A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

linda,
thanks for all thr precious info!!
happy.gif

very true..that time when we haven't moved in before customary we only stayed in our hse during weekends and we were very 'active' always doing when weekend comes but of cos with condom or withdrawl method cos i dun want risk getting pregnant..now move in liao everyday so tired...ard 10plus i ald start zz.....not to mention baby dancing...

i wish to have baby soon..cos i already chose to have bb over my studies.....and age is catching up...

Hi reis, you can try fertilityfriend.com
I find this website more useful cos they help u to take note most essential thing.

Hi Linda, how's thing? Is your menses regular now?

giggler,

thanks so much!!will go in and take a look!
happy.gif

me also started folic acid three weeks ago..now doing research on which gynae to go to

Hi gals,

Is it true that we should not take too much "liang" stuff when TTC? Is tea (chinese, jap, english) "liang" for the body?

I have just started TTC last week. Like reis, i reach home 8 plus after dinner and already zz at 10 plus. So only got chance/energy to babydance on weekends. Really worry my chance of conceiving.

Hi everyone...

Linda,
hve you seen your nephew?? Is he very cute?m hows ur bb dancing??

Giggler,
what abt u??when is AF supposed to due this mth??pray hard tt ur Af dun come...

mi still the same,dunno if the clomid works for mi or not...anyway..will go back to my gynae after 2 mths time..
happy.gif

Hi Linda,
For the cycle,I do not have a regular one.Its like if I have my menses on 22/6 but my july menses come on 27/7 so very hard to judge leh.....like that hard to count when is my most fertile days...maybe also I counted my cycle wrongly hence missed out baby dancing on my supposed 'fertile'days...alamak...looks like got to be more hardworking leh....

Hi Angel, I'm not sure abt liang food but I'm sure that we can't take too much caffeine. Recently, I just know that drinking green tea can help to improve your cm. Maybe you can try drinking green tea few weeks before your O-day.

Hi reis, I suggest that you shd record down when you have menses. From there, you can see the avg. no. of days for your cycle. For me, it's a range from 29-32 days and it's still considered regular. I think to have irregular menses means you have menses every few mths or more than once each mth. Also, taking basal temp and taking note of your cm helps. Try the website I recommended lah. It'll help u to record your condition.

Hi forgetmenot, my AF shd be here on 5 Aug but I hope I'll never see her for the next 9-10 mths. hahahah............. So you're busy visiting your gynae every few weeks rite? How do u find her?

Hi Micky, you going for test next few days rite? Good luck to you !!!

Hi Giggler,

Thanks for the info. I have been drinking the OSK Jap Green Tea everyday for more than 2 years and my colleague was telling me to stop drinking it cos very "liang". I probably continue drinking it since it can improve cm.

Hi Giggler,
no lah...did not see her every few wks..oni will be gng back to see her in 2 mths time,tt is in Sept..

I oso hope ur do not see ur AF for 9-10 mths...

Angel,
i think is not very gd to drink too much liang food..

giggler,
just pop in the website u recommend and wanted to sign up free membership but looks like the website is too hot and I got to try later.

as for the mensed cycle,I have encounter the range of 28 to 35days!!but for the most updated one,I will use the date in June to July to estimate my cycle right?So that I can plot which is my fertile day?
sorry to ask:wat is basal temperature?
as for cum,I think I can't take note as I find it very'yucks'to see....
sad.gif

Hi Angel,
English tea is very liang...I get TERRIBLE menstrual cramps if I drink too much tea. Actually depends on whether u believe in the ang moh or chinese version. In chinese terms, we shouldn't drink too much liang stuff as it will 'weaken' the womb or cause miscarriages. Ang moh style got nothing call "weaken the womb". hahahaha....so best is to take in moderation lor.

Hi giggler hi forgetmenot,
Me still sama sama lor. Praying I can have good news to share REALLY soon.
wink.gif

Hi reis,
CM not yucks mah.... Think positively.... In fact, sometimes when I have egg white discharge, I like to stretch it btw my fingers...hahahaha
biggrin.gif
Siao right?? As long as after that wash hands with soap can liao.
happy.gif
Very easy way to judge fertility.

Basal Temp = your body temp at total rest.

linda,
how to judge if we are fertile from the cum?meaning if white,yellowish,brownish??wow didn't know there is so much knowledge....

come to think of it...there is so much homework to do in order to TTC..

I know what is basal temp liao but think got to buy one basal digital thermometer first...
happy.gif

Hi reis, I agree with Linda leh. Actually, what Linda does is rite lor. We shd feel the quality of our cm with our fingers. If it's stretchy, then it more or less means you're going to fertile soon. If u find it gross to touch, then u just take a look at your panties or on the tissue that u wiped when u go toilet lah. If u see egg-white cm then your O-day is coming soon.......

Hi Angel, if u want to drink English tea, drink it with milk/cream. That is, don't take teh-O, very liang.

Hi forgetmenot, so you only need to see gynae every 2 mths..... If that's the case, how can she monitor if you ovulate for u? How u know Clomid works for u then? I thot you can only confirm with ultrasound scan to see if u O????

Hi Linda, what is your stage now? I'm at 2WW, not feeling as positive as I felt last mth. No symptoms of preggie at all. I think I too gan jiong last mth and created those symptoms. hahahah..... This mth I really take it easy. Of course, still hope I can strike lah. Very contradicting hor?

Hi all,

I was thinking of doing a pre-natal test since my wedding is next yr and would like to have a child soon.

Any recommendations of Gynae...........
At 1st, i tot of going to polyclinic to get a referral, is it advisable to do it? Or should i juz go private?

I m quite scared govt hospital v. rough although it is cost effective.

Got help me please!! 10u!

Tweetie

Hi gals,

Thanks for the info. So is the Jap green tea liang for the body or not huh? I also heard cold/icy stuff not good for womb, is this true?

Hi Tweetie,

Personnally, I have not went for pre-natal test but I would prefer to go to a pte gynae. I dun think govt gynae are rough but I felt their processing time is longer as compared to pte gynae. I think in terms of price, should not differ very much.

Hi reis
Actually CM = Cervical mucus. The discharge you see on your panties are a good indication. Basically I have 2 types of CM. 1) Sticky rice texture. 2) Clear egg white stretchy texture. The (2) normally comes around mid of my cycle.

Wow...giggler, I not as expert as you leh....What is 2WW???? kekekekkeke

Hi tweetie,
Actually KKH also not cheap leh...(if what u meant by govt hospital is KKH) I have the fax copy of the charges and if I get a senior consultant and a single room, it will be more ex than Mt A. And honestly speaking, the waiting period at KKH is so long.... Is the $$ save worth the time? So best is to get a reasonably priced gynae. The one I went to quite average...Package of $800 (includes normal delivery) can start from month 2 if you want. $300 can be dedcuted medisave. Mt A charges are quite good too.
happy.gif

giggler and linda,

looks like I have to take a lot of courage to see my cm...
sad.gif
me more of a clean-freak,so felt quite uncomfortable to look at anything on my panties...always try to avoid looking at it....

Giggler,
Chim leh..wat is 2WW?? my gynae gave mi to try clomid for 2 mths,tt's is 2 cycles,then aft tt go back n see her lor..

i actually think tt the clomid she gave does not work for mi,cos if based on 31 days cycle..i shd be ovulating this wk...but when i took my temp this morning,there is no rise or fall in my temp...

the temp 36.6 seems like my normal temp leh..

anyway...now can oni wait and see what happens till my next appt...

Linda,
i'm sure u will hve gd new to share soon...
happy.gif

Tweetie,
it depends on you..if there is gynae tt u wanted to see,dun think u can get a referral from polyclinic...

polyclinic will refer you to any gynae,think there is no fixed gynae but the charges are cheaper..

Linda, 2WW= 2 waiting weeks, ie the 2 weeks waiting for AF to show her face or rather the time that I can use my HPT. heehee.....

Hi reis, u very cute leh. Do u wash your panties? If u wash your panties, how not to look at it leh.

Hi Angel, I also don't know green tea liang or not. Try not to take too much lor. I only take 1 cup a day.

Hi Tweetie, there will be no fixed gynae if u are referred by Polyclinic. That's what happened to my friend. And I don't like leh.

Hi forgetmenot, I thot your gynae shd check to see if Clomid works on u? I think the other time Micky's gynae did something like checking on her follicle or something like that leh. Micky are u ard to clear my doubt?

Giggler,
ya lor..tt's wat i tot too..but she no mention anything leh..

she oni say let mi try for two mths to see if it regulate my menses...

Forgetmenot,
My gynae gave me clomid to take for 3 cycles and at the same time asked me to monitor my temp and showed it to him at the end of 3 mths. That's how he monitor whether clomid works for me. And on the 4th cycle, I went there, coincidentally my fertile period, that's why can see my follicle at 1.9cm.. You may wan to call your gynae and ask how is she/he monitoring whether clmoid works for you?

Me waiting for my menses to come and on CD2, suppose to go for blood test again. My left hand very badly bruised and friends asked me why I did not storm down to NUH to scold them..maybe they hurt the vein partly also me sensitive, that's why. Everyday got to hide from MIL and parents...

giggler,
cos when i bathe i just dump it into the pail mah...and the next day washed anything would have been 'dissolved'liao mah..
happy.gif

Micky,
u mean ur hand still bruised ah?? better go back aor see a doc again..where got bruise for so long one...

meanwhile take some "pu" food to replenish the blood..

hmm..okie,think i will call n find out..thanks.

Micky, how can your hand still bruise one??? They do it so rough? Personally, I don't like NUH though they're nearer to my place. Had quite a few bad experiences there.

forgetmenot, u better call to ask your gynae lor. Meanwhile, you also take your temp like Micky lah.

reis, I think it takes a while for u to get used lor. Initially, I can't really take temp every morning one. Now I get used liao. What I do is put the thermometer beside my bed lor. I feel that checking cm is more accurate cos temp only tell u if you ovulate that mth leh. Which means it can't predict your ovulation so u won't know when to bb-dance using BBT. Whereas for cm, you shd dance once u see egcm lah.

Hi all,
Have been quite busy and tired, therefore, sleep early most of the time. My AF has been delayed for 4 days liao, my cycle is pretty regular and I dun dare to test it because I'm worried that it might just be a delay. I've got no symptoms of preggie except for the tender breast which is similar to PMS. Will probably wait until this Fri to see if AF arrives.

Hi all,

Hmmmm! i think its quite true also. Maybe shd go for private then. But any recommendations for good but not so expensive. The last time i saw was Tanny Chan in Gleneagles. HEr charges were so expensive, costs me abt $400 for the 1st time. No blood test, just pap smear and ultra sound.

Heard some good recommendations abt Dr Henry Cheng in Gleneagles as well....Anyone been to him??

Gals, dun worry! I know its hard to try...but try ok! BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU!!! :)

Hi Reis
If you scared to touch with your fingers, how abt using tissue? Also can tell....

Hi Giggler,
OIC.... 2WW=2 waiting weeks.... That means your O-day is just over?

Hi forgetmenot,
yah you shld call and see how else you can help to monitor lor. But the clomid you are given is to help you regulate your menses and not help you get preggie right?

Hi Sue,
happy.gif
I am crossing my fingers for you!!!!! Hopefully will have good news to share soon. Tiredness also a sign you know?

Hi micky,
Yah, it shldn't be bruised for so long.... Have you mentioned this to your doctor? I mean in a way, they shldn't be treating their paying patients in this manner. What is the blood test on your CD2 for?

giggler & reis,
Will try using tissue to see how is the cm after my menses.Hopefully I can overcome the psychological factor...
happy.gif

btw can I ask a question:If a woman is pregnant(for a few weeks without her knowing)can she still jog?would it cause any harm?

forgetmenot, you took clomid for 2 mths then visit gyne? how come not after every cycle? you mean your gyne give you clomid saying its to regulate your cycle? i thought clomid is not to regulate cycle but to stimulate the eggs for ovulation. For me, my gyne insist that after every cycle of clomid i go visit him and do blood test. By the way, do you feel that after consuming clomid it actually makes you produce less discharge.. feel very dry.. You have the same experience?

Micky,
Sorry for being ignorant, how do you check on your follicle? scanning ? How come my gyne request me to visit him after every cycle whereas you and forgetmenot is not so . Maybe my gyne wants to earn my $$$.. Ask you something since clomid is to assist in ovulation so can i say if it does work on us we would actually see more CM . If didn't see that means don't work . What is your views?

Linda, my CM colour is like pearl white does it consider i'm ovulating? however this discharge doesn't appear in continuos days leh , some days have , some day don't. I wonder is it bcos of the food that i eat too "liang" thats why got white discharge.

Giggler, i don't think you need to do a scan inorder to know whether you Ovulate. Just blood test will do.

Hi Tweetie, never heard of Dr Henry Cheng before leh. Sorry, can't help.

Hi Linda, my O-day just over last week so now waiting....... lor. Hope I can share good news with u gals 2 weeks later.

Hi reis, I guess it's still fine to jog lah but don't do too vigorous exercise.

elle,
my gynae checked my follicle size through scanning..can actually see a black dot there, then he will measure using the computer and tell me on which day it will mature (i.e. ovulate).
For me after taking clomid, it resulted in less cm during fertile time and more cm after fertile time but textile will not be clear sticky type..

Linda
CD2 blood test is to assess my hormone level and determine how much hormone injection(dosage of medicine) i need to take if the treatment is proceeded. menses coming soon, shld be this weekend, pimples popping out already..

Thanks Giggler & Linda. I'm also hoping for the positive results.

Hi Giggler, baby dust to you too! Hope to hear gd news fm u soon! Hehe....Actually it shld be to everybody here!
happy.gif

Hi Linda

Sorry for disappearing for so long.

happy.gif
surprised!! I'm staying at 836 and my inlaws at 865. So i went to that clinic to jab lor.

which block u staying?? the one facing the road?? Mansionette pattern? 850??

Tot Parenthood, Motherhood and Young Parents contains info more for couples with kids. Which one do u think is better??

giggler & Linda,

I will count the first day of my last menses till the first day of my present menses to judge how long is my ovulation calender?

Hi everyone,

elle n Linda,
my gynae say is to help mi to regulate my menses n release eggs so tt i can conceive easier.

yes,i do find tt i have less cm..abit dry...maybe this is the side effects of taking clomid..

Sue,
I oso hope u will hve gd news to share with us...
happy.gif

Giggler,
now i'm taking my temp every morning..hopefully can see tt i'm ovulating..

Hi everyone,
i finally fixed an apptment with TMC so gan chong dun no wat the outcme like.My Gnyne is Yvonne Chan,any1 can share her experience wif me.Thnks

Hi everyone,

discovered i m ard a mth pregnant after confirming with a GP. very unexpected as din plan for it. really sotong now. anyone can recommend experience n not too expensive gynae? thanks alot!

Hi everyone,
can ask u gals something??i been taking my temp for the past few days,n temp is ard 36.6 but this morning,it dropped to ard 35...does tt means i'm ovulating or i'm "thinking" too much liao as it is quite normal?..hehehe..
thanks.
happy.gif

Im,
Congrats!!
happy.gif

U prefer male or female gynae and pte or govt hospitals?

Hi SSL
happy.gif
I stay 844. You are nearer to Shop and Save.

Hi Reis,
The cycle length shld be first day of your menses till the day before your next menses.

Hi forgetmenot,
happy.gif
So the clomid is helping to regulate your menses lah.... Good also... Other than the dryness, any other side effects? Can you do anything to prevent the dryness? hehehehe...now you so hardworking liao? Must take temp every morning huh?

Hi IM,
CONGRATS!!!
happy.gif
First of all, SMILE!!!! hahahaha Actually I always believe with experience comes higher charges. But if the pregnancy is low risk and normal and if the mum doesn't have any pre-existing problems then a doc you are comfortable with will be fine enough. First of all, where do you stay? Cos personally location is impt factor to me. Then think if you want a pte gynae or KKH. From there you narrow your choice list.
Some recommend seeing a gynae only after 8 weeks. But I was KS, I see mine almost immediately knowing I am pregnant to confirm the position of the embryo.

Oops! SSL, forget to tell you that I prefer Motherhood.
happy.gif
These magazines do contain more info for those already with kids. But it is good for us to start learning early.

hi forgetmenot,

would prefer a female gynae. actually dun have enough knowledge of pte or govt hospitals. heard tat govt hospitals have to wait rather long when visit gynae. is it true? always have the "waiting" concept in govt stuffs. any recommendations of good pte hospitals that is not so "branded"?

hi Linda,

still feel v shocked at the news leh.. dunno how to react!

i stay in the east and would prefer female gynae as more comfortable taking to female :p actually wats the main diff betw pte gynae n KKH? really need u ladies to help as nvr do "research" on such stuffs!

Hi Linda,
no other side effects but then hor,i find out i dun feel hungry easily...usually i will feel hungry in the morning,afternoon and at nite..

but nowadays i find tt i dun feel hungry...and eat abit oni,i will feel full liao...

hehe..maybe is a illusion,it has nothing to do with the clomid...hehehe

ya lor..now must be guai guai n take temp every morning,so tt i can see if i got ovulate or not..

btw,isit the day when the temp drop,means ovulating liao?

Im,
think if u sign up package with kkh,u need not wait for very long..but the package is bit ex cos the treatment u get is veri,like A Class one...

if u wan to save costs,u can go to polyclinic and get a referral but u will not get a fixed gynae everytime u go for check-ups.

juz like to check wif u gals,

if we bb dance couple of days b4 OD & got impregnated, will we still get to see stretchy egg-white CM?

my AF supposed to come this wk, hopefully will not see them!
happy.gif

hi gals,
i'm new to this forum, and just was reading all ur posts and feel so horrified. i've been ttc for almost one year already and want to give up.

i had serious endometriosis before, and gynae (tanny chan)juz kept telling us to hurry up and hv baby. claim that babies will prevent endo from recurring but i hv heard of plenty of mothers who have endo after childbirth!
anyway when we first went to tanny chan - it was barely 3 mths after wedding and she suggest that after 2 more mths of trying - shld put me on fertility drug (which i think was clomid). we were not convinced (how can i start fertility pill when i hvnent even gone thru full range of fertility test? somemore at that time juz married 4-5mths only?)

can anyone tell me what clomid is supposed to achieve? if it's ovulation - i already have measurable temperature rise (means got ovulate right?), i even visited her once and saw the follicle rupture, etc,...then why must still ask me to go on clomid?!?!?!

anyways, like one of u said, she is so terribly expensive! each time i go for chk up - goodness. just so much stress and fear. they just keep scaring me and hubby - and all the fear, dread plus our own work schedules n stress - gdness. my sister even thinks that i can't conceive is due to stress and insufficent baby dance (in almost 11 mths of marriage - our maximum is only do it 9 times in 1 month. most times - we end up doing it 6 times a mth! and even then, mostly during wkends! ) and with the charting - we make the effrot to babydance during fertile period - but the stress juz makes the baby dance such an unpleasant time..u know what i mean?

i wnat to share with u all some of the research i hv been reading. i read that clomid actually increases risk of ovarian cancer and stuff like that. (Dr John Lee, What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause)...i'm really not sure that drugs & hormones are the way to go..i'm one of those who prefer not to do drugs and surgery and hormones if possible one...i think that hormones do a lot of harm to our bodies..

anyway, i'm going for 3 wk europe holiday in august - really no hope liao...

:-(

hi forgetmenot,
if i didn't recall wrongly you are also PCOS patient right? How did you do charting of temperature if your cylce is irregular?

My period is very abnormal so i got the impression charting doesnt work on me.. Can anyone tell me whether am i right with this thinking?

hi elle,
i just start to take temp again these few days cos i hve stopped for a couple of mths..

i just take my temp every morning to see if i got ovulate as my gynae put mi on clomid.

Back