" not really in that definition of "EXCITING" lah....anyway...this is my third month of trying still no hopes yet....waiting patiently...and praying real hard....

As for Reis, like what giggler...most of us here are been because i think we are all in the TTC group....most of us would have experience the "UPS" during OD & "DOWNS" when AF comes again....nonetheless...dun give up....

***** BABY DUST TO ALL IN THIS FORUM ******
happy.gif

Hi query, mayb I just go thru my "up" ie my OD that's why my "down" still not here yet. I hate the period while waiting for AF to come. I dread that man.

linda,
thanks for welcoming me!!

yup I only how to check my ovulation days but not very sure also...oop!maybe that's why no good news yet...btw the babymed.com change liao..they need u to be member before logging in so i dun know where to search for links to check my ovulation days.I would like to know how do u define '28days'or '30days'?for temperature taking since my company is still asking us to take temperature everyday so I do know my temperature.But why does the temperature counts in this aspect?sorri so many questions...

'

Hi reis,

Personally I feel that leaving it to natural is best...but honestly, with work these days, who got time to baby dance every other day?
lame.gif
hence the need for some of us to pinpoint our fertile days so that we can dance then....

The day your menses come is considered CD 1 meaning Cycle Day 1. 28 days or 30 days simply means how long is your cycle ie between 2 periods.

Temperature taking is only accurate if you take basal temp every day before you do anything the minute you wake up, at the same time everyday. Quite tedious for me.

I judge better via my cevical mucus. When it turn egg white stretchy, I know I am fertile for that few days after.

Babymed member no need $$ mah, can join as a member not a problem.

Back