A place for the TTCs.. (Trying To Conceive)

Hi forgetmenot,
Yah lor...so siaz until sometimes I also dun want to do housework. Like never ending like that. sigh.... Endless mountain of clothes to be washed and hanged and ironed, floor to vacuum and mop and polished, toilets to be washed, windows to be wiped...AIYOH!!!! Will die doing all these on a weekend which we only have ONE pathetic day to rest! U and me so kor-mia, have to work Sats....

Hi Micky
The blood test must take so long ah? Then in the meanwhile, no medication or anything? I am sorry but I think your doctor very hao lian leh... Why no good to rush thru? Surely he shld understand your anxiety to try ASAP should everything permits. Will you seek alternative advise? This mth's Women's Weekly have an article on fertility treatments, maybe you will like to take a look.
Micky, all the encouragement I shld says sounds so pointless now. I know you will be strong to face this. And you have all our support and venting space.

Micky, did the doc explain to u why it's not good to rush during year end ???? U take care in meantime n like what Linda says, u have our support !!!!

Hi all, I'm really excited leh!!! Just called Conrad to rqt for b'day cake as it's my hubby's b'day and they're going to give us as complimentary. So happy....

Micky, I think it takes abt $20k for adoption. My uncle did that and I can feel that they really treat the child as their own son. But hopefully you won't need to do it. Pray hard that your blood tests are ok. I think NUH is like that one leh. I got a friend who visited NUH for the past 1.5 yrs and all this while the gynae still can't detect what's wrong with them leh. So I strongly encouraged her to seek others' help.

I think the doc just want to be very thorough in his investigations, but then if my next appt all results are good, then I will request to start off the treatment. I've actually wanted to resign in early Oct, now cannot liao. In fact, boss was kind and nice enuff to understand that I will be off on MC here and there.

Giggler,
say Happy Birthday to your hubby for me! Many happy returns!

The blood test results every thing will take a bit of time, coz I think they will check everything, DNA and others lor. Somemore the blood test yet to be done. need to go next wed for the test. the last test will be scheduled in early aug when my menses come (CD2) must go take test. anyway, i think that how's government hospital works lor..

snowflake,
never say though, but i will demand to go thru the process once everything comes back ok. dun wan to prolong my agony...

Linda,
ok will check out woman's weekly.

Linda,
ya lor..so tired..sometimes,i dun even wan to do hsework..but if i dun do,my hubby will not do one..he dun even noe how to wash the toilet and mop the floor...

Micky,
y u wan to resign in oct??gng to change new job har??
dun worri..i'm sure everything will turn out fine..

Giggler,
have fun n enjoy urself!!!

Hi SSL,
You can try this website too. http://pregnancy.about.com/index.htm?terms=pregnant The site has a week by week information about the baby, mum & dad. Quite interesting, it tells the dad what to expect during his wife's pregnancy.

I intend to go to a gynea recommended by my friend. His clinic is in Lucky Plaza & you can choose a few hospital to give birth. My friend has recommended few friends to him because of difficulty in conceiving and he has helped two couples to conceive. My friend has two children already & both were delivered by him.

Hi Syl

Believe Linda has answered your question
happy.gif

Hi sue

Me more comforty with lady doc.
happy.gif

Hi all,
i received the msg.thanks u.but still confused whether to seek gyne advice a not.me too had marriage for abt a year still have not have any bb cos of my irregular menses make me headache.So sad dunno when will get pregnancy.
sad.gif

Good morning gals.

My hubby SA test result is out. Everything is fine except quality of the sperm is bad, only 4% !!! No choice, he now has to 'kuai kuai' take the medicine. The chinese physician also advised him to take water melon daily. Till now he still cannot accept it, keep on complaining that his whole body now fill with medicine. So cannot try now, wait for another month and see how.

Hi Giggler,

How's your romantic weekend at conrad ?

Thanks Micky, we really enjoyed our stay at Conrad. Very relaxing. The room very cosy, the service excellent. When they know that we went there to celebrate my hubby's b'day, they even sent us a b'day cake. Very impress.
I really peifu u leh. You're very strong lor. Keep it up and I'm sure that you'll blessed with a baby asap.....

Vera, what medicine did the doc prescribed?

syl, how long have u been TTC? Actually it's recommended that u try for at least 1 year before u consult a gynae lor.Don't be so discouraged by your irregular menses. Alot of women who have irregular menses still managed to have bb. Be more patient. Some of us who have regular menses also don't have bb so easily mah. So don't fret too much ok?

forgetmenot, I consider myself very lucky cos I don't really need to do housework one. My sil will do for me once a week. She very nice hor?

Vera,
y ur hubby need to take water melon daily??i tot water melon is veri "liang"?

Giggler,
ya lor..how's ur wkend getaway?

syl,
u mention tt u been to a few gynaes but they are not veri gd,isit?? wat do u mean not gd? isit aft seeing them,ur menses still irregular??

how long hve u been seeing your gynae?i hve just seen one recently for normal check-up n my irregular menses...she gave mi medication for my menses to come n clomid to regulate my menses...

Giggler,
glad tt u enjoyed ur stay...got "work hard" during the stay or not...kekekeke
happy.gif

wow...ur sil so gd har??she staying with u or staying near to you??

forgetmenot, got work hard lah but not the right timing so no use also. hhahaha.....
My sil stay near to me.

My best friend just delivered on Fri at Gleneagles. Very qiao, same b'day as my hubby. But she complained abt the service there leh. Both her hubby and herself not satisfied with the service, esp the nurse.

hi syl,

have you ever checked with Gyne on your irregular menses?
HOw serious is yours? Mine is as late as 1/2 yr ones.

Forgetmenot,
I've went to see gyne and now confirm having PCOS.
The gyne showed me my LH or ?H is lower according to my blood test.. I dun really know what is the LH all about. Can you/someone enlighten me on this..

He gave me clomid to eat so i've just done a 2nd blood test to check whether got eggs. So scared leh.. if no egg got to go for the ovarian drilling to find out what's wrong..

Hi Giggler,

My hubby seeing the same chinese phy so he is now taking 'dong chong chao' and some other herbs, can't remember those names.

So these few days must dance more already. I think your cycle is very close to mine.
You so good life no need to do housework !!!

Hi forgetmenot,

My hubby belongs to the 'heaty' type, he gets mouth uclers easily so I think for guys or for him 'liang' is not a problem. Basically to take more fruits loh.

You are taking clomid now, how is it ? Does it help to regulate yr menses ?

Elle,
i oso dunno leh..in fact when i see my gynae,she did not take any blood test leh...

Vera,
i still dunno if ir helps to regulate my menses or not..cos this is oni my 2nd day taking it...but fr wat i heard,it supposed to make u ovulate with more eggs and hence regulate menses....but dunno true or not...

forgetmenot,
so r you also being diagnose with PCOS too?

Clomid could help to regulate menses meh? i thought only for releasing of eggs?

How long have you been trying?

i've read in one of the website before, clomid would cause hot flash.. anyone knows what is hot flash?

Linda,
Do you have any idea what is LH & HSG level?

Thanks for the advise!

Hi giggler,
thnk 4 the encouragement.me will tried harder lor.

Hi forgetmenot
ya lor .c a few gyne but menes still cme on & off lor.even when they give me the medication eat abt few day my menses did cme and after tt its stop again went back to c them ,did pap smear test 4 me say everything is normal and to give me medication again.

hi elle,
my menses almost same s yours.so now hv to find a gd gyne to regulate my menses again.so sad.Any gynes to intro.

Hi giggler, wat kind of bad svc did your fren complain abt gleneagles? i m also delivering there n would like to hear some feedback. care to share? thanks

Giggler,
Gleneagles not gd har??i tot is not bad leh...

Elle,
i been trying for a couple of mths oni..wat abt u leh??

my gynae said i hve poly--something...think most likely is PCOS lah...she said due to this,i put on weight easily n hard to lose...

i think tt's wat my gynae said..so i dunno if true or not...

Hi elle,
FYI.
happy.gif

Both luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) are necessary for ovulation. If, for example, hyperlactinemia is caused by a prolactionoma, a tumor in the pituitary gland, then this could interfere with the secretion of LH and FSH. Any change in LH and FSH can cause ovulation and menstrual abnormalities.

Q: I'm having difficulty getting pregnant and my doctor ordered a hysterosalpingogram. What is that?

A hysterosalpingogram or HSG is often part of the infertility evaluation. It is a test to check the uterine cavity as well as the patency (openness) of the fallopian tubes. The HSG is usually done in the radiology department of a hospital. Radiographic contrast, or dye, is injected into the uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix. The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the fallopian tubes are open, the dye will then fill the tubes and spill out into the abdominal cavity.
The HSG shows whether the fallopian tubes are open or, if they are blocked, where the blockage is located. The blockage can be distal, at the end of the fallopian tube, or proximal, where the tube meets the uterus. Blockage in each of these two areas has different causes.
There are other things that potentially can be seen on a hysterosalpingogram: The uterine cavity is evaluated for the presence of polyps, fibroid tumors, or scar tissue. The fallopian tubes are also examined for any defects within the tube or suggestion of a partial blockage. Some women are more likely to get pregnant after an HSG.

Hi all,
I think every hospital also got good and bad staff lah... No choice one. As long as the gynae attending to you is good then I think not too bad. If I dun like the hurse attitute, I will scold. ahahahahahahha

I very excited cos my SIL is giving birth NOW!!!! My mum called to say she was admitted this morning. So I will expect to see my baby nephew on wednesday!!!!!
happy.gif

I agree with Linda lor. It's the nurse's attitude lor. Mayb she not happy that day, that's why service bad.

Well, what happened was my friend told her that she wanted to pee right after she gave birth. So the nurse brought her the pot to her bed. Although my friend told her that it was not placed properly, she didn't bother to adjust for my friend. True enough, she wet the whole bed lor. Then the nurse changed the bedsheet for her, but she left it on the chair without bringing them out. My friend's hubby reminded the nurse of the bedsheet but again she didn't bother. So my friend's hubby even took down the photos of that and he may highlight this matter to the hospital. The gynae didn't visit my friend at all after she gave birth. He only see her 2 days later to authorise to discharge that's all.

Ladies,

hubby went for blood test this morning. Remembered clearly that my gynae nurse told us that it's is FOC and she attached 3 empty tubes to 3 forms (the forms are the 3 types of test to be performed). In the end, they took 7 tubes from my hubby and he fainted there! so angry! I was not there or I will be screaming at the nurses. My gynae and his nurse were all on leave. I think there is some miscommunication along the way. the recep nurses happily thought that the 3 tubes attached is to take extra blood, and the 3 forms need to draw blood also, somemore hubby paid $300+ for it.
I called them up and they said they will check when my gynae nurse is back, and if they charge us extra, will reimburse. as to the no. of tubes of blood that was drawn, they assured me that no extra was withdrawn...they said in fact they need 8 tubes but beco my ang fainted at the 7th, they stopped. my ang told them he is very dizzy at the 7th liao, the nurses told him, dun see. and the next moment my ang half conscious liao. so poor thing...

if ever i found out that they took extra which i will confirm with my gynae nurse on wed, i will sure write a complaint letter to the dept chief...

ao angry with them. wed afternoon will be my turn for blood test, will check with them and ask how many tubes they going to withdraw from me.

BLOOD BOILING.....

Hi Micky,

Cool down, cool down...
Your hubby so poor thing...7 tubes. I one tube also dun know can tahan anot, can't imagine how your hubby can take it. Yeah, better cfm with ur gynae or nurse how many shd both of u withdraw, esp. u urself. Dun let them withdraw more than u shd.

Micky, your ang very poor thing leh. 7 tubes !!! That's alot. The other time I only draw one tube, I also feel giddy liao.

forgetmenot, yah most prob you also have PCOS, it stands for polyscystic Ovary Syndrome. But r you overweight? I heard from my gyne he got PCOS patient who's overweight and manage to conceive after slimmed down. For my case i am neither overweight nor hairy..
Sighhh,,.. sighh...everything leave it to fate lah.. Me trying for few months also.. but got worried once i know that i got this PCOS.

Syl,
Who is your gyne currently? Mine is from Thomson Medical. Which part of S'pore do you stay? you may wanna find a gyne close to your house. Seems like our case pretty similar leh.. i also did the pap smear result normal and the previous gyne give me Diane 35 where i stop taking already and my present gyne asked me to stop. So what medicines are you having now?

Linda,
You could be half a gyne man!..My gyne didn't actually tell me what is LH and FSH. He only said if LH is > than FSH confirm got PCOS. I really admire your knowledge on all the "cheem" medical terms.
Hey thanks for your article too.. By the way, the HSG is it talking about ovary drilling???... Me confused liao.. Congrats on your coming new born nephew, must be very excited to carry him huh.. Who knows your s-i-l may past to you some baby dust and enhance your chances to be preggie.. GOOD LUCK to you!

Linda, you can try eating those confinement food that your sil takes leh. Heard from my cousin, she got a friend who can't conceive for 5 years, managed to get bb after she took my cousin's food while she on confinement. You can try lah.

forgetmenot, it's true that being overweight is one of the factor that cause difficulty to conceive. Underweight also.

Hi Micky,
7 tubes at one go! Wow lau. Will really die, you better cook some pork liver soup cooked with ginger for him to nourish the blood. And if i were you, I will also write LONG LONG complaint letter man!

Hi elle,
No lah, not I half-gynae but I KPO. I search for it thru the web. Helps me to understand more also mah!
happy.gif
I dun think HSG is ovary drilling. From the article, it seems like that it is a process whereby a dye is inserted into your uterus. No drilling leh....
As for my nephew...ekekkeke...yah, kind of looking forward to seeing him. So long no carry new borns liao.....

Hi giggler,
hahahahah.... I dun like to eat the pig trotters lah....other than that, dun think my mum cook other typical confinement food for SIL. Ginger soup have but I eat ginger all the time too leh....

Linda, I meant to eat your sil's share leh. Not eating just confinement food leh. So how? Has your nephew come out liao? My friend went thru 13hrs of labour but she didn't suffer much cos she had epidural after 2-3 hrs of pain. She said that it was very painful, she can't tahan.

hi gals,

need some advise. my hubby and i are considering putting off having kids for the time being. but i want to know r there any tests where we can check if we hav any fertility probs cos if we do, at least we can rectify the probs now hopefully. if not, wait a couple more yrs later then discover would be too late.

Micky,
wow...7 tubes...the nurses shd noe how much blood one can take mah...
better buy some tonics and iron tablets for ur hubby...

Elle/Giggler,
I'm definitely overweight but my gynae did not ask mi to lose weight leh...
n plus more..last time when i'm overweight,my menses come veri regularly...but dunno y aft customary,my menses become haywire liao...

anyway,i'm trying to lose weight now...
happy.gif

Linda,
hve u seen ur newphew??

hi elle me currently not on any medication lor.i stay near balestier rd ,btw how to bk an appt @ tmc & wat d prodecure.pls advice.

thnks

Giggler,
by eating less,cutting down on rice,noodles and other carbos...sometimes i eat fruits for lunch...

i eat bread for breakfast everyday which i think is not veri gd..so trying to refrain fr taking bread in the morning..

hehehe...i know must exercise...but i veri lazy...hehehe...will try to do tt too..
happy.gif

Micky,
do u hve any side effects when u take clomid?i find tt when i poke my breasts,i will feel abit pain like pre-menstrual symptons..n the funni thing is tt my menses just ended leh...

Hi morning!!!
kekkeke...I so happy. Didn't see my nephew in person but saw the photos my brother took of him after he was born. Looks like my niece..ekekekekek
happy.gif
The minute I went home, my 2 yr old niece told me:"Gu gu, I got di di already. Di di come out already." hahahhaha
biggrin.gif
makes my day.

But baby was naughty....gave the mummy a fair bit of trouble. Went in abt 8am+ then gave birth at abt 5+. Epidural which worked caused her legs to go numb so she canot push. The gynae reduced the epidural dosage and she felt pain but can push. Gynae advised her to push and forget abt the pain, no point doing c-section for her which will cost more and very distraughting to both mum and baby.

When baby was born, the cord was around the neck. The gynae had to insert his finger btw neck and cord to create space for baby while his body is being born. Aiyoh! So naughty. Then he swallow some of his own faeces and will be observed to see if he needs to get his little stomach pumped.

Overall, I love him still...hahahahahah
happy.gif
happy.gif
If got photo, I will post it here. ahahhah like my own like that
happy.gif

wow another new born! always good to hear who give birth..kaka. Coz I don't even know if I will get that chance, but nevertheless I will try or I will regret it. I know the process not going to be easy, my friend got to take lots of blood tests here and there, and her hand all blueblack..but i will "ren ren ren"..hopefully can succeed.

forgetmenot,
dun remember having any side effects except that during fertile period more dry, and the mucus reduce also. next mth i dun need to take liao..kaka
dun even know what to do with the last 5 tablets???

Hi Linda, congrats to the new addition in yr family. Sounds like a naughty boy but it is always heartwarming seeing babies.

Linda,
so when u can see ur little nephew?

Micky,
Tt's the spirit..must keep on trying...i will jia you n pray for u one...

u gng for ur blood test today?

wats the dosage of the clomid tt ur gynae gave u??mine gave mi 50mg..

u oni need to take one tablet??i hve to take 2 leh...
sad.gif

Hi Micky,
I am sure you will be able to do it. It makes all sacrifices worth it isn't it? Just bear in mind the end result, a warm cuddly baby in your arms.
happy.gif

Hi Sue,
Thanks!!! Yah, when I saw the tiny face in the digital cam, I nearly cried. he is so perfect....
happy.gif

Hi doubtful,
Actually, you can go for a pre-marital check and see how the gynae advise.

forgetmenot
the dosage is only 50mg, and i'm only required to take one a day from CD2 to CD6, so far from my chart, my gynae said that I'm ovulating very well. actually before taking clomid i also got ovulate leh

hi ladies,

i am doing a little family planning n came across these questions, i hope u all can help me out:

1)how much cash savings should i have b4 trying to conceive?
2)medisave aside, wats the cost of the whole 10 mths + birthing process?
3)in the year after giving birth, how much money would i need to spend on d baby (confinement period for me, baby's jabs, checkups, milk powder, pampers etc)
4)how much does it cost annually to bring up a kid from birth to 4 yrs old? after starting school, does it cost more?

thanks in advance

Hi ladies, i have just started to TTC this month. I noticed that the next morning i always got clear water discharge (sometimes quite a lot that it wet even my shorts). Is this normal? What is the clear water discharge? Thanks.

hi micky and forgetmenot,

how come my gyne prescibe to me 150mg. me 1st time taking too. Looks like my dosage is alot higher than yours.. I wonder how the gyne guage how much dosage to give.

Micky, what test did your gyne do to tell whether you ovulate?

hi Syl,
you've never been to visit gyne before?
ok to book an appointment at TMC, you just need to call and said you are 1st timer. they would ask you what's the problem with you and you may just say check up on irregular period or etc.

ELLE,

indeed your dosage is considered high given the fact that gynae shld start off with the lowest dosage and increase subsequently if you still do not ovulate. you may wan to check with your gynae on that. the gynae knew that i'm ovulating coz he saw the follicle on the ulrasound.

Hi elle,
though my gynae gave mi 50mg one..but i was told to take 2 tablets for 5 days...so i supposed i took 100mg cos 2 50mg add together mah...

what other test ur gynae did for u??

it seems tt my gynae did not do any test for mi except ultrascan n pap smear...she did not even tell mi if i hve any blockage or not leh...

Micky,
since u ovulate regularly,then no need to take anymore clomid liao lah...

Woody,
cant help u cos i did not do any planning one..just guo yi tian shi yi tian..
happy.gif
but would definitely save some $$ for rainy days..

i supposed if u bring ur bb to polyclinic for the jabs,it will be foc...but if u wan to bring bb to pte,then u will hve to pay lor..

Dear Ladies,

I'm so sad that I just teared in office, luckily no one saw.... I've just been diagnosed with PCOS by my gynae though I'm neither overweight nor have excessive hair growth.

I'm struggling through the internet readings now to find out more about the condition. Can anyone shed some light? I've yet to speak to my gynae cos she's doing an operation, and I'm really very worried.....

Hi first-timer,
The clear water residual is prob 'left-over' semen.

Hi woody,
To be frank, I dun think there is an exact figure anyone can give you. Even if one gave you, that will not be accurate for you cos diff people have diff expectations and dreams for their child.

1)I just have normal savings. Did not save more just cos I am TTC-ing.

2)Depends on your choice of gynae and hospital and the condition of your pregnancy. Some spend $10K, some also $1K cash. Of course, high risk pregnancy will prob cost more.

3)Then again, depend on your choice of lifestyle. Confinement nannies cost about $1500-$1800 depending on experience. Milk powder prices differ from brand to brand. Also if you are breastfeeding then save on that lor. Diapers have cheap and ex range. Some mums send 8 months old babies to play centre costing $160 each month. Some dun.

4)Depend on lifestyle. Some mums bring their toddlers to US for trips. Some dun bring them overseas until they are like 6 year olds.

Back