A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

I've got a stupid qn to ask.... what does AF stand for ??? Been following the thread and I know it refers to menses from the context... but I still can't figure out what it stands for... sorrie for asking a dumb qn...

Hi everyone,

is it normal to have spotting 1 week b4 menses is due? I use to hv spotting only 1-2 days b4 menses is due. I start TTC this month. I am vexed when i see the spotting. My menses will only be due this sat or sun but i start seeing a substantial amount of spotting this sunday.

Could i be pregnant or just that my cycle is shortened.

P.S i started taking folic acid this month and could it be the folic acid which is shortening my cycle?

can anyone help me on that? Thanks!

Hi giggler,is her service expensive? o did she run outside like those private clinic own her own.sorri to ask so many question?

Hi scared
Could be implantation spotting. But shouldn't be spotting for so long. Just in case u might be pregnant, go see a gynae. I took folic acid for quite so time, no effect on cycle length and spotting. Some girls reported their cycle goes haywire after TTC. Could be due to the hormones when husband ejaculate into you. Since u r TTC, why not visit a gynae to clear your doubts and fears?

Hi Starry,
Honestly, no idea what exactly does AF stand for. Just know it means menses.
happy.gif

Hi micky,
How's everything coming along?

How's everyone????

Hi Micky,

Do update us on your progress. Will pray for you, dear.

Hi Linda,

How are you ? Have you been baby dancing ? My hubby went for another SA test last Sat. Hope result is satisfactory before we try again.

Have been very quiet today. How is Monkey ? I miss her. Hope she is fine.

Ladies,

Me doing fine, though I still worry very much about the chances of succees and whether can we really go thru the process. Very scare that the gynae said no way to go thru, perhaps they open hubby up and find no sperm..then gone case liao.

Anyway, appt this thurs. I hv gotten support from my bosses that I will be MIA for few days here and there during the cycle and those consultations.

Now I pray that everything goes well and we can start the treatment.

Vera, think results shld be fine lar. if last results is ok, then shld not be a problem. if still low count, then take supplements. you shld see my hubby semen results, all ZERO! our case, no medication can help..

Linda, how r u? any chances of conceiving?

I really envy those woman that get preggie just by hving intercourse. I need to inject myseld at the abdomen for 30 days consecutively, then go thru egg retrival (surgery), and transfer the embryo into uterus. after that still need injection here and then. and if successfully conceive, every week must go to NUH to inject twice till foetus 12 weeks old.

sigh sigh sigh

Hi all,

Me trying TTC for three months liao but still no result. Everytime AF i will hide in the toilet n cry. May i know is the lubricant (K-Y jelly)can kill the sperm? I'm using that quite often.

My fertility period will be next week. When is the most fertile day, is the temperature dip or rising? Which day should i baby dance? My cycle is 30 - 32 days, very blur...

Thanks in advance.

hi starry, AF means Aunt Flo,.... not sure why Flo, but i think it rhymes with 'flow'? hehe.... guess only

micky, u mustn't get stressed and impatient. take things easy, relax and enjoy the process even thou it's not via intercourse. what's important is it's your baby you are planning for. another thing is don't think of negative things b4 it happen,... don't say 'perhaps they open hubby up and find no sperm..then gone case liao' this is not good lor,.... i mean, what if it really happens this way then wat will u do.... it's ok to be mentally prepared for the worse but don't think too much b4 anything is confirmed.... it's really not good at all lor.... u really have to control yourself and don't think too much and if u think, don't think negatively,.... spare a thot for hubby who must be more hurt that the problem lies with him..... take care of each other ok?

Hi Linda,

thanks for replying. I saw gynae yesterday and he found a polyp in my cervix. Its actually the polyp thats causing the bleeding. And he found a cyst on my left ovary too and its gone quite big. hai.... i go there with hopes tat he will tell me that i am pregnant. But i am certainly shock to find so many abnormal growths in my body. Hope the cyst and polyp is nothing cancerous.

I was just very happy 2 weeks ago when my husband suggest that we TTC, but seems like we have to wait and see how's the development. So sian.

Micky, don't worry too much ok? See what they say tom lor. Don't worry abt those injections now. I'm sure you'll be able to pull through for your bb.

syl, I don't think she got pte clinic outside leh. The other time I saw her, she's at SGH so the charges consider reasonable. But I'm not sure now as she at Mt E liao.

Vera, good luck for your hubby's SA test...

Linda, how are you recently?

Ob-rider, you're rite. AF = Aunt Flo

Scared, so what did the gynae say? Do u need to remove your cysts?

Hi Scared,

What do you mean when you had spotting for a couple of days? Does it look like brownish discharge?

Hi Vera,
happy.gif
I hope everything will go okay for you gal.
happy.gif
Keep me informed okay?

Hi micky
O-rider is right... I know it is diff...but dun be too stressed. Stress just makes things worst. And I am sure your hubby must be very sad over this liao....He will be lagi more discouraged if he also think abt what if they "open him up and find no sperm". So you and him have to stay strong and encourage each other....You will need his strength to rely on when you have injections and stuff like that....So does he... I am sure with love, perserverance and united-ness, you will succeed in no time!!!! We will be cheering you on!

Hi scared,
Glad that you found out the problem early. So what is the steps you should undertake now? Can the cysts in the ovary be removed? Surgically or by medication?

Hi Giggler,
Gee. I am fine...hopefully will have good news to share with you gals soon. Yourself?

Hi Linda, Giggler

he will see me on the 4th day of menses to see if the cyct is washed away together with the menses. If not i think he will have to remove it surgically cos my cyst is quite big at abt 5-6cm.

Query,

yes the spotting is like brown discharge but quite a lot unlike the normal spotting only few spots.

Hi all,

Have been following this thread but this is my first time posting here.

Have been trying to TTC past few months. This mth my AF haven come yet (Late for a wk liao, mine very regular). Just wan to know wat r the symptons for being preggie? These few days, I have been feeling a pain at my abdomen and also bad diarrhoea. Dun know wat happen??
crazy.gif

********** Baby dust to everybody**********

Hi Scared,
Oh okay. Do keep us updated on yourself okie? In the meanwhile do take care.

Hi Eliass
Why not do a pregnancy test NOW instead of guessing??? kekekekek

Hi scared, hope your cysts can be washed away with menses. I didn't know that cysts can be washed away one leh.

Hi eliass, you can test to see if you preggie liao cos u already miss menses for 1 week.

Hi Linda, today is my CD9 which means I can start bb-dance anytime liao. I've book Conrad for this Fri so can do my project and celebrate my hubby's b'day at the same time. heeheee

Micky, don't put on too much stress on yourself ok? If u don't feel good, can always come here to "vent" your anger or dismay. There's alot of listening ears here...

hi all

have a question. me too have been spotting since monday but mense is supposed to due only this weekend and my temp still stays at around 36.7/36.8. what could be the problem?

thanks in advance.

Hi everyone...

Giggler,
gd luck to u...hope u success this time round!!!

i went to see the gynae tt islandpub sees when she is preggie,Dr Lisa Chin..

anway..i hve finished the medication tt will make my menses come..hopefully it will come soon..
happy.gif

Linda,
wat abt u??got dance often or not?? hehehe..

Micky,
i agreed with the rest..try not to think too much...u will be seeing the doc tomolo...so hear wat he has to say n think positive.....

Hi Linda & Giggler,

I would like to test but afraid of dissapointment leh. Mayb will wait a few maore days lah. Now have to pray pray tat AF dun come lor.

Whoah Giggler, u and ur hubby so romantic. Very envy leh. Good luck to u this Friday. Mus save a lot of energy for this Fri.... Jia you jia you
bounce.gif

Hi Giggler,

Must baby dance more during your romantic nite at conrad. Here give you ***** tons of BABY DUST ***** ok. Dun forget to bring along with you...hee..heee...

Hi forgetmenot,

Hope your menses will come soon and start baby dancing.

Hi Linda,

Will keep you updated. Hope to hear good new from you soon. How are you progressing ?

Hi Eliass,

Why wait ? Quickly go and test now. For the time being better take care and be careful, ok. Hope to hear good news.

Hi july, your spotting may due to implantation leh. If your temp stay high for abt 18 days then it means you pregnant liao.

Hi eliass, do u take your temp everyday? If u do, calculate and see if your temp stays high for abt 18 days. If it has, then you can test and you'll see 2 red lines ! If your menses regular and u missed by 1 week liao, you shd be able to see 2 red lines also leh. Go and test and annouce the good news to us tom leh. BTW, it's a surprise to my hubby. He still don't know abt the plan yet. hehehh..... Don't worry, I'll stay my best to save energy for this Fri.

forgetmenot, which hosp is Dr Lisa Chin in? How u find her?

Hi Giggler

Thanks for your reply. actually today is the 9th day that my temp stays high. but if its implantation spotting, will it last for 3 days or more? i have it since monday and till now it has not stopped and i am a bit worried.

wah....giggler, so romantic huh ????? good luck on your dancing n hope u strike tis time *lots of baby dust*

my AF due today but no sign yet....though I keep getting cramps for few days liao.....so dun think there's any hope tis mth....

now jus hope AF comes quickly cos my tummy is so bloated n my chest really hurts!!!!!!!! really makes me so tired n irritated on top of the disppointment
angry.gif

linda, how abt you ? any good news ????

Hi Giggler & Vera,

I dun want to give myself high hope yet. I only try TTC for abt 3 mths using the chart from babymed but not really very active in bb dance leh. I very lazy to take temperature everyday. You guys are making me anxious liao.

Although my AF is regular, there was once I missed my AF for 2 wks. So mayb this is also the case or too stress liao.

Btw, this morning I have a pain in my abdomen. The pain was so unbearable. But now its ok liao. Wonder whether i shall go & see a gynae??
uhoh.gif

Giggler,
she is from gleneagles..i think she is not bad..she does pap smear and vaginal scan for mi...

i did not expect vaginal scan cos i tot ultra sound,is to "scan" tummy...
happy.gif

Hi Eliass, if I were u I wld be anxious to know. Moreover, yr menses is regular right, since missed by one wk. No harm taking the test to confirm. Hope to hear good news from you.

Hi Giggler, enjoy yr 'dance' @ Conrad. Had my wedding there & really love their suite.

HI Giggler

can i ask u stupid question. When would be a better period to baby dance? how many days before or after menses??

Always hear people saying saying about ovalation etc. till i confused. is there a easier way to remember when is the best time to baby dance so that chances of success is higher.

By the way, is there any good websites or books to read on pregnancy preparation??

Hi Micky

Good Luck to you tommorrow.
happy.gif

Hi SSL, to find out your O-day, you got to know how many days is your cycle. That means how many days is the gap from one menses to the next menses. You've got to calculate the first day of menses as CD1 till the day your next menses come. Once u know your cycle, you subtract 14 from it. The most common one is 28 days. That is, if your cycle is 28 days and you'll minus 14 from 28, then your O-day is CD14. Which means your most fertile day is 14 days from your 1st day of menses. Other than this, you can check your cervical mucus (cm). If you are fertile, then your cm will be either egg-white or creamy. If u want to know more, you can check out this book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It teaches u how to make use of Basal Body Temp and cm to look for the day you're most fertile.

Hi july, I think it's normal to have spotting for at 3 days. But if it last long till 1 week, then u better consult doc.

Hi sue & snowflake, thanks. I'll try my best to enjoy myself one. heeehee....

Eliass, have u test?

Micky, good luck for your check-up today. Remember to update us ok?

Hi Giggler & sue,

Actually wanted to buy the test kit yesterday but too tired & lazy to go pharmacy leh. I will go & buy at lunch time today. Wish me luck!
wink.gif

Giggler, where can I get the book u had mentioned to SSL and how much does it cost?

Dear July and Eliass,
Although there is always fear of disappointment to test early, but I think the safety reason shld come forst leh...esp in case of spotting.
In my first pregnancy, I was only late for abt 3 days but I knew for sure I am preggie (but not confirmed with HPT) I had spotting of brown stains. The fourth day, once I confirmed, I charged to the GP but waited to see the gynae 2 days later. Was still spotting though not heavily. The doc put me on Dup-something which was to stablise my pregnancy. I had a miscarriage at abt 7 weeks. I dunno if it is due to the spotting that I m/c. But to be on the safe side, PLEASE PLEASE see a GYNAE if you are spotting and suspect you are pregnant. Disappointment is tons better than sorry right?

Hi vera,
*POURING baby dust on you* Hope to hear good news from you soon. In the meanwhile, I am praying too.
happy.gif

Hi giggler,
kekekeke...wow! Then maybe you get a made-in-conrad baby!!!!! High class baby leh! hahahahha...you both must jia you okie!!!!

forgetmenot,
So what did Dr Lisa said about your case? She gave you clomid too?

elias, I got the book from Library.

Linda, I read from the book that spotting in early pregnancy mayb due to the fact that u lack of the hormosomes that is req'd to sustain bb leh. I think it's Prog.... can't remember how to spell and the book not with me. The drug that your gynae prescribed is to help u to product more of those hormones.

Do u gals know that actually Clomid is not very helpful? It states in the book that Clomid will make u dry so the sperm may not be able to reach its destination cos you don't have enuf cervical fuild.

Hi Linda,
she say i out on weight easily due to the iregular menses...she gave mi medication to eat for menses to come n clomid to regulate my menses...

but if aft eating the medication n my menses still hve not come,then hve to go back n see her again...

Giggler,
u will be checking in aft work tomolo or u r not working tomolo??

Hi giggler,
the hormone is called progesterone I think. Yah I think the Dup-sometime pills is indeed for that purpose and is mainly prescribe to those who spot during early pregnancy.

Clomid is a medication to help one ovulate but not without its side effects like what u mentioned and also the fact that it may cause etopic pregnancy or m/c. But sometimes for some ladies, the end results outweighs the possible side effects. No choice mah....

Hi Linda,

the Dup-something pill is called Duphaston and it is basically a progesterone hormone supplement.

folic

forgetmenot, I taking half-day leave tom and I'll check in at abt 2pm.

Linda, I didn't know Clomid has side effect that cause m/c. A friend of mine was given Clomid by her gynae. And her gynae didn't even check if she ovulate or not. I better warn her of m/c

Giggler,
Why not ask your fren to check it up on the Net. I distinctly remember reading it somewhere. Better to be safe than sorry.

Hi Folic,
Thanks for the name!!!!
happy.gif
I think it is that. But now no take liao.... hopefully not EVER!!! kekekkeke

Linda, I'll ask her to do some research on that. Anyway, she has been taking Clomid for 3 cycles and this is the 4th cycle. Hopefully she got good news to announce soon.

Hi sue and giggler

thks for the tips and books recommendation.
happy.gif
probably will have to start reading up liao.

As for temperature taking or calculation of cycle, me pretty lazy. And i have irregular menses too. but i do noticed that sometimes i will get mucus that is clear or thick etc.

Hmm..... too chim..... anyway, now still at planning stage.

Btw, have u gals confirmed the gynae that u will be going to when u have BB?

I'm currently visiting Dr Eunice Chua at TMC. Went to her for two pap smears before and blood test for immunities. Find her comforting and nice to talk to.
happy.gif
Nurse there also experience too. Just cant tahan the waiting time.

hi giggler and linda

thanks for your concern. false alaram! its actually AF. my temp drops yesterday and its finally here today. phew.... what a relieve! will try again next month.

and GOOD LUCK to all those trying.

Giggler,
so hve u plan the programs for the wkend?

Linda,
take clomid got side-effects har?? hopefully i will hve any when i take them...

heheheh...good morning!!! I think Giggler today very excited abt her stay in Conrad liao... hmm...makes me feel like pampering myself and hubby too. So long no go for short holiday until I damn bored liao.

Hi forgetmenot,
I read from the Net one. Maybe u like to do a research on this. If you have to take for your menses to be regulated then no choice lor.... Maybe take for not too long okie one lah.....

Hi Syl
TMC = Thomson Medical Centre

Hi all,
I SERIOUSLY wonder what happened to Monkey.... Hoep she is doing well man....

Morning Ladies,

went to see the reproductive endocrinologist yesterday, appt time was 2.45pm and I only get to see him around 5pm..my goodness.

anyway, he ordered blood test for both of us and next appt is end aug. if there are abnormalities in my hubby blooc, which they test for Y chromosome deficiency, then we will not be allowed to go thru the ICSI. then last resort is adoption. earliest start date of ICSI process will be soemtime in Sep or Oct is blood test all com back ok. but then doc said very near to year end, may not be good to rush thru??? me blur liao...think he wan to take his own time lar

me more or less succumb to fate liao, if really cannot, then adopt lor, but then heard it's very expensive , 20k ++.

Hope all of you will stike soon!

Linda,
mi too...i'm vv bored too...everyday aft work,then go hm...n wkend will be too tired to go out,n hve not to mention,hve to hsework during the wkend....

like no life.......

ya lor..so long neber hear from Monkey,dunno what happen to her..hope everything is fine..

Giggler,
u stay at conrad till when?? sun??

Micky,
when will u noe the results of the blood test??dun think so negatively,okie...

i think it is not cheap to adopt....the ICSI process oso not cheap,right??

forgetmenot,

the doc will consolidate all our blood test results and let us know in end aug, which is my next appt.

me not thinking negatively, just wan to prepare ourselves for the worst. we asked ourselves whether will we love a adopted child as our own, our answer is yes, though the bond will not be there at the initial stage, but then all babies are cute, so we will definitely love him/her. anyway, just hope that Y chromosome results is ok.

my ICSI process will cost abt 8k, while hubby testicle sperm retrieval will cost another dun know how many K, think maybe 2-3k..at the end of the day, if succeed, this bb worth ten grand!

Back